Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The manes were changed back
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Honestly I'm SO glad that revision won. Because now no one's dragons have been changed. But goodness, it makes me so anxious to think how many people were willing to change everyone else's dragons just for a little bit of sparkle. Like, if everyone was so upset that your Obelisk changed, why would you then turn around and try to change someone else's beloved dragon too? I just doesn't make sense to me. Not an attack on anyone, I just don't see the logic in it.

I do hope we get a sparkle tertiary though. Firefly is... fine but a little too faded and I kinda don't like the little bugs. Just some nice vivid little sparkles in whatever color would be nice. Or just more sparkly primaries/secondaries in general. For treasure and baldwin. Gem genes already got enough sparkles, lol.
Honestly I'm SO glad that revision won. Because now no one's dragons have been changed. But goodness, it makes me so anxious to think how many people were willing to change everyone else's dragons just for a little bit of sparkle. Like, if everyone was so upset that your Obelisk changed, why would you then turn around and try to change someone else's beloved dragon too? I just doesn't make sense to me. Not an attack on anyone, I just don't see the logic in it.

I do hope we get a sparkle tertiary though. Firefly is... fine but a little too faded and I kinda don't like the little bugs. Just some nice vivid little sparkles in whatever color would be nice. Or just more sparkly primaries/secondaries in general. For treasure and baldwin. Gem genes already got enough sparkles, lol.
9d21b9f3b3688b826fe1b99c787d3f75d8ae1a82.png
I voted sparkles, but am perfectly fine with this outcome too, considering a few days ago this is what we had.
I voted sparkles, but am perfectly fine with this outcome too, considering a few days ago this is what we had.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Vertibird" date="2022-01-01 12:11:40" ] I kinda hope the devs take the results of the poll and think about creating a tertiary gene that adds some sparkle, since clearly a lot of the userbase is very interested in having an option for their dragons to be sparkly! Call it Flash to match Flaunt and Flair. Glitter with a gradient of the tertiary color on certain body parts or something similar. [/quote] Flourish!
Vertibird wrote on 2022-01-01 12:11:40:
I kinda hope the devs take the results of the poll and think about creating a tertiary gene that adds some sparkle, since clearly a lot of the userbase is very interested in having an option for their dragons to be sparkly!

Call it Flash to match Flaunt and Flair. Glitter with a gradient of the tertiary color on certain body parts or something similar.
Flourish!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Facinarose" date="2022-01-01 12:22:04" ] Though, I must wonder... if there was a poll on sparkle manes vs no sparkle manes, without touching on color, which way would the poll go? :thonk: [/quote] Yes, I would have liked the sparkle option (added to the other breeds, Obelisk keeping theirs either way) was a completely different section of the poll and the first vote options were just for the color combos.
Facinarose wrote on 2022-01-01 12:22:04:
Though, I must wonder... if there was a poll on sparkle manes vs no sparkle manes, without touching on color, which way would the poll go? :thonk:

Yes, I would have liked the sparkle option (added to the other breeds, Obelisk keeping theirs either way) was a completely different section of the poll and the first vote options were just for the color combos.

4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="RobotMothPie" date="2022-01-01 12:29:05" ]Like, if everyone was so upset that your Obelisk changed, why would you then turn around and try to change someone else's beloved dragon too? I just doesn't make sense to me. Not an attack on anyone, I just don't see the logic in it.[/quote] Because the poll was 'what would you like to see', not 'what do you think other users would want'? I wanted the sparkle option and voted for it because I thought it looked heaps better than the other option, it's not deeper than that.
RobotMothPie wrote on 2022-01-01 12:29:05:
Like, if everyone was so upset that your Obelisk changed, why would you then turn around and try to change someone else's beloved dragon too? I just doesn't make sense to me. Not an attack on anyone, I just don't see the logic in it.
Because the poll was 'what would you like to see', not 'what do you think other users would want'? I wanted the sparkle option and voted for it because I thought it looked heaps better than the other option, it's not deeper than that.
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
To me, this is the outcome where the least amount of people lose. No one's dragons that already exist get changed, and I am so thrilled with that. I am so delighted to have my beloved Sincerity back too! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69521890][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695219/69521890_350.png[/img][/url]
To me, this is the outcome where the least amount of people lose. No one's dragons that already exist get changed, and I am so thrilled with that.

I am so delighted to have my beloved Sincerity back too!
69521890_350.png
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
Ooof, I'm really glad we'll only have those horrible gradients on Obelisks. Wouldn't want my other dragons ruined with those insane gradients. Some more sparkle would have been nice but since the color gradient that actually makes any sense + sparkles was never an option, I'm glad we got the current result.
Ooof, I'm really glad we'll only have those horrible gradients on Obelisks. Wouldn't want my other dragons ruined with those insane gradients. Some more sparkle would have been nice but since the color gradient that actually makes any sense + sparkles was never an option, I'm glad we got the current result.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
Yeah, I wanted everyone to get the Obelisk gradient/sparkles because I do like most of the Obelisk gradients better (and because I think male Tundras in particular would've really benefited from it) BUT felt bad voting for that when it would change already existing people's dragons to something they may not have wanted/bred for.

People were upset enough about their planned Obelisks having totally different color shifts in most cases. All sparkle would've been the same thing but with the other breeds changing and ruining those projects in their owners' opinions. This way at least it goes back to how it was before and we only lose what we never had.
Yeah, I wanted everyone to get the Obelisk gradient/sparkles because I do like most of the Obelisk gradients better (and because I think male Tundras in particular would've really benefited from it) BUT felt bad voting for that when it would change already existing people's dragons to something they may not have wanted/bred for.

People were upset enough about their planned Obelisks having totally different color shifts in most cases. All sparkle would've been the same thing but with the other breeds changing and ruining those projects in their owners' opinions. This way at least it goes back to how it was before and we only lose what we never had.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
I’m glad they went with just reverting the genes only on Obelisks. I didn’t want the other breeds to change as I like the way their manes look.

If anything, they should just make a separate tertiary gene with sparkles instead.
I’m glad they went with just reverting the genes only on Obelisks. I didn’t want the other breeds to change as I like the way their manes look.

If anything, they should just make a separate tertiary gene with sparkles instead.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I'm so, so happy!

My obes are beautiful and matchy once again!
I'm so, so happy!

My obes are beautiful and matchy once again!
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13