Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN] Suspended Disbelief 2 - Discussion
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 104 105
also, as far as the spreadsheet goes, i never really have issue with them in theory but it always feels like such a removed and performative way to take notes. and, unlike forums, things written in them change— so it can be difficult to keep a living record of what someone might have said in them.
also, as far as the spreadsheet goes, i never really have issue with them in theory but it always feels like such a removed and performative way to take notes. and, unlike forums, things written in them change— so it can be difficult to keep a living record of what someone might have said in them.
jvTgQEX.png
[quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-11 11:27:07" ] Oh thanks for the clarification! Thanks for a couple of people having voted for me already and some more having scum reads of me, I'm not too scared of the night kill. [/quote] I'm trying to decide if this bothers me. Town wants the town as a whole to survive, and we don't have roles to protect beyond an individual night's use of an ability. Maf is killing a townie tonight unless an ability stops that, and using the info from who was killed as forensics is another clue. If you are town I don't want to to get NK'ed but also. Well, you're highly suspect and there are players i would worry more about losing at this point (which sounds heartless and I do apologize for that)
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-11 11:27:07:
Oh thanks for the clarification! Thanks for a couple of people having voted for me already and some more having scum reads of me, I'm not too scared of the night kill.

I'm trying to decide if this bothers me. Town wants the town as a whole to survive, and we don't have roles to protect beyond an individual night's use of an ability. Maf is killing a townie tonight unless an ability stops that, and using the info from who was killed as forensics is another clue. If you are town I don't want to to get NK'ed but also. Well, you're highly suspect and there are players i would worry more about losing at this point (which sounds heartless and I do apologize for that)
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
Oops @Argathakul
Oops @Argathakul
I know I'm a bit put off by Argathakul not responding, but I'll chalk that up to timesone/life stuff for now.
I know I'm a bit put off by Argathakul not responding, but I'll chalk that up to timesone/life stuff for now.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="Vrykolakas" date="2022-04-11 14:09:03" ] /ThisOneIsBlue I mean, my thoughts were a bit all over the place in that post, but yes, what I meant was that there's likely at least one or two mafia members in the less active posters. Someone here said that there's probably about three to four mafia members? My general theory is that half are active posters, and half less so. Nothing revolutionary, I'm aware. I was actually going though some older mafia games, and there's one that I won, despite literally being confirmed as mafia, because I just refused to talk and as such went under the radar for the final lynch. Linking bc I found it hilarious. It's a tactic I've used, a tactic I've seen used, and as such am wary of it. Personal bias, I know, but still. [/quote] @Vrykolakas Your prior post felt like two warring ideas rather than two parts of the same idea, but this makes more sense. With how Ghost flipped, do you still feel the same way? An active mafia member/s and more hiding in the quiet? If so, any voices in particular?
Vrykolakas wrote on 2022-04-11 14:09:03:
/ThisOneIsBlue

I mean, my thoughts were a bit all over the place in that post, but yes, what I meant was that there's likely at least one or two mafia members in the less active posters. Someone here said that there's probably about three to four mafia members? My general theory is that half are active posters, and half less so. Nothing revolutionary, I'm aware.

I was actually going though some older mafia games, and there's one that I won, despite literally being confirmed as mafia, because I just refused to talk and as such went under the radar for the final lynch. Linking bc I found it hilarious.

It's a tactic I've used, a tactic I've seen used, and as such am wary of it. Personal bias, I know, but still.
@Vrykolakas
Your prior post felt like two warring ideas rather than two parts of the same idea, but this makes more sense.
With how Ghost flipped, do you still feel the same way? An active mafia member/s and more hiding in the quiet? If so, any voices in particular?
[quote name="ThisOneIsBlue" date="2022-04-11 15:56:20" ] [quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-11 11:27:07" ] Oh thanks for the clarification! Thanks for a couple of people having voted for me already and some more having scum reads of me, I'm not too scared of the night kill. [/quote] I'm trying to decide if this bothers me. Town wants the town as a whole to survive, and we don't have roles to protect beyond an individual night's use of an ability. Maf is killing a townie tonight unless an ability stops that, and using the info from who was killed as forensics is another clue. If you are town I don't want to to get NK'ed but also. Well, you're highly suspect and there are players i would worry more about losing at this point (which sounds heartless and I do apologize for that) [/quote] Hahaha it's fine no need to worry. I'm aware I'm on the fringes of the town, and me getting night killed would definitely be an above average N1 outcome. No need to apologize BTW, I know you're talking to me not as Argathakul the person, but as Argathakul the mafia player. @Starstream If the question you've been telling me to answer was about using statistics to make my judgements, I have been. When I posted that, I had a lot less about people than I do now, so I used probability to justify my aversion to a quick bandwagon. Now I no longer need statistics though, since Ghost's elimination has already set the game in motion.
ThisOneIsBlue wrote on 2022-04-11 15:56:20:
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-11 11:27:07:
Oh thanks for the clarification! Thanks for a couple of people having voted for me already and some more having scum reads of me, I'm not too scared of the night kill.

