Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Boulder on Pearlcatchers
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=38&auth=c8fe06187fcab169794fcdbcd12e5e226618fa91&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Is this intentional? Pearl be gooone. EDIT Comparing more colors, male just looks weird in comparison. Eldritch [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/778019604387201084/977669281045159966/unknown.png[/img]vs.[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/778019604387201084/977669281288421386/unknown.png[/img]
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=1&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=38&auth=c8fe06187fcab169794fcdbcd12e5e226618fa91&dummyext=prev.png

Is this intentional? Pearl be gooone.

EDIT

Comparing more colors, male just looks weird in comparison.
Eldritch
unknown.pngvs.unknown.png
@anjoulas boulder colors the pearl so it’s understandable it would be dark with obsidian (though if you look closely you can still see the swirl pattern)
@anjoulas boulder colors the pearl so it’s understandable it would be dark with obsidian (though if you look closely you can still see the swirl pattern)
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon
Just seems so weird because it's the first ever gene to do anything to the pearl and then too be that dark.

Edit: gotta correct myself before anyone else does - apparently glimmer does something to it. Which makes it even weirder that there seems then no clear correlation between prim/sec/tert and pearl. @_@
@Shinyumbreon
Just seems so weird because it's the first ever gene to do anything to the pearl and then too be that dark.

Edit: gotta correct myself before anyone else does - apparently glimmer does something to it. Which makes it even weirder that there seems then no clear correlation between prim/sec/tert and pearl. @_@
@anjoulas actually there are a couple other genes that affect the pearl, just not as drastically! Crystal changes the round shine on pearls to a more angular one, and glimmer changes the color and adds sparkles. Comparing it to the female and hatchling version shows that it does seem to be missing a shine layer for males specifically. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=0&winggene=88&wings=149&auth=f5a30e9b3675b827fe556e4347950a8ecc24ea47&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=0&winggene=88&wings=149&auth=af7cfd7ff34ad5aa2ae886174b9f5b741a57e738&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@anjoulas actually there are a couple other genes that affect the pearl, just not as drastically! Crystal changes the round shine on pearls to a more angular one, and glimmer changes the color and adds sparkles.
Comparing it to the female and hatchling version shows that it does seem to be missing a shine layer for males specifically.
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=0&winggene=88&wings=149&auth=f5a30e9b3675b827fe556e4347950a8ecc24ea47&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=110&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=145&tertgene=0&winggene=88&wings=149&auth=af7cfd7ff34ad5aa2ae886174b9f5b741a57e738&dummyext=prev.png

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon
Lel. I just sent the edit. I got informed about the glimmer, I didn't know. I was just staring at primary genes. So it got me even more confused. But ye, the pearl just looks super dark on males.
@Shinyumbreon
Lel. I just sent the edit. I got informed about the glimmer, I didn't know. I was just staring at primary genes. So it got me even more confused. But ye, the pearl just looks super dark on males.
Glimmer can overlay on top of Boulder changing the pearl on Pearlies and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not
Glimmer can overlay on top of Boulder changing the pearl on Pearlies and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not
It's a pretty extreme effect, compared to the others. I'd also like to know if it's intentional, or if it's supposed to be more subtle.
It's a pretty extreme effect, compared to the others. I'd also like to know if it's intentional, or if it's supposed to be more subtle.
jt3PpxV.png Lorem.....

GuAY.png
@FaeWinn that's normal. tertiaries go above primary and secondary genes.
@FaeWinn that's normal. tertiaries go above primary and secondary genes.

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I'd prefer it if it was more subtle. Right now it kind of causes the pearl to disappear into the dragon, especially with darker colors.
I'd prefer it if it was more subtle. Right now it kind of causes the pearl to disappear into the dragon, especially with darker colors.
dlJsEIj.png
It definitely looks a bit unusually drastic, albeit somewhat cool, and the patterns on the pearl make it seem like it was intended, but just to be safe I definitely wouldn't get used to it until it's confirmed/denied to be an error. *looks at the Obelisk Flair debacle* >.>
It definitely looks a bit unusually drastic, albeit somewhat cool, and the patterns on the pearl make it seem like it was intended, but just to be safe I definitely wouldn't get used to it until it's confirmed/denied to be an error. *looks at the Obelisk Flair debacle* >.>
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png