Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fix gathering screen button placement
1 2 3 4
I agree that this is a terrible fix. The buttons are all the way at the bottom of the screen - halfway cut off. If I don't manage to gete my cursor placed just right, the task bar pops up and gets in the way. So, I'm constantly having to scroll down. It used to be so much easier! Since Dustcarve isn't happening any more, could we please go back to the way it was? If this needs to change because festival currency and other items will now be appearing, what about having the buttons [b]above[/b] the extra drop items? Adding screen shots. Normal placement shouldn't end up behind the task bar or halfway off the screen. [img]https://i.imgur.com/XzlKTBe.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/GvM4uuK.png[/img]
I agree that this is a terrible fix. The buttons are all the way at the bottom of the screen - halfway cut off. If I don't manage to gete my cursor placed just right, the task bar pops up and gets in the way. So, I'm constantly having to scroll down. It used to be so much easier!

Since Dustcarve isn't happening any more, could we please go back to the way it was? If this needs to change because festival currency and other items will now be appearing, what about having the buttons above the extra drop items?

Adding screen shots. Normal placement shouldn't end up behind the task bar or halfway off the screen.

XzlKTBe.jpg

GvM4uuK.png
3EA6QyJ.png aHMlRC8.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo4_250.png
Support this.

I actually really like @Stormdragon 's UI fix - I think it's a good fix for the concerns from both sides of this update.
Support this.

I actually really like @Stormdragon 's UI fix - I think it's a good fix for the concerns from both sides of this update.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
Support. I find this so called 'fix' to be just as bad as the button jumping problem they intended to solve with the change.

Support. I find this so called 'fix' to be just as bad as the button jumping problem they intended to solve with the change.

forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
Support. I understand it is intentional, but now I need to zoom out to 90% to go through gathering as quickly as I would like. It makes the site feel broken. I would rather the "repeat gathering" button be placed at the top or to the side than hidden below, for easier access.

(And I know I'm complaining about one scroll, which feels silly. It's just that gathering is a quick little chore rather than something I enjoy doing, and having to scroll each time I gather makes it neither quick nor more enjoyable.)

Also, thanks to the devs who are reading this, I don't mean to be ungrateful! I would just like FR to be as sleek as it can be. This solution feels...clunky. :")
Support. I understand it is intentional, but now I need to zoom out to 90% to go through gathering as quickly as I would like. It makes the site feel broken. I would rather the "repeat gathering" button be placed at the top or to the side than hidden below, for easier access.

(And I know I'm complaining about one scroll, which feels silly. It's just that gathering is a quick little chore rather than something I enjoy doing, and having to scroll each time I gather makes it neither quick nor more enjoyable.)

Also, thanks to the devs who are reading this, I don't mean to be ungrateful! I would just like FR to be as sleek as it can be. This solution feels...clunky. :")
21556.png

◊ they/them
◊ 28
◊ FR+2
Support.
Place bonus items below button and "wow" text below bonus item
(in any case their fully visibility is minor priority than button itself)

addition: while we get already bonus items placed somewhere below (in different site actions) place in bonus items also fest currency and fest chests! To catch special player's attention.

(Well or just put those bonuses in the row with other items we gather. I do not think something like oils is more important than fest chests and currwncy)
Support.
Place bonus items below button and "wow" text below bonus item
(in any case their fully visibility is minor priority than button itself)

addition: while we get already bonus items placed somewhere below (in different site actions) place in bonus items also fest currency and fest chests! To catch special player's attention.

(Well or just put those bonuses in the row with other items we gather. I do not think something like oils is more important than fest chests and currwncy)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="RickRolled" date="2021-06-28 15:10:54" ] As for everyone saying the current solution is "worse," keep in mind that's your own experience. The buttons jumped around for me before the fix. They no longer jump around for me after the fix. Thus, in my experience, the fix is better for me. However, it is clear that this does inconvenience a fair number of people. And quite frankly, the fix is ugly. So, I'll support doing a more permanent (and prettier) fix, but I would prefer to NOT go back to the way it was previously. So, no support for the original suggestion, but I support doing something that works for the majority of the players and looks nicer. [/quote] This. The current fix works fine for me on all of my devices. It's not "pretty" but it's functional and that's fine for a short-term fix until the Gathering overhaul is completed. I think some of Stormfly's ideas could work well for that revamp. I'm wondering if zooming out on the Gathering page would fix most people's scrolling issues. I'm pretty sure you can set specific tabs/pages to be zoomed to a certain size in your browser and would suggest that to those who are frustrated with the scrolling for the time being. I do not want Gathering drops moved below the buttons. That will cause a whole new slew of issues for players both new and old on top of looking bad so there's literally nothing to be gained from that kind of fix.
RickRolled wrote on 2021-06-28 15:10:54:
As for everyone saying the current solution is "worse," keep in mind that's your own experience. The buttons jumped around for me before the fix. They no longer jump around for me after the fix. Thus, in my experience, the fix is better for me.

