Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Slumber of the Forge Sovereign (D&D) OOC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36
@Goldenwolfmidna
@TheatreRaptor

Hey! So sorry for their tiny reply. My computer broke (my brand new one too RIP) and I’m taking it in to get repaired tomorrow, so I’m typing mobile in the meantime.

I just wanted to say thank you so, SO much for applying! It means so much to me! I forgot to link the roll20, so sorry! I’ll do that once my computer is repaired. All your prompts are absolutely great and I cannot wait to see what y’all come up with in Session 0. Hope to be back soon! Sorry for this delay!
@Goldenwolfmidna
@TheatreRaptor

Hey! So sorry for their tiny reply. My computer broke (my brand new one too RIP) and I’m taking it in to get repaired tomorrow, so I’m typing mobile in the meantime.

I just wanted to say thank you so, SO much for applying! It means so much to me! I forgot to link the roll20, so sorry! I’ll do that once my computer is repaired. All your prompts are absolutely great and I cannot wait to see what y’all come up with in Session 0. Hope to be back soon! Sorry for this delay!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
it's all good dude! take your time, i fully understand. i may work on doodles of the characters i may use, but we'll see
it's all good dude! take your time, i fully understand. i may work on doodles of the characters i may use, but we'll see
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
oooh yes yes yes very interested! i love DnD but it's so hard to get a group together for liveplay haha

-Username/Nickname: Bird
-Preferred Pronouns: she/her
-Time Most Active: On weekdays 17:00, on weekends sporadically throughout the day, depends on when i have plans
-D&D Experience: been playing dnd for about 5 years, all liveplay either in person or over discord. fell off because it's hard to get my group of dnd friends together since we all have different schedules haha
-Roleplaying Experience: been roleplaying for about 15 years now, wrote a ton of fic. i've been busy with work and fell off writing to i'm a bit rusty, but i still enjoy it!
-Prompts: so i'll probably play my bard zephyr adad - he's my little meow meow (ask me about his miqote ffxiv!AU). he's outwardly a comedy character since he's from a family that recently lost its fortune so he's woefully unequipped for even the most basic tasks of regular life lmao, much less fighting monsters! he's also very low wis but VERY high cha so he's a great smooth talker. i'm also a sucker for putting characters through the wringer to see who they become on the other side- but also having moment of levity, as well.
-Discord or Forums: discord, as it's easier to check on my phone while i'm out.
oooh yes yes yes very interested! i love DnD but it's so hard to get a group together for liveplay haha

-Username/Nickname: Bird
-Preferred Pronouns: she/her
-Time Most Active: On weekdays 17:00, on weekends sporadically throughout the day, depends on when i have plans
-D&D Experience: been playing dnd for about 5 years, all liveplay either in person or over discord. fell off because it's hard to get my group of dnd friends together since we all have different schedules haha
-Roleplaying Experience: been roleplaying for about 15 years now, wrote a ton of fic. i've been busy with work and fell off writing to i'm a bit rusty, but i still enjoy it!
-Prompts: so i'll probably play my bard zephyr adad - he's my little meow meow (ask me about his miqote ffxiv!AU). he's outwardly a comedy character since he's from a family that recently lost its fortune so he's woefully unequipped for even the most basic tasks of regular life lmao, much less fighting monsters! he's also very low wis but VERY high cha so he's a great smooth talker. i'm also a sucker for putting characters through the wringer to see who they become on the other side- but also having moment of levity, as well.
-Discord or Forums: discord, as it's easier to check on my phone while i'm out.
tumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o1_100.png
quick question- we start with a feat? are any feats allowed or just those in the phb? and a few quick doodles of the drow + his patron- who i think i'll be playing [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/684633337205358634/955728819476639754/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/684633337205358634/955945300143525908/unknown.png[/img]
quick question- we start with a feat? are any feats allowed or just those in the phb?

and a few quick doodles of the drow + his patron- who i think i'll be playing
unknown.png
unknown.png
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
@undeadbird

Ahhh thank you so, so much! It’s looking great! Is it alright if you and @TheatreRaptor fill out the consent sheet if you haven’t done so already. I can send a link through a pm if needed!

@Goldenwolfmidna

Any feats! So long as they aren’t restricted by race/species! Your art looks amazing!! Your characters look absolutely fashionable. I would love to learn more about them!

Also for all of you. My computer’s gonna be sent in for repair on Friday and come back in 3-5 days, which is when I can only reply on mobile. Before then, I’ll be able to do limited stuff on my computer, so I shall try to respond to any questions and set up the roll20 page in the meantime! Thank you all for your patience!! Sorry for the chaos!
@undeadbird

Ahhh thank you so, so much! It’s looking great! Is it alright if you and @TheatreRaptor fill out the consent sheet if you haven’t done so already. I can send a link through a pm if needed!

@Goldenwolfmidna

Any feats! So long as they aren’t restricted by race/species! Your art looks amazing!! Your characters look absolutely fashionable. I would love to learn more about them!

