Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Gift Of Magic (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ron
Ron nodded, "It's nice to see you out too." He said, before whistling at his dog again. This time, Duke stood up. "Well, It's nice to talk to you all. I haven't had good conversation in ages. However, I must be on my way now. I have a few things to take care of, unfortunately. I'll probably end up picking up dinner and going back into my office. Ta, ta." He said, waving one of his gloved hands and heading back into his office. He only had about twenty minutes before dinner. Oh, well.

He locked the doors to his office and took off his mask. "Ahhh, much better." He said, setting aside his mask. He was heading into his lab now. He needed to organize some new specimens he recieved. He'd find uses for them at some point.

He walked over to a book case and pulled out four specific books. One very old looking, another with a red cover, one that was one of the thicker and larger books, and one that had a green cover. The bookshelf was actually a door. It slightly cracked open. Then there was a staircase that went downwards. It would be quite creepy for those who hated the dark. Though, Ron knew exactly where he was going.

When he reached the bottom, he was in his lab. There was a section full with several medical books, a shelf full of his collection of leeches (and he had more in his office and dorm), there was a section PACKED with medicine in bottles, and there was a testing table in the middle surrounded by jarred specimens. There were a few boxes set aside. These were the new ones that had been oh, so nicely, donated to him. He began unpacking the jars and lining them up on the testing table. Definitely some strange specimens. One of the strangest ones was a two-headded snake. It looked awefully thin though. He guessed that it starved to death since it would be difficult to hunt with two heads.

"Hmmm, what do you think Duke?" He asked, showing the dog the specimen. Duke sniffed it and barked happily. "You're right. I don't get things like this very often." He smiled and set it back on the table.
Ron
Ron nodded, "It's nice to see you out too." He said, before whistling at his dog again. This time, Duke stood up. "Well, It's nice to talk to you all. I haven't had good conversation in ages. However, I must be on my way now. I have a few things to take care of, unfortunately. I'll probably end up picking up dinner and going back into my office. Ta, ta." He said, waving one of his gloved hands and heading back into his office. He only had about twenty minutes before dinner. Oh, well.

He locked the doors to his office and took off his mask. "Ahhh, much better." He said, setting aside his mask. He was heading into his lab now. He needed to organize some new specimens he recieved. He'd find uses for them at some point.

He walked over to a book case and pulled out four specific books. One very old looking, another with a red cover, one that was one of the thicker and larger books, and one that had a green cover. The bookshelf was actually a door. It slightly cracked open. Then there was a staircase that went downwards. It would be quite creepy for those who hated the dark. Though, Ron knew exactly where he was going.

When he reached the bottom, he was in his lab. There was a section full with several medical books, a shelf full of his collection of leeches (and he had more in his office and dorm), there was a section PACKED with medicine in bottles, and there was a testing table in the middle surrounded by jarred specimens. There were a few boxes set aside. These were the new ones that had been oh, so nicely, donated to him. He began unpacking the jars and lining them up on the testing table. Definitely some strange specimens. One of the strangest ones was a two-headded snake. It looked awefully thin though. He guessed that it starved to death since it would be difficult to hunt with two heads.

"Hmmm, what do you think Duke?" He asked, showing the dog the specimen. Duke sniffed it and barked happily. "You're right. I don't get things like this very often." He smiled and set it back on the table.
Talos

“I uh...I dunno. I’m kind of new to this.. different magic stuff-all I can do is like turn rocks to dust and stuff. What do you..teach..? I bet it’s way cooler than rocks..” Talos asked the teacher with a nervous grin, lying right through his teeth. In all honesty, the teacher’s classroom was a bit intimidating, and he put on a show of being ‘afraid’ of it, despite only being moderately uncomfortable.

Talos had never seen animals so frozen. He decided that they probably were dead and somehow preserved, or alive and petrified. Maybe they were barely alive...their glassy eyes seemed to observe into every crack and crevice of his soul. This had not been apart of his curriculum-frozen animals probably weren’t the most necessary things to teach someone. Though-this teacher had decorated her room in them. Perhaps they were defeated enemies and this was a show of power?
If so, it was a very good one.

He sidled over, putting on his most ‘unsure’ show. If everyone thought you were afraid , they wouldn’t fear you. And if they feared you; now..where would that get him? Right back where he started. Play the victim, play the sheep, and when the wolf’s teeth tightened around their throats, they would be very, very surprised.
Preferably they would be tricked very, very far away from the the frozen animals.

