Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Brew Bag | or Currency System?
These might be a crapshoot, or probably have been suggested before [s]if it is and is recent I'll delete the thread[/s]. But the first idea popped into my head, which lead to the second idea. I think the brew bag is relatively self explanatory, basically just the second idea but only for BB, which I guess probably makes it inferior. I liked the name though lol. The ideas came to mind because I was doing some mass hoard selling, and I always want to put my Baldwin items into my vault so it looks clean... but then I have to pull them out to use them. So currency system would be more a weird [b]niche[/b], middle ground. ------- [list] [*]Baldwin's Brew Bag [list]A bag separate from the "Materials" tab, that contains non-vaulted items that are only created through Baldwin's Brew, for Baldwin's Brew, such as the slimes, alchemical reductions, whatever else is exclusively for that system, and not used for anything else. Items should still sort under "Materials" in AH, and probably the same for when vaulted.[/list] [*]Currency System[list]Where certain BB items, but also Holiday tokens, Event tokens, and other similar singular-system usage items (Prismatic Tokens...), can be put into a separate "tab" or page or whichever, and probably shown by category, "Brewing", "Event", "Holiday Tokens", or something, and can be used as ingredients/trade in for events, or for HD in case of BB items.[/list] The currency system [i]could[/i] work, systematically, like a third tab next to the Vault/Hoard, but for those items only. It is unlike the Hoard in where you cannot directly sell or trade them to other players, and not quite like the Vault where doing anything is blocked - in the "Currencies" tab or whatever, you can still use the items for brewing, buying event items, etc.
These might be a crapshoot, or probably have been suggested before if it is and is recent I'll delete the thread. But the first idea popped into my head, which lead to the second idea.

I think the brew bag is relatively self explanatory, basically just the second idea but only for BB, which I guess probably makes it inferior. I liked the name though lol.

The ideas came to mind because I was doing some mass hoard selling, and I always want to put my Baldwin items into my vault so it looks clean... but then I have to pull them out to use them. So currency system would be more a weird niche, middle ground.

• Baldwin's Brew Bag
      A bag separate from the "Materials" tab, that contains non-vaulted items that are only created through Baldwin's Brew, for Baldwin's Brew, such as the slimes, alchemical reductions, whatever else is exclusively for that system, and not used for anything else. Items should still sort under "Materials" in AH, and probably the same for when vaulted.
  • Currency System
      Where certain BB items, but also Holiday tokens, Event tokens, and other similar singular-system usage items (Prismatic Tokens...), can be put into a separate "tab" or page or whichever, and probably shown by category, "Brewing", "Event", "Holiday Tokens", or something, and can be used as ingredients/trade in for events, or for HD in case of BB items.
    The currency system could work, systematically, like a third tab next to the Vault/Hoard, but for those items only. It is unlike the Hoard in where you cannot directly sell or trade them to other players, and not quite like the Vault where doing anything is blocked - in the "Currencies" tab or whatever, you can still use the items for brewing, buying event items, etc.
I am interested in the idea, not so keen on yet another currency to keep track of. WW was very annoying with it's 3-new currencies. So what would the new currency really be for? (only think I could think I'd want is some kind of iron penny situation to use in the grand exchange for WW or other booths so there aren't yet more currencies that aren't marked as currencies, just one specific GE currency that you could render or exchange for, for bounties).

Though the Hoard/Vault already filter by Transmutation for Baldwin -created reagents. So I think the brew bag may be redundant unless it was linked up to something where we could easily stack items we want him to use for melting.
I am interested in the idea, not so keen on yet another currency to keep track of. WW was very annoying with it's 3-new currencies. So what would the new currency really be for? (only think I could think I'd want is some kind of iron penny situation to use in the grand exchange for WW or other booths so there aren't yet more currencies that aren't marked as currencies, just one specific GE currency that you could render or exchange for, for bounties).

Though the Hoard/Vault already filter by Transmutation for Baldwin -created reagents. So I think the brew bag may be redundant unless it was linked up to something where we could easily stack items we want him to use for melting.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Instead of a separate tab/location for items that can be used as currency for events, why not create a badge? Right now we have Hibden, Swipp, and Baldwin badges (not sure of the official name, but I'm referring to the yellow, purple, and green bands beneath items that can be used for one or all of those features). I would wholeheartedly support a band that indicates items that are tradable at some point throughout the year.

Right now my only way to sort out the currency items is to throw them in my vault as soon as their event ends (when applicable) so I don't forget what they are and promptly hoard sell/give them to Crim.

