Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Edited: ability to follow Dergs
1 2 3
Support

I have no problem with people wanting to know what's going on with any of my dragons. And if I decide to sell one then having interested people know about that, and having the opportunity to buy, is a plus, surely?

I know I've been really sad to see dragons exalted that I'd have loved to buy if I knew the owner no longer wanted, so conversely, being able to see who is following/interested in a particular dragon could also be useful, so you can say 'Hey I no longer need this dragon, are you interested in buying or adopting instead of me exalting?'.

And if there's a disable feature, then people who do find it intrusive can do that.
Support

I have no problem with people wanting to know what's going on with any of my dragons. And if I decide to sell one then having interested people know about that, and having the opportunity to buy, is a plus, surely?

I know I've been really sad to see dragons exalted that I'd have loved to buy if I knew the owner no longer wanted, so conversely, being able to see who is following/interested in a particular dragon could also be useful, so you can say 'Hey I no longer need this dragon, are you interested in buying or adopting instead of me exalting?'.

And if there's a disable feature, then people who do find it intrusive can do that.
I have CFS/ME and sometimes my brain decides things are too hard.
[quote name="Spidergirl" date="2022-02-11 01:39:18" ] Support I have no problem with people wanting to know what's going on with any of my dragons. And if I decide to sell one then having interested people know about that, and having the opportunity to buy, is a plus, surely? I know I've been really sad to see dragons exalted that I'd have loved to buy if I knew the owner no longer wanted, so conversely, being able to see who is following/interested in a particular dragon could also be useful, so you can say 'Hey I no longer need this dragon, are you interested in buying or adopting instead of me exalting?'. And if there's a disable feature, then people who do find it intrusive can do that. [/quote] beautifully put and I'd fully support under those terms! :)
Spidergirl wrote on 2022-02-11 01:39:18:
Support

beautifully put and I'd fully support under those terms! :)
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
No support because the devs wouldn't allow a disable button. Look at likes...
I’d be cool with a bookmark feature that allows you to bookmark any page on the site, including dragons, as long as it doesn’t send any notification to the owner of the dragon. I wouldn’t want a feature that only follows/bookmarks a dragon. I feel such a thing would come with a site-sanctioned implication that all dragons are a subject of ”public” interest and everyone needs to have easy access to see what happens to any given dragon. I like that my lair feels semi-private, and not like some gallery people are meant to visit and interact with.
I’d be cool with a bookmark feature that allows you to bookmark any page on the site, including dragons, as long as it doesn’t send any notification to the owner of the dragon. I wouldn’t want a feature that only follows/bookmarks a dragon. I feel such a thing would come with a site-sanctioned implication that all dragons are a subject of ”public” interest and everyone needs to have easy access to see what happens to any given dragon. I like that my lair feels semi-private, and not like some gallery people are meant to visit and interact with.
[quote name="Beastface" date="2022-02-11 04:40:57" ] I’d be cool with a bookmark feature that allows you to bookmark any page on the site, including dragons, as long as it doesn’t send any notification to the owner of the dragon. I wouldn’t want a feature that only follows/bookmarks a dragon. I feel such a thing would come with a site-sanctioned implication that all dragons are a subject of ”public” interest and everyone needs to have easy access to see what happens to any given dragon. I like that my lair feels semi-private, and not like some gallery people are meant to visit and interact with. [/quote] This sums up my thoughts nicely. No support for a dragon specific system, but rather for a site wide system that allows any page to be bookmarked and no notifications sent out.
Beastface wrote on 2022-02-11 04:40:57:
This sums up my thoughts nicely.

No support for a dragon specific system, but rather for a site wide system that allows any page to be bookmarked and no notifications sent out.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-02-11 06:52:46" ] [quote name="Beastface" date="2022-02-11 04:40:57" ] I’d be cool with a bookmark feature that allows you to bookmark any page on the site, including dragons, as long as it doesn’t send any notification to the owner of the dragon. I wouldn’t want a feature that only follows/bookmarks a dragon. I feel such a thing would come with a site-sanctioned implication that all dragons are a subject of ”public” interest and everyone needs to have easy access to see what happens to any given dragon. I like that my lair feels semi-private, and not like some gallery people are meant to visit and interact with. [/quote] This sums up my thoughts nicely. No support for a dragon specific system, but rather for a site wide system that allows any page to be bookmarked and no notifications sent out. [/quote] And here I thought that was just being greedy! :)
Jemadar wrote on 2022-02-11 06:52:46:
Beastface wrote on 2022-02-11 04:40:57:
This sums up my thoughts nicely.

No support for a dragon specific system, but rather for a site wide system that allows any page to be bookmarked and no notifications sent out.

