Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | [Hiatus]Valiant Frontier - a MonHun ARPG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
@Fushide

Erratic as he always is, Kiki swiftly procures the coin pouch into his clutches, claws darting in and out in a blurred motion to separate the sum of the goods onto the counter. He double-checks his work in just a second's time, finally sweeping the total into a drawer behind his ramshackle counter and taking Himmel's hands into his own to shake, almost sending the goods flying. "Thank you! Thank you!! Please come again sometime soon!!"

(tysm! Same here, either is fine for me! I'll go ahead and equip those things and write them down ^^)

Edit: I am a buffoon. 22kt is the total xD;;
@Fushide

Erratic as he always is, Kiki swiftly procures the coin pouch into his clutches, claws darting in and out in a blurred motion to separate the sum of the goods onto the counter. He double-checks his work in just a second's time, finally sweeping the total into a drawer behind his ramshackle counter and taking Himmel's hands into his own to shake, almost sending the goods flying. "Thank you! Thank you!! Please come again sometime soon!!"

(tysm! Same here, either is fine for me! I'll go ahead and equip those things and write them down ^^)

Edit: I am a buffoon. 22kt is the total xD;;
left_anim_a.gif adoptables.png
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
i also had Christmas dinner today, hope you had a good meal! :]
--
ouuah i love the teal on him <3
also question: isn't there an ID number associated with our monsters that we have to know? and are we supposed to know the names of their colors for breeding purposes?

aaaand one last thing, i would like to buy 1 Sawtooth Necklace and equip it please!
i also had Christmas dinner today, hope you had a good meal! :]
--
ouuah i love the teal on him <3
also question: isn't there an ID number associated with our monsters that we have to know? and are we supposed to know the names of their colors for breeding purposes?

aaaand one last thing, i would like to buy 1 Sawtooth Necklace and equip it please!
@Dawkosaur
Thank you so much! I hope yours was good as well!!

If you peek just above the map of the world on the first post, there's a handy link that takes you to a spreadsheet with all of the current monsters' statistics on them, including ID, colors, skills, et cetera! On PC, you can Ctrl+F and search for your username, and it will show you your owned monsters :D Not sure about how to do it on the app, or mobile in general... I haven't touched it in a minute, admittedly;;

and, you certainly may! Only 6kt for the bugger :]
@Dawkosaur
Thank you so much! I hope yours was good as well!!

If you peek just above the map of the world on the first post, there's a handy link that takes you to a spreadsheet with all of the current monsters' statistics on them, including ID, colors, skills, et cetera! On PC, you can Ctrl+F and search for your username, and it will show you your owned monsters :D Not sure about how to do it on the app, or mobile in general... I haven't touched it in a minute, admittedly;;

and, you certainly may! Only 6kt for the bugger :]
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
@Malzykins Himmel responds to the handshake with equal enthusiasm, finding Kiki's joy infectious. Leaving with a promise to visit again soon she slips her new necklace over her head and steps into the bustle of the town. Pushing her way through crowds of other monsters, an imposing wall littered with papers catches Himmel's attention. The carved letters along the top, announcing Quest Board, pique her curiosity enough to try and move closer. As soon as the weathered surface is within reach she snatches the nearest paper and slips off to the side, choosing a quieter place to read what she's grabbed. ... A feral Rathian, eh? Himmel reaches up to toy with the teeth on her necklace. This will be interesting. ~ Saw you got my merchant CR, so now... YOU KNOW WHATS NEXT >:D [quote name=Questing] I would like to send [b]Himmel #003[/b] on the Slaying Quest for [b]Terrified Tzitzi[/b]! (Objective: slay a Rathian) [/quote] It is rather late for me so I probably won't check back until tomorrow, no rush for this! One tiny question about the art/writing options; that's something I do after you've confirmed I take the quest, correct? Been awhile since I've dabbled in ARPGs and questing has been handled in different ways. Excited to try out my first one here x)
@Malzykins

Himmel responds to the handshake with equal enthusiasm, finding Kiki's joy infectious. Leaving with a promise to visit again soon she slips her new necklace over her head and steps into the bustle of the town.

Pushing her way through crowds of other monsters, an imposing wall littered with papers catches Himmel's attention. The carved letters along the top, announcing Quest Board, pique her curiosity enough to try and move closer. As soon as the weathered surface is within reach she snatches the nearest paper and slips off to the side, choosing a quieter place to read what she's grabbed.

... A feral Rathian, eh? Himmel reaches up to toy with the teeth on her necklace. This will be interesting.

