Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Characters you headcanon as autistic?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19
[quote name="Leisurely" date="2022-01-25 07:52:19" ] @beetrixe [color=cadetblue] I absolutely adore Prowl, he's been one of my favorites for a decade now and hes one of the dozen or so classic G1 characters that have been popular since day 1 because he stood out in the crowd from the stuff I mentioned before ^o^ Yep it's about as blatant as you can get without actually saying it, and I greatly appreciate that. Sometimes a character is just heavily coded without it even being intentional haha I think Prowl is one of them. And thank you IDW did pretty great tbh, there's some aspects of how they treated their version of Prowl that I do not like at all [i](Making it seem like his logical way of thinking is bad, not giving him chances of redemption like other 'morally grey' characters, making it seem like when people punch him in anger [Even Optimus Prime HIMSELF] that its fine bc he deserved it etc)[/i] but for the most part I enjoy it a lot and I'm happy Prowl got more characterization and time on screen. And yes, I absolutely agree vibes alone are enough, but I say that because it just makes it a little more tangible when canon shows it [i]does[/i] have the possibility to be real! Also just for fun, Prowl is a legendary table flipper. Please observe (Featuring Fortress Maximus); [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/179/015/ab5.jpg[/img] [/quote] HFHGBHFGBFHGBHFHGBH i love the table flipping thing that's so good haha!! i do agree wholeheartedly that a basis in canon can make headcanons more tangible, as well!! for me personally it also makes them easier to explain when i tell people about them sometimes ^^' i'm glad you enjoy his IDW characterization for the most part, although some aspects of it, the ones you mentioned, do seem pretty unfair :^(
Leisurely wrote on 2022-01-25 07:52:19:
@beetrixe
I absolutely adore Prowl, he's been one of my favorites for a decade now and hes one of the dozen or so classic G1 characters that have been popular since day 1 because he stood out in the crowd from the stuff I mentioned before ^o^
Yep it's about as blatant as you can get without actually saying it, and I greatly appreciate that. Sometimes a character is just heavily coded without it even being intentional haha I think Prowl is one of them. And thank you

IDW did pretty great tbh, there's some aspects of how they treated their version of Prowl that I do not like at all (Making it seem like his logical way of thinking is bad, not giving him chances of redemption like other 'morally grey' characters, making it seem like when people punch him in anger [Even Optimus Prime HIMSELF] that its fine bc he deserved it etc) but for the most part I enjoy it a lot and I'm happy Prowl got more characterization and time on screen. And yes, I absolutely agree vibes alone are enough, but I say that because it just makes it a little more tangible when canon shows it does have the possibility to be real!

Also just for fun, Prowl is a legendary table flipper. Please observe (Featuring Fortress Maximus);
ab5.jpg

HFHGBHFGBFHGBHFHGBH i love the table flipping thing that's so good haha!!

i do agree wholeheartedly that a basis in canon can make headcanons more tangible, as well!! for me personally it also makes them easier to explain when i tell people about them sometimes ^^' i'm glad you enjoy his IDW characterization for the most part, although some aspects of it, the ones you mentioned, do seem pretty unfair :^(
i am the swift, up-flinging rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
i am the day transcending night.
- clare harner, "immortality"

fandragons are in the "the motel" tab!
every single one of my OCs is autistic because I'm autistic and I say so

But as for other characters:
- Wayne and Dary from Letterkenny
- Karl Heisenberg from Resident Evil 8
- Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
- Starflight from Wings of Fire
- Colin Robinson from What We Do in the Shadows (I understand that this might be a bit of a harmful stereotype, but let's be real... it's true lol. I sometimes can't stop rambling about special interests until it's clear that the people around me are uninterested/getting annoyed)
every single one of my OCs is autistic because I'm autistic and I say so

But as for other characters:
- Wayne and Dary from Letterkenny
- Karl Heisenberg from Resident Evil 8
- Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
- Starflight from Wings of Fire
- Colin Robinson from What We Do in the Shadows (I understand that this might be a bit of a harmful stereotype, but let's be real... it's true lol. I sometimes can't stop rambling about special interests until it's clear that the people around me are uninterested/getting annoyed)
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
[quote name="beetrixe" date="2022-01-25 07:15:57" ] [quote name="fnich" date="2022-01-18 18:07:53" ] I consume like one new piece of media per year so this list has hardly changed but Jotaro Kujo (JJBA) Noriaki Kakyoin (JJBA) Kars (JJBA) Josuk8 definitely isn’t neurotypical Rei Ryugazaki (Free!) Haruka Nanase (Free!) N (Pokémon Black and White) Twilight Sparkle (MLP:FiM) Tenya Iida (My Hero Academia) Judah (BoJack Horseman) [/quote] OMGGGG TWILIGHT SPARKLE SO TRUE......and n too, i didn't even think about kakyoin but i see it!! i can also see where you're coming from with iida, across the board all of these are really good and i like them a lot!! josuk8 too, there is not a single character on this list (or in this thread tbh) who is Not super valid!!! oh yeah—and don't worry, i'm pretty slow to get into new media too, so that's totally alright!! /gen [/quote] Kakyoin's backstory could very easily be read as a metaphor for growing up autistic, wanting to make friends but everyone just thinks you're weird, and finally making friends who understand you... or that's how it affected me, anyway. And I don't know if I could call Josuk8 autistic specifically, since the exact wiring of his brain [spoiler]being a fusion of two bodies and all[/spoiler] isn't exactly possible in real life. But there's no way someone with such a brain is neurotypical. And Iida... literally stims. I don't know what else you could call his arm gestures.
beetrixe wrote on 2022-01-25 07:15:57:
fnich wrote on 2022-01-18 18:07:53:
I consume like one new piece of media per year so this list has hardly changed but

