Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | any advice on how to get back into FR?
1 2
i've been inactive ish for a while now. i used to play daily during school for something to do but i graduated and now i'm struggling to keep an interest in the game. i really love it still and i love my dragons but i guess i'm just wondering if anyone else is feeling this or has any tips to slowly get back into it.
i've been inactive ish for a while now. i used to play daily during school for something to do but i graduated and now i'm struggling to keep an interest in the game. i really love it still and i love my dragons but i guess i'm just wondering if anyone else is feeling this or has any tips to slowly get back into it.
@edening

I totally get the feeling! I dip in and out of the game all the time, especially when my real life workload gets bigger

To keep myself invested, I give myself a project I can work on slowly but surely over a long period of time

Currently, I'm recreating this family tree with this bunch of dragons

This project is really good for two reasons - it's a project which keeps me logging in and interested, but it isn't a big responsibility and won't be ruined if I don't log in for a few days

As for specific advice, I'd probably find yourself a goal to work towards? Maybe a pinkerlocke or a breeding challenge or something. At the end of the day, people move in and out of hobbies all the time, so don't feel bad if you leave the game for a long time, your dragons will still be here for you if you ever decide to come back :)

(I've also heard doing a lair purge can rejuvenate people's interest in the game, but I've never done this personally)
@edening

I totally get the feeling! I dip in and out of the game all the time, especially when my real life workload gets bigger

To keep myself invested, I give myself a project I can work on slowly but surely over a long period of time

Currently, I'm recreating this family tree with this bunch of dragons

This project is really good for two reasons - it's a project which keeps me logging in and interested, but it isn't a big responsibility and won't be ruined if I don't log in for a few days

As for specific advice, I'd probably find yourself a goal to work towards? Maybe a pinkerlocke or a breeding challenge or something. At the end of the day, people move in and out of hobbies all the time, so don't feel bad if you leave the game for a long time, your dragons will still be here for you if you ever decide to come back :)

(I've also heard doing a lair purge can rejuvenate people's interest in the game, but I've never done this personally)
they/them | fr time +8 | active/inactive | wishlist
I'm in the same boat! What keeps me coming back every other day is the money to save up for my projects. All the updates have been making it easier to keep up with events when you're less active, and right now I'm just trying to get the motivation to grind.
I'm in the same boat! What keeps me coming back every other day is the money to save up for my projects. All the updates have been making it easier to keep up with events when you're less active, and right now I'm just trying to get the motivation to grind.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
I've been on and off for literal years hahaha. Sometimes I think, maybe I should get back into this game. Today is one of those days.

EDIT: Its been so many months my age was still wrong in my signature lol
I've been on and off for literal years hahaha. Sometimes I think, maybe I should get back into this game. Today is one of those days.

EDIT: Its been so many months my age was still wrong in my signature lol
cac0e8ee68a0701a40537d4f7a4c541dbafec8f3.gif
kyria | 22 | she/her
+9 fr | active from time to time
It sounds like you might be experiencing a bit of burnout! That's okay, it happens to all of us eventually.

Maybe you should start fresh? I see in your Clan information you want to become a Gen 1 lair. Perhaps you can dedicate a lair tab to a few new Gen 1 projects? That way, you'll have a few projects to complete, which hopefully motivates you to spend time playing the game to earn the funds necessary to finish them.

I'll also suggest potentially switching your flight. If you haven't been active for a while, it could be hard to pick up the game again. By switching flights, you can somewhat simulate the feeling of starting the game for the first time. Whether you switch flights or stay in Fire, you can also look into joining a Flight's Discord server. Joining a server allows you to integrate yourself into a community of people who also play the game, and you'll interact with FR in a more "multi-player" nature rather than "single-player" — for instance, you might find that scrying or dressing other users' Gen 1s is a great way to pass the time. Additionally, there's a couple of all-flight Discord servers that have threads posted in this board, if you'd rather search for those.

