Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Gift Of Magic (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ron

Ron jerked his gloved hand just in time, so he wasn't bitten by the bird. "Ah, ah, ah. Naughty bird." He said, before holding his hand out for Theo again. When she did take his hand, he pulled Theo up to her feet and released her hand. He dusted off his gloves before crossing his arms again

"You are very welcome. Though that was quite the fall there." He responded. Unlike a lot of other people, he wasn't that bothered by Eninira's taxidermy animals. Yes, it was creepy, but he had seen much worse. It was actually pretty tame.

His dog, Duke rolled over for tummy rubs. Ron kneeled down and did exactly that. No, Unfortunately Ron didn't have a familiar anymore. He used to have a mountain lion as a familiar. Unfortunately, she died after he lost his magic. He had Duke because duke helped him cope and feel less lonely.
Ron

Ron jerked his gloved hand just in time, so he wasn't bitten by the bird. "Ah, ah, ah. Naughty bird." He said, before holding his hand out for Theo again. When she did take his hand, he pulled Theo up to her feet and released her hand. He dusted off his gloves before crossing his arms again

"You are very welcome. Though that was quite the fall there." He responded. Unlike a lot of other people, he wasn't that bothered by Eninira's taxidermy animals. Yes, it was creepy, but he had seen much worse. It was actually pretty tame.

His dog, Duke rolled over for tummy rubs. Ron kneeled down and did exactly that. No, Unfortunately Ron didn't have a familiar anymore. He used to have a mountain lion as a familiar. Unfortunately, she died after he lost his magic. He had Duke because duke helped him cope and feel less lonely.
“Pretty sure for half of the animals here, you need a license too.”
Iris shrugged. “Oh well, if it’s allowed it’s allowed. Just hope nobody gets hurt.”

Iris held out her hand for a handshake. “By the way, I’m Iris.”
“Pretty sure for half of the animals here, you need a license too.”
Iris shrugged. “Oh well, if it’s allowed it’s allowed. Just hope nobody gets hurt.”

Iris held out her hand for a handshake. “By the way, I’m Iris.”
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/y9qgwcR.png[/img] [center][font=Gabriola][size=5][b][u]Theseus Brightwater[/u][/b][/size][/font][/center] [center]--------[/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#0079bf]T[/color]hesues quickly realized just how daunting of a task this was going to be without any sort of guide while looking through one of the many, many looming bookshelves scattered throughout the area. He didn't really expect much less, though you'd think they'd at least have put up better signs for directions,,,, then again it was entirely his own fault for refusing to just ask somebody about it. There were so many resources actually here, and he wasn't sure he totally understood their organizing system either. It didn't help when he'd have to take extra time to read over the first few pages when he couldn't tell if something would be of any use to him just on the summary. Then after looking up to put one book he'd taken a look at back up on the shelf, he realized that out of the few other students in the library (besides who he guessed to be regular helpers) was the guy who'd first delivered the letters, and just a few minutes ago had shown the group to the dorm area. Theseus couldn't seem to recall his name,,,, regardless it sort of just reminded him that he didn't actually know what he was doing at this school to begin with, and which is why he was searching around this library at all. No, no he definitely wasn't interested it asking for help in his search. He'd come back to keep looking tomorrow, or,,, well maybe just all night if he really had to. Quickly he turned back to the bookshelf and did his best to speed up the process of looking through everything.
y9qgwcR.png
Theseus Brightwater

Thesues quickly realized just how daunting of a task this was going to be without any sort of guide while looking through one of the many, many looming bookshelves scattered throughout the area. He didn't really expect much less, though you'd think they'd at least have put up better signs for directions,,,, then again it was entirely his own fault for refusing to just ask somebody about it. There were so many resources actually here, and he wasn't sure he totally understood their organizing system either. It didn't help when he'd have to take extra time to read over the first few pages when he couldn't tell if something would be of any use to him just on the summary.

