Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wasted surface IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Kahn took a deep breath, Zara. She hadn't said it but this girl was almost undoubtedly Zara Hepp. At the academy Kahn had heard about the "legendary" student that had graduated a few years earlier. She had also heard a fair number of people saying that they expected her to do just as well if not better, because of being partners with an imperial. After hearing this Kahn had done her up most to be perfectly average, and it had worked for the most part. Her class rank was almost entirely because of Rat's flight abilities.

"I suppose it's reasonable for me to amuse that I'm here because of him," Kahn grimmest pointing at Rat,"but I would also like to know exactly how you found all of us."

To Rat the guardian was far more interesting than the human. Aural. Rat had never seen her in person she certainly lived up to the descriptions he had heard, and it seemed as though they might have something in common. On the grounds of an extreme devotion to their riders if her outburst was anything to go by. The imp glanced down at his rider before returning his attention to Zara and Aural.

"I want to know how long you intend on us being down here, and how we'll be getting back up." Rat's eyes narrowed. He was fine with being down here as long as Kahn wanted to be, but he also wanted to be sure they would be- and be able to- return to Highlands.

--@kingcrubles @antibus @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse--((A bit late but have fun @TiritiriMatangi!!))
Kahn took a deep breath, Zara. She hadn't said it but this girl was almost undoubtedly Zara Hepp. At the academy Kahn had heard about the "legendary" student that had graduated a few years earlier. She had also heard a fair number of people saying that they expected her to do just as well if not better, because of being partners with an imperial. After hearing this Kahn had done her up most to be perfectly average, and it had worked for the most part. Her class rank was almost entirely because of Rat's flight abilities.

"I suppose it's reasonable for me to amuse that I'm here because of him," Kahn grimmest pointing at Rat,"but I would also like to know exactly how you found all of us."

To Rat the guardian was far more interesting than the human. Aural. Rat had never seen her in person she certainly lived up to the descriptions he had heard, and it seemed as though they might have something in common. On the grounds of an extreme devotion to their riders if her outburst was anything to go by. The imp glanced down at his rider before returning his attention to Zara and Aural.

"I want to know how long you intend on us being down here, and how we'll be getting back up." Rat's eyes narrowed. He was fine with being down here as long as Kahn wanted to be, but he also wanted to be sure they would be- and be able to- return to Highlands.

--@kingcrubles @antibus @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse--((A bit late but have fun @TiritiriMatangi!!))
Zara looked at Rat, and then the others as they asked how Zara discovered them. "Its amazing how unnoticed one simple messenger fae can go. And no, I didn't just pick anyone here because of their dragons. I picked people who had skills and personalities that would work down here."

Zara laughed. "You all act like were stuck here forever. Theres surface salvagers all over who go up and down everyday. As for me telling you how to get back to Highland, thats dangerous. If you are to go home right now and breathe a word of this, it will likely mean the end of my life." Her face turned grave. "Even if I told you, it would be unlikely you could break the barrior sucessfully. But you can trust that in a short time I will accompany you back to your homes, if you so wish. Keep in mind that my letter to you stated that this would be an extended mission. I believe Aural informed you that your life would never be the same if you decided to undergo this quest."

"We're not living in good times. Chamberlin has always been led by questionable individuals who want to keep our past secret, and as little known about the surface as possible. I think they might have known about the cool spots for a while, but havent told anyone, not even the closest of their guard. My suspicions had arisen. I had a friend, Kage, another Salvager who helped me on salvages that required two riders. Anyways, He was the only person I told about the cool spots. I advised him not to tell anyone else but a week later he seemed distressed and told me he had told a Chamberlin official. One that was a close friend of his. I never saw him again after that." Zara was pacing at this point.

"There have been other things. I discovered a group of dragons down here, huddled in a dark underground cool spot. They told me they were on a mission with their riders, who left and never came back. It was apparent the dragons had been waiting for their riders for over two months. I got them back to Highland and to Chamberlin, where I was informed by an inside source that four of the five dragons were 'euthanized' while one, a guardian, has been kept for force breeding." Zara stopped, turning to face her group.

