Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Site Navigation Bug
Hi there.

So for the last several days, I have been experiencing ... cursor/input lag (?) when interacting with the website. I haven't changed anything on my end. Same machine, same browser, same mouse. I have three examples for you.

Example 1) Whenever I am on the Trading Post page, there is a multi-second lag between the page loading, my scrolling down and mousing over what I want, say Baldwin or Fiona, and the site actually registering where my mouse is. On my screen my mouse cursor is over Baldwin (or Fiona, etc), but the site is still showing the text for when you've moused over Tomo, Crim or Pinkerton. If I don't wait to click until that part catches up, it will in fact take me to whatever it is showing the text for, NOT where my cursor is.

Example 2) Same thing, but extra, in the Fairgrounds. This happened today. I was trying to go to Higher or Lower, but didn't wait for the cursor/input lag like I should have, so it pulled up Runestones of the Arcanist. The *extra* part - is that not only did it bring up the wrong game (the one at the top of the page, as is happening in the Trading Post), but it also brought up the wrong screen for that game. Instead of bringing up the menu to start a new game of Runestones, it brought up the *score page* for ... someone's ... (?) game. I haven't played Runestones in -at least- a week. So this was especially odd. I don't know how often cache dumps, so I have no idea if this could've been from my own account's game history or not...

Example 3) This one may be related or may be a separate issue. Yesterday and the day before, I was repeatedly having issues where I would click on Baldwin's to retrieve my melt-down item, and it would delay... so I would click again. And when the window finally came up it would give me an error that the item was unretrievable...? If I hit okay to the error, it would still show something in the cauldron and I would try again and get the same error. I believe I had to close out of Baldwin and/or try the creation page instead and come back to get it to clear. At which point, it would show it as empty and ready for the next thing.
I'm sorry that I don't recall exactly what the error was. If it happens again, I will update with specifics. Also, I honestly haven't been tracking my numbers to see if it's actually giving me the item. With the lag happening, I have assumed that it gave it to me and just got confused by my second click.

Um... I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine and running the current release of Chrome.
Hi there.

So for the last several days, I have been experiencing ... cursor/input lag (?) when interacting with the website. I haven't changed anything on my end. Same machine, same browser, same mouse. I have three examples for you.

Example 1) Whenever I am on the Trading Post page, there is a multi-second lag between the page loading, my scrolling down and mousing over what I want, say Baldwin or Fiona, and the site actually registering where my mouse is. On my screen my mouse cursor is over Baldwin (or Fiona, etc), but the site is still showing the text for when you've moused over Tomo, Crim or Pinkerton. If I don't wait to click until that part catches up, it will in fact take me to whatever it is showing the text for, NOT where my cursor is.

Example 2) Same thing, but extra, in the Fairgrounds. This happened today. I was trying to go to Higher or Lower, but didn't wait for the cursor/input lag like I should have, so it pulled up Runestones of the Arcanist. The *extra* part - is that not only did it bring up the wrong game (the one at the top of the page, as is happening in the Trading Post), but it also brought up the wrong screen for that game. Instead of bringing up the menu to start a new game of Runestones, it brought up the *score page* for ... someone's ... (?) game. I haven't played Runestones in -at least- a week. So this was especially odd. I don't know how often cache dumps, so I have no idea if this could've been from my own account's game history or not...

Example 3) This one may be related or may be a separate issue. Yesterday and the day before, I was repeatedly having issues where I would click on Baldwin's to retrieve my melt-down item, and it would delay... so I would click again. And when the window finally came up it would give me an error that the item was unretrievable...? If I hit okay to the error, it would still show something in the cauldron and I would try again and get the same error. I believe I had to close out of Baldwin and/or try the creation page instead and come back to get it to clear. At which point, it would show it as empty and ready for the next thing.
I'm sorry that I don't recall exactly what the error was. If it happens again, I will update with specifics. Also, I honestly haven't been tracking my numbers to see if it's actually giving me the item. With the lag happening, I have assumed that it gave it to me and just got confused by my second click.

