Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | starting to knit again
1 2
@Lonin how I wish I had your confidence in crochet! Knitting is definitely easier for me, although I'm still working my way up from flat knitting (can you say 'still working on it' if it's been nearly a decade and I've only managed scarves, a hat and some baby booties?)
@Lonin how I wish I had your confidence in crochet! Knitting is definitely easier for me, although I'm still working my way up from flat knitting (can you say 'still working on it' if it's been nearly a decade and I've only managed scarves, a hat and some baby booties?)
OH_SNAP_porple.png v2PJF9u.png
Crochet I was able to teach myself, knitting I needed a bit of help figuring out where I was going wrong (twisted stitches, etc).

Some craft stores offer beginner lessons which could be worth trying. Or follow along with different YouTube videos slowed down a lot. For me it was one of those things that seemed impossible until it suddenly clicked and then I was fine.
Crochet I was able to teach myself, knitting I needed a bit of help figuring out where I was going wrong (twisted stitches, etc).

Some craft stores offer beginner lessons which could be worth trying. Or follow along with different YouTube videos slowed down a lot. For me it was one of those things that seemed impossible until it suddenly clicked and then I was fine.
i am attempting to crochet
i tried to make a square AND IT SOMEHOW TURNED INTO A SEMICIRCLE? AAAAA
i am attempting to crochet
i tried to make a square AND IT SOMEHOW TURNED INTO A SEMICIRCLE? AAAAA
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
@Mercurythewolf - those are the suprises of the carft !

I've done some knitting on and off, but never really got the hang of it. I think it is simply a craft you have to apply yourself for a certain time to create reflexes to negate friction in a project. The best part of it is when you can finally knit without looking constantly at your work. One of my university classmates used to knit when we were attending lectures and she was very fast (one pair of mittens à week).

To motivate myself, I set a goal to be able to learn three different patern for the end of the year. Only time will tell, but I hope to develop enough skill one day to make a jumper.
@Mercurythewolf - those are the suprises of the carft !

I've done some knitting on and off, but never really got the hang of it. I think it is simply a craft you have to apply yourself for a certain time to create reflexes to negate friction in a project. The best part of it is when you can finally knit without looking constantly at your work. One of my university classmates used to knit when we were attending lectures and she was very fast (one pair of mittens à week).

To motivate myself, I set a goal to be able to learn three different patern for the end of the year. Only time will tell, but I hope to develop enough skill one day to make a jumper.
giphy.gif
I can crochet - took me a while to get the hang of chaining stitches at the end of a row - but knitting is witchcraft. I tip my hat to anyone who sold their soul can do it.

I can crochet - took me a while to get the hang of chaining stitches at the end of a row - but knitting is witchcraft. I tip my hat to anyone who sold their soul can do it.

All of my lair tabs have fan dragons except the last two. Also check my den. My avatar dragon is here!
for me, I learned knitting when I was pretty young, so I'm struggling to learn crochet. X'D I can make like, washcloths, but I'm still not sure if what I'm doing is technically correct. I think it's just single crochets, where I insert the hook into the back loop only, crochet one and move on to the next stitch.

I often miss the stitch at the end of the row that kind of gets rounded, which saddens me :v
for me, I learned knitting when I was pretty young, so I'm struggling to learn crochet. X'D I can make like, washcloths, but I'm still not sure if what I'm doing is technically correct. I think it's just single crochets, where I insert the hook into the back loop only, crochet one and move on to the next stitch.

I often miss the stitch at the end of the row that kind of gets rounded, which saddens me :v
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
I picked up knitting fairly quickly and made a failed hat. Learned crochet and made a few granny squares. Patience and time is 90% of the fight lol. but when you have to undo half of it due to a dumb mistake-
I picked up knitting fairly quickly and made a failed hat. Learned crochet and made a few granny squares. Patience and time is 90% of the fight lol. but when you have to undo half of it due to a dumb mistake-
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
Years ago I tried crocheting a blanket together but it just wasn't meant to be, as not only was it all wonky looking since I couldn't get the consistency right with how loose or tight I was crocheting, but I was forced to stop and throw it out when somehow the part I was working on got a knot in it and my hook got trapped in it and there was no way to get it out without cutting the blanket up a bit. :(

I still have some yarn here, but I think it's mostly just the act of crocheting that I enjoy and not the whole having to actually make something part, so I don't think I'm going to waste the yarn for that when there might be a more practical use in the future.
Years ago I tried crocheting a blanket together but it just wasn't meant to be, as not only was it all wonky looking since I couldn't get the consistency right with how loose or tight I was crocheting, but I was forced to stop and throw it out when somehow the part I was working on got a knot in it and my hook got trapped in it and there was no way to get it out without cutting the blanket up a bit. :(

I still have some yarn here, but I think it's mostly just the act of crocheting that I enjoy and not the whole having to actually make something part, so I don't think I'm going to waste the yarn for that when there might be a more practical use in the future.
NSZvCod.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
WvtW9EF.png
I knit every so often, and I’m crazy enough to do something else while knitting, like watching tv. My hands just move by themselves, though I do definitely mess up sometimes.

I don’t do it often, but it’s soothing for me :p
I knit every so often, and I’m crazy enough to do something else while knitting, like watching tv. My hands just move by themselves, though I do definitely mess up sometimes.

I don’t do it often, but it’s soothing for me :p
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Knitting can be pretty intimidating to start with but once you get into a rhythm it's great! Starting with a simple scarf is a good way to get into it.

My fiance recently learned how to crochet and now they're making our household a big net to hold all our plush toys haha I bought some cheap yarn to start learning crochet as well but I'm trying to finish my knitting project first.
Knitting can be pretty intimidating to start with but once you get into a rhythm it's great! Starting with a simple scarf is a good way to get into it.

My fiance recently learned how to crochet and now they're making our household a big net to hold all our plush toys haha I bought some cheap yarn to start learning crochet as well but I'm trying to finish my knitting project first.
1 2