Jotaro Kujo (JJBA)
Noriaki Kakyoin (JJBA)
Kars (JJBA)
Josuk8 definitely isn’t neurotypical
Rei Ryugazaki (Free!)
Haruka Nanase (Free!)
N (Pokémon Black and White)
Twilight Sparkle (MLP:FiM)
Tenya Iida (My Hero Academia)
Judah (BoJack Horseman)

OMGGGG TWILIGHT SPARKLE SO TRUE......and n too, i didn't even think about kakyoin but i see it!! i can also see where you're coming from with iida, across the board all of these are really good and i like them a lot!! josuk8 too, there is not a single character on this list (or in this thread tbh) who is Not super valid!!!

oh yeah—and don't worry, i'm pretty slow to get into new media too, so that's totally alright!! /gen
Kakyoin's backstory could very easily be read as a metaphor for growing up autistic, wanting to make friends but everyone just thinks you're weird, and finally making friends who understand you... or that's how it affected me, anyway. And I don't know if I could call Josuk8 autistic specifically, since the exact wiring of his brain being a fusion of two bodies and all isn't exactly possible in real life. But there's no way someone with such a brain is neurotypical.

And Iida... literally stims. I don't know what else you could call his arm gestures.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY CHARACTERS I PROJECT ONTO AND HEADCANON THEM AS AUTISTIC. OH MY GOD. HERE WE GO.

— Wilt (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Eduardo (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Coco (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Cheese (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Goo (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Bloppy Pants (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Homestar Runner (Homestar Runner)
— Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)
— Strong Sad (Homestar Runner)
— Homsar (Homestar Runner)
— Coach Z (Homestar Runner)
— The Cheat (Homestar Runner)
— Rob (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Ocho Tootmorsel (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Penny Fitzgerald (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Sussie (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Chuck (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Red (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Bomb (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Silver (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Courtney (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Oh (Home)
— Robot DeFault (Robot And Monster)
— Monster Krumholtz (Robot And Monster)
— Ogo (Robot And Monster)
— Kwazii (Octonauts)
— Captain Barnacles (Octonauts)
— Peso (Octonauts)
— Dashi (Octonauts)
— Tweak (Octonauts)
— Shellington (Octonauts)
— Professor Inkling (Octonauts)
— Scaredy Bat (Ruby Gloom)
— Skull Boy (Ruby Gloom)

… And I think that’s all for now..? I’m pretty sure I have more but take those for now lol
YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY CHARACTERS I PROJECT ONTO AND HEADCANON THEM AS AUTISTIC. OH MY GOD. HERE WE GO.

— Wilt (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Eduardo (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Coco (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Cheese (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Goo (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Bloppy Pants (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends)
— Homestar Runner (Homestar Runner)
— Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)
— Strong Sad (Homestar Runner)
— Homsar (Homestar Runner)
— Coach Z (Homestar Runner)
— The Cheat (Homestar Runner)
— Rob (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Ocho Tootmorsel (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Penny Fitzgerald (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Sussie (The Amazing World Of Gumball)
— Chuck (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Red (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Bomb (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Silver (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Courtney (The Angry Birds Movie)
— Oh (Home)
— Robot DeFault (Robot And Monster)
— Monster Krumholtz (Robot And Monster)
— Ogo (Robot And Monster)
— Kwazii (Octonauts)
— Peso (Octonauts)
— Dashi (Octonauts)
— Tweak (Octonauts)
— Scaredy Bat (Ruby Gloom)
— Skull Boy (Ruby Gloom)

… And I think that’s all for now..? I’m pretty sure I have more but take those for now lol
chaogarden.gif
Edward Scissorhands, one of my all-time favorite characters I love him

I don't have the words to explain rn but he is
Edward Scissorhands, one of my all-time favorite characters I love him

I don't have the words to explain rn but he is
Webp-net-resizeimage-2.png
Paul Matthews from Hatchetfield is autistic, and the entire fandom collectively agrees on that.
I’m not sure if this would count for this thread, but his wife, Emma Perkins, has ADHD because I said so
Paul Matthews from Hatchetfield is autistic, and the entire fandom collectively agrees on that.
I’m not sure if this would count for this thread, but his wife, Emma Perkins, has ADHD because I said so
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
jazz from danny phantom
her and danny r autism/adhd solidarity
jazz from danny phantom
her and danny r autism/adhd solidarity
} pings encouraged! i'm subbed to a lot of threads {

} check out my avatar dragon! {

} i forget things easily, please ping/PM me if i haven't responded in a few days {
Someone else mentioned Jonathan Sims from The Magnus Archives - can confirm, the man seems very autistic-coded. Was the weird socially awkward kid who grew up into the weird socially awkward adult who constantly feels out of his depth. Infodumped for an hour about emulsifiers at a friend's birthday party. Fixates on work, seems not to properly process bodily needs and inputs. Also rode a carousel as an adult and found it "thrilling". I doubt this man is neurotypical.