His scorpion was very unhelpful, shying into his shirt-collar and peeking out. Far from an emotional support insect, it wasn’t a very talkative one, more suited for sending emotions and information to its partner than philosophical rhetoric. So it sent uneasiness towards Talos, eyeing the hyena that lie in the corner (with all eight eyes.)
Talos glanced up at the noise, rubbing his palms together as he readily got out of the Dead Animal Teacher’s way, slowly walking to the doorframe and poking his head out to observe the short interaction. .

So Dead Animal Teacher’s name was Eninira, Lady With Crazy Hair was Theodora, and..Ron.
They had to be teachers, he decided, as they were on a first-name basis. Unless...those were their last names?
No-that would be illogical. Eninira..maybe, but Theodora and Ron were most definitely first names. So they were probably..friends, of a sort, and were joking and not bullying.
The teachers were..friends. How..odd. That was not what he had expected. Plans had to change now.
Talos

“I uh...I dunno. I’m kind of new to this.. different magic stuff-all I can do is like turn rocks to dust and stuff. What do you..teach..? I bet it’s way cooler than rocks..” Talos asked the teacher with a nervous grin, lying right through his teeth. In all honesty, the teacher’s classroom was a bit intimidating, and he put on a show of being ‘afraid’ of it, despite only being moderately uncomfortable.

Talos had never seen animals so frozen. He decided that they probably were dead and somehow preserved, or alive and petrified. Maybe they were barely alive...their glassy eyes seemed to observe into every crack and crevice of his soul. This had not been apart of his curriculum-frozen animals probably weren’t the most necessary things to teach someone. Though-this teacher had decorated her room in them. Perhaps they were defeated enemies and this was a show of power?
If so, it was a very good one.

He sidled over, putting on his most ‘unsure’ show. If everyone thought you were afraid , they wouldn’t fear you. And if they feared you; now..where would that get him? Right back where he started. Play the victim, play the sheep, and when the wolf’s teeth tightened around their throats, they would be very, very surprised.
Preferably they would be tricked very, very far away from the the frozen animals.

His scorpion was very unhelpful, shying into his shirt-collar and peeking out. Far from an emotional support insect, it wasn’t a very talkative one, more suited for sending emotions and information to its partner than philosophical rhetoric. So it sent uneasiness towards Talos, eyeing the hyena that lie in the corner (with all eight eyes.)
Talos glanced up at the noise, rubbing his palms together as he readily got out of the Dead Animal Teacher’s way, slowly walking to the doorframe and poking his head out to observe the short interaction. .

So Dead Animal Teacher’s name was Eninira, Lady With Crazy Hair was Theodora, and..Ron.
They had to be teachers, he decided, as they were on a first-name basis. Unless...those were their last names?
No-that would be illogical. Eninira..maybe, but Theodora and Ron were most definitely first names. So they were probably..friends, of a sort, and were joking and not bullying.
The teachers were..friends. How..odd. That was not what he had expected. Plans had to change now.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
Orion

Failing to spot any of the library staff, the teacher circled around to the back of the desk and pulled out the ledger. He signed out the books himself and headed off down the hall with the both of them under his arm.

There would still be some time before the students were expected for dinner, hopefully giving him a chance to find one of his colleagues first. Perhaps he would meet some new students along the way.
Orion

Failing to spot any of the library staff, the teacher circled around to the back of the desk and pulled out the ledger. He signed out the books himself and headed off down the hall with the both of them under his arm.

