Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fave widely-forgotten/hated characters?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hyper Light Drifter forgotten and underappreciated NPC. The Hiker. At least he's Alx's favorite!
Skrunkle deserves more attention with the adorable dumb orange hat.

EDIT: although I'm not sure on the HLD fandom's stance on The Bandit I want to punch him in the face. So bad. Every single time I have to go into that stupid weapons shop. No one touches my bean.
Hyper Light Drifter forgotten and underappreciated NPC. The Hiker. At least he's Alx's favorite!
Skrunkle deserves more attention with the adorable dumb orange hat.

EDIT: although I'm not sure on the HLD fandom's stance on The Bandit I want to punch him in the face. So bad. Every single time I have to go into that stupid weapons shop. No one touches my bean.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
Way back when I was into BNHA, my favorite character was Ojiro. I spent all my time in artist allies hunting for ANY merch with him, and I only succeeded once in almost three years
Way back when I was into BNHA, my favorite character was Ojiro. I spent all my time in artist allies hunting for ANY merch with him, and I only succeeded once in almost three years
ePOliyb.png
J7D1quC.png
mjtJ868.png
6OezIjj.png
UU9vIu2.png
T4Peb9C.png
NItuqvN.png
[quote name="Yugi" date="2022-08-03 14:38:22" ] My favorite MHA character is Ojiro. A character who’s running gag is how plain he is and one of his focus battles is him repeatedly needing saving, getting Stabbed Twice, and being the only character on his team who gets out I am starving And yet even I feel bad for Koda fans [/quote] YOU UNDERSTAND ME
Yugi wrote on 2022-08-03 14:38:22:
My favorite MHA character is Ojiro.

A character who’s running gag is how plain he is and one of his focus battles is him repeatedly needing saving, getting Stabbed Twice, and being the only character on his team who gets out

I am starving

And yet even I feel bad for Koda fans

YOU UNDERSTAND ME
ePOliyb.png
J7D1quC.png
mjtJ868.png
6OezIjj.png
UU9vIu2.png
T4Peb9C.png
NItuqvN.png
Snigglette from Hatchetfield She was in one scene and then died (probably, it was implied but never confirmed) I got too attached and made a fandragon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66318076][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663181/66318076_350.png[/img][/url]
Snigglette from Hatchetfield
She was in one scene and then died (probably, it was implied but never confirmed)
I got too attached and made a fandragon

66318076_350.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
a character from a mod of a game that is only kept alive by it's modding community and rarely played anymore. everyone in the main game community hates him and some of them also hate the mod he's from. i love him. if you know who this is and don't absolutely hate him and want him killed i will send you a friend request (THREAT)
a character from a mod of a game that is only kept alive by it's modding community and rarely played anymore. everyone in the main game community hates him and some of them also hate the mod he's from. i love him. if you know who this is and don't absolutely hate him and want him killed i will send you a friend request (THREAT)
I keep getting attached to villains who don't even show that much personality in the story beyond just being all-around irredeemable garbage, like Zant from Twilight Princess and Godrick from Elden Ring.

In Zant's case, I find him weirdly relatable because (aside from all the evil creepy stuff, obviously) everything he does gives me major Autism Vibes, and well, it's not like us autistic people have many positive role models in fiction anyway. With Godrick it's mostly just having a sick-as-hell design and boss fight.
I keep getting attached to villains who don't even show that much personality in the story beyond just being all-around irredeemable garbage, like Zant from Twilight Princess and Godrick from Elden Ring.

In Zant's case, I find him weirdly relatable because (aside from all the evil creepy stuff, obviously) everything he does gives me major Autism Vibes, and well, it's not like us autistic people have many positive role models in fiction anyway. With Godrick it's mostly just having a sick-as-hell design and boss fight.
Hunter X Hunter spoilers ahead!!

Pokkle and Ponzu my beloveds. Show up to be side characters in the first arc, get mentioned like twice later on, show up again and make everyone think "oh boy! the fun side characters are gonna play a big role in this super cool arc!"

and then get killed n eaten..... yep. I am begging for Pokkle and Ponzu content
Hunter X Hunter spoilers ahead!!

Pokkle and Ponzu my beloveds. Show up to be side characters in the first arc, get mentioned like twice later on, show up again and make everyone think "oh boy! the fun side characters are gonna play a big role in this super cool arc!"

and then get killed n eaten..... yep. I am begging for Pokkle and Ponzu content
Not hated, but just entirely forgotten about, even by the main character himself... Aburame Shino from Naruto. He's my favorite character, next to Choji (who is also grossly underrated) but no one else cares about him ToT. I just relate to him so much because he's obviously autistic and I am also autistic and he's just perfect. Also they did him SO DIRTY in Boruto.
Not hated, but just entirely forgotten about, even by the main character himself... Aburame Shino from Naruto. He's my favorite character, next to Choji (who is also grossly underrated) but no one else cares about him ToT. I just relate to him so much because he's obviously autistic and I am also autistic and he's just perfect. Also they did him SO DIRTY in Boruto.
Fumu from Hoshi no Kaabii (AKA Tiff in the dub). 90% of the HnK fandom hates her just for the fact that her personality comes off as disagreeable and short-tempered. I adore her. She one of the only sane characters in the entirety of that anime besides Meta Knight and she’s a lot more kind and caring than most give her credit for, especially to Kirby.
Fumu from Hoshi no Kaabii (AKA Tiff in the dub). 90% of the HnK fandom hates her just for the fact that her personality comes off as disagreeable and short-tempered. I adore her. She one of the only sane characters in the entirety of that anime besides Meta Knight and she’s a lot more kind and caring than most give her credit for, especially to Kirby.
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
Not hated but certainly underappreciated by the narrative - O.R.C.A. from Splatoon 3. It is fascinating - the exact reasons why are spoiler territory - but the narrative doesn't really dig into its thought processes aside from the lore in the logs (which are REALLY cool)
Not hated but certainly underappreciated by the narrative - O.R.C.A. from Splatoon 3. It is fascinating - the exact reasons why are spoiler territory - but the narrative doesn't really dig into its thought processes aside from the lore in the logs (which are REALLY cool)
zdkBiZa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9