Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Enforce your own cosmetic forum settings
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Complete support, many types of text cause eyestrain or are rather hard to read due to background color.

Also I think a good idea might be an option to make it so that no gifs play at all. I find gifs annoying at best but I've seen a few that I had to look away from due to eyestrain. (Haven't seen too many on fr.)
At least an option to block individual signatures would be good.
Complete support, many types of text cause eyestrain or are rather hard to read due to background color.

Also I think a good idea might be an option to make it so that no gifs play at all. I find gifs annoying at best but I've seen a few that I had to look away from due to eyestrain. (Haven't seen too many on fr.)
At least an option to block individual signatures would be good.
Support, would be nice to not have to squint to be able to read some of the posts on the forum. My eyes are perfectly fine, but some of the colours, fonts, and font sizes people choose for aesthetics are entirely illegible to me and sometimes it's just not worth the headache to try and figure them out.
Would be nice if we could choose whatever works for us, that way I can stick with the default and other users can choose what works best for them.
All around just a good idea for accessibility reasons.
Support, would be nice to not have to squint to be able to read some of the posts on the forum. My eyes are perfectly fine, but some of the colours, fonts, and font sizes people choose for aesthetics are entirely illegible to me and sometimes it's just not worth the headache to try and figure them out.
Would be nice if we could choose whatever works for us, that way I can stick with the default and other users can choose what works best for them.
All around just a good idea for accessibility reasons.
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
Support.

I know some of the title fonts I use can be hard to read for some, but I do have short descriptions in the base text font underneath which tell you what's there (or a big banner in a generally readable font). Many people either don't do this or have the text coloured in a fashion which is frustrating to read.

Having fancy text here and there isn't an issue but many people take it to a point of writing in obnoxiously bright fonts which hurt the eyes or are near impossible to see. Luckily my browser converts what it can to dark mode, so forum posts look dark brown or black (which makes posts like this one of two extremes: too bright or just fine). It works (black font is turned light grey), but does make the site look weird. Even so... Most people don't have a browser setting which allows such a luxury.

TLDR; support. We need a way to easily read some of the crazy post fonts and colours that are overused.
Support.

I know some of the title fonts I use can be hard to read for some, but I do have short descriptions in the base text font underneath which tell you what's there (or a big banner in a generally readable font). Many people either don't do this or have the text coloured in a fashion which is frustrating to read.

Having fancy text here and there isn't an issue but many people take it to a point of writing in obnoxiously bright fonts which hurt the eyes or are near impossible to see. Luckily my browser converts what it can to dark mode, so forum posts look dark brown or black (which makes posts like this one of two extremes: too bright or just fine). It works (black font is turned light grey), but does make the site look weird. Even so... Most people don't have a browser setting which allows such a luxury.

TLDR; support. We need a way to easily read some of the crazy post fonts and colours that are overused.
As has been suggested before, I could easily see this being bundled up with a dark mode and remove signatures, and also help people on mobile!
As has been suggested before, I could easily see this being bundled up with a dark mode and remove signatures, and also help people on mobile!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
Support

People should be able to read posts without straining their eyes to do so
Support

People should be able to read posts without straining their eyes to do so
Support. I would also suggest an on/off switch on a forum/thread/individual post basis. I’m fine reading special text or looking at the ‘aesthetic’ of most hatcheries, for example, but abhor trying to read it in any non-sales forum. I see the need for a sales thread to catch the eye, but general posts have little need for it. I might also want to see the edited text of a coding guide, but not for most other guides in the same forum. Sometimes I might just want to see the edited main post in the thread, and not that of any of the replies.