~

Saw you got my merchant CR, so now... YOU KNOW WHATS NEXT >:D
Questing wrote:
I would like to send Himmel #003 on the Slaying Quest for Terrified Tzitzi! (Objective: slay a Rathian)

It is rather late for me so I probably won't check back until tomorrow, no rush for this! One tiny question about the art/writing options; that's something I do after you've confirmed I take the quest, correct? Been awhile since I've dabbled in ARPGs and questing has been handled in different ways. Excited to try out my first one here x)
udj6wT1.png
aahh thank you >_<
with that, i would like to send Spongy #006 to slay a Great Girros! (will be doing this with art)
aahh thank you >_<
with that, i would like to send Spongy #006 to slay a Great Girros! (will be doing this with art)
@Malzykins Ahhh thank you so much!! I love leondra's cheddar popcorn mane!! she looks fantastic!! Also as Leondra walks to the quest board she looks at it seeing the 3 available giving her interest but then chooses the Social Quest!! [quote]Sending Leondra #007 to Social Quest for worried Maccao (Objective: Rescue Jaguar)[/quote] (ill be doing art for this quest)
@Malzykins
Ahhh thank you so much!! I love leondra's cheddar popcorn mane!! she looks fantastic!!

Also as Leondra walks to the quest board she looks at it seeing the 3 available giving her interest but then chooses the Social Quest!!
Quote:
Sending Leondra #007 to Social Quest for worried Maccao (Objective: Rescue Jaguar)
(ill be doing art for this quest)
w8o0xW1.png OrangeFloat.png
@Fushide [i]Travelling the Causeway's famous highway has been somewhat of a trek, you silently hoping that your intuition was leading you in the right direction, given the client had neglected to disclose their whereabouts in their urgent message. Turning a bend, you finally see it: a smoldered wagon--well, what appears to be the [b]remains[/b] of one, anyway--tipped onto its side, the Moofahs once pulling it onwards long gone by now, save for one nearly picked clean by a large predator some meters away from the wreckage. It's still somewhat fresh, given how what remains of its innards reflect the harsh afternoon sun. An ominous shadow works its way into your vision, coming from behind. It was huge... [b]much[/b] too big to belong to any Moofah or Tzitzi. You turn on your heels, coming face to face with a brutish, feral Rathian, who eyes you up and down. Suddenly, she rears back on her legs, spreading her wings wide before bellowing an agitated roar, not intent on letting you get away.[/i] [rule] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]! Encounter ![/font][/size] [rule] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/884635334825107546/924200825360904223/rathi.png[/img] [size=4][b]Rathian[/b][/size] [i]Level 1[/i] [b]35[/b] Health | [b]7[/b] Attack | [b]1[/b] Defense | [b]1[/b] Int. Bonus [rule] [i]Rolling Initiative...[/i] Rathian: [b]6(+1)[/b] | Himmel: [b]1(+2)[/b] [b][i]Combat Start![/i][/b] Rathian rolls [b]18[/b]! Rathian attacks! [i]Critical hit[/i]! Himmel takes [b]9[/b] damage! ([i]Health 30 -> 21[/i]) Himmel rolls [b]20[/b]! Himmel attacks! [i]Critical hit![/i] Rathian takes [b]14[/b] damage! ([i]Health 35 -> 21[/i]) Rathian rolls [b]8[/b]! Rathian attacks! Himmel takes [b]6[/b] damage! ([i]Health 21 -> 15[/i]) Himmel rolls [b]16[/b]! Himmel attacks! [i]Critical hit![/i] Rathian takes [b]14[/b] damage! ([i]Health 21 -> 7[/i]) Rathian rolls [b]9[/b]! Rathian attacks! Himmel takes [b]6[/b] damage! ([i]Health 15 -> 9[/i]) Himmel rolls [b]20[/b]! Himmel attacks! [i]Critical hit![/i] Rathian takes [b]14[/b] damage! ([i]Health 7 -> 0[/i]) [i][b]Rathian is defeated![/b][/i] [b]Himmel receives:[/b] [i]Rathian Scale x1, Rathian Shell x2, Rathian Webbing x1, Rathian Spike x1[/i] [b]Gained 50 XP![/b] [i](50/200 to next level)[/i] [rule] [/center] [i]The dust had settled, the monster reveling in her spot on the dirt as she let out one last defeated cry. You eye her for a moment, making extra certain she was truly dead, and briefly wonder how many trophies you could potentially get away with before the local scavengers catch the smell of decay. Light, rapid footsteps approach from behind, and you mentally fight the urge to pinch the bridge of your nose at the prospect of [b]another[/b] danger. The other party chooses to run in front of you, however, addressing you face-to-face. They grab your hands in theirs, shaking up and down in an exaggerated motion. [b]Where have you seen this before?[/b] It was the client, a haggard-looking Tzitzi appearing a thousand times grateful and relieved at your presence. "Thank you! Oh, thank you so much, I thought I was going to be wyvern chow!" She releases your hands and offers you a quick bow. "You have no idea how much I appreciate your help--I'm so delighted my message got through!" She flinches, suddenly remembering something as she begins to dig through a small satchel around her hip. After a brief moment passes, she plucks a shiny, iridescent coin from its confine, taking your hand once again, and placing it gently inside. "Take it," she insists. "Commune with it, and it will make you stronger. It was all that was left after that beast attacked. I hope this will suffice after all that you've done for me." [center][i][b]Received one "Bulwark I" Skill Token![/b][/i][/center] [rule] To answer your question, basically yep! Whenever you'd like after the quest is done, but before you start another quest! :D well. at least for gathering and slaying quests haha, social quests I'll confirm for you and then you do your thing [emoji=bogsneak tongue size=1] hm. thinking about it, I don't know how to incorporate double rewards for social quests, considering they require art/writing to even complete Dx maybe I can just up the anty on their rewards in the future, I'm too lazy to edit the current one haha
@Fushide

Travelling the Causeway's famous highway has been somewhat of a trek, you silently hoping that your intuition was leading you in the right direction, given the client had neglected to disclose their whereabouts in their urgent message.