"The list doesnt end there. I've had Chamberlin monitoring me, confiscating my hauls before I could sell them, calling it 'tainted surface material'. Kage wasn't the first salvager to be executed. Dozens of others were taken out for bringing back the wrong items and 'knowing too much'. I've calculated with the way that Chamber is onto me, I don't have more than another year. Less if I prove less than useful."

Aural nuzzled Zara's hand as she continued to speak. "So, to be more clear, our mission is to find a very large cool spot that can become habitable. Cool spots smell different, and sometimes have a source of fresh water. All water outside of cool spots is polluted and undrinkable. They are also less humid and have a colder temperature. Our side mission is to explore any city we come across. You guys will love the cities, just wait. Its nothing like anything on Highland."

@kingcrubles @antibus @darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse @TiritiriMatangi
Zara looked at Rat, and then the others as they asked how Zara discovered them. "Its amazing how unnoticed one simple messenger fae can go. And no, I didn't just pick anyone here because of their dragons. I picked people who had skills and personalities that would work down here."

Zara laughed. "You all act like were stuck here forever. Theres surface salvagers all over who go up and down everyday. As for me telling you how to get back to Highland, thats dangerous. If you are to go home right now and breathe a word of this, it will likely mean the end of my life." Her face turned grave. "Even if I told you, it would be unlikely you could break the barrior sucessfully. But you can trust that in a short time I will accompany you back to your homes, if you so wish. Keep in mind that my letter to you stated that this would be an extended mission. I believe Aural informed you that your life would never be the same if you decided to undergo this quest."

"We're not living in good times. Chamberlin has always been led by questionable individuals who want to keep our past secret, and as little known about the surface as possible. I think they might have known about the cool spots for a while, but havent told anyone, not even the closest of their guard. My suspicions had arisen. I had a friend, Kage, another Salvager who helped me on salvages that required two riders. Anyways, He was the only person I told about the cool spots. I advised him not to tell anyone else but a week later he seemed distressed and told me he had told a Chamberlin official. One that was a close friend of his. I never saw him again after that." Zara was pacing at this point.

"There have been other things. I discovered a group of dragons down here, huddled in a dark underground cool spot. They told me they were on a mission with their riders, who left and never came back. It was apparent the dragons had been waiting for their riders for over two months. I got them back to Highland and to Chamberlin, where I was informed by an inside source that four of the five dragons were 'euthanized' while one, a guardian, has been kept for force breeding." Zara stopped, turning to face her group.

"The list doesnt end there. I've had Chamberlin monitoring me, confiscating my hauls before I could sell them, calling it 'tainted surface material'. Kage wasn't the first salvager to be executed. Dozens of others were taken out for bringing back the wrong items and 'knowing too much'. I've calculated with the way that Chamber is onto me, I don't have more than another year. Less if I prove less than useful."

Aural nuzzled Zara's hand as she continued to speak. "So, to be more clear, our mission is to find a very large cool spot that can become habitable. Cool spots smell different, and sometimes have a source of fresh water. All water outside of cool spots is polluted and undrinkable. They are also less humid and have a colder temperature. Our side mission is to explore any city we come across. You guys will love the cities, just wait. Its nothing like anything on Highland."

@kingcrubles @antibus @darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse @TiritiriMatangi
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
They took the information in. Both had heard from their respected coworkers on the increasing pulling of salvage off the workers. Neither had hands in that dealing as Haris had been placed on perimeter patrol since his father's passing. Sakarine didn't like feeling trapped, which indeed they were being a smaller dragon in the bunch, they stood no chance breaking that barrier alone. She sat wrinkle-nosed at the whole situation, only momentarily looking down at her rider's face changing and contorting to the news Zara had been telling them.

