Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [OPEN] Newbie Mentors
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
@aludesh
tysm and I hope the tech issues are handled quickly; that's so stressful!!!

^^
@aludesh
tysm and I hope the tech issues are handled quickly; that's so stressful!!!

^^
[center]@/TWiSTEDWiND @Bebaline @aludesh Please do not change the pings. Thank you. [b][i]Mentor Application[/i][/b][/center] [b]Username[/b]: cartographic [b]ID[/b]: 434197 [b]Timezone[/b]: (FR+) 2 [b]Time you’re usually active[/b]: Usually somewhere between 07:00 and 20:00. I am offline Tuesdays during the day, and possibly during the evening, too. [b]Language(s) you speak[/b]: English, some German [b]Favorite breed/gene[/b]: Wildclaws/Skydancers, Pinstripe/Noxtide/Thylacine [b]Your favorite dragon[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73422][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/735/73422.png[/img][/url] [b]Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice?[/b] I'm more than happy to answer any questions! I've got a pretty good handle on most things to do with FR, with exception of the advanced knowledge of dominance, the economy, art/UMAs, and especially breeding for the correct colors. [b]What number of apprentices can you handle?[/b] 2-3 [b]Helpful links for new/returning players?[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1]How to Train Your Dragon[/url] is probably the most famous coli guide out there. Usually known simply as the Culex Guide, you'll hear a [i]lot[/i] of people recommend it. I think it's a bit outdated now, but it's still a solid base to start with, imo. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1777871/1]Dragon Bio Resources[/url] is an amazing list of a [i]bunch[/i] of resources that can be very useful for making bios. While it probably doesn't have everything, it's still a wonderful starting point. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY&t=50s]Glimmer and Gloom Hard Mode[/url] is a Youtube guide for the Hard Mode of Glimmer and Gloom (also called G&G). It's what I used to learn, and imo is a lot easier to follow and understand than most text/picture guides. [b]Quick introduction to yourself[/b]: Hey, I'm cartographic! I've been playing for about three and a half years. I came here from Wajas (which I am no longer very active on), and have been here ever since, barring a few hiatuses. I have a collection problem, oops. I am constantly running out of lair space. I am a writer and lover of birds and Undertale. I have way too many Undertale fandragons – seriously, it's getting to be a bit of a problem. I also dabble in drawing occasionally, although I still prefer writing. Feel free to ask me about any of my interests!
@/TWiSTEDWiND @Bebaline @aludesh
Please do not change the pings. Thank you.
Mentor Application

Username: cartographic
ID: 434197
Timezone: (FR+) 2
Time you’re usually active: Usually somewhere between 07:00 and 20:00. I am offline Tuesdays during the day, and possibly during the evening, too.
Language(s) you speak: English, some German
Favorite breed/gene: Wildclaws/Skydancers, Pinstripe/Noxtide/Thylacine
Your favorite dragon: 73422.png
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I'm more than happy to answer any questions! I've got a pretty good handle on most things to do with FR, with exception of the advanced knowledge of dominance, the economy, art/UMAs, and especially breeding for the correct colors.
What number of apprentices can you handle? 2-3
Helpful links for new/returning players?:
How to Train Your Dragon is probably the most famous coli guide out there. Usually known simply as the Culex Guide, you'll hear a lot of people recommend it. I think it's a bit outdated now, but it's still a solid base to start with, imo.
Dragon Bio Resources is an amazing list of a bunch of resources that can be very useful for making bios. While it probably doesn't have everything, it's still a wonderful starting point.
Glimmer and Gloom Hard Mode is a Youtube guide for the Hard Mode of Glimmer and Gloom (also called G&G). It's what I used to learn, and imo is a lot easier to follow and understand than most text/picture guides.
Quick introduction to yourself: Hey, I'm cartographic! I've been playing for about three and a half years. I came here from Wajas (which I am no longer very active on), and have been here ever since, barring a few hiatuses. I have a collection problem, oops. I am constantly running out of lair space.

