Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things that make digital artists go :(
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Glitches in the drawing program. I use Procreate and once I had a 2 month-long issue where the app would mysteriously start detecting my wrist on the screen despite the setting being off. Had to wear a fingerless glove to draw until it somehow fixed itself.

Also when you take a break on a piece and come back and it looks like hot garbage. Like, not even easily fixable hot garbage, like the very way the artwork is constructed is hot garbage.
Glitches in the drawing program. I use Procreate and once I had a 2 month-long issue where the app would mysteriously start detecting my wrist on the screen despite the setting being off. Had to wear a fingerless glove to draw until it somehow fixed itself.

Also when you take a break on a piece and come back and it looks like hot garbage. Like, not even easily fixable hot garbage, like the very way the artwork is constructed is hot garbage.
[quote name="FateSong" date="2022-01-07 20:26:10" ] when you find a random dot on your drawing and you have to look through all the layers to figure out where it is so you can erase it [/quote] Oh god I hate how relatable this is lol
FateSong wrote on 2022-01-07 20:26:10:
when you find a random dot on your drawing and you have to look through all the layers to figure out where it is so you can erase it
Oh god I hate how relatable this is lol
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Drawing the line art, only to realize half way through that you've been drawing on the sketch layer [emoji=mirror sad size=2]
Drawing the line art, only to realize half way through that you've been drawing on the sketch layer
ferberus.png oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
J7D1quC.png
lHeaYIT.png
not being able to change hue saturation values of black lines because you discover your new program doesnt have normal color rep

OR

flipping the image. Just flipping the image. The hit points to my confidence are real
not being able to change hue saturation values of black lines because you discover your new program doesnt have normal color rep

OR

flipping the image. Just flipping the image. The hit points to my confidence are real
Spend a long time working on the line-art only to realize it took all the dynamism away from the sketch, and now your drawing looks stiff and lifeless.

I've given up on clean line-art a long time ago. I honestly don't have the patience to make it look good.

Fortunately, there are certain art styles that look great with a rough line work, like those of vintage book illustrations.
Spend a long time working on the line-art only to realize it took all the dynamism away from the sketch, and now your drawing looks stiff and lifeless.

I've given up on clean line-art a long time ago. I honestly don't have the patience to make it look good.

Fortunately, there are certain art styles that look great with a rough line work, like those of vintage book illustrations.
why so curious?_____ gecsC5y.png

not too close, not too far
195.png
I had to get a new tip for mine cuz it loosened and fell off somewhere :’(
I had to get a new tip for mine cuz it loosened and fell off somewhere :’(
unknown.png
start sketching
on the background
start sketching
on the background
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-01-08 05:52:52" ] start sketching on the background [/quote] Nooo that's so painful
aludesh wrote on 2022-01-08 05:52:52:
start sketching
on the background
Nooo that's so painful
p1Pjh8S.png

p110et9.gif By Sesshin

[img][/img]
I lose my tablet's pen at least once a week.
I lose my tablet's pen at least once a week.
If I don't respond it's because I'm either working or busy, I promise I'm not ignoring you.
Also I'm sorry if I ever sound rude, I'm not trying to be, I'm just socially awkward.
a friend of mine doesn't name layers and it has me screaming every time I watch them draw
double hilarious when they rearrange layers and then get confused on which one is which again
triple hilarious when they make folders and then don't name the folders either
quadruple hilarious when, you guessed it, they rearrange the folders and get confused

"merge the layers Kronk" "WRONG LAYERS"
"hide the layer Kronk" "WRONG LAYER"
a friend of mine doesn't name layers and it has me screaming every time I watch them draw
double hilarious when they rearrange layers and then get confused on which one is which again
triple hilarious when they make folders and then don't name the folders either
quadruple hilarious when, you guessed it, they rearrange the folders and get confused

"merge the layers Kronk" "WRONG LAYERS"
"hide the layer Kronk" "WRONG LAYER"
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16