She glanced about, a very eclectic group of dragons, but could she trust them. She wondered, would Haris even want to go home after this. He could befriend any of them and have his mind flipped to stay here. She thought of her home, fiddling with her pearl, trying to fight the nerves in her. She felt Haris' hand on her side to calm her. Haris was still, almost wide-eyed at how much had gone unkown by anyone he knew on the surface. If her words were true, than this could be exactly what he'd been hoping for in his life. Something to take him from his parents mundane lives and throw something electric in it. He had really wished his pearlcatcher felt the same as he, but knew she couldn't help it. "That's horrible," he whispered under his breath in disbelief about those other dragon's fates. He felt a angry puff from Sakarine.

The smell crept up on them again, both just wanted to get going to find that 'cool spot' Ms. Hepp had spoken of. "Can you get this moving," Sakarine whispered to him. Haris stood, "I just wanted to get the introductions out of the way so we can get moving, if you don't mind, Zara." He took a breath, "I'm Haris, this is Sakarine," he tried to make eye contact with everyone, then stepped back allowing anyone else to go.
____

@GiftOfArtemis @antibus @darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
@TiritiriMatangi
They took the information in. Both had heard from their respected coworkers on the increasing pulling of salvage off the workers. Neither had hands in that dealing as Haris had been placed on perimeter patrol since his father's passing. Sakarine didn't like feeling trapped, which indeed they were being a smaller dragon in the bunch, they stood no chance breaking that barrier alone. She sat wrinkle-nosed at the whole situation, only momentarily looking down at her rider's face changing and contorting to the news Zara had been telling them.

She glanced about, a very eclectic group of dragons, but could she trust them. She wondered, would Haris even want to go home after this. He could befriend any of them and have his mind flipped to stay here. She thought of her home, fiddling with her pearl, trying to fight the nerves in her. She felt Haris' hand on her side to calm her. Haris was still, almost wide-eyed at how much had gone unkown by anyone he knew on the surface. If her words were true, than this could be exactly what he'd been hoping for in his life. Something to take him from his parents mundane lives and throw something electric in it. He had really wished his pearlcatcher felt the same as he, but knew she couldn't help it. "That's horrible," he whispered under his breath in disbelief about those other dragon's fates. He felt a angry puff from Sakarine.

The smell crept up on them again, both just wanted to get going to find that 'cool spot' Ms. Hepp had spoken of. "Can you get this moving," Sakarine whispered to him. Haris stood, "I just wanted to get the introductions out of the way so we can get moving, if you don't mind, Zara." He took a breath, "I'm Haris, this is Sakarine," he tried to make eye contact with everyone, then stepped back allowing anyone else to go.
____

@GiftOfArtemis @antibus @darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
@TiritiriMatangi
Eve listened quietly, her face hardening as Zara spoke. It was mixed feelings. She had worked for the chamberlin as Royal Guard ever since graduation, and had suspecting something was wrong. But to hear the extent of it left her tight lipped and angry. For generations their people and the dragons they trusted, and who trusted them in return, had lived thinking Chamberlin had been keeping them safe. Now Eve wasn't so sure. She looked up to her eclectic ridgeback, and though she thought he was a pain in the ***, she was heartbroken to think of what would have happened to him had she not decided to have him as her mount, or should they get caught down here on the mission. A few steps and she was back over to his foreleg, climbing up into the soft saddle at the base of his neck, her face once more composed.

Darks head turned to the people as they spoke, the gravity of the situation settling into his tiny little spec of an attention span for a moment when Zara spoke and Eve climbed back onto him. she shifted on his feet before promptly sitting his butt down and curling his tail around his legs. When the pearlcatcher spoke both he and Eve smiled to the them.

"I'm Eveline and this is Shot in the Dark. you can call me Eve and him Moron though if you like." Her voice was forced playfull but at the ridgebacks snorts, she did actually laugh till he layed down on his side, setting her horribly off balance.

"Daaarrrrrkkk It's Daaarrrkk, don't make me roll on you puny hoomnan"

"Okay Okay! Dark, He likes to be called Dark!" Eve squeeled as she tumbled from the saddle anyways, to lay on the pavement staring up at her dragon as he moved back to laying upright and than pushing up to sit again, his chin high and all hoity toity.

