Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A little disappointed w the apparel
1 2 3 4 5
I usually like the garish and "special" feel of holiday apparel, and yeah this one feels a little plain to me. Nothing wrong with that, different tastes, I just really liked the old mist and whirlwind effects personally.
I usually like the garish and "special" feel of holiday apparel, and yeah this one feels a little plain to me. Nothing wrong with that, different tastes, I just really liked the old mist and whirlwind effects personally.
[quote name="Dunkelheit" date="2022-03-27 12:06:57" ] I think this is the first Wind apparel I actually really like, its not too loud like all the other pieces from years before. All the others were too vibrant, or clunky for me. [/quote] ^ precisely how i feel about it!
Dunkelheit wrote on 2022-03-27 12:06:57:
I think this is the first Wind apparel I actually really like, its not too loud like all the other pieces from years before. All the others were too vibrant, or clunky for me.
^ precisely how i feel about it!
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
Personally I like it because it’s the only wind apparel I can see myself using (as one who is very not-wind in aesthetic), others are cool but not something I’d ever use as it just doesn’t fit my dragons.
This feels more versatile; it’s not just for wind-reps. But I guess that’s also the reason why it’s not in your taste either
Personally I like it because it’s the only wind apparel I can see myself using (as one who is very not-wind in aesthetic), others are cool but not something I’d ever use as it just doesn’t fit my dragons.
This feels more versatile; it’s not just for wind-reps. But I guess that’s also the reason why it’s not in your taste either
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
I quite like it, but I'm surprised it's another cape. We've gotten quite a few of them this cycle.
I quite like it, but I'm surprised it's another cape. We've gotten quite a few of them this cycle.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Devs are branching out with what the flight themes represent, so I think something more muted but recogniseable is great for experimentation that still screams 'wind'.

Be glad you didn't get an entirely different flight's palette, at least. Would you rather it was cyan and blue?
Devs are branching out with what the flight themes represent, so I think something more muted but recogniseable is great for experimentation that still screams 'wind'.

Be glad you didn't get an entirely different flight's palette, at least. Would you rather it was cyan and blue?
I think its nice. I wish it had more feathers or some sort of muted pattern though because the cloth on the back feels a little empty. It might be useful for when there is a dragon with a really busy pattern to interrupt the pattern with some solid area so it isn't as overwhelming for the eyes. I am glad its not super clunky or overwhelming. I don't like the wind apparel that includes that green wind effect much so this is a nice change.
I think its nice. I wish it had more feathers or some sort of muted pattern though because the cloth on the back feels a little empty. It might be useful for when there is a dragon with a really busy pattern to interrupt the pattern with some solid area so it isn't as overwhelming for the eyes. I am glad its not super clunky or overwhelming. I don't like the wind apparel that includes that green wind effect much so this is a nice change.
I will put something here eventually.
[quote name="Ais" date="2022-03-27 13:04:15" ] Be glad you didn't get an entirely different flight's palette, at least. Would you rather it was cyan and blue? [/quote] No need to be so aggressive. I just said I don't like it. I even explicitly said that I'm happy for the people who do like it. What's your problem???
Ais wrote on 2022-03-27 13:04:15:

No need to be so aggressive. I just said I don't like it. I even explicitly said that I'm happy for the people who do like it. What's your problem???
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
I was also surprised; I don't dislike it, but it didn't scream Wind to me either.
I was also surprised; I don't dislike it, but it didn't scream Wind to me either.
they/them
honestly i’m. it’s. for me, i really like this apparel… but not for wind. it’s such a nice piece of apparel! i’m glad it’s “free” so i can get like 10, but as a wind fest piece, it’s just. disappointing. it really is undersaturated— not the base piece, but the feathers are weirdly dull to me?

i’d have loved this if it were released for marketplace or something. but because it’s supposed to be the wind fest apparel, i’m just. disappointed.
honestly i’m. it’s. for me, i really like this apparel… but not for wind. it’s such a nice piece of apparel! i’m glad it’s “free” so i can get like 10, but as a wind fest piece, it’s just. disappointing. it really is undersaturated— not the base piece, but the feathers are weirdly dull to me?

i’d have loved this if it were released for marketplace or something. but because it’s supposed to be the wind fest apparel, i’m just. disappointed.
8aKVtucC_o.png
I get where you're coming from but I think if paired with the other windy pieces it makes them pop more. I am glad that they're adding more verity to apparel for the festivals and it isn't just the same every time.

Edit to add I really hope they add more little coats for the other flights.
I get where you're coming from but I think if paired with the other windy pieces it makes them pop more. I am glad that they're adding more verity to apparel for the festivals and it isn't just the same every time.

Edit to add I really hope they add more little coats for the other flights.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
1 2 3 4 5