Um... I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine and running the current release of Chrome.
@rainshine the first thing you need to do is to eliminate any user end causes. clear your cache, ensure that nothing is running at 100% from task manager, disable all browser extensions, and try another browser
@rainshine the first thing you need to do is to eliminate any user end causes. clear your cache, ensure that nothing is running at 100% from task manager, disable all browser extensions, and try another browser
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Okay. So.

Closed all tabs except one for FR and one other unrelated tab. Cleared all cache, and all cookies labelled flight rising. Disabled the one browser extention I have (the Netflix party/teleparty one).

Problem continued. - So I closed the browser completely.

Tried Microsoft Edge - No problems.

Returned to Chrome - Seemed to be working alright, as the only window/tab open. Kept navigating around for about 1 minute before it started having the same problem again.
At this point my laptop fan spun up, and sure enough, *for the very split second when I first opened Task Manager* it was at 100% CPU because of 'system interrupts'. It *immediately* spun back down, and was down to 16% within about 5 seconds.

^This last, the CPU and fan spin-up with near immediate spin-down upon opening task manager, is something that has only been happening with your site, and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't happen any other time. Only when I have flight rising pulled up. So even if it's something on my end, it is directly related to your site some how. It usually happens as I work my way through bonding familiars every day. By the time I'm on my 5th or 6th dragon, I can hear it churning. If I sit and wait a few seconds before going to the next dragon, it settles down, but 5-6 dragons later it's back. Pretty sure I've posted this before, back when everyone was having bad lag, because it started about a week or so before all that business.
Okay. So.

Closed all tabs except one for FR and one other unrelated tab. Cleared all cache, and all cookies labelled flight rising. Disabled the one browser extention I have (the Netflix party/teleparty one).

Problem continued. - So I closed the browser completely.

Tried Microsoft Edge - No problems.

Returned to Chrome - Seemed to be working alright, as the only window/tab open. Kept navigating around for about 1 minute before it started having the same problem again.
At this point my laptop fan spun up, and sure enough, *for the very split second when I first opened Task Manager* it was at 100% CPU because of 'system interrupts'. It *immediately* spun back down, and was down to 16% within about 5 seconds.

^This last, the CPU and fan spin-up with near immediate spin-down upon opening task manager, is something that has only been happening with your site, and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't happen any other time. Only when I have flight rising pulled up. So even if it's something on my end, it is directly related to your site some how. It usually happens as I work my way through bonding familiars every day. By the time I'm on my 5th or 6th dragon, I can hear it churning. If I sit and wait a few seconds before going to the next dragon, it settles down, but 5-6 dragons later it's back. Pretty sure I've posted this before, back when everyone was having bad lag, because it started about a week or so before all that business.
The internet says that the system interrupts thing is usually a hardware or driver issue, so I'll be looking into that.
The internet says that the system interrupts thing is usually a hardware or driver issue, so I'll be looking into that.
I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.
As I said, in Edge everything is hunky dory. (It spins up a little, but only a little bit, not like Chrome that seemed to think the world was ending.)
I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.
As I said, in Edge everything is hunky dory. (It spins up a little, but only a little bit, not like Chrome that seemed to think the world was ending.)
@Rainshine

Maybe try a virus scan? Idk if a virus could do something so specific, but worth a shot.
@Rainshine

Maybe try a virus scan? Idk if a virus could do something so specific, but worth a shot.
@RainShine
It's worth noting that both Chrome and Edge run on Chromium. Browser-based bugs that show up on one are pretty much guaranteed to show up on the other.

Shut down Chrome entirely (restarting your PC may be a good idea) and also try incognito mode in Chrome. Above virus scan suggestion also a good idea.
@RainShine
It's worth noting that both Chrome and Edge run on Chromium. Browser-based bugs that show up on one are pretty much guaranteed to show up on the other.

Shut down Chrome entirely (restarting your PC may be a good idea) and also try incognito mode in Chrome. Above virus scan suggestion also a good idea.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png