(( @kingcrubles @tiritirimatangi @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse ))
Eve listened quietly, her face hardening as Zara spoke. It was mixed feelings. She had worked for the chamberlin as Royal Guard ever since graduation, and had suspecting something was wrong. But to hear the extent of it left her tight lipped and angry. For generations their people and the dragons they trusted, and who trusted them in return, had lived thinking Chamberlin had been keeping them safe. Now Eve wasn't so sure. She looked up to her eclectic ridgeback, and though she thought he was a pain in the ***, she was heartbroken to think of what would have happened to him had she not decided to have him as her mount, or should they get caught down here on the mission. A few steps and she was back over to his foreleg, climbing up into the soft saddle at the base of his neck, her face once more composed.

Darks head turned to the people as they spoke, the gravity of the situation settling into his tiny little spec of an attention span for a moment when Zara spoke and Eve climbed back onto him. she shifted on his feet before promptly sitting his butt down and curling his tail around his legs. When the pearlcatcher spoke both he and Eve smiled to the them.

"I'm Eveline and this is Shot in the Dark. you can call me Eve and him Moron though if you like." Her voice was forced playfull but at the ridgebacks snorts, she did actually laugh till he layed down on his side, setting her horribly off balance.

"Daaarrrrrkkk It's Daaarrrkk, don't make me roll on you puny hoomnan"

"Okay Okay! Dark, He likes to be called Dark!" Eve squeeled as she tumbled from the saddle anyways, to lay on the pavement staring up at her dragon as he moved back to laying upright and than pushing up to sit again, his chin high and all hoity toity.

(( @kingcrubles @tiritirimatangi @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse ))
pYAz4OB.png
Sam listened in silence, absorbing the new information. He knew precious little about Chamblerlin, but he had never thought they'd kill off dragons for so petty a reason as knowing too much... He glanced up at Impala, the skydancer's violet gaze locked on the guardian and her rider. Could that have been her, if she hadn't been picked up for the farm? If she'd ended up in the service of Chamberlin instead with him, could she have been the one in danger of being killed? His heart ached at the thought and he rested his head against her warm body.

Impala looked down as she felt Sam lean against her, a soft smile pulling at her mouth as she saw the look on his face. She knew what he was thinking, she'd been with him since she was a hatchling, and they were as close as a dragon and rider could be.

They both straightened up as they heard the other pairs start to introduce themselves, Sam speaking up after the dark ridgeback had spoken.

"My name is Samael, and this is Impala. Feel free to call me Sam and her Imp if you want." He said, patting Impala's chest fondly. Impala canted her head in greeting, her gaze sweeping over the rest of the group.

@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @GiftOfArtemis @DarkLordIvy @apocalyptichorse
Sam listened in silence, absorbing the new information. He knew precious little about Chamblerlin, but he had never thought they'd kill off dragons for so petty a reason as knowing too much... He glanced up at Impala, the skydancer's violet gaze locked on the guardian and her rider. Could that have been her, if she hadn't been picked up for the farm? If she'd ended up in the service of Chamberlin instead with him, could she have been the one in danger of being killed? His heart ached at the thought and he rested his head against her warm body.

Impala looked down as she felt Sam lean against her, a soft smile pulling at her mouth as she saw the look on his face. She knew what he was thinking, she'd been with him since she was a hatchling, and they were as close as a dragon and rider could be.

They both straightened up as they heard the other pairs start to introduce themselves, Sam speaking up after the dark ridgeback had spoken.

"My name is Samael, and this is Impala. Feel free to call me Sam and her Imp if you want." He said, patting Impala's chest fondly. Impala canted her head in greeting, her gaze sweeping over the rest of the group.

@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @GiftOfArtemis @DarkLordIvy @apocalyptichorse
Aragorn-resize-by-rattus.png
Kahn let out a long slow breath. It was good to know that Rat wasn't the reason for her being chosen; she loved Rat with all her heart, but she was chosen because of him so often it drove her crazy. The news about Chamberlin was disturbing though not entirely surprising, what government isn't corrupt? Rat had... connections inside Chamberlin, but nothing about things like euthanizing dragons for any reason other than to end the suffering for medical reasons.