Also for all of you. My computer’s gonna be sent in for repair on Friday and come back in 3-5 days, which is when I can only reply on mobile. Before then, I’ll be able to do limited stuff on my computer, so I shall try to respond to any questions and set up the roll20 page in the meantime! Thank you all for your patience!! Sorry for the chaos!
@Requacy it's all good! i'll dm you once we have a discord set up about my character's patron- they're,,, an interesting sort fgddf

in the meantime i'll likely work on backstory and a proper character sheet for them. is there anything particular i should know about drow, efreeti, or warlock pacts before i make that? as in anything out of the ordinary jffjdf. also, i assume a racial feat for the race we pick is okay? i'm thinking Drow High Magics for my character since it makes sense

also- what classes are yall playing?
@Requacy it's all good! i'll dm you once we have a discord set up about my character's patron- they're,,, an interesting sort fgddf

in the meantime i'll likely work on backstory and a proper character sheet for them. is there anything particular i should know about drow, efreeti, or warlock pacts before i make that? as in anything out of the ordinary jffjdf. also, i assume a racial feat for the race we pick is okay? i'm thinking Drow High Magics for my character since it makes sense

also- what classes are yall playing?
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
@Goldenwolfmina

That sounds great!!

For the Currently-Unnamed-Setting-Ignaxell-Is-In (haha), here are my current notes on Drow, Efreeti, and Warlocks.

General note: Ignaxell, while affectionately dubbed a "town" for its origins (old locals will fight you if you say otherwise. Serious business), is something more of a trading settlement becoming a city-state, although it is now facing pressure from outside countries, who are only held back out of fear of the Forge Sovereign's awakening.

-No species has an absolute alignment (ex: Always Chaotic Evil). Every individual is an individual. For example, Efreeti would not be Always Lawful Evil, but their alignment would vary on each individual's choices and beliefs. So, choose whatever you want for your patron's motivations!

Ignaxell's region (Sköllthrall) is permeated with Fire and beings of Elemental Fire are likely to appear in the region, marking it as a fault. This is the result two things: being located in the world's "Ring of Fire," and the Forge Sovereign's presence. Through Ignaxell, it is possible that an item carrying an Elemental was transported to a to location far away from the Sköllthrall fault. Alternatively, those from the Fire Plane can come through other Fire-permeated faults or influences from around the world.

-Some Drow originate from the Underdark, others from the Surface. Whether they have sunlight sensitivity or not depends on the individual. However, a proud Drow named Chir'ell Thenkiir (Cavern fall) is the inventor of the "Sunfocal" (sunglasses) which helps individuals with sunlight sensitivity go to the surface.

There are many places where Drow exist and interact with fellow Humanoids. Sadly, due to prejudice, not all places where Drow exist, they are welcome. Two countries that have major contact through Ignaxell are Craraniir and the Balstacia.
Craraniir is a young country from the Underdark seeking to expand its influence on the Surface. It is located south of Sköllthrall, with many Underdark goods going through Ignaxell before being sent across the ocean. Known best for hosting a high population of Ourocoric worshippers, a minor religion that reveres the cycle of life and death, and the enigmatic entity known colloquially as 'Old Condorjaw." Pere'veliss Illphenel, one of the best healers in Ignaxell, is an Ourocoric Drow Cleric who immigrated Fram Craraniir.
A continent away is Balstacia, an old Elven-Dwarven monarchy and common sight in Ignaxell. Full of political intrigue, Balstacia seeks to maintain its power, while competing against other countries, both sharing its continent and beyond it. Sköllthrall is the easiest sailing route for Balstacia, with the result being Ignaxell and its fellow settlements across Sköllthrall often serving as a temporary resting place for Balstacian traders and goods

-How a Warlock makes their pact depends on the "strength" (ability to manipulate magic/reality through their presence) of the patron. "Weaker" entities need to explicitly form a pact (ex: the classic "Deal"-style pact), while "stronger" entities can form pacts merely from thoughts, bloodline, or even discovery (ex: Reading the odd eldritch book).

How your Warlock formed their pact can influence their character. Did they actively seek out their patron and form a pact? Or were they suddenly chosen and are now trying to understand their new benefactor? The possibilities are endless!
@Goldenwolfmina

That sounds great!!

For the Currently-Unnamed-Setting-Ignaxell-Is-In (haha), here are my current notes on Drow, Efreeti, and Warlocks.

General note: Ignaxell, while affectionately dubbed a "town" for its origins (old locals will fight you if you say otherwise. Serious business), is something more of a trading settlement becoming a city-state, although it is now facing pressure from outside countries, who are only held back out of fear of the Forge Sovereign's awakening.

-No species has an absolute alignment (ex: Always Chaotic Evil). Every individual is an individual. For example, Efreeti would not be Always Lawful Evil, but their alignment would vary on each individual's choices and beliefs. So, choose whatever you want for your patron's motivations!

Ignaxell's region (Sköllthrall) is permeated with Fire and beings of Elemental Fire are likely to appear in the region, marking it as a fault. This is the result two things: being located in the world's "Ring of Fire," and the Forge Sovereign's presence. Through Ignaxell, it is possible that an item carrying an Elemental was transported to a to location far away from the Sköllthrall fault. Alternatively, those from the Fire Plane can come through other Fire-permeated faults or influences from around the world.