I am a writer and lover of birds and Undertale. I have way too many Undertale fandragons – seriously, it's getting to be a bit of a problem. I also dabble in drawing occasionally, although I still prefer writing. Feel free to ask me about any of my interests!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@cartographic added to the spreadsheet! welcome
@cartographic added to the spreadsheet! welcome
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Mentor Application

Username: ZenithDreams
ID: 482734
Timezone: (FR+2)
Time you’re usually active: any time after 3PM CST, sporadically
Language(s) you speak: English, some Spanish
Favorite breed/gene: Coatls and opal
Your favorite dragon: Ajoyo, my beautiful baby boy
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I can help with advanced things as well as simple things, and I know most about making money, breeding, the coliseum, apparel, and BBCode/bios. I'm not super into the UMA and G1 communities, but I am willing to help however I can! Oh, and when you buy to get another apparel slot, it gains the apparel slot for all dragons in your lair.
What number of apprentices can you handle? 2
Helpful links for new/returning players?: None I can think of that haven't already been posted!
Quick introduction to yourself: Hi! I'm Omi, I use they/them and ey/em pronouns. I've been playing FR for almost three years now and was introduced to the game by a long-time FR veteran. I participate a lot in dominance pushes, so if any young arcanites want to learn about dom or our community let me know! I will also take apprentices from other flights. I've also finished several breeding projects, am participating in a few coli scavenger hunts, and love writing lore.
Mentor Application

Username: ZenithDreams
ID: 482734
Timezone: (FR+2)
Time you’re usually active: any time after 3PM CST, sporadically
Language(s) you speak: English, some Spanish
Favorite breed/gene: Coatls and opal
Your favorite dragon: Ajoyo, my beautiful baby boy
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I can help with advanced things as well as simple things, and I know most about making money, breeding, the coliseum, apparel, and BBCode/bios. I'm not super into the UMA and G1 communities, but I am willing to help however I can! Oh, and when you buy to get another apparel slot, it gains the apparel slot for all dragons in your lair.
What number of apprentices can you handle? 2
Helpful links for new/returning players?: None I can think of that haven't already been posted!
Quick introduction to yourself: Hi! I'm Omi, I use they/them and ey/em pronouns. I've been playing FR for almost three years now and was introduced to the game by a long-time FR veteran. I participate a lot in dominance pushes, so if any young arcanites want to learn about dom or our community let me know! I will also take apprentices from other flights. I've also finished several breeding projects, am participating in a few coli scavenger hunts, and love writing lore.
MUYNhfy.png
feXtM27.png
J7D1quC.png
P6XJEHx.png
xH03512.png WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
TW8ViqF.png
@ZenithDreams added to the spreadsheet, welcome!

@BunnySox if you'd like, you can accept/add new people, i wont be able to be as active for a bit and you seem really dedicated to this thread so i trust you!
@ZenithDreams added to the spreadsheet, welcome!

@BunnySox if you'd like, you can accept/add new people, i wont be able to be as active for a bit and you seem really dedicated to this thread so i trust you!
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Mentor Application

Username: HappyAccidents
ID: 518309
Timezone: (FR+) 3
Time you’re usually active: Sporadically on weekends, after 4 PM EST on weekdays
Language(s) you speak: English
Favorite breed/gene: Favorite breed is skydancer and favorite gene is probably Flaunt/Flair
Your favorite dragon:
Dekishi my beloved I love this dragon I would do anything for them.
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I'm decent with pricing dragons and g1s but I really shine in terms of making money, writing lore, breeding, and finding resources!
Helpful links for new/returning players?: All my go-tos seem to have been posted here. ^^
Quick introduction to yourself:
My name is Max and I'm a writer and artist before all else. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years and have a bunch of lore and breeding projects under way so if you need a place to start with that you can ask. ^^ I love animation of all varieties and can be found hiking if I'm not drawing or watching anime.
Mentor Application

Username: HappyAccidents
ID: 518309
Timezone: (FR+) 3
Time you’re usually active: Sporadically on weekends, after 4 PM EST on weekdays
Favorite breed/gene: Favorite breed is skydancer and favorite gene is probably Flaunt/Flair
Your favorite dragon:
Dekishi my beloved I love this dragon I would do anything for them.
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I'm decent with pricing dragons and g1s but I really shine in terms of making money, writing lore, breeding, and finding resources!
Helpful links for new/returning players?: All my go-tos seem to have been posted here. ^^
Quick introduction to yourself:
My name is Max and I'm a writer and artist before all else. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years and have a bunch of lore and breeding projects under way so if you need a place to start with that you can ask. ^^ I love animation of all varieties and can be found hiking if I'm not drawing or watching anime.