Rat moved closer to Kahn and rested his head on her shoulder; she automatically wrapped her arm around his head to scratch his brow. He didn't particularly like not knowing how to escape the surface, but the human girls reasons for keeping it secret were valid. Rat was aware that prior to being bought by Kahns grandmother he was heading towards a rocky future, because of his behavior when he was young. But he was also aware that as an imperial he would have escaped death, and simply been given the status equivalent of a slave of some sort. Still it disgusted him to know that the pathetic humans of the Chamberlin held so much corrupted power. Rat was also not overly happy with the amount of danger this was putting him and Kahn in.

Rat felt Kahn shift as the others began to introduce themselves. Kahn waited until Sam had given his introduction before speaking.

"Uh, hi I'm Kahn and this is Rat," She gently slapped his muzzle,"And before you ask: No my family is not filthy rich."

--@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse--
Kahn let out a long slow breath. It was good to know that Rat wasn't the reason for her being chosen; she loved Rat with all her heart, but she was chosen because of him so often it drove her crazy. The news about Chamberlin was disturbing though not entirely surprising, what government isn't corrupt? Rat had... connections inside Chamberlin, but nothing about things like euthanizing dragons for any reason other than to end the suffering for medical reasons.

Rat moved closer to Kahn and rested his head on her shoulder; she automatically wrapped her arm around his head to scratch his brow. He didn't particularly like not knowing how to escape the surface, but the human girls reasons for keeping it secret were valid. Rat was aware that prior to being bought by Kahns grandmother he was heading towards a rocky future, because of his behavior when he was young. But he was also aware that as an imperial he would have escaped death, and simply been given the status equivalent of a slave of some sort. Still it disgusted him to know that the pathetic humans of the Chamberlin held so much corrupted power. Rat was also not overly happy with the amount of danger this was putting him and Kahn in.

Rat felt Kahn shift as the others began to introduce themselves. Kahn waited until Sam had given his introduction before speaking.

"Uh, hi I'm Kahn and this is Rat," She gently slapped his muzzle,"And before you ask: No my family is not filthy rich."

--@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse--
((I don't have much time - or internet - but thank goodness for free airport wifi! Sorry if this is a bit short!))

Introductions, then. "My name is Falice. I worked as a Royal Guard for over a decade before my previous rider was unable to continue. Now I am emplyed but this girl," Falice pointed to the writhing bundle under her wing, which helpfully screeched in rage at that point, "Tally Khem. Unlike you, Miss Khan, she is filthy rich. Also not incredibly cooperative."

@kingcrubles @antibus @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
((I don't have much time - or internet - but thank goodness for free airport wifi! Sorry if this is a bit short!))

Introductions, then. "My name is Falice. I worked as a Royal Guard for over a decade before my previous rider was unable to continue. Now I am emplyed but this girl," Falice pointed to the writhing bundle under her wing, which helpfully screeched in rage at that point, "Tally Khem. Unlike you, Miss Khan, she is filthy rich. Also not incredibly cooperative."

@kingcrubles @antibus @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
sigFR.png
@kingcrubles @antibus @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @TiritiriMatangi

They were corrupt? Zach never had thought that, then again he remembered, none of Mark's team mates or their dragons were seen again either, maybe the chamberlin had executed all of them because they knew or had brought something back they didn't want the rest of the highlands to know, he clenched his fist. Alright if his brother had died down here then hed be at piece with it, but murdered for no reason other then just knowing a bit to much? no, he couldn't accept that. He sighed and composed himself before introducing himself "I'm Zachery but call me Zach please and this is my dragon Lucifer" Lucifer took the bird skull off his head and bowed before putting it back on "pleasure to meet you all"
@kingcrubles @antibus @DarkLordIvy @GiftOfArtemis @Blackcat0989 @TiritiriMatangi

