Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | starting to knit again
1 2
i know nothing and im gonna give up in a week due to frustration but oh well atleast the yarn is soft
i know nothing and im gonna give up in a week due to frustration but oh well atleast the yarn is soft
She/Her
EST timezone
I'm 13, so feel free to not interact if you dislike talking with whats basically a kid with the title of teenager
Some free food at Soda's Drinks
We've tried before but we could never get the hang of knitting :c It took so many videos just to figure out casting on.
Crochet was much easier for us to learn.
We've tried before but we could never get the hang of knitting :c It took so many videos just to figure out casting on.
Crochet was much easier for us to learn.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I'm a crocheter but I'd like to pick up knitting at some point, it seems very fun!
Yarn is indeed very soft, I love to play with it
I'm a crocheter but I'd like to pick up knitting at some point, it seems very fun!
Yarn is indeed very soft, I love to play with it
Timezone: fr + 17
Oooo I love knitting (and crocheting)! Would you like some fun patterns to try? or tips?
Oooo I love knitting (and crocheting)! Would you like some fun patterns to try? or tips?
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
I’ve never been able to wrap my head around knitting but I admire you for trying!

If you want to try something a little easier, crocheting has some really basic patterns & you can YouTube tutorials!
I’ve never been able to wrap my head around knitting but I admire you for trying!

If you want to try something a little easier, crocheting has some really basic patterns & you can YouTube tutorials!
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
Ya'll thought crochet was easier than knitting?? Boy, I'd like to be in your place.

Can try making pot cloths. They require a certain kind of wool (durable, non-fuzzy craft wool) and are easy as hell to make. Good for selling, too.
Ya'll thought crochet was easier than knitting?? Boy, I'd like to be in your place.

Can try making pot cloths. They require a certain kind of wool (durable, non-fuzzy craft wool) and are easy as hell to make. Good for selling, too.
I love knitting! I knit using straight needles only since my parental unit refuses to buy me circular needles! lemme show you some of my works! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/796572140702138408/858378301722591242/A4Uo0SiaFctjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/796572140702138408/858378622674796564/7se4z9i9Ucu8AO6UUQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png[/img]
I love knitting! I knit using straight needles only since my parental unit refuses to buy me circular needles! lemme show you some of my works!

A4Uo0SiaFctjAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
7se4z9i9Ucu8AO6UUQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
unknown.pngWRNZ9bCvdv0DmOfnD0KRdSrOOv4PHyYVrBCPQX4AAAAASUVORK5CYII.pngimage0.png
I didn't see this before, forgot to subscribe to the thread rip-

Somehow I haven't given up get and I found a method I got pretty easily which is nice which is meant for casting on, gonna practice it more before I move onto other parts of it. The things above look quite nice by the way, how long have you been knitting?
I didn't see this before, forgot to subscribe to the thread rip-

Somehow I haven't given up get and I found a method I got pretty easily which is nice which is meant for casting on, gonna practice it more before I move onto other parts of it. The things above look quite nice by the way, how long have you been knitting?
She/Her
EST timezone
I'm 13, so feel free to not interact if you dislike talking with whats basically a kid with the title of teenager
Some free food at Soda's Drinks
I'd love to knit, but my brain just can't handle it. I bought a kitty plushie knitting starter set and my brain just refuses...
I'd love to knit, but my brain just can't handle it. I bought a kitty plushie knitting starter set and my brain just refuses...
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
@Romaki If you're having a lot of trouble knitting looking at videos is really the way to go because seeing it in motion is the only real way to learn how to do the motions. Also, watching knitting videos is oddly satisfying.

You also might wanna try knitting some simple flat things like a garter stitch scarf before trying to knit the plushie. I've knit a LOT of plushies, they're not exactly beginner friendly.
@Romaki If you're having a lot of trouble knitting looking at videos is really the way to go because seeing it in motion is the only real way to learn how to do the motions. Also, watching knitting videos is oddly satisfying.

You also might wanna try knitting some simple flat things like a garter stitch scarf before trying to knit the plushie. I've knit a LOT of plushies, they're not exactly beginner friendly.
gLbZUkF.pngZewzdsF.pngpxQdDU5.pngWH26Bag.pngwfmIqQm.png0jScwbh.pngHjUpYch.pngW2xqTjK.pngngXpEKo.pngngXpEKo.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngaXbaYIT.pngi8eD0Ym.png
yym0GF5.png
1 2