Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things that make digital artists go :(
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Finally finishing the tedious details on a layer, only to find out you did it all on the wrong one
Finally finishing the tedious details on a layer, only to find out you did it all on the wrong one
5409.png
"Do not let it win. Do not give in. Do not assimilate."

34821.png
I accidentally merged the colouring and lineart layers and couldn't undo it. Project immediately abandoned.
I accidentally merged the colouring and lineart layers and couldn't undo it. Project immediately abandoned.
///////////tumblr_p5wzkf4NYZ1vamgqko1_100.png
DQR0xuP.png
FObX7rS.png
HdmxfuE.png
5hF3FGk.png
Pgv53XB.png
R5gBjNt.png ////////ebwdsO1.png
[quote name="galaxywings48" ] I accidentally merged the colouring and lineart layers and couldn't undo it. Project immediately abandoned. [/quote] [font=times new roman][size=4] I've done similar in the past on a tweening animation. I'm not sure what I was trying to do, I can't remember, but I ended up merging most of the layers together. Some layers went over one another in ways that I wasn't anticipating. Couldn't undo it. I still [i]kinda[/i] got the animation to work after a bit of tweaking, but it didn't look very appealing...
galaxywings48 wrote:
I've done similar in the past on a tweening animation. I'm not sure what I was trying to do, I can't remember, but I ended up merging most of the layers together. Some layers went over one another in ways that I wasn't anticipating. Couldn't undo it. I still kinda got the animation to work after a bit of tweaking, but it didn't look very appealing...
41.pngLynxez41.png
sh5xjiu.png 7nrEOpT.png pZJYyk4.png mlHpBMC.png Bt9KLea.png
[quote name="GingaSnap" date="2022-03-30 07:27:40" ] this is why I always turn down the opacity on my sketch layer before I do lineart [/quote] this!!!! I haven't had a problem with layers in FOREVER because of this, it saved my life my problem is that my art program sometimes just glitches for no reason, but that's probably because it's a free art program and also my laptop has like 250 tabs open, so it's mostly my fault haha
GingaSnap wrote on 2022-03-30 07:27:40:
this is why I always turn down the opacity on my sketch layer before I do lineart

this!!!! I haven't had a problem with layers in FOREVER because of this, it saved my life

my problem is that my art program sometimes just glitches for no reason, but that's probably because it's a free art program and also my laptop has like 250 tabs open, so it's mostly my fault haha
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
When the sketch looks better than the finished digital piece. It happens to me every couple of drawings.
When the sketch looks better than the finished digital piece. It happens to me every couple of drawings.
when you draw on the wrong layer
when you merge layers you didn't want to
when you forget to name your layers
when your project has so many layers it just refuses to load

so in essence: layers lol
when you draw on the wrong layer
when you merge layers you didn't want to
when you forget to name your layers
when your project has so many layers it just refuses to load

so in essence: layers lol
« Jay »

* Neurodiverse,weird,rather nice guy,so far in the closet i actually rule narnia
* Australian as hecc
* God bless, fellow hoomans
[quote name="galaxywings48" date="2022-04-05 02:48:08" ] I accidentally merged the colouring and lineart layers and couldn't undo it. Project immediately abandoned. [/quote] i have a sort of fix for it clone the fused layer extract the lineart from the clone thus making a purely lines layer then the other fused one you can simply colour over the lines to make it a purely colour layer then put the line layer above the colour one ik medibang has line extraction idk abt other art programmes but it helps with some projects *shrug
galaxywings48 wrote on 2022-04-05 02:48:08:
i have a sort of fix for it
clone the fused layer
extract the lineart from the clone thus making a purely lines layer
then the other fused one you can simply colour over the lines to make it a purely colour layer
then put the line layer above the colour one
ik medibang has line extraction idk abt other art programmes
but it helps with some projects *shrug
« Jay »

* Neurodiverse,weird,rather nice guy,so far in the closet i actually rule narnia
* Australian as hecc
* God bless, fellow hoomans
Tendonitis preventing you from drawing anymore.
Tendonitis preventing you from drawing anymore.
Drawing on the wrong lair, with minimal redos to salvage
Drawing on the wrong lair, with minimal redos to salvage
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
a REALY good function being on an art program you otherwise don't like using ;-; the pattern function on FireAlpaca is by far my favorite of any program I've used, but I just. like csp's functions in EVERY other respect. I have a very particular way of making weird abstract backgrounds and I just can't get it to look right outside of FireAlpaca. really wish I could just. take the patterns from FireAlpaca and put them in CSP. same with all the filters in procreate
a REALY good function being on an art program you otherwise don't like using ;-; the pattern function on FireAlpaca is by far my favorite of any program I've used, but I just. like csp's functions in EVERY other respect. I have a very particular way of making weird abstract backgrounds and I just can't get it to look right outside of FireAlpaca. really wish I could just. take the patterns from FireAlpaca and put them in CSP. same with all the filters in procreate
I used to be deathly afraid of the Hokey Pokey, Elevators, and Hurdles. I've finally decided to turn myself around- I took steps to avoid my fear until I got over it.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16