Overall I do support specifically some sort of identification or sorting system for currency items, I just think a visual band would be more useful to implement.
Instead of a separate tab/location for items that can be used as currency for events, why not create a badge? Right now we have Hibden, Swipp, and Baldwin badges (not sure of the official name, but I'm referring to the yellow, purple, and green bands beneath items that can be used for one or all of those features). I would wholeheartedly support a band that indicates items that are tradable at some point throughout the year.

Right now my only way to sort out the currency items is to throw them in my vault as soon as their event ends (when applicable) so I don't forget what they are and promptly hoard sell/give them to Crim.

Overall I do support specifically some sort of identification or sorting system for currency items, I just think a visual band would be more useful to implement.
FRPixel1.1.png

C L A N~A H T O H A L L A N
Divider-short1.png
I play this game largely independently
of the community as a whole.

Coding Credit | Clan Sales Thread | Pixel Credit
FRPixel2.1.png
a separate materials tab for baldwin items would be a dream come true uwu
a separate materials tab for baldwin items would be a dream come true uwu
:)
@Amut
What I had meant was, it wouldn't be another currency to keep track of, just a way to store where the current "currencies" are already, that you are mentioning (slimes, reductions, WW tokens, etc), or stuff like the Dustcarve items, which ATM I think are just a collector's item / have absolutely no use right now, or holiday tokens, like the Brightshine tablets or Prismatic Tokens, or something. It would just give you an option to move them from your hoard but still be able to use them in the relevant systems.

Or additional tokens for perhaps maybe even one-off, other events that they do, and add a thematic "token" item or something. It wouldn't include stuff that has more than one use (like the food items from NOTN or the material drops from it like the hourglasses).

I guess the name could be misleading since its a separate idea from Treasure/Gems too, but I don't know what to really call it, since the items are basically the idea of a currency, just for those specific systems.
@TheFifthSpirit
That would be a good idea as well and I would support it as well.

My main reason for this suggestion was because I don't like actually having the items sitting around in my Hoard, and if I vault them then I can't use them for brewing or whatever (which is the point of the vault I guess). Hence a separate tab for the BB stuff and items with a similar idea.
@Amut
What I had meant was, it wouldn't be another currency to keep track of, just a way to store where the current "currencies" are already, that you are mentioning (slimes, reductions, WW tokens, etc), or stuff like the Dustcarve items, which ATM I think are just a collector's item / have absolutely no use right now, or holiday tokens, like the Brightshine tablets or Prismatic Tokens, or something. It would just give you an option to move them from your hoard but still be able to use them in the relevant systems.

Or additional tokens for perhaps maybe even one-off, other events that they do, and add a thematic "token" item or something. It wouldn't include stuff that has more than one use (like the food items from NOTN or the material drops from it like the hourglasses).

I guess the name could be misleading since its a separate idea from Treasure/Gems too, but I don't know what to really call it, since the items are basically the idea of a currency, just for those specific systems.
@TheFifthSpirit
That would be a good idea as well and I would support it as well.

My main reason for this suggestion was because I don't like actually having the items sitting around in my Hoard, and if I vault them then I can't use them for brewing or whatever (which is the point of the vault I guess). Hence a separate tab for the BB stuff and items with a similar idea.
Honestly i just wish we could create custom hoard tabs and organize all our items as we pleased.
Honestly i just wish we could create custom hoard tabs and organize all our items as we pleased.
Quote:

Ok, I got you know. Yeah, honestly the different currencies do belong in their own section. If only to keep things more organized especially as the hoard/vault sorts by ID release/date and not thematically.

If we could stick nocturnal dust and mimic powder in there too, we'd have all the 'holidays' covered.

Yes to currency section for all of the fest currencies, seasonal use items (like WW and NoTN) or the weird one-offs that otherwise can't be hoardsold. like the WW currencies.
No to putting baldwin stuff in there, as technically that can already be filtered out in the Hoard/Vault mat sections.
Quote:

Ok, I got you know. Yeah, honestly the different currencies do belong in their own section. If only to keep things more organized especially as the hoard/vault sorts by ID release/date and not thematically.

If we could stick nocturnal dust and mimic powder in there too, we'd have all the 'holidays' covered.

Yes to currency section for all of the fest currencies, seasonal use items (like WW and NoTN) or the weird one-offs that otherwise can't be hoardsold. like the WW currencies.
No to putting baldwin stuff in there, as technically that can already be filtered out in the Hoard/Vault mat sections.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]