Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli Captcha hates the visually impaired
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I just got a captcha that I honestly stared at for five seconds and went "huh??" out loud until realizing I was looking at a baby guardian, not a deformed squirrel. I don't know anything about captchas, so I can't suggest a better way, but please FR, do something.
I just got a captcha that I honestly stared at for five seconds and went "huh??" out loud until realizing I was looking at a baby guardian, not a deformed squirrel. I don't know anything about captchas, so I can't suggest a better way, but please FR, do something.
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
I couldn't agree more that this needs changed. I'm frustrated that this has been an issue for years on the site and hasn't been fixed. I think everyone can relate, visually impaired or not; even with my contacts in I have trouble finding the dragon 90% of the time.
I couldn't agree more that this needs changed. I'm frustrated that this has been an issue for years on the site and hasn't been fixed. I think everyone can relate, visually impaired or not; even with my contacts in I have trouble finding the dragon 90% of the time.

fr+3
she/her
autistic
9ML3Nya.gif
Capcha turned worst and worst. Currently I clicked on dragons 4 times! And it does not count me right answer and thru me out of coli!
Capcha turned worst and worst. Currently I clicked on dragons 4 times! And it does not count me right answer and thru me out of coli!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
one million percent agree. came here to complain about the same thing. some of the captchas are VERY difficult and I have to either stare at them for way too long or click randomly until I finally get it right lol. I guess I understand the need for a captcha but I really really really would like if they were adjusted a little. It's horrible on my phone but even on my much larger computer screen it's still difficult to the point it makes coli not fun anymore. what about the ones that have a series of images and you have to select the right one? or one where you have to keep turning the object until it's right side up? I don't know but there has to be something better than the current one. I also personally think they show up way too often.
one million percent agree. came here to complain about the same thing. some of the captchas are VERY difficult and I have to either stare at them for way too long or click randomly until I finally get it right lol. I guess I understand the need for a captcha but I really really really would like if they were adjusted a little. It's horrible on my phone but even on my much larger computer screen it's still difficult to the point it makes coli not fun anymore. what about the ones that have a series of images and you have to select the right one? or one where you have to keep turning the object until it's right side up? I don't know but there has to be something better than the current one. I also personally think they show up way too often.
5hF3FGk.png
i1iQAE3.pngsoR20oU.pngthnU95R.pngoaolHwW.pngpixil-frame-0133.png
Total support, the dragons blend in too well with the background the majority of the time. Even just making it so the capatcha was contrasting and not so much blending would help. Or, if we had one dragon to look for overall, say a pink skydancer.
Total support, the dragons blend in too well with the background the majority of the time. Even just making it so the capatcha was contrasting and not so much blending would help. Or, if we had one dragon to look for overall, say a pink skydancer.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
This captcha, my friends [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/717118042873659503/1007302308322869268/unknown.png[/img] Hello and welcome to another round of "is there even a dragon in this??"
This captcha, my friends
unknown.png
Hello and welcome to another round of "is there even a dragon in this??"
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
Completely agree and support. I've been having this issue more often lately. I've been having some eye trouble. It can be so hard to find the dragon sometimes. I understand having a captcha but this a really bad captcha system.
Completely agree and support. I've been having this issue more often lately. I've been having some eye trouble. It can be so hard to find the dragon sometimes. I understand having a captcha but this a really bad captcha system.
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
I agree, the image is awful with really low contrasting colours. There are plenty of captcha options, there are captcha options that don't even require an image at all and it all happens automatically. The most popular one I know is reCAPTCHA by Google: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/ [quote]reCAPTCHA v3 allows you to verify if an interaction is legitimate [b]without any user interaction[/b]. It is a pure JavaScript API returning a score, giving you the ability to take action in the context of your site: for instance requiring additional factors of authentication, sending a post to moderation, or throttling bots that may be scraping content.[/quote] So the image could be easily removed, and jsut the button is left with getting the boost. (Which in my opinion could be removed altogether, I don't find it useful as it is just for one round, but that's another matter.) I see no reason why Flight Rising would choose not to use reCAPTCHA, it is already using Googles Analytics, Google AdSense, Google Tag Manger and Google Publisher Tag.
I agree, the image is awful with really low contrasting colours. There are plenty of captcha options, there are captcha options that don't even require an image at all and it all happens automatically.

The most popular one I know is reCAPTCHA by Google: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/
Quote:
reCAPTCHA v3 allows you to verify if an interaction is legitimate without any user interaction. It is a pure JavaScript API returning a score, giving you the ability to take action in the context of your site: for instance requiring additional factors of authentication, sending a post to moderation, or throttling bots that may be scraping content.

So the image could be easily removed, and jsut the button is left with getting the boost. (Which in my opinion could be removed altogether, I don't find it useful as it is just for one round, but that's another matter.)

I see no reason why Flight Rising would choose not to use reCAPTCHA, it is already using Googles Analytics, Google AdSense, Google Tag Manger and Google Publisher Tag.
[quote name="Blodyn" date="2022-08-12 13:07:03" ] I see no reason why Flight Rising would choose not to use reCAPTCHA, it is already using Googles Analytics, Google AdSense, Google Tag Manger and Google Publisher Tag. [/quote] The problem with Google's reCAPTCHA is that probably will not prevent the botting process running from [i]an actual human's browser[/i] considering it automatically verifies you are a human based on how you move your mouse or use keyboard and botting coliseum could be easily done with a browser extension.
Blodyn wrote on 2022-08-12 13:07:03:
I see no reason why Flight Rising would choose not to use reCAPTCHA, it is already using Googles Analytics, Google AdSense, Google Tag Manger and Google Publisher Tag.
The problem with Google's reCAPTCHA is that probably will not prevent the botting process running from an actual human's browser considering it automatically verifies you are a human based on how you move your mouse or use keyboard and botting coliseum could be easily done with a browser extension.
Fully agree and support. I am incredibly near sighted in one eye and have to wear glasses while I play on PC and still struggle with them. The captchas are awful and I often mess up on them, I really hope we at least get some sort of change one day.
Fully agree and support. I am incredibly near sighted in one eye and have to wear glasses while I play on PC and still struggle with them. The captchas are awful and I often mess up on them, I really hope we at least get some sort of change one day.
LMLA6wg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8