Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ... radioactive Arcanist statue.
1 2 3 4
Welcome to the majority of my clan lore, lol.
Welcome to the majority of my clan lore, lol.
What's a little radioactivity between friends?
What's a little radioactivity between friends?
Arcane dragons give these lovely little deity statues to non-arcane dragons they REALLY don’t like as a “gift”
Arcane dragons give these lovely little deity statues to non-arcane dragons they REALLY don’t like as a “gift”
unknown.png
[quote name="St0rmbringer" date="2021-09-27 13:07:10" ] Arcane dragons give these lovely little deity statues to non-arcane dragons they REALLY don’t like as a “gift” [/quote] ... i wonder if it would start to change the area into those crystals. kind of acting like some of those territory claiming markers in certain strategy games. plant an Arcanist statue and watch [s]everyone die[/s] the area turn into Arcane. kind of like the Wandering Contagion! but less disease slime with teeth and eyes. ... well maybe eyes? but magic ones instead of fleshy.
St0rmbringer wrote on 2021-09-27 13:07:10:

... i wonder if it would start to change the area into those crystals.
kind of acting like some of those territory claiming markers in certain strategy games.
plant an Arcanist statue and watch everyone die the area turn into Arcane.

kind of like the Wandering Contagion! but less disease slime with teeth and eyes.
... well maybe eyes? but magic ones instead of fleshy.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
Technically speaking, there IS a type of radioactive quartz out there... but it's green, on account of Uranium inclusions. Which makes it radioactive.
Technically speaking, there IS a type of radioactive quartz out there... but it's green, on account of Uranium inclusions. Which makes it radioactive.
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
@Natron any material can technically be radioactive! Most things arent, because theyre made of stable isotopes.

It's possible for there to be radioactive impurities in the chalcedony that makes up the Crystalspine reaches. Granite (a mineral that often has quartz in it or makes quartz under heat and pressure) can have naturally-occuring bits of uranium, thorium and potassium! Most isotopes of these elements are radioactive, and will undergo radioactive decay! Actually, quartz can be dated by the impurities found in it! interesting stuff :)

I know that Zirconium forms little 'pockets' around impurities! Fun fact, some of the oldest rocks in the world are Zirconium crystals in Australia! They were dated using carbon dating, which is baaasically counting the amount of a certain carbon isotope that is only formed when radioactive lead (? i think its lead at least lol) decays into it. I don't see why quartz wouldn't do a similar thing!

@BlueJaysFeather yep, most things decay into boring old lead ^w^

@Direclaw forbidden jolly rancher
@Natron any material can technically be radioactive! Most things arent, because theyre made of stable isotopes.

It's possible for there to be radioactive impurities in the chalcedony that makes up the Crystalspine reaches. Granite (a mineral that often has quartz in it or makes quartz under heat and pressure) can have naturally-occuring bits of uranium, thorium and potassium! Most isotopes of these elements are radioactive, and will undergo radioactive decay! Actually, quartz can be dated by the impurities found in it! interesting stuff :)

I know that Zirconium forms little 'pockets' around impurities! Fun fact, some of the oldest rocks in the world are Zirconium crystals in Australia! They were dated using carbon dating, which is baaasically counting the amount of a certain carbon isotope that is only formed when radioactive lead (? i think its lead at least lol) decays into it. I don't see why quartz wouldn't do a similar thing!

@BlueJaysFeather yep, most things decay into boring old lead ^w^

@Direclaw forbidden jolly rancher
SURlPKu.png
@errai omg yesss thank you so much for sharing. Funnily enough i knew most of this, but the connections between one and the other were extremely helpful. I did know about the Zirconium as well as some source mentioning Olivine being one of the oldest minerals they've ever found. I'm also sort of familiar with carbon dating through palaeontology studies, but your details really helped out, thanks!

I'm actually trying to get a sample of Thorium, Uranium and Torbernite sksbbdjs
@errai omg yesss thank you so much for sharing. Funnily enough i knew most of this, but the connections between one and the other were extremely helpful. I did know about the Zirconium as well as some source mentioning Olivine being one of the oldest minerals they've ever found. I'm also sort of familiar with carbon dating through palaeontology studies, but your details really helped out, thanks!

I'm actually trying to get a sample of Thorium, Uranium and Torbernite sksbbdjs
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-09-27 13:14:51" ] [quote name="St0rmbringer" date="2021-09-27 13:07:10" ] Arcane dragons give these lovely little deity statues to non-arcane dragons they REALLY don’t like as a “gift” [/quote] ... i wonder if it would start to change the area into those crystals. kind of acting like some of those territory claiming markers in certain strategy games. plant an Arcanist statue and watch [s]everyone die[/s] the area turn into Arcane. kind of like the Wandering Contagion! but less disease slime with teeth and eyes. ... well maybe eyes? but magic ones instead of fleshy. [/quote] Yes, I am [I]aware[/I] that this is supposed to be a shrine to the Gladekeeper, but I think the pink really improves it!
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-09-27 13:14:51:

kind of acting like some of those territory claiming markers in certain strategy games.

kind of like the Wandering Contagion! but less disease slime with teeth and eyes.
Yes, I am aware that this is supposed to be a shrine to the Gladekeeper, but I think the pink really improves it!
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
Yes, our plan to take over Sornieth is working!
Yes, our plan to take over Sornieth is working!
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
[quote name="Ketchalin" date="2021-09-28 03:57:58" ] [quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-09-27 13:14:51" ] [quote name="St0rmbringer" date="2021-09-27 13:07:10" ] Arcane dragons give these lovely little deity statues to non-arcane dragons they REALLY don’t like as a “gift” [/quote] ... i wonder if it would start to change the area into those crystals. kind of acting like some of those territory claiming markers in certain strategy games. plant an Arcanist statue and watch [s]everyone die[/s] the area turn into Arcane. kind of like the Wandering Contagion! but less disease slime with teeth and eyes. ... well maybe eyes? but magic ones instead of fleshy. [/quote] Yes, I am [I]aware[/I] that this is supposed to be a shrine to the Gladekeeper, but I think the pink really improves it! [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71321663][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/713217/71321663p.png[/img][/url]: y'know, this bamboo forest was starting to look too green anyway. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71438467][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/714385/71438467p.png[/img][/url]: How have you not been fired
Ketchalin wrote on 2021-09-28 03:57:58:
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-09-27 13:14:51:

Yes, I am aware that this is supposed to be a shrine to the Gladekeeper, but I think the pink really improves it!
71321663p.png: y'know, this bamboo forest was starting to look too green anyway.
71438467p.png: How have you not been fired
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
1 2 3 4