There would still be some time before the students were expected for dinner, hopefully giving him a chance to find one of his colleagues first. Perhaps he would meet some new students along the way.
Hello, I'm Eoin || they/them || Canada || FR Time +3
Autumn decided to walk like a normal human instead of... whatever she had been doing. But, instead of slowing down, autumn tripped on her own feet and fell on her face in the middle of the hallway. Ow
Autumn decided to walk like a normal human instead of... whatever she had been doing. But, instead of slowing down, autumn tripped on her own feet and fell on her face in the middle of the hallway. Ow
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/y9qgwcR.png[/img] [center][font=Gabriola][size=5][b][u]Theseus Brightwater[/u][/b][/size][/font][/center] [center]--------[/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#0079bf]A[/color]fter quite a bit of time fumbling around and looking over the shelves, avoiding directly looking at any of the other students who'd started gathering within the library, and the occasional getting out of someone else's way Theseus had been,,,, well 'successful' wasn't exactly the right word? At least, he'd [i]sort of[/i] figured out the organizational system of the place(as best he could, ignoring some of the tomes that had clearly been misplaced ages ago, and nobody had touched since) he'd managed to find himself a nice assortment of resourced he'd scattered across a table that was as far away from everyone else as he could manage. Most of it seemed to be pretty standard, and almost all of it rather specifically based on elemental magics. Literally half the collection he'd found to sort through was comprised of a mix of accounts of specific elements or otherwise a brief rundown of all the above. It was, at least, a starting point, though it didn't seem to be helping much. There were a couple out of the pile on other things,,,, potion brewing, which was to be expected though through personal mishaps Theseus would really prefer never to discuss or think about ever again, he was quite sure that wasn't going to do him any good either. He found some other things too, that being on mind reading and animal speaking, which while new and interesting to read about, definitely didn't pertain to him in any meaningful way. There was something about spirits in there somewhere,,,, but out of everything he'd found that was pretty much it. Unfortunately, none of it seemed to be what he was looking for. Made worse because he wasn't even entirely sure what he [i]was[/i] actually looking for. At the very least he could settle with having learned a few new interesting things, but that didn't help with his nerves that'd only been building since he'd arrived.
y9qgwcR.png
Theseus Brightwater

After quite a bit of time fumbling around and looking over the shelves, avoiding directly looking at any of the other students who'd started gathering within the library, and the occasional getting out of someone else's way Theseus had been,,,, well 'successful' wasn't exactly the right word? At least, he'd sort of figured out the organizational system of the place(as best he could, ignoring some of the tomes that had clearly been misplaced ages ago, and nobody had touched since) he'd managed to find himself a nice assortment of resourced he'd scattered across a table that was as far away from everyone else as he could manage. Most of it seemed to be pretty standard, and almost all of it rather specifically based on elemental magics. Literally half the collection he'd found to sort through was comprised of a mix of accounts of specific elements or otherwise a brief rundown of all the above. It was, at least, a starting point, though it didn't seem to be helping much. There were a couple out of the pile on other things,,,, potion brewing, which was to be expected though through personal mishaps Theseus would really prefer never to discuss or think about ever again, he was quite sure that wasn't going to do him any good either.
He found some other things too, that being on mind reading and animal speaking, which while new and interesting to read about, definitely didn't pertain to him in any meaningful way. There was something about spirits in there somewhere,,,, but out of everything he'd found that was pretty much it. Unfortunately, none of it seemed to be what he was looking for. Made worse because he wasn't even entirely sure what he was actually looking for. At the very least he could settle with having learned a few new interesting things, but that didn't help with his nerves that'd only been building since he'd arrived.
21402.png >Brodcast's Lair
>They/Them-It/It's
>FR+2
^Greetings! feel free to call me
Borealis, Brodcast, Alis, etc^
Not paying that any mind, Iris plopped herself down with the book. Right now taking a read through it sat a higher priority in her mind.

It seemed to be a book on...potion brewing basics? Oooo. The closest thing to that she ever achieved to that was the Potion Craft demo, and she doubted it’ll work like watching a little bottle icon shimmy it’s way on a map. And while those were good childhood memories, pretending to be the apprentice of a swamp witch with Gramma probably didn’t count.
Not paying that any mind, Iris plopped herself down with the book. Right now taking a read through it sat a higher priority in her mind.

It seemed to be a book on...potion brewing basics? Oooo. The closest thing to that she ever achieved to that was the Potion Craft demo, and she doubted it’ll work like watching a little bottle icon shimmy it’s way on a map. And while those were good childhood memories, pretending to be the apprentice of a swamp witch with Gramma probably didn’t count.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
Orion

Orion strode through the corridor, his long limbs moving somewhere between elegantly and gangling. Rounding a corner he heard a small yelp followed by the thud of a body hitting the floor. Looking a few meters down the hallway he saw a girl sprawled on the ground, with colourful hair that reminded him of a sunrise. The teacher quickly approached and chuckled to himself as he offered a scarred hand to help her up.

