Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | MMO recommendations...?
*Sigh*

I'm feeling super unmotivated right now, and I need some inspiration...

I've noticed that mmos give me the most inspiration to write. No idea why.

So... as for things that the mmo must meet:

It has to be free, as in you don't need to spend any money to download it. This is an important one, because I'm on a tight budget-

It has to run on at least a pc or a mobile device. I don't have a console or a nintendo switch.

...That's pretty much it.

So here's some mmos I liked.

- Fer.al (I never played the game, but it would have been straight up my alley if I ever got to play). Now it's dead.

- Utopia: Origin (This one is probably an obscure one, its basically a survival game with decent graphics. No story behind it)

- Animal Jam (I no longer play this one since I was wrongfully banned and because of questionable business choices)

...that's everything off the top of my head...

edit: am subbed, so no need to ping.

*Sigh*

I'm feeling super unmotivated right now, and I need some inspiration...

I've noticed that mmos give me the most inspiration to write. No idea why.

So... as for things that the mmo must meet:

It has to be free, as in you don't need to spend any money to download it. This is an important one, because I'm on a tight budget-

It has to run on at least a pc or a mobile device. I don't have a console or a nintendo switch.

...That's pretty much it.

So here's some mmos I liked.

- Fer.al (I never played the game, but it would have been straight up my alley if I ever got to play). Now it's dead.

- Utopia: Origin (This one is probably an obscure one, its basically a survival game with decent graphics. No story behind it)

- Animal Jam (I no longer play this one since I was wrongfully banned and because of questionable business choices)

...that's everything off the top of my head...

edit: am subbed, so no need to ping.

fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
As far as I know, the base game of Guild Wars 2 has become free to play. And it's a pretty good one even without expansions.
As far as I know, the base game of Guild Wars 2 has become free to play. And it's a pretty good one even without expansions.
Guild Wars 2 is the go-to for a free MMO from what I've seen, and it's pretty good from the few hours I've played, would recommend!

Final Fantasy XIV is subscription based BUT if you don't mind the limitations, the trial version is completely free + has unlimited playtime up to level 60, which is. A LOT of content you can squeeze out of it without paying even once.

I've also tried Neverwinter which is free to play, but I can't say I was left particularly impressed, so just throwing it out there if you want more options.
Guild Wars 2 is the go-to for a free MMO from what I've seen, and it's pretty good from the few hours I've played, would recommend!

Final Fantasy XIV is subscription based BUT if you don't mind the limitations, the trial version is completely free + has unlimited playtime up to level 60, which is. A LOT of content you can squeeze out of it without paying even once.

I've also tried Neverwinter which is free to play, but I can't say I was left particularly impressed, so just throwing it out there if you want more options.
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg
other people have already suggested gw2, but i'm going to hop on the bandwagon and also recommend it wkjsjfkf.

it can run pretty well even on a laptop, though it takes a while to download. the world map is huge, and you can explore pretty much all of it ^^ lots of character customization options as well.

i've been playing it on and off since 2017, and it always pulls me back in every now and then lol.
other people have already suggested gw2, but i'm going to hop on the bandwagon and also recommend it wkjsjfkf.

it can run pretty well even on a laptop, though it takes a while to download. the world map is huge, and you can explore pretty much all of it ^^ lots of character customization options as well.

i've been playing it on and off since 2017, and it always pulls me back in every now and then lol.
19260.png16490.png aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

taking art comms! :-)
Wizard101

Pirate101

Runescape

Black Desert

Villagers and Heroes
Wizard101

Pirate101

Runescape

Black Desert

Villagers and Heroes
OuDych9.png (c)UserOfShadows
Guild Wars 2's basegame is free, but the basegame is only a sliver of the content. The expacs, which cost money, continue the story and introduce a lot of great stuff like mounts, gliding, and elite specs (basically subclasses). Also, like with FFXIV's free trial, your account has a lot of limitations as a free player.

That being said, the expacs are buy once, play forever, so they're still much more accessible for limited budgets than subscriptions.

If your phone can run it, you might also be interested in Sky: Children of the Light. It's not exactly an MMO in the same sense as GW2 or FFXIV, but it's beautiful and the flying is fun.
Guild Wars 2's basegame is free, but the basegame is only a sliver of the content. The expacs, which cost money, continue the story and introduce a lot of great stuff like mounts, gliding, and elite specs (basically subclasses). Also, like with FFXIV's free trial, your account has a lot of limitations as a free player.

That being said, the expacs are buy once, play forever, so they're still much more accessible for limited budgets than subscriptions.

If your phone can run it, you might also be interested in Sky: Children of the Light. It's not exactly an MMO in the same sense as GW2 or FFXIV, but it's beautiful and the flying is fun.
tumblr_p6peo3Swce1vv0exyo2_400.png
Going to second (third) FFXIV, the base game and first expansion are free and that's A LOT of content, the world is very heavy on story and lore. Plus Heavensward is really good. It caps at level 60 but there's no restriction on playtime and you can level multiple classes on the same character, each with their own story (so it's really level 60 x 15 jobs unlockable through Heavensward if you want to get the most out of it)
Going to second (third) FFXIV, the base game and first expansion are free and that's A LOT of content, the world is very heavy on story and lore. Plus Heavensward is really good. It caps at level 60 but there's no restriction on playtime and you can level multiple classes on the same character, each with their own story (so it's really level 60 x 15 jobs unlockable through Heavensward if you want to get the most out of it)
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

FFXIV is really good! I also play it, just be warned that you might get addicted and want to actually sub, so it depends on how you feel about that. There is a lot of content in the free trial, but you'll probably feel a bit sad to see everyone running around as a higher level and doing end game stuff that you can't since you need to sub to reach the (current) end game
FFXIV is really good! I also play it, just be warned that you might get addicted and want to actually sub, so it depends on how you feel about that. There is a lot of content in the free trial, but you'll probably feel a bit sad to see everyone running around as a higher level and doing end game stuff that you can't since you need to sub to reach the (current) end game
nLuOZCa.png