However, it is clear that this does inconvenience a fair number of people. And quite frankly, the fix is ugly. So, I'll support doing a more permanent (and prettier) fix, but I would prefer to NOT go back to the way it was previously.

So, no support for the original suggestion, but I support doing something that works for the majority of the players and looks nicer.

This.

The current fix works fine for me on all of my devices. It's not "pretty" but it's functional and that's fine for a short-term fix until the Gathering overhaul is completed. I think some of Stormfly's ideas could work well for that revamp.

I'm wondering if zooming out on the Gathering page would fix most people's scrolling issues. I'm pretty sure you can set specific tabs/pages to be zoomed to a certain size in your browser and would suggest that to those who are frustrated with the scrolling for the time being.

I do not want Gathering drops moved below the buttons. That will cause a whole new slew of issues for players both new and old on top of looking bad so there's literally nothing to be gained from that kind of fix.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2021-06-27 13:34:18" ] I made a quick mock-up of what I thought may make sense for improvements. Ideally, this would be my preferred layout and QOL changes. Main page: Pretty good as-is, it would be nice to be able to do more than one gathering turn at a time. If the number of items generated is a concern, maybe you can only do 5 turns at a time, like how you can only open 10 chests at one time. [img]https://i.imgur.com/jO7Giv3.jpg[/img] Gathering page: This is what I think would make sense. Sorry for the strange sizing of things. Was trying to not spend too much time making this look pretty. In short, put the navigation buttons on the right side, and the items gathered on the left. This allows for a bunch of lines for generated items. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JlsnYBj.jpg[/img] You'd be able to select the number of repeated turns as well, maybe having it default to whatever number you chose on the main page, and only have numbers up to the gathering turns you have remaining. It would also have in the text what Flight you're gathering in. And if they wanted, there could be a space or divider between normally gathered items and "special" items. Perhaps even a small text divider that says what the event is that the items pertain to. - UPDATED to show what event items would look like. [/quote] this mockup is great, massive support. hopefully when/if they do a gathering update they'll at least fix the button placement to something like this alternatively, having the buttons above the items gathered might also work?
Stormdragon wrote on 2021-06-27 13:34:18:
I made a quick mock-up of what I thought may make sense for improvements.

Ideally, this would be my preferred layout and QOL changes.

Main page:
Pretty good as-is, it would be nice to be able to do more than one gathering turn at a time. If the number of items generated is a concern, maybe you can only do 5 turns at a time, like how you can only open 10 chests at one time.
jO7Giv3.jpg

Gathering page:
This is what I think would make sense. Sorry for the strange sizing of things. Was trying to not spend too much time making this look pretty. In short, put the navigation buttons on the right side, and the items gathered on the left. This allows for a bunch of lines for generated items.
JlsnYBj.jpg
You'd be able to select the number of repeated turns as well, maybe having it default to whatever number you chose on the main page, and only have numbers up to the gathering turns you have remaining. It would also have in the text what Flight you're gathering in.
And if they wanted, there could be a space or divider between normally gathered items and "special" items. Perhaps even a small text divider that says what the event is that the items pertain to. - UPDATED to show what event items would look like.
this mockup is great, massive support. hopefully when/if they do a gathering update they'll at least fix the button placement to something like this

alternatively, having the buttons above the items gathered might also work?
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
[quote name="clustxr" date="2021-06-29 17:37:08" ] alternatively, having the buttons above the items gathered might also work? [/quote] Yeah came here to say this, it's no bother for m personally but this might have the QoL fix people are looking for even if it breaks site continuity.
clustxr wrote on 2021-06-29 17:37:08:
alternatively, having the buttons above the items gathered might also work?

Yeah came here to say this, it's no bother for m personally but this might have the QoL fix people are looking for even if it breaks site continuity.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
The button placement seems to be different across different devices. Can we please have this poorly thought out inconsistency fixed?
The button placement seems to be different across different devices. Can we please have this poorly thought out inconsistency fixed?
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Even if this fix works for some, I think it is important the staff come up with a fix that works for all. If the button no longer jumps around for some people after the fix, than that's something about the fix that needs to be kept. But the fact that people now have to scroll in order to even see the 'gather again' button is just as annoying as buttons jumping around. So yes, support for staff fixing it. Make it so that it is functional for everyone. I like some of the mock-ups I've seen floating in this thread, but anything that makes it so (1) it doesn't jump and (2) doesn't require scrolling and (3) is aesthatically pleasing and (4) also works when there's an event will work for me.
Even if this fix works for some, I think it is important the staff come up with a fix that works for all. If the button no longer jumps around for some people after the fix, than that's something about the fix that needs to be kept. But the fact that people now have to scroll in order to even see the 'gather again' button is just as annoying as buttons jumping around. So yes, support for staff fixing it. Make it so that it is functional for everyone. I like some of the mock-ups I've seen floating in this thread, but anything that makes it so (1) it doesn't jump and (2) doesn't require scrolling and (3) is aesthatically pleasing and (4) also works when there's an event will work for me.
1 2 3 4