I'm trying to decide if this bothers me. Town wants the town as a whole to survive, and we don't have roles to protect beyond an individual night's use of an ability. Maf is killing a townie tonight unless an ability stops that, and using the info from who was killed as forensics is another clue. If you are town I don't want to to get NK'ed but also. Well, you're highly suspect and there are players i would worry more about losing at this point (which sounds heartless and I do apologize for that)

Hahaha it's fine no need to worry. I'm aware I'm on the fringes of the town, and me getting night killed would definitely be an above average N1 outcome. No need to apologize BTW, I know you're talking to me not as Argathakul the person, but as Argathakul the mafia player.

@Starstream If the question you've been telling me to answer was about using statistics to make my judgements, I have been. When I posted that, I had a lot less about people than I do now, so I used probability to justify my aversion to a quick bandwagon. Now I no longer need statistics though, since Ghost's elimination has already set the game in motion.
toaster
IMO you should never have been using statistics just because everyone has the same probability of being maf. Statistics really don't have much hold in a Mafia game.
IMO you should never have been using statistics just because everyone has the same probability of being maf. Statistics really don't have much hold in a Mafia game.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="Firo" date="2022-04-11 15:01:42" ] I think I dislike Beheaded more, though, if only because he went into the thread all strong and "hey look I've got reads and a spreadsheet"-like and then never voted or... did anything. Shimmer's last minute Cover Your A-- vote still doesn't sit that well with me, and I'll reiterate that I'm 99% sure scum wagoned onto Ghostbur. if we don't eventually find at least one red flip in that list, I'll ceremonially eat a spent teabag. [/quote] You aren't the only one thinking that. @Beheaded Please actually update your spreadsheet since I really want to see your take on everyone. I honestly can't really tell if Beheaded is scum trying to avoid doing anything or is just town and just hasn't done anything and nothing that is really worth substances. Almost all of his posts are literal fluff posts. @Argathakul You completely ignored my question again. My other question was not related to statistics which you shouldn't have been using in the first place. To simplify the post I was referring to (and have linked multiple times): [quote="Starstream"] [quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-10 06:50:10" ] Analyzing the dead's posts doesn't seem as useful as it looks to me. If we're lucky and lynch scum, awesome! However, the town doesn't know who's who, and they might have been going after other townies instead. Therefore, I'm not TOO lynch-happy D1. Personally, Firo seems quite town to me thanks to her high activity, as well as Varikset and more controversially, Beheaded. Most of the suspicions brought up against him were after he said something along the lines of "silent town being of little help in the late game" and personally I agree. In order for town to win, there must be coordination, which is usually brought by active players. When it comes to who I think could be scum, I agree with the general consensus about Shimmerwing, but I'm also recieving some scum vibes from Ghostbur. They post semi-often, but almost all of them are small, which I've seen scum and NK do in many games past. They also take a longer time to respond to questions directed their way then some other people have. Not enough for me to want them lynched, mind you. I'll leave that to those who are more experienced mafia players. [/quote] This post is making me feel different about you. [b]So you are basing reads on activity? Activity does not always equal town and majority of the time it doesn't usually equal this from prior games I have played.[/b] I also really do not like this line: "I'll leave that to those who are more experienced mafia players." This line either makes me think you are scum just trying to go along with the game and not stand out or you are sheep town, though I'm leaning more towards scum since you have played mafia before and should know that you can not rely on anyone because you don't know who is which faction. [/quote]
Firo wrote on 2022-04-11 15:01:42:
I think I dislike Beheaded more, though, if only because he went into the thread all strong and "hey look I've got reads and a spreadsheet"-like and then never voted or... did anything.

