Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Share a recent sentence from your wip
1 2 3
"It was my kill! Therefore I should get the good bits!"
"It was my kill! Therefore I should get the good bits!"
Now that he was out of the fish tank, he could only gape and probably die in the endless ocean of sharks and whales.
Now that he was out of the fish tank, he could only gape and probably die in the endless ocean of sharks and whales.
KtOpUUe.gif
[She] shoved [the] abandoned platter of eggs in [his] face. It brought her no end of joy, little as she may have shown it. The tray clattered to the floor and the entire room seemed to be quiet as the glass plate on it shattered at [his] feet. Then there was the sound of someone in the crowded but otherwise silent room snapping a picture.

(Okay, part of that is my friend’s writing, but I had to include it all.)
[She] shoved [the] abandoned platter of eggs in [his] face. It brought her no end of joy, little as she may have shown it. The tray clattered to the floor and the entire room seemed to be quiet as the glass plate on it shattered at [his] feet. Then there was the sound of someone in the crowded but otherwise silent room snapping a picture.

(Okay, part of that is my friend’s writing, but I had to include it all.)
vista_coatl2.pngvista_pc2.pngz3ouQq5.gifceBwIw9.gif0AniMUO.gifi4qfGjh.gifvista_pc1.pngvista_coatl1.png
I just started another fanfic (oops) and this is a scene that gets 2 sentences of lead-up and nothing more before being completely glossed over:

'"I tried once before, but my brother tried to murder me, which, as you can imagine, placed my plans on hold."

England practically choked on his food from surprise. "Your brother tried to murder you?!"

"We don't exactly get along." It was clearly a drastic understatement, something that England would be expected to say, not a southerner. He spoke calmly about his brother and the multiple attempts on his life. But the way he spoke was convincing. If he had asked England to help him enact revenge, he might just have said 'yes'.'

(Yes, this is a Hetalia fanfic, fight me.)
I just started another fanfic (oops) and this is a scene that gets 2 sentences of lead-up and nothing more before being completely glossed over:

'"I tried once before, but my brother tried to murder me, which, as you can imagine, placed my plans on hold."

England practically choked on his food from surprise. "Your brother tried to murder you?!"

"We don't exactly get along." It was clearly a drastic understatement, something that England would be expected to say, not a southerner. He spoke calmly about his brother and the multiple attempts on his life. But the way he spoke was convincing. If he had asked England to help him enact revenge, he might just have said 'yes'.'

(Yes, this is a Hetalia fanfic, fight me.)
DVynlKm.png Pronouns: She/Her/Hers DVynlKm.png
History nerd and lover of dragons! Stay positive, folks!
Feel free to use the dragons in my hibernal den for forums games.
“You don’t know what a dog is?”
“You don’t know what a dog is?”
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
I swore I could see the very top of Andresia's castle above the trees. I was tired and it probably wasn't there, but it was nice to think it might be so close. I stared up at the moon. It was weird to know she may be staring at it too. What a small world.
I swore I could see the very top of Andresia's castle above the trees. I was tired and it probably wasn't there, but it was nice to think it might be so close. I stared up at the moon. It was weird to know she may be staring at it too. What a small world.
No, remember? I'm the one who's supposed to kidnap you?
*small child runs away screaming*
That’s offensive to the pickle, I thought.
That’s offensive to the pickle, I thought.
vista_coatl2.pngvista_pc2.pngz3ouQq5.gifceBwIw9.gif0AniMUO.gifi4qfGjh.gifvista_pc1.pngvista_coatl1.png
I have alchemy with liquid rocks now. O.o

'Tech sourced from liquifying gems and certain stones and reforming the liquid into various things based on very precise heating/cooling and adding other stones. To activate or deactivate you touch the item to a master stone, positive or negative respectively. The positive master stones are batteries and add charge to compatible stones, the negatives take the charge away and must be emptied with a positive to recharge it. Both types capacity depends on both quality and size, both will explode if overcharged. '
I have alchemy with liquid rocks now. O.o

'Tech sourced from liquifying gems and certain stones and reforming the liquid into various things based on very precise heating/cooling and adding other stones. To activate or deactivate you touch the item to a master stone, positive or negative respectively. The positive master stones are batteries and add charge to compatible stones, the negatives take the charge away and must be emptied with a positive to recharge it. Both types capacity depends on both quality and size, both will explode if overcharged. '
OgpXyZ6.pngoKiLqrA.pngZJtpqmz.pngBNctp7b.png0mWuw3w.png
“Yes.” That one word and the look in his eyes showed me something.
As long as he missed her it would be his only thought. I could relate. He wouldn’t be mad at anyone but himself.
It was time I stopped living in the world of self pity and went into the real one. Back to the old Phillip. Sure, Helping people had gotten me here, but I had given up halfway through. Maybe if I hadn’t given up then this would have ended up better.
“Yes.” That one word and the look in his eyes showed me something.
As long as he missed her it would be his only thought. I could relate. He wouldn’t be mad at anyone but himself.
It was time I stopped living in the world of self pity and went into the real one. Back to the old Phillip. Sure, Helping people had gotten me here, but I had given up halfway through. Maybe if I hadn’t given up then this would have ended up better.
No, remember? I'm the one who's supposed to kidnap you?
*small child runs away screaming*
“Hey… “ X mutters, “If you can’t trust them… you can at least trust me, right?”

“Can I?” Y looks at him, searching, “Do you trust me?”

X grimaces guiltily, shuffles, and looks down at the puddles collecting in potholes. “Yeah,” He mutters. He kicks a pebble and it skitters beneath a dumpster, “Yeah, actually. I think I do.”

---

wrote this at 5 am - definitely do not want to go back into writing and yet here i am, yet here i---*sobs*
“Hey… “ X mutters, “If you can’t trust them… you can at least trust me, right?”

“Can I?” Y looks at him, searching, “Do you trust me?”

X grimaces guiltily, shuffles, and looks down at the puddles collecting in potholes. “Yeah,” He mutters. He kicks a pebble and it skitters beneath a dumpster, “Yeah, actually. I think I do.”

---

wrote this at 5 am - definitely do not want to go back into writing and yet here i am, yet here i---*sobs*
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
1 2 3