"I'm Blackwey, nice jacket. You must be one of the new students?"
Orion

Orion strode through the corridor, his long limbs moving somewhere between elegantly and gangling. Rounding a corner he heard a small yelp followed by the thud of a body hitting the floor. Looking a few meters down the hallway he saw a girl sprawled on the ground, with colourful hair that reminded him of a sunrise. The teacher quickly approached and chuckled to himself as he offered a scarred hand to help her up.

"I'm Blackwey, nice jacket. You must be one of the new students?"
Hello, I'm Eoin || they/them || Canada || FR Time +3
"I'd rather claw my own eyes out than have to keep reading this," Cas growled to herself, closing the mathematics book she was reading a bit too harshly before pushing herself to her feet. She cast a glance at the boy who had settled at a nearby table before making her way back to where she roughly grabbed the one she had been pretending to be invested in.

Maybe she could find something about magical creatures. That would be so much more interesting. Might as well just keep grabbing a few and flipping them open so she didn't end up in the same position as last time.
"I'd rather claw my own eyes out than have to keep reading this," Cas growled to herself, closing the mathematics book she was reading a bit too harshly before pushing herself to her feet. She cast a glance at the boy who had settled at a nearby table before making her way back to where she roughly grabbed the one she had been pretending to be invested in.

Maybe she could find something about magical creatures. That would be so much more interesting. Might as well just keep grabbing a few and flipping them open so she didn't end up in the same position as last time.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Heyo my guys! Sorry for taking so long. I really didn't wanna leave a few people behind. But it has been quite a while. Sorry about that. Though now we can continue! Again, sorry fir the long wait ))
It was about time for dinner. There was a bell that was rang. It indicated that dinner was ready.

Ron
"Ah, will you look at the time? I guess it's time for me to pick something up to eat, eh?" he said, pretty much just talking to his dog. He moved away from the table full of specimens for now. He'd get back to them later. He took his leave from his secret lab, of course making sure that Duke came along. He pushed the shelf back in place and pushed back in the books he had used to open the passage. After that, he grabbed his mask and put it back on. He adjusted the strap a little so it wouldn't be loose on his face. With that, he unlocked his office and headed to the cafeteria.

Odin
Hearing the bell ring, he knew it was time for Dinner. A lot of the students were already heading to the cafeteria. Hopefully it wasn't that hard for the newcomers to realize it was time for dinner. As he walked, he saw a familiar figure ahead of him. It was Ron. None of the students seemed to want to go near the man. Well, that was usual. His attention turned to the cafeteria as he entered it. The food here smelled amazing. Snow was still happily wrapped around his neck.

Smells nice

Heyo my guys! Sorry for taking so long. I really didn't wanna leave a few people behind. But it has been quite a while. Sorry about that. Though now we can continue! Again, sorry fir the long wait ))
It was about time for dinner. There was a bell that was rang. It indicated that dinner was ready.

Ron
"Ah, will you look at the time? I guess it's time for me to pick something up to eat, eh?" he said, pretty much just talking to his dog. He moved away from the table full of specimens for now. He'd get back to them later. He took his leave from his secret lab, of course making sure that Duke came along. He pushed the shelf back in place and pushed back in the books he had used to open the passage. After that, he grabbed his mask and put it back on. He adjusted the strap a little so it wouldn't be loose on his face. With that, he unlocked his office and headed to the cafeteria.

Odin
Hearing the bell ring, he knew it was time for Dinner. A lot of the students were already heading to the cafeteria. Hopefully it wasn't that hard for the newcomers to realize it was time for dinner. As he walked, he saw a familiar figure ahead of him. It was Ron. None of the students seemed to want to go near the man. Well, that was usual. His attention turned to the cafeteria as he entered it. The food here smelled amazing. Snow was still happily wrapped around his neck.

Smells nice

(@GremlinEoin ACK SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE!)

Autumn noticed that there was a person who was standing there lending a hand to help her stand up. "Yeah, I'm one of the new students, I'm assuming that you're one of the teachers?" Autumn said as she got up from her fall with the help of this new person but quickly noticed that her arm was slightly bleeding.
(@GremlinEoin ACK SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE!)

Autumn noticed that there was a person who was standing there lending a hand to help her stand up. "Yeah, I'm one of the new students, I'm assuming that you're one of the teachers?" Autumn said as she got up from her fall with the help of this new person but quickly noticed that her arm was slightly bleeding.
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8