Turning a bend, you finally see it: a smoldered wagon--well, what appears to be the remains of one, anyway--tipped onto its side, the Moofahs once pulling it onwards long gone by now, save for one nearly picked clean by a large predator some meters away from the wreckage. It's still somewhat fresh, given how what remains of its innards reflect the harsh afternoon sun.

An ominous shadow works its way into your vision, coming from behind. It was huge... much too big to belong to any Moofah or Tzitzi.

You turn on your heels, coming face to face with a brutish, feral Rathian, who eyes you up and down. Suddenly, she rears back on her legs, spreading her wings wide before bellowing an agitated roar, not intent on letting you get away.

! Encounter !
rathi.png

Rathian
Level 1
35 Health | 7 Attack | 1 Defense | 1 Int. Bonus
Rolling Initiative...

Rathian: 6(+1) | Himmel: 1(+2)

Combat Start!

Rathian rolls 18!
Rathian attacks! Critical hit!
Himmel takes 9 damage! (Health 30 -> 21)

Himmel rolls 20!
Himmel attacks! Critical hit!
Rathian takes 14 damage! (Health 35 -> 21)

Rathian rolls 8!
Rathian attacks!
Himmel takes 6 damage! (Health 21 -> 15)

Himmel rolls 16!
Rathian takes 14 damage! (Health 21 -> 7)

Rathian rolls 9!
Rathian attacks!
Himmel takes 6 damage! (Health 15 -> 9)

Himmel rolls 20!
Rathian takes 14 damage! (Health 7 -> 0)

Rathian is defeated!

Himmel receives:
Rathian Scale x1, Rathian Shell x2, Rathian Webbing x1, Rathian Spike x1

Gained 50 XP!
(50/200 to next level)
The dust had settled, the monster reveling in her spot on the dirt as she let out one last defeated cry. You eye her for a moment, making extra certain she was truly dead, and briefly wonder how many trophies you could potentially get away with before the local scavengers catch the smell of decay.

Light, rapid footsteps approach from behind, and you mentally fight the urge to pinch the bridge of your nose at the prospect of another danger. The other party chooses to run in front of you, however, addressing you face-to-face. They grab your hands in theirs, shaking up and down in an exaggerated motion. Where have you seen this before?

It was the client, a haggard-looking Tzitzi appearing a thousand times grateful and relieved at your presence. "Thank you! Oh, thank you so much, I thought I was going to be wyvern chow!" She releases your hands and offers you a quick bow. "You have no idea how much I appreciate your help--I'm so delighted my message got through!"

She flinches, suddenly remembering something as she begins to dig through a small satchel around her hip. After a brief moment passes, she plucks a shiny, iridescent coin from its confine, taking your hand once again, and placing it gently inside.

"Take it," she insists. "Commune with it, and it will make you stronger. It was all that was left after that beast attacked. I hope this will suffice after all that you've done for me."

Received one "Bulwark I" Skill Token!

To answer your question, basically yep! Whenever you'd like after the quest is done, but before you start another quest! :D well. at least for gathering and slaying quests haha, social quests I'll confirm for you and then you do your thing

hm. thinking about it, I don't know how to incorporate double rewards for social quests, considering they require art/writing to even complete Dx maybe I can just up the anty on their rewards in the future, I'm too lazy to edit the current one haha
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
[img]https://i.ibb.co/182j9gd/image-2021-12-25-191309.png[/img] [center][i]While charging at the Great Girros that Spongy's supposed to hunt, he accidentally trips and falls over his own claws onto it instead! Well, at least it worked just as well, right?... [/i][/center]
image-2021-12-25-191309.png
While charging at the Great Girros that Spongy's supposed to hunt, he accidentally trips and falls over his own claws onto it instead! Well, at least it worked just as well, right?...
This looks awesome. Sign me up!
Starter Monster: Great Izuchi
Monster's Name: Oscar
Monster's Gender: Male

You have two level-ups! Please place an "X" next to the stat(s) you'd like to allocate those points into.
Health:
Attack: X
Defense: X

Edit: changed my mind on where to allocate level-ups. Also, do add me to the main pinglist, please!
This looks awesome. Sign me up!
Starter Monster: Great Izuchi
Monster's Name: Oscar

You have two level-ups! Please place an "X" next to the stat(s) you'd like to allocate those points into.
Health:
Defense: X

Edit: changed my mind on where to allocate level-ups. Also, do add me to the main pinglist, please!

Starter Monster: Velocidrome
Monster's Name: North

Health: X
Defense:

Starter Monster: Velocidrome
Monster's Name: North

Health: X
Defense:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31