They were corrupt? Zach never had thought that, then again he remembered, none of Mark's team mates or their dragons were seen again either, maybe the chamberlin had executed all of them because they knew or had brought something back they didn't want the rest of the highlands to know, he clenched his fist. Alright if his brother had died down here then hed be at piece with it, but murdered for no reason other then just knowing a bit to much? no, he couldn't accept that. He sighed and composed himself before introducing himself "I'm Zachery but call me Zach please and this is my dragon Lucifer" Lucifer took the bird skull off his head and bowed before putting it back on "pleasure to meet you all"
DVcXRyP.png
Zara froze for a minute, her hands on her hips as she looked at her group. To some, they would seem quite the ragtag bunch, but this. His was a well thought out task force. Well most of it.

Sam and Impala. A perfect bond worthy of comparison to Aural and Zara herself. Rat was speedy, and Kahn knew just how to fly him. Haris and Sakarine were dependable and intelligent. Dark could be a deadly powerhouse, especially with Eve on his back. Lucifer could be ruthless, and Zach was dedicated to the cause.

Then there was Tally Khem. Zara didn't know their strengths and weaknesses, and Zara didn't like not knowing. Still, having another ridgeback on the team wasn't a bad thing, as long as both of them knew where their alliances lay.

In a quick movement, Zara pulled out a compass and snapped it open. "Right then. We'll go to my favorite spot. It's not too far from here." She snapped it shut, turning east and heading into the thick woods. Aural followed quickly.

@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @Darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
Zara froze for a minute, her hands on her hips as she looked at her group. To some, they would seem quite the ragtag bunch, but this. His was a well thought out task force. Well most of it.

Sam and Impala. A perfect bond worthy of comparison to Aural and Zara herself. Rat was speedy, and Kahn knew just how to fly him. Haris and Sakarine were dependable and intelligent. Dark could be a deadly powerhouse, especially with Eve on his back. Lucifer could be ruthless, and Zach was dedicated to the cause.

Then there was Tally Khem. Zara didn't know their strengths and weaknesses, and Zara didn't like not knowing. Still, having another ridgeback on the team wasn't a bad thing, as long as both of them knew where their alliances lay.

In a quick movement, Zara pulled out a compass and snapped it open. "Right then. We'll go to my favorite spot. It's not too far from here." She snapped it shut, turning east and heading into the thick woods. Aural followed quickly.

@kingcrubles @antibus @TiritiriMatangi @Darklordivy @Blackcat0989 @apocalyptichorse
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
"I'm... Not sure how to respond to that." Kahn exchanged a glance with Rat who merely snorted when Falice had addressed her. Really how was one supposed to react to that? Was it a good thing or bad? Although given the situation it was probably goodish.

Kahn and Rat were silent as the last of the group introduced himself and his dragon. It was a little bit surprising that the mirror had been chosen they; weren't really known for their flight abilities which it seemed like they would be doing quiet a bit of. But of course during the fight from what she had seen Lucifer was powerful.

Rat lifted his head from Kahns shoulder when Zara spoke and started off into the trees. The imperial was not terribly happy with this; in the tight space of the woods it would be difficult to take off should the need arise. However when Kahn moved forward following Zara and Aural, Rat flicked his tail and followed.

"I'm... Not sure how to respond to that." Kahn exchanged a glance with Rat who merely snorted when Falice had addressed her. Really how was one supposed to react to that? Was it a good thing or bad? Although given the situation it was probably goodish.

Kahn and Rat were silent as the last of the group introduced himself and his dragon. It was a little bit surprising that the mirror had been chosen they; weren't really known for their flight abilities which it seemed like they would be doing quiet a bit of. But of course during the fight from what she had seen Lucifer was powerful.

Rat lifted his head from Kahns shoulder when Zara spoke and started off into the trees. The imperial was not terribly happy with this; in the tight space of the woods it would be difficult to take off should the need arise. However when Kahn moved forward following Zara and Aural, Rat flicked his tail and followed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10