And here I thought that was just being greedy! :)
[quote name="Ais" date="2022-02-11 02:11:00" ] No support because the devs wouldn't allow a disable button. Look at likes... [/quote] have they said this somewhere? I know it would not be feasible on an individual dragon level but on an entire lair or on specific tabs it might be (I would be worried it would interfere with the lairs ability to use the auction house, forumes and other 'public' spaces
Ais wrote on 2022-02-11 02:11:00:

have they said this somewhere? I know it would not be feasible on an individual dragon level but on an entire lair or on specific tabs it might be (I would be worried it would interfere with the lairs ability to use the auction house, forumes and other 'public' spaces
[quote name="temperama" date="2022-02-11 07:33:11" ] [quote name="Ais" date="2022-02-11 02:11:00" ] No support because the devs wouldn't allow a disable button. Look at likes... [/quote] have they said this somewhere? I know it would not be feasible on an individual dragon level but on an entire lair or on specific tabs it might be (I would be worried it would interfere with the lairs ability to use the auction house, forumes and other 'public' spaces [/quote] The issue is that the developers are somewhat notorious for not allowing 'let me opt out of this feature'. With the Eyes some people are uncomfortable with certain eyes (plague and shadow primal, multigaze) but the only way to 'opt out' is to buy an item after the fact and slap it on the dragon. With baldwin notifications, you can't 'opt out' of recieving them, which makes some people upset, because they feel they can check baldwin on their own just fine and don't need a notification for it and don't want it. With likes, you can only hide them, despite one of the main things in most likes suggestion threads (even before the likes feature was moved to in house) was that people wanted to be able to 'opt out' and not get likes on dragons. I am sure that with Arlo, you cannot 'opt out' of the notifications, so the only way to prevent getting them is just not use the feature. So basically, there is a history of features being added, and only after the fact (the revert to common scroll for eyes was added later, and I think the hide likes may have been, but I can't remember whether iit was or not) were the options added, and those 'options' weren't what people had been asking for, OR just never gotten the option to opt out. Which is why you will see stuff like what you quoted, because it is likely that there wouldn't be an 'opt out' button on it, even for whole lairs. As for wanting it to be site wide, to me having it only be for dragons is very limiting. There are many threads that get buried (guide threads especially that aren't constantly bumped) that I want to keep track of, I might want to keep track of database pages, but I have literally hundreds if not thousands of bookmarks on my browser. I probably have bookmarks I haven't visited in literal decades. I try to get them organized, but they still are easy to miss, and it doesn't help me if I ever have to use someone else's device. Because those bookmarks are only on my computer. But, I also rarely want to go back and look at dragons. They often don't have information I want to review multiple times, and most dragons I can simply 'recreate' so I just note down the pertinent information about them and move on. So a 'dragon' bookmarking system would be nearly completely useless, if not completely useless to me.
temperama wrote on 2022-02-11 07:33:11:
Ais wrote on 2022-02-11 02:11:00:

have they said this somewhere? I know it would not be feasible on an individual dragon level but on an entire lair or on specific tabs it might be (I would be worried it would interfere with the lairs ability to use the auction house, forumes and other 'public' spaces
The issue is that the developers are somewhat notorious for not allowing 'let me opt out of this feature'.

With the Eyes some people are uncomfortable with certain eyes (plague and shadow primal, multigaze) but the only way to 'opt out' is to buy an item after the fact and slap it on the dragon.

With baldwin notifications, you can't 'opt out' of recieving them, which makes some people upset, because they feel they can check baldwin on their own just fine and don't need a notification for it and don't want it.

With likes, you can only hide them, despite one of the main things in most likes suggestion threads (even before the likes feature was moved to in house) was that people wanted to be able to 'opt out' and not get likes on dragons.

I am sure that with Arlo, you cannot 'opt out' of the notifications, so the only way to prevent getting them is just not use the feature.

So basically, there is a history of features being added, and only after the fact (the revert to common scroll for eyes was added later, and I think the hide likes may have been, but I can't remember whether iit was or not) were the options added, and those 'options' weren't what people had been asking for, OR just never gotten the option to opt out.

Which is why you will see stuff like what you quoted, because it is likely that there wouldn't be an 'opt out' button on it, even for whole lairs.

As for wanting it to be site wide, to me having it only be for dragons is very limiting. There are many threads that get buried (guide threads especially that aren't constantly bumped) that I want to keep track of, I might want to keep track of database pages, but I have literally hundreds if not thousands of bookmarks on my browser. I probably have bookmarks I haven't visited in literal decades. I try to get them organized, but they still are easy to miss, and it doesn't help me if I ever have to use someone else's device. Because those bookmarks are only on my computer.

But, I also rarely want to go back and look at dragons. They often don't have information I want to review multiple times, and most dragons I can simply 'recreate' so I just note down the pertinent information about them and move on. So a 'dragon' bookmarking system would be nearly completely useless, if not completely useless to me.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3