Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things that make digital artists go :(
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Running out of layers >.< 59 max on ipad pro 2018 procreate at 2500x3000, 300 DPI

I NEED MORE LAYERS!
Running out of layers >.< 59 max on ipad pro 2018 procreate at 2500x3000, 300 DPI

I NEED MORE LAYERS!
a33cd48e8e24f11bf61861e1609632aa217f8a3e.jpg7cd0b45f35c6e34590a300be1cacd27b2edf7760.png1500b320d1a9d96d3a57fed65894bfb47c744792.jpg92d2f8ce3a437d3f75d1b9b4944f46633f33d821.png
When you’re using a touch-screen tablet and you try to zoom in, only for the entire screen to immediately freak out and spasm images across the screen, disorienting you considerably.
When you’re using a touch-screen tablet and you try to zoom in, only for the entire screen to immediately freak out and spasm images across the screen, disorienting you considerably.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
having to charge the devices, indeed. aghhh! every time I actually feel like drawing and the ipad is EMPTY.

Other annoyances:
  • default P3 colour space
  • Tablet not properly responding to taps.
  • Procreate's terrible, terrible brush sliders.
  • People asking what brush is used because they think the brush makes the art good rather than the artist's skills and effort.

I'm so glad I'm spared the layer problem. I used to use so many layers in my drawings when I was young and actually cared, but nowadays I just plop everything on the same layer because it makes everything much easier.

[roll safe image macro] can't draw on the wrong layer if there's only one layer to draw on.
having to charge the devices, indeed. aghhh! every time I actually feel like drawing and the ipad is EMPTY.

Other annoyances:
  • default P3 colour space
  • Tablet not properly responding to taps.
  • Procreate's terrible, terrible brush sliders.
  • People asking what brush is used because they think the brush makes the art good rather than the artist's skills and effort.

I'm so glad I'm spared the layer problem. I used to use so many layers in my drawings when I was young and actually cared, but nowadays I just plop everything on the same layer because it makes everything much easier.

[roll safe image macro] can't draw on the wrong layer if there's only one layer to draw on.
seeing extremely bad art, program lagging
seeing extremely bad art, program lagging
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
I use a Bluetooth tablet that connects to my PC.

When it gets low battery and shuts off and I can't finish the drawing that I'm doing, and it's the rare occasion I have motivation to draw too.
I use a Bluetooth tablet that connects to my PC.

When it gets low battery and shuts off and I can't finish the drawing that I'm doing, and it's the rare occasion I have motivation to draw too.
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
Sure this has been mentioned already, but...
"Wow, this lineart is looking great! Let's see it without the sketch layer...oh god this is the worst thing I've ever made"
Sure this has been mentioned already, but...
"Wow, this lineart is looking great! Let's see it without the sketch layer...oh god this is the worst thing I've ever made"
when u put ur tablet pen down for less than a second and it disappears into thin air and u go insane looking for it only to find it right under your nose
when u put ur tablet pen down for less than a second and it disappears into thin air and u go insane looking for it only to find it right under your nose
63b167364c0a2dbaf2a03351a1066bc8cada7354.pngfcaa2c7b37d017521beff538d86b130409b73d6e.png21d0293ce4fcfad679fd6be05ccf743215e58ae7.png99d350e6cd84e02c223da178bc712b62b709f489.png
[img]https://imgur.com/5mKemw8.png[/img] i'm good at naming layers
5mKemw8.png

i'm good at naming layers
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
my current drawing program (firealpaca) has this tool called 'tone curve' that always crashes my program when i'm drawing. i never use it but because it is right next to the hue tool (something i use a lot) i accidentally end up clicking it and it crashes my program >_< thank goodness for auto saving

also flipping a canvas and seeing how bad it looks and/or fixing a bunch of stuff while the canvas is flipped and forgetting to flip it back...
my current drawing program (firealpaca) has this tool called 'tone curve' that always crashes my program when i'm drawing. i never use it but because it is right next to the hue tool (something i use a lot) i accidentally end up clicking it and it crashes my program >_< thank goodness for auto saving

also flipping a canvas and seeing how bad it looks and/or fixing a bunch of stuff while the canvas is flipped and forgetting to flip it back...
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
When my program starts lagging out because I have too many complex things on too many layers, so everything I draw shows up super delayed.
When my program starts lagging out because I have too many complex things on too many layers, so everything I draw shows up super delayed.
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16