-Some Drow originate from the Underdark, others from the Surface. Whether they have sunlight sensitivity or not depends on the individual. However, a proud Drow named Chir'ell Thenkiir (Cavern fall) is the inventor of the "Sunfocal" (sunglasses) which helps individuals with sunlight sensitivity go to the surface.

There are many places where Drow exist and interact with fellow Humanoids. Sadly, due to prejudice, not all places where Drow exist, they are welcome. Two countries that have major contact through Ignaxell are Craraniir and the Balstacia.
Craraniir is a young country from the Underdark seeking to expand its influence on the Surface. It is located south of Sköllthrall, with many Underdark goods going through Ignaxell before being sent across the ocean. Known best for hosting a high population of Ourocoric worshippers, a minor religion that reveres the cycle of life and death, and the enigmatic entity known colloquially as 'Old Condorjaw." Pere'veliss Illphenel, one of the best healers in Ignaxell, is an Ourocoric Drow Cleric who immigrated Fram Craraniir.
A continent away is Balstacia, an old Elven-Dwarven monarchy and common sight in Ignaxell. Full of political intrigue, Balstacia seeks to maintain its power, while competing against other countries, both sharing its continent and beyond it. Sköllthrall is the easiest sailing route for Balstacia, with the result being Ignaxell and its fellow settlements across Sköllthrall often serving as a temporary resting place for Balstacian traders and goods

-How a Warlock makes their pact depends on the "strength" (ability to manipulate magic/reality through their presence) of the patron. "Weaker" entities need to explicitly form a pact (ex: the classic "Deal"-style pact), while "stronger" entities can form pacts merely from thoughts, bloodline, or even discovery (ex: Reading the odd eldritch book).

How your Warlock formed their pact can influence their character. Did they actively seek out their patron and form a pact? Or were they suddenly chosen and are now trying to understand their new benefactor? The possibilities are endless!
@Requacy

good to know! if there's a country that is mostly inhabited by drow and other underdark dwellers, that's likely where my character is from, and not a fact he hides. i'd think he probably does have sunlight sensitivity since he's from the underdark, but maybe to a lesser degree than some, thanks to time spent on the surface.

as for the alignment of the patron- honestly, chaotic neutral is the most accurate to the idea i have for him. a rather young efreeti, heir to a noble house, and desperate for a friendexcited to finally make his first real warlock pact! after all, those mortals can do all the things for him, and he has extra influence here, since the whole elemental Fire fault the city-state sits on.

that's good information to know about it all, and can make for a very fun 'deal' between my character and his patron, especially with the item transportation dggfd
@Requacy

good to know! if there's a country that is mostly inhabited by drow and other underdark dwellers, that's likely where my character is from, and not a fact he hides. i'd think he probably does have sunlight sensitivity since he's from the underdark, but maybe to a lesser degree than some, thanks to time spent on the surface.

as for the alignment of the patron- honestly, chaotic neutral is the most accurate to the idea i have for him. a rather young efreeti, heir to a noble house, and desperate for a friendexcited to finally make his first real warlock pact! after all, those mortals can do all the things for him, and he has extra influence here, since the whole elemental Fire fault the city-state sits on.

that's good information to know about it all, and can make for a very fun 'deal' between my character and his patron, especially with the item transportation dggfd
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
@Goldenwolfmidna

Yeah! Craraniir is a metropolis of Underdark denizens. It is comprised mainly of Drow, Dwarves/Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Kuo-toa, the odd Illithid/Ceremoprh or two (though I cannot spoil much on that), and other Underdark folk. Ohh, nice. Sunlight sensitivity is a wacky mix of genetics and environmental factors, so even those who spend much time of the Surface can experience it!

Tha sounds really interesting!! I've never heard a Efreeti patron like that and it immediately grabs my attention. Young Efreeti out to make friends pacts. Hope he finds Ignaxell chaotic interesting!

Thank you so much! I really hope you enjoy it!!
@Goldenwolfmidna

Yeah! Craraniir is a metropolis of Underdark denizens. It is comprised mainly of Drow, Dwarves/Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Kuo-toa, the odd Illithid/Ceremoprh or two (though I cannot spoil much on that), and other Underdark folk. Ohh, nice. Sunlight sensitivity is a wacky mix of genetics and environmental factors, so even those who spend much time of the Surface can experience it!

Tha sounds really interesting!! I've never heard a Efreeti patron like that and it immediately grabs my attention. Young Efreeti out to make friends pacts. Hope he finds Ignaxell chaotic interesting!

Thank you so much! I really hope you enjoy it!!
@Requacy
filled out the sheet!

@GoldenWolfMidna
i'm playing an air genasi bard! he's a noble from a disgraced family with no knowledge of the actual world and just desperate to make a buck lol
@Requacy
filled out the sheet!

@GoldenWolfMidna
i'm playing an air genasi bard! he's a noble from a disgraced family with no knowledge of the actual world and just desperate to make a buck lol
tumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o1_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36