Also would really like this for signatures as well - most don’t really bother me, but I’d rather not be distracted by them. An option to remove images from them and turn them into basic links would be nice. Might not look good, but I’d rather ugly hyperlinks than annoying images and gifs. Or an option to hide signatures entirely. Might be easier.
Support. I would also suggest an on/off switch on a forum/thread/individual post basis. I’m fine reading special text or looking at the ‘aesthetic’ of most hatcheries, for example, but abhor trying to read it in any non-sales forum. I see the need for a sales thread to catch the eye, but general posts have little need for it. I might also want to see the edited text of a coding guide, but not for most other guides in the same forum. Sometimes I might just want to see the edited main post in the thread, and not that of any of the replies.

Also would really like this for signatures as well - most don’t really bother me, but I’d rather not be distracted by them. An option to remove images from them and turn them into basic links would be nice. Might not look good, but I’d rather ugly hyperlinks than annoying images and gifs. Or an option to hide signatures entirely. Might be easier.
Bringing this back because I've been seeing a plethora of people using tiny fonts that I just can't read and therefore can't respond to. Please FR give us this ;-;
Bringing this back because I've been seeing a plethora of people using tiny fonts that I just can't read and therefore can't respond to. Please FR give us this ;-;
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
[quote name="Kutabe" date="2021-10-08 18:15:53" ] [snip] Also would really like this for signatures as well - most don’t really bother me, but I’d rather not be distracted by them. An option to remove images from them and turn them into basic links would be nice. Might not look good, but I’d rather ugly hyperlinks than annoying images and gifs. Or an option to hide signatures entirely. Might be easier. [/quote] I'm not sure how the logistics of turning images into links would work out - it might end up looking very cluttered or messy, depending. I'd [i]really[/i] like a "block/mute signature" toggle, though - animated GIFs are really distracting and I can't imagine how much worse it must be for people with more severe issues with moving/flashing images.
Kutabe wrote on 2021-10-08 18:15:53:
[snip]

I'm not sure how the logistics of turning images into links would work out - it might end up looking very cluttered or messy, depending. I'd really like a "block/mute signature" toggle, though - animated GIFs are really distracting and I can't imagine how much worse it must be for people with more severe issues with moving/flashing images.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Support! I use a dark mode CSS/stylus thing, so for me, it's not even pastels that are hard to read - it's the dark colours that people use to avoid issue on the regular site theme. (For example, the [color=indigo]indigo[/color], [color=navy]navy[/color], and [color=maroon]maroon[/color] that I've seen a lot of people use.*) But the regular site theme hurts my eyes too much to use all the time, so switching back and forth between dark mode and regular just for a single post is... Annoying and a headache at best. And personally, fonts that make the letters skinnier take a lot more strain to read as well, no matter what size they are. So the option to turn off colour, size, and font type edits altogether would be SO appreciated. *How it looks for me: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/568636037065211905/904128219521900614/unknown.png[/img]
Support! I use a dark mode CSS/stylus thing, so for me, it's not even pastels that are hard to read - it's the dark colours that people use to avoid issue on the regular site theme. (For example, the indigo, navy, and maroon that I've seen a lot of people use.*) But the regular site theme hurts my eyes too much to use all the time, so switching back and forth between dark mode and regular just for a single post is... Annoying and a headache at best.
And personally, fonts that make the letters skinnier take a lot more strain to read as well, no matter what size they are. So the option to turn off colour, size, and font type edits altogether would be SO appreciated.

*How it looks for me: unknown.png
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
Your resident thread reviver here, been seeing more and more tiny fonts pop up and it's so. hard. to read the message. I'm not going to do a bunch of zooming in just to read someone's support/no support on threads. Plus when someone responds to me with tiny font, most of the time I end up just ignoring it which only makes me feel like I'm being rude. Help FR please let us have a universal font option at the very least :(
Your resident thread reviver here, been seeing more and more tiny fonts pop up and it's so. hard. to read the message. I'm not going to do a bunch of zooming in just to read someone's support/no support on threads. Plus when someone responds to me with tiny font, most of the time I end up just ignoring it which only makes me feel like I'm being rude. Help FR please let us have a universal font option at the very least :(
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7