Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Elemental Scratches
This suggestion is for the implementation of new Energy Stones called Elemental Scratches, adding a layer of strategy to basic gameplay. Note that this suggestion is based only on my own experiences in the coliseum, where I rely on classic eliminate strategies. Input from people who use different set ups is highly welcome. --- [img]https://i.imgur.com/vcJjXyq.png[/img] When you battle in the coliseum a large amount of your time will be spent amassing energy. For physical builds this is done with scratch. It can be compared to filler attacks in other games, whose purpose is to build towards a better attack and/or give the player something to do if nothing else is available. Now, the thing is... scratching stuff in the coli is boring. There's no tactical element to it, no variation. Often it feels like you're punished for having spent energy, rather than it building up towards unleashing a big attack. Missed an eliminate, unleashed an elemental attack, now you know what time it is! Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch (and maybe a haste buff). Scratch is an integral (if not near mandatory) part of any physical build, it's something you always have to do that offers few strategies. So let's spice that up! [img]https://i.imgur.com/QH8djEv.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/F8WWbvG.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/8Tfo6jV.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/tNsZhKe.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/egPNGcx.png[/img] Introducing the [b]elemental scratches[/b]. These are Energy Stones, one for each element, that are crafted at Baldwin by combining a regular scratch with an elemental slash stone. You can only equip a dragon with an elemental scratch that matches their element. So no wind dragons with plague scratches. They add elemental properties to your regular scratch attack. Depending on whether the enemy has an advantage or disadvantage towards said element, the attack will do slightly less/more damage and halve/double energy gained. This would add an (optional) layer of strategy for players who are bored with the current system. You can increase your damage and energy yield so long as you put some thought into your team composition and enemy elements. People could even prepare different teams for different venues to ensure maximum efficiency towards bosses. Meanwhile facing enemy compositions that have many advantages towards your team will be more of a challenge. All the while regular scratch is still 100% viable, so if you don't care about any of that, you don't have to. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kCacqpe.png[/img] Plus elemental scratches would just look really cool and add a layer of immersion. So even if the whole gameplay aspect of this post is debatable, I would love elemental scratches only for the aesthetics.
This suggestion is for the implementation of new Energy Stones called Elemental Scratches, adding a layer of strategy to basic gameplay.

Note that this suggestion is based only on my own experiences in the coliseum, where I rely on classic eliminate strategies. Input from people who use different set ups is highly welcome.

---

vcJjXyq.png

When you battle in the coliseum a large amount of your time will be spent amassing energy. For physical builds this is done with scratch. It can be compared to filler attacks in other games, whose purpose is to build towards a better attack and/or give the player something to do if nothing else is available.

Now, the thing is... scratching stuff in the coli is boring. There's no tactical element to it, no variation. Often it feels like you're punished for having spent energy, rather than it building up towards unleashing a big attack. Missed an eliminate, unleashed an elemental attack, now you know what time it is! Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch (and maybe a haste buff).

Scratch is an integral (if not near mandatory) part of any physical build, it's something you always have to do that offers few strategies. So let's spice that up!

QH8djEv.pngF8WWbvG.png8Tfo6jV.pngtNsZhKe.pngegPNGcx.png

Introducing the elemental scratches. These are Energy Stones, one for each element, that are crafted at Baldwin by combining a regular scratch with an elemental slash stone. You can only equip a dragon with an elemental scratch that matches their element. So no wind dragons with plague scratches.

They add elemental properties to your regular scratch attack. Depending on whether the enemy has an advantage or disadvantage towards said element, the attack will do slightly less/more damage and halve/double energy gained.

This would add an (optional) layer of strategy for players who are bored with the current system. You can increase your damage and energy yield so long as you put some thought into your team composition and enemy elements. People could even prepare different teams for different venues to ensure maximum efficiency towards bosses. Meanwhile facing enemy compositions that have many advantages towards your team will be more of a challenge.

All the while regular scratch is still 100% viable, so if you don't care about any of that, you don't have to.

kCacqpe.png

Plus elemental scratches would just look really cool and add a layer of immersion. So even if the whole gameplay aspect of this post is debatable, I would love elemental scratches only for the aesthetics.
Optional thing that adds depth without removing extant mechanics? Sign me the heck up!

Double bonus points for the new fun colors this opens up possibilities for- I would adore a pink Arcane scratch on my Mire Flyer even if it made setting up on certain packs harder!
Optional thing that adds depth without removing extant mechanics? Sign me the heck up!

Double bonus points for the new fun colors this opens up possibilities for- I would adore a pink Arcane scratch on my Mire Flyer even if it made setting up on certain packs harder!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

what about elemental shreds to complete the elemental basic attacks
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
I love all this plus the aesthetic look of it omg
I love all this plus the aesthetic look of it omg
i would adore this - huge support!
i would adore this - huge support!
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
Support.
Support.
I would love something like this both for aesthetics and team building. Obviously the usual Mire flyer trainer will have to stick to the neutral scratch, but this would still be nice for giving other elements a chance at different venues. Since, right now, you need base your choices off how many mages of the opposing element there are (the bosses' elements). This would be nice for farming builds, indeed! So, yeah, support!
I would love something like this both for aesthetics and team building. Obviously the usual Mire flyer trainer will have to stick to the neutral scratch, but this would still be nice for giving other elements a chance at different venues. Since, right now, you need base your choices off how many mages of the opposing element there are (the bosses' elements). This would be nice for farming builds, indeed! So, yeah, support!
5QFhSCA.png ______
Psy| FR+2| Vey/Vem/Ver| Quoi
Your local Horsemen obsessed weirdo. Pfp Dragon.
______ tZhMLLB.png
I love this idea, 100% support.

Now, as things are right now, this would take the ONE THING mages have away from them, but the current system is so badly broken and in need of an overhaul that buffs mages anyway that this doesn't prevent me from supporting the idea.
I love this idea, 100% support.

Now, as things are right now, this would take the ONE THING mages have away from them, but the current system is so badly broken and in need of an overhaul that buffs mages anyway that this doesn't prevent me from supporting the idea.
86cgLtF.png
I really adore this idea. The chance of utilizing the elements of your dragons against the others would really deepen the gameplay, even if the elemental scratches are on their own. It would also open the avenue for other ways to make the Coliseum less boring/repetitive and actually fun!
I really adore this idea. The chance of utilizing the elements of your dragons against the others would really deepen the gameplay, even if the elemental scratches are on their own. It would also open the avenue for other ways to make the Coliseum less boring/repetitive and actually fun!
ninbinarycatcher.png
ACOZFAh.png
qhK4FYS.png
This looks cool. I'd definitely get a bunch of those things for my dragons and would actually prefer them to do the same amount as a normal Scratch simply for ease with damage calculations.

Actually, not changing damage would be more helpful than not. I'm not interested in doing the math for however many venues we've got and memorizing the HP of all the critters in them.
This looks cool. I'd definitely get a bunch of those things for my dragons and would actually prefer them to do the same amount as a normal Scratch simply for ease with damage calculations.

Actually, not changing damage would be more helpful than not. I'm not interested in doing the math for however many venues we've got and memorizing the HP of all the critters in them.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?