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
[center]@/TWiSTEDWiND @Bebaline @aludesh Please do not change the pings. Thank you. [b][i]Mentor Application[/i][/b][/center] [b]Username[/b]: raccqn [b]ID[/b]: 502997 [b]Timezone[/b]: (FR+) 0 [b]Time you’re usually active[/b]: Checking hourly between 8:00FR and 24:00FR [b]Language(s) you speak[/b]: English [b]Favorite breed/gene[/b]: I love stained and imperials! [b]Your favorite dragon[/b]: Birdie, my first G1 <3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66178649][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/661787/66178649.png[/img][/url] [b]Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice?[/b] I'm most easily reached via Discord! I'm almost always active on there when I'm awake. My specialties are creating lore, hunting down / breeding specific dragons, and BBCode; I've recently been getting into dom and coli, and I have a smidge of experience with G1s. [b]What number of apprentices can you handle?[/b] 3 [b]Helpful links for new/returning players?[/b]: All the ones I can think of have been posted! [b]Quick introduction to yourself[/b]: Hello hello, I'm Wren! I've been playing for about two years on and off, and I'd love to help introduce new players to the site! Outside of FR, I'm usually playing Final Fantasy XIV or listening to music.
Mentor Application

Username: raccqn
ID: 502997
Timezone: (FR+) 0
Time you’re usually active: Checking hourly between 8:00FR and 24:00FR
Favorite breed/gene: I love stained and imperials!
Your favorite dragon: Birdie, my first G1 <3
66178649.png
Is there anything you'd like to share with your apprentice? I'm most easily reached via Discord! I'm almost always active on there when I'm awake. My specialties are creating lore, hunting down / breeding specific dragons, and BBCode; I've recently been getting into dom and coli, and I have a smidge of experience with G1s.
What number of apprentices can you handle? 3
Helpful links for new/returning players?: All the ones I can think of have been posted!
Quick introduction to yourself: Hello hello, I'm Wren! I've been playing for about two years on and off, and I'd love to help introduce new players to the site! Outside of FR, I'm usually playing Final Fantasy XIV or listening to music.
raccoon_raccqn.png

21 | she/he/they | +0FR
my profile dragon
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-06-20 19:10:11" ] @/BunnySox if you'd like, you can accept/add new people, i wont be able to be as active for a bit and you seem really dedicated to this thread so i trust you! [/quote] @aludesh @HappyAccidents @raccqn Hi and welcome to the Newbie Mentoring Program!! I'm kinda the default contact person atm, so lmk if you have any questions or concerns I really appreciate your wanting to help the newer players; it's very satisfying to share our knowledge and help others learn to love the game as much as we do!! I'll add you to the spreadsheet, and you can update your Status there as necessary. It's the dropdown menu to the left of your name. The link to the spreadsheet is on the front page. TYSM and Happy Mentoring!! ^^ BunnySox [emoji=tundra laughing size=2]
aludesh wrote on 2022-06-20 19:10:11:

@/BunnySox if you'd like, you can accept/add new people, i wont be able to be as active for a bit and you seem really dedicated to this thread so i trust you!
@aludesh
@HappyAccidents
@raccqn

Hi and welcome to the Newbie Mentoring Program!!

I'm kinda the default contact person atm, so lmk if you have any questions or concerns

I really appreciate your wanting to help the newer players; it's very satisfying to share our knowledge and help others learn to love the game as much as we do!!

I'll add you to the spreadsheet, and you can update your Status there as necessary.

It's the dropdown menu to the left of your name.

The link to the spreadsheet is on the front page.

TYSM and Happy Mentoring!!

^^

BunnySox
^ just a bump! :) @BunnySox thanks for managing this while im quitting <3
^ just a bump! :) @BunnySox thanks for managing this while im quitting <3
720d787a082fabd805c2c4a095559d70101c4f02.gif
c8a381f20de8a53e445b48438e2cd943c17ef7a1.gif
ab06705d4be613d29b0dd368d4653fd08dbecd86.gif
722b5d7198051574667fd755170672d7c0a53c3c.gif
c575e5f1a299a1a03c8165376e03272fae4d3416.gif

>
Candlelit Path Exalt Rescue
>Star Quest
>Trading Post here!
>Wishlist!
Fenix.gif
@TWISTEDWIND

Hi, good to see you, best wishes on your new adventures!!

It's quiet here lately, but I'll keep an eye on things

^^

@TWISTEDWIND

Hi, good to see you, best wishes on your new adventures!!

It's quiet here lately, but I'll keep an eye on things

^^

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20