Shimmer's last minute Cover Your A-- vote still doesn't sit that well with me, and I'll reiterate that I'm 99% sure scum wagoned onto Ghostbur. if we don't eventually find at least one red flip in that list, I'll ceremonially eat a spent teabag.

You aren't the only one thinking that. @Beheaded Please actually update your spreadsheet since I really want to see your take on everyone.

I honestly can't really tell if Beheaded is scum trying to avoid doing anything or is just town and just hasn't done anything and nothing that is really worth substances. Almost all of his posts are literal fluff posts.

@Argathakul You completely ignored my question again. My other question was not related to statistics which you shouldn't have been using in the first place.

To simplify the post I was referring to (and have linked multiple times):
Starstream wrote:
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-10 06:50:10:
Analyzing the dead's posts doesn't seem as useful as it looks to me. If we're lucky and lynch scum, awesome! However, the town doesn't know who's who, and they might have been going after other townies instead. Therefore, I'm not TOO lynch-happy D1.

Personally, Firo seems quite town to me thanks to her high activity, as well as Varikset and more controversially, Beheaded. Most of the suspicions brought up against him were after he said something along the lines of "silent town being of little help in the late game" and personally I agree. In order for town to win, there must be coordination, which is usually brought by active players.

When it comes to who I think could be scum, I agree with the general consensus about Shimmerwing, but I'm also recieving some scum vibes from Ghostbur. They post semi-often, but almost all of them are small, which I've seen scum and NK do in many games past. They also take a longer time to respond to questions directed their way then some other people have.

Not enough for me to want them lynched, mind you. I'll leave that to those who are more experienced mafia players.

This post is making me feel different about you. So you are basing reads on activity? Activity does not always equal town and majority of the time it doesn't usually equal this from prior games I have played.

I also really do not like this line: "I'll leave that to those who are more experienced mafia players." This line either makes me think you are scum just trying to go along with the game and not stand out or you are sheep town, though I'm leaning more towards scum since you have played mafia before and should know that you can not rely on anyone because you don't know who is which faction.

RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
I don't even want to see spreadsheet additions. I just think the spreadsheet itself is fluff.
I don't even want to see spreadsheet additions. I just think the spreadsheet itself is fluff.
Yes, I was basing reads on activity, a habit I got from past games; loud and frequently posting townies destroyed each other as the less active scum quietly picked them off and won. It seems we have different experiences. I do concede that there's a very high chance at least one of the more active posters is scum.

As for my line "I'll leave that to the more experienced mafia players" I was only referring to the D1 lynch, not all lynches. That's because there's little to go off of without a night kill. Also, I'm aware that some of the"more experienced players" are almost certainly scum, but the majority is town.

As the game goes on, I'm aware I will have to take a more dominant role in the game which I'm preparing for by scouring this long thread and planning courses of action depending on who gets night killed. Therefore, I should probably document my own suspicion list.

Town Reads- Vrykolakas, Ambrose, Varikset, ThisOneisBlue, HeartlessDemon

Neutral Reads- Pasture, Solstices, Starstream, ChaoticPotato, Warriorgirl1234, Beheaded, Firo

Prime Suspects- ShadowLugia711, Shimmerwing
Yes, I was basing reads on activity, a habit I got from past games; loud and frequently posting townies destroyed each other as the less active scum quietly picked them off and won. It seems we have different experiences. I do concede that there's a very high chance at least one of the more active posters is scum.

As for my line "I'll leave that to the more experienced mafia players" I was only referring to the D1 lynch, not all lynches. That's because there's little to go off of without a night kill. Also, I'm aware that some of the"more experienced players" are almost certainly scum, but the majority is town.

As the game goes on, I'm aware I will have to take a more dominant role in the game which I'm preparing for by scouring this long thread and planning courses of action depending on who gets night killed. Therefore, I should probably document my own suspicion list.

Town Reads- Vrykolakas, Ambrose, Varikset, ThisOneisBlue, HeartlessDemon

Neutral Reads- Pasture, Solstices, Starstream, ChaoticPotato, Warriorgirl1234, Beheaded, Firo

Prime Suspects- ShadowLugia711, Shimmerwing
toaster
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 104 105