Alana Maxwell from Wolf 359 is another probably-autistic (maybe ADHD?) podcast character. Certainly she experiences hyperfixations, in the "hyperfocused on a single activity for 12 to 36 hours" kind of way, and she seems to be better able to empathize with machines rather than humans.

The biologist from Annihilation (the book, not the movie) seems like she could be on the spectrum as well, but the evidence is more based in my own experiences: she's detached from society and has a rich inner life, but struggles to recognize that others do as well. She has a very methodical, pragmatic manner of thinking, and is deeply observant in a way I've noticed neurotypical people tend to find weird. The way she can utterly absorb herself in observation and nature is something I can relate to. Like the rest of the book, it's not something I can really put into words - I'd have to explain it via telepathy.

Oh yeah, and the version of Sherlock Holmes depicted in the Elementary television show is wildly autistic. He's got the usual abnormal modes of focus and interest, and his body positioning is all stiff and bizzare in a manner I don't see in neurotypical people. His approach to social behavior and understanding is analytical, rather than intuitive, and he's straight up admitted he finds the modern world so much of a sensory nightmare that he's had to resort to chemical means to quiet it. He also, like, vibrates with the sort of nervous but determined intensity I experience all the time.
Someone else mentioned Jonathan Sims from The Magnus Archives - can confirm, the man seems very autistic-coded. Was the weird socially awkward kid who grew up into the weird socially awkward adult who constantly feels out of his depth. Infodumped for an hour about emulsifiers at a friend's birthday party. Fixates on work, seems not to properly process bodily needs and inputs. Also rode a carousel as an adult and found it "thrilling". I doubt this man is neurotypical.

Alana Maxwell from Wolf 359 is another probably-autistic (maybe ADHD?) podcast character. Certainly she experiences hyperfixations, in the "hyperfocused on a single activity for 12 to 36 hours" kind of way, and she seems to be better able to empathize with machines rather than humans.

The biologist from Annihilation (the book, not the movie) seems like she could be on the spectrum as well, but the evidence is more based in my own experiences: she's detached from society and has a rich inner life, but struggles to recognize that others do as well. She has a very methodical, pragmatic manner of thinking, and is deeply observant in a way I've noticed neurotypical people tend to find weird. The way she can utterly absorb herself in observation and nature is something I can relate to. Like the rest of the book, it's not something I can really put into words - I'd have to explain it via telepathy.

Oh yeah, and the version of Sherlock Holmes depicted in the Elementary television show is wildly autistic. He's got the usual abnormal modes of focus and interest, and his body positioning is all stiff and bizzare in a manner I don't see in neurotypical people. His approach to social behavior and understanding is analytical, rather than intuitive, and he's straight up admitted he finds the modern world so much of a sensory nightmare that he's had to resort to chemical means to quiet it. He also, like, vibrates with the sort of nervous but determined intensity I experience all the time.
vojnGCQ.png
[quote name="M1ME2F1VE" date="2022-02-07 15:32:57" ] — Kwazii (Octonauts) — Captain Barnacles (Octonauts) — Peso (Octonauts) — Dashi (Octonauts) — Tweak (Octonauts) — Shellington (Octonauts) — Professor Inkling (Octonauts) [/quote] I USED TO LOVE OCTONAUTS AND YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ALL SEEM NON NEUROTYPICAL THINKING ABOUT IT
M1ME2F1VE wrote on 2022-02-07 15:32:57:
— Kwazii (Octonauts)
— Peso (Octonauts)
— Dashi (Octonauts)
— Tweak (Octonauts)
I USED TO LOVE OCTONAUTS AND YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ALL SEEM NON NEUROTYPICAL THINKING ABOUT IT
zdkBiZa.png
first one i can think of is urianger from ffxiv. as an autistic person, i relate a LOT to him, so maybe i’m reflecting. but his mannerisms, way of speaking and his backstory makes me hc him as such.

marina from splatoon is also autistic sorry i don’t make the rules

l from death note is also very heavily coded as autistic. as a dirty l kinnie i humbly approve
first one i can think of is urianger from ffxiv. as an autistic person, i relate a LOT to him, so maybe i’m reflecting. but his mannerisms, way of speaking and his backstory makes me hc him as such.

marina from splatoon is also autistic sorry i don’t make the rules

l from death note is also very heavily coded as autistic. as a dirty l kinnie i humbly approve
wqnTQE2.png · they/them
· intp - aquarius
· autistic
· sales tab
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19