Then after looking up to put one book he'd taken a look at back up on the shelf, he realized that out of the few other students in the library (besides who he guessed to be regular helpers) was the guy who'd first delivered the letters, and just a few minutes ago had shown the group to the dorm area. Theseus couldn't seem to recall his name,,,, regardless it sort of just reminded him that he didn't actually know what he was doing at this school to begin with, and which is why he was searching around this library at all. No, no he definitely wasn't interested it asking for help in his search. He'd come back to keep looking tomorrow, or,,, well maybe just all night if he really had to. Quickly he turned back to the bookshelf and did his best to speed up the process of looking through everything.
21402.png >Brodcast's Lair
>They/Them-It/It's
>FR+2
^Greetings! feel free to call me
Borealis, Brodcast, Alis, etc^
Casey would be lying if she said she enjoyed reading. She could never get through a book since she couldn't sit still long enough and her mind wandered too much, causing her to reread the same paragraph over and over again. It became an infuriating cycle that she decided to just avoid as a whole.

But, as she trudged out of her room and followed the map to the library, she hoped one of these books could put her to sleep. She might find an encyclopedia or something like that to bore her to death. She liked mythology and tales of warriors and heroes alike, so maybe she could find something like that in there.

Preferably with lots of pictures.

Comic books. Casey was only able to read comic books.

Maybe they had information on what the hell she was suddenly part of. She wasn't ignorant to the topic of magic, no. Before her mother passed away, she was skilled in the magical arts or whatever the hell they were called. As far as Casey knew, though, her mother didn't attend a freakishly huge castle that was called a school.

She couldn't hold in her snort as she studied the intricate mahogany doors before her. She didn't dawdle, though, and pushed her way in, scrunching up her nose at the smell of paper and wood.

Might as well get this over with.
Casey would be lying if she said she enjoyed reading. She could never get through a book since she couldn't sit still long enough and her mind wandered too much, causing her to reread the same paragraph over and over again. It became an infuriating cycle that she decided to just avoid as a whole.

But, as she trudged out of her room and followed the map to the library, she hoped one of these books could put her to sleep. She might find an encyclopedia or something like that to bore her to death. She liked mythology and tales of warriors and heroes alike, so maybe she could find something like that in there.

Preferably with lots of pictures.

Comic books. Casey was only able to read comic books.

Maybe they had information on what the hell she was suddenly part of. She wasn't ignorant to the topic of magic, no. Before her mother passed away, she was skilled in the magical arts or whatever the hell they were called. As far as Casey knew, though, her mother didn't attend a freakishly huge castle that was called a school.

She couldn't hold in her snort as she studied the intricate mahogany doors before her. She didn't dawdle, though, and pushed her way in, scrunching up her nose at the smell of paper and wood.

Might as well get this over with.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Autumn walked into her dorm room and flopped on her bed, "Mmm comfy."
Autumn walked into her dorm room and flopped on her bed, "Mmm comfy."
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
Nathan gave Iris a lopsided smile. "Nathanael," he said in response. At first he accidentally reached out with the hand that still had a mouse in it, but he quickly noticed and switched so that Geneviva didn't get crushed. "And yes, I'm also unsure of how these people are taming and legally keeping some of these incredibly exotic animals, but I guess that's the power of magic, ooooh~" Nathanael put Genny back and waved his hands around for emphasis.

Just then, he had the thought that he probably should learn more about magic, and this place especially. Father was always reluctant to go much into detail about magical matters, and Nathanael didn't think he knew very much anyway. Even still, that left Nathanael kind of floundering in a world where he was now supposed to eat, sleep, and breathe magic.

"I think I'm going to try and find the library. Knowing this magical place, they probably have a bunch of old, dusty, restricted tomes that I can get my mitts on," Nathan said. "Would you like to join me?"

"Yes, I don't quite know why it keeps happening to this extent -- awww!!" Without thinking, Theo started giving Duke belly rubs as well, babbling at him in borderline incomprehensible English. Of course, she should have asked either Duke or Ron for permission, but she wasn't thinking.
Nathan gave Iris a lopsided smile. "Nathanael," he said in response. At first he accidentally reached out with the hand that still had a mouse in it, but he quickly noticed and switched so that Geneviva didn't get crushed. "And yes, I'm also unsure of how these people are taming and legally keeping some of these incredibly exotic animals, but I guess that's the power of magic, ooooh~" Nathanael put Genny back and waved his hands around for emphasis.

Just then, he had the thought that he probably should learn more about magic, and this place especially. Father was always reluctant to go much into detail about magical matters, and Nathanael didn't think he knew very much anyway. Even still, that left Nathanael kind of floundering in a world where he was now supposed to eat, sleep, and breathe magic.

