Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1 thing to change about yer Flight Lore
1 2 3 4
If you could change one thing about your Flight’s canon lore, what would it be?

If I could change Plague Flight lore, I would make it so that it’s canon that there are two theological factions of Plague after a great schism: those who think the Plaguebringer supports necromancy and those who think she despises it. The two factions meet each year at the Hellwell Undercroft and argue bitterly every year.

I don’t know, great theological schisms are hilarious to me.
If you could change one thing about your Flight’s canon lore, what would it be?

If I could change Plague Flight lore, I would make it so that it’s canon that there are two theological factions of Plague after a great schism: those who think the Plaguebringer supports necromancy and those who think she despises it. The two factions meet each year at the Hellwell Undercroft and argue bitterly every year.

I don’t know, great theological schisms are hilarious to me.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
I'd bring back the Windsinger from his vacation, or at least have it so that we know where he is. It'd be pretty cool if he was just like traveling across the flights, and he'd just pop up on the map from time to time, talking about his adventures! Like, during riot of rot, he's in the scarred wastelands, and if you click on him he talks about taking part in the festivities! I just want noodledad to be like your rich relative who's always travelling somewhere but comes back with really cool souvenirs
I'd bring back the Windsinger from his vacation, or at least have it so that we know where he is. It'd be pretty cool if he was just like traveling across the flights, and he'd just pop up on the map from time to time, talking about his adventures! Like, during riot of rot, he's in the scarred wastelands, and if you click on him he talks about taking part in the festivities! I just want noodledad to be like your rich relative who's always travelling somewhere but comes back with really cool souvenirs
nTa2yPT.png
[quote name="Orbeez" date="2021-06-30 08:42:08" ] I'd bring back the Windsinger from his vacation, or at least have it so that we know where he is. It'd be pretty cool if he was just like traveling across the flights, and he'd just pop up on the map from time to time, talking about his adventures! Like, during riot of rot, he's in the scarred wastelands, and if you click on him he talks about taking part in the festivities! I just want noodledad to be like your rich relative who's always travelling somewhere but comes back with really cool souvenirs [/quote] Agreed. Uncle should send postcards!
Orbeez wrote on 2021-06-30 08:42:08:
Agreed. Uncle should send postcards!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Maybe not so much lore, but I'd love if we had some more of that forest around the mountains. And a location to choose in it.
Maybe not so much lore, but I'd love if we had some more of that forest around the mountains. And a location to choose in it.
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
dunno if this counts as lore but since it's got to do with what goes on in our region i think it works.

would like it if there was a specific region that is basically infested with eldritch horrors and other alien creatures that fell down on astral debris due to high space rock activity or something. but maybe we've already got that and it's just that our friends from down south have locked them all up before we could find them
dunno if this counts as lore but since it's got to do with what goes on in our region i think it works.

would like it if there was a specific region that is basically infested with eldritch horrors and other alien creatures that fell down on astral debris due to high space rock activity or something. but maybe we've already got that and it's just that our friends from down south have locked them all up before we could find them
im just gonna remove "the deceased aren't mourned and we throw our kids out into the wild til they come home so they can be considered people" from plague. other than that weeeehoooo
im just gonna remove "the deceased aren't mourned and we throw our kids out into the wild til they come home so they can be considered people" from plague. other than that weeeehoooo
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
The Ashfall Wastes being nothing but desolate ash (insofar as how they're depicted in official art). I guess this isn't so much of a lore change as it is an aesthetic change, because you can still find plants and animals from gathering in fire, but it doesn't make much sense to me for that reason that they'd be consistently depicted and treated as homogenous wastelands in the map subdivisions. The only real exception is the scorched forest venue, assuming it's in fire.

I'm not very science-smart, so I could be wrong about this considering the landmass is very tectonically active per lore and perhaps too much so to sustain plant life, but the soil from volcanic eruptions is very mineral rich and ideal for plants to grow, so it has that going for it theoretically. Plus, Sorneith is a magic universe that has animals that can survive in/around lava, so it doesn't seem like a tall order.
The Ashfall Wastes being nothing but desolate ash (insofar as how they're depicted in official art). I guess this isn't so much of a lore change as it is an aesthetic change, because you can still find plants and animals from gathering in fire, but it doesn't make much sense to me for that reason that they'd be consistently depicted and treated as homogenous wastelands in the map subdivisions. The only real exception is the scorched forest venue, assuming it's in fire.

I'm not very science-smart, so I could be wrong about this considering the landmass is very tectonically active per lore and perhaps too much so to sustain plant life, but the soil from volcanic eruptions is very mineral rich and ideal for plants to grow, so it has that going for it theoretically. Plus, Sorneith is a magic universe that has animals that can survive in/around lava, so it doesn't seem like a tall order.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
Tundra size. I want them B I G G E R
Tundra size. I want them B I G G E R
oNPnEqv.jpeg
i'd have there be underground map regions using the underwater layer in more flight territories. earth and shadow canonically are supposed to have some.
i'd have there be underground map regions using the underwater layer in more flight territories. earth and shadow canonically are supposed to have some.
qcCoEff.png Shall We Dance?
x
3+ FRT - HE/IT - OUTFIT THREAD
The prisons
The prisons
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
1 2 3 4