To add on to the above, a few people in an FR server I'm in are pretty hands-off of the game at the moment, but still participate. As one of my friends says, sometimes playing FR is simply talking about the game with others.
It sounds like you might be experiencing a bit of burnout! That's okay, it happens to all of us eventually.

Maybe you should start fresh? I see in your Clan information you want to become a Gen 1 lair. Perhaps you can dedicate a lair tab to a few new Gen 1 projects? That way, you'll have a few projects to complete, which hopefully motivates you to spend time playing the game to earn the funds necessary to finish them.

I'll also suggest potentially switching your flight. If you haven't been active for a while, it could be hard to pick up the game again. By switching flights, you can somewhat simulate the feeling of starting the game for the first time. Whether you switch flights or stay in Fire, you can also look into joining a Flight's Discord server. Joining a server allows you to integrate yourself into a community of people who also play the game, and you'll interact with FR in a more "multi-player" nature rather than "single-player" — for instance, you might find that scrying or dressing other users' Gen 1s is a great way to pass the time. Additionally, there's a couple of all-flight Discord servers that have threads posted in this board, if you'd rather search for those.

To add on to the above, a few people in an FR server I'm in are pretty hands-off of the game at the moment, but still participate. As one of my friends says, sometimes playing FR is simply talking about the game with others.
fo11Vhp.png
@edening if you're struggling to stay interested, then maybe it's time for a hiatus? I took a break from fr for over 2 years because I got burned out on it. It's okay to put things on pause for a while, maybe try another pet game? I did Lioden for a while

I'm slowing getting back into fr with my breeding projects, and starting some fresh ones. I hope to eventually get my old hatchery up and running again, but that'll take some time
@edening if you're struggling to stay interested, then maybe it's time for a hiatus? I took a break from fr for over 2 years because I got burned out on it. It's okay to put things on pause for a while, maybe try another pet game? I did Lioden for a while

I'm slowing getting back into fr with my breeding projects, and starting some fresh ones. I hope to eventually get my old hatchery up and running again, but that'll take some time
im in the same boat, i havent really been properly active since this time last year but I still logged in occasionally to do daily and keep up with fests etc... maybe try setting yourself some goals? I've decided that I want to try and save up for a light sprite and awaken it :>
im in the same boat, i havent really been properly active since this time last year but I still logged in occasionally to do daily and keep up with fests etc... maybe try setting yourself some goals? I've decided that I want to try and save up for a light sprite and awaken it :>
2484046.png
IMO I find the best way to get more into FR is to just have friends that also play and chat about FR frequently on discord/in discord servers. c:

It's much easier for me to be invested when I have peeps to play with
IMO I find the best way to get more into FR is to just have friends that also play and chat about FR frequently on discord/in discord servers. c:

It's much easier for me to be invested when I have peeps to play with
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
Get some new projects, and maybe do a lair overhaul/purge. I know I get bored of FR when I don't have anything to do on here, but if I have something to quest for or am inspired to write lore and create characters (ie by breeding/gene projects, designing outfits and looking for skins) then I will stick around to make those goals happen!
Get some new projects, and maybe do a lair overhaul/purge. I know I get bored of FR when I don't have anything to do on here, but if I have something to quest for or am inspired to write lore and create characters (ie by breeding/gene projects, designing outfits and looking for skins) then I will stick around to make those goals happen!
jCVhFoZ.gif
Whenever I get kinda tired of part of the site I try to branch into a different part.

Some activities I bounce between:
  • Capping out the Fairgrounds
  • MP sniping and reselling
  • Taking part in "Scry my Dragon" posts
  • Writing short stories in my lore
  • Do a few rounds of train+exalting
  • Create new outfits for a dragon that feels stale
Whenever I get kinda tired of part of the site I try to branch into a different part.

Some activities I bounce between:
  • Capping out the Fairgrounds
  • MP sniping and reselling
  • Taking part in "Scry my Dragon" posts
  • Writing short stories in my lore
  • Do a few rounds of train+exalting
  • Create new outfits for a dragon that feels stale
sBdLZtA.png
1 2