"I think I'm going to try and find the library. Knowing this magical place, they probably have a bunch of old, dusty, restricted tomes that I can get my mitts on," Nathan said. "Would you like to join me?"

"Yes, I don't quite know why it keeps happening to this extent -- awww!!" Without thinking, Theo started giving Duke belly rubs as well, babbling at him in borderline incomprehensible English. Of course, she should have asked either Duke or Ron for permission, but she wasn't thinking.
~bxsmxth~
(bismuth)
JvUa9ma.png
z9OsVtc.png
kCHWEjf.png
XibRJY8.png
11efmKl.png
lAvpyOQ.png
eTU8p7x.png
rtTYnrX.png
fHKOi67.png
BT1N47G.png
JPbBP0q.png
uVEyOnT.png
8GgdVkW.png
Nkk0jLq.png
hmlE0W8.png
FBhgews.png
YMPbu9R.png
Z2soOA2.png
4kekx4D.png
Q0Bai3e.png
AkSGmT9.png
WKtl2lb.png
ani_bw-S_648-pirouette.gif
( was about to post something when my cat started to lick the arm of my chair)

Autumn Stood up and walked to the door of her dorm and poked her head out the door to check if the coast was clear.

(Is there anybody nearby her dorm right now or-?)
( was about to post something when my cat started to lick the arm of my chair)

Autumn Stood up and walked to the door of her dorm and poked her head out the door to check if the coast was clear.

(Is there anybody nearby her dorm right now or-?)
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
Ron

Ron let Theo do so, and stopped petting Duke for now. Duke didn't really seem to mind. In fact, Duke's tail was wagging so fast that it was just a blur. Ron crossed his arms back up again. It was impossible to see his face expression, but he had a small smile on his face.

"Oh yes! That's the spot! Ahhhhhhhh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are a friend. You are one of the bestest friends." Duke said, though nobody would understand except for Theo.

After a while, he whistled at Duke, who rolled back over and sat down normally. His tail was still wagging like crazy. Ron pat Duke's head. "Well, I hope you two have a good year with your students. I'll probably just be roaming around, as usual, until i'm needed."
Ron

Ron let Theo do so, and stopped petting Duke for now. Duke didn't really seem to mind. In fact, Duke's tail was wagging so fast that it was just a blur. Ron crossed his arms back up again. It was impossible to see his face expression, but he had a small smile on his face.

"Oh yes! That's the spot! Ahhhhhhhh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are a friend. You are one of the bestest friends." Duke said, though nobody would understand except for Theo.

After a while, he whistled at Duke, who rolled back over and sat down normally. His tail was still wagging like crazy. Ron pat Duke's head. "Well, I hope you two have a good year with your students. I'll probably just be roaming around, as usual, until i'm needed."
Casey was quick to stride over to the nearest shelf, humming to herself as she brushed her fingers up against the leather spines of some old tomes.

Wait to fit the magical stereotype, she snickered to herself, resisting the urge to pull one of the thick books off of the shelf, knowing fully well that she wouldn't understand a lick of information.

Tilting her head to the side, she kept to to the front of the vast library, an eye on the door and on the time. She dimly wondered if they had any comic books here.

I doubt it, she thought, a frown tilting her lips down as her shoulders slumped.
Casey was quick to stride over to the nearest shelf, humming to herself as she brushed her fingers up against the leather spines of some old tomes.

Wait to fit the magical stereotype, she snickered to herself, resisting the urge to pull one of the thick books off of the shelf, knowing fully well that she wouldn't understand a lick of information.

Tilting her head to the side, she kept to to the front of the vast library, an eye on the door and on the time. She dimly wondered if they had any comic books here.

I doubt it, she thought, a frown tilting her lips down as her shoulders slumped.
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
"Heck yeah, I'd be down for that!"
Iris is still working on using stronger words than "heck" now that she's no longer under the thumbs of her mom and dad, although she guessed it was a good thing she wasn't going to come off as vulgar for her first impression.
"You wouldn't happen to know where the library is, would you?"
"Heck yeah, I'd be down for that!"
Iris is still working on using stronger words than "heck" now that she's no longer under the thumbs of her mom and dad, although she guessed it was a good thing she wasn't going to come off as vulgar for her first impression.
"You wouldn't happen to know where the library is, would you?"
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8