Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | POV of why some users are not happy
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
[quote name="Avarice" date="2021-05-08 23:03:35" ]It's not that it's not for me - I've played around with Nuzlockes before. The problem is that choosing to do a Nuzlocke and choosing to play within the limitations of game mechanics are two very different approaches to challenge-style playing. I'm sure there's overlap, with people who get a kick out of both, but the appeal of a Nuzlocke is not replicated by the appeal of inherent game mechanic restrictions. [/quote] Oh, I understand that, my point was that I don't think it's condescending. Those suggesting this may not understand the difference between these kinds of challenges or they may not personally feel there's much of a difference for whatever reason. (eg. someone who preferred to pick up cheap primals and make them nice probably put only as much or less effort into it than geneing up G1s, so they might not fully consider the other challenging aspects random eye types lent to gameplay.) Overall I think there's a lot of talking at cross purposes going on here because some people just fundamentally don't understand the points other people are trying to make, which makes it difficult for anyone to come to any sort of agreement.
Avarice wrote on 2021-05-08 23:03:35:
It's not that it's not for me - I've played around with Nuzlockes before. The problem is that choosing to do a Nuzlocke and choosing to play within the limitations of game mechanics are two very different approaches to challenge-style playing. I'm sure there's overlap, with people who get a kick out of both, but the appeal of a Nuzlocke is not replicated by the appeal of inherent game mechanic restrictions.

Oh, I understand that, my point was that I don't think it's condescending. Those suggesting this may not understand the difference between these kinds of challenges or they may not personally feel there's much of a difference for whatever reason. (eg. someone who preferred to pick up cheap primals and make them nice probably put only as much or less effort into it than geneing up G1s, so they might not fully consider the other challenging aspects random eye types lent to gameplay.)

Overall I think there's a lot of talking at cross purposes going on here because some people just fundamentally don't understand the points other people are trying to make, which makes it difficult for anyone to come to any sort of agreement.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
@Bantymom I agree with you. I also don't even know why the scattersights were considered a mistake beside people upset about them. Because they are rng based? Just change the coliseum rewards, gathering, Roundsey, scatterscrolls, eggs, Pinkerton and pretty much the rest of the whole site. Does that mean if people get mad enough we can get rid of rng from the rest of the site? Wouldn't even be the same game at that point. Not that it really feels the same anymore anyways

@Galaxtea you might be suprised how much of us "long term players" that were around before first eye update still hate this current update. I personally have dragons from 5 (almost six years ago). I scattervialed many of them on the 3 day window everyone was supposed to have. I will not be using these cheap knock-off vials on my dragons anyone can slap on these days like some kind of gimmick. Until the first eye update no one ever really conceived of changing a dragons eyes all they were good for was telling you the Flight. My attitude on eyes hasn't really changed ever. I don't need to get rid of old dragons to get better eyes for them. I don't care. Feeling like I've been lied to for years is my problem
@Bantymom I agree with you. I also don't even know why the scattersights were considered a mistake beside people upset about them. Because they are rng based? Just change the coliseum rewards, gathering, Roundsey, scatterscrolls, eggs, Pinkerton and pretty much the rest of the whole site. Does that mean if people get mad enough we can get rid of rng from the rest of the site? Wouldn't even be the same game at that point. Not that it really feels the same anymore anyways

@Galaxtea you might be suprised how much of us "long term players" that were around before first eye update still hate this current update. I personally have dragons from 5 (almost six years ago). I scattervialed many of them on the 3 day window everyone was supposed to have. I will not be using these cheap knock-off vials on my dragons anyone can slap on these days like some kind of gimmick. Until the first eye update no one ever really conceived of changing a dragons eyes all they were good for was telling you the Flight. My attitude on eyes hasn't really changed ever. I don't need to get rid of old dragons to get better eyes for them. I don't care. Feeling like I've been lied to for years is my problem
This post really has hit the nail on the head for me. While I collect G1s I'm very much an internally motivated player. I joined in 2013 and like many, but not all oldies see this game as customisation, not challenge oriented. The original eye update was only interesting until I realised the vials weren't permanent and 90+% of my permas (which I would never replace) would never benefit from them. What made it worse was the original eye colours were changed with no possibility to revert them. The whole eye update just made me feel sick after that. While I cannot understand externally/challenge motivated players, if they feel half as sick as I did after the first update I can at least sympathise with that. Primal vials should also have been handled differently (gem/Joxar etc.). [quote name="Toska" date="2021-05-08 22:15:55" ] Basically there's a difference between internally and externally motivated players. The players that say things like "just make a personal challenge" don't understand the needs of the externally motivated player. From the perspective of someone externally motivated, they may think 'well why would I do a challenge for no reason? Now my g1 primal is worth a tiny fraction of what it used to be, and why would I continue what I used to do (say, hatching eggs) when there's easier ways to do it. My gameplay lost meaning.' Working within the confines of the old system was what made it fun for those kinds of players. The old system gave primals a lot more rarity and it's a sort of rarity that was easily understood by everyone playing the game. I think this kind of need to be validated externally is what made the accusations of 'elitism' fly around. The internally motivated players, I think, are the kind of players who don't understand why others don't like a dragon 'for what it is', aka 'if you truly loved this dragon, why are you upset it lost value'. But since these dragons are pixels, it's not wrong to value them mostly or only for stonks or rarity. It also ties back into what others have brought up as 'customization' vs 'challenge' kind of players. The 'customization' people are just happy they can change their dragons eyes to primal much more easily now. I think those players are usually internally driven; they might think well, maybe I sunk a lot of money into my old g1 primals, but I still like them and I'm stoked I get to primal eye my other dragons too. I think the 'challenge' people are more externally driven and prefer 'site imposed challenges' over 'personal challenges'. So those who decided to get into primal eyes because they liked the challenge of it, or the rarity, or the expense have basically lost that reason to like primals anymore. [/quote]
This post really has hit the nail on the head for me. While I collect G1s I'm very much an internally motivated player. I joined in 2013 and like many, but not all oldies see this game as customisation, not challenge oriented. The original eye update was only interesting until I realised the vials weren't permanent and 90+% of my permas (which I would never replace) would never benefit from them. What made it worse was the original eye colours were changed with no possibility to revert them. The whole eye update just made me feel sick after that.

While I cannot understand externally/challenge motivated players, if they feel half as sick as I did after the first update I can at least sympathise with that. Primal vials should also have been handled differently (gem/Joxar etc.).

Toska wrote on 2021-05-08 22:15:55:
Basically there's a difference between internally and externally motivated players. The players that say things like "just make a personal challenge" don't understand the needs of the externally motivated player.

From the perspective of someone externally motivated, they may think 'well why would I do a challenge for no reason? Now my g1 primal is worth a tiny fraction of what it used to be, and why would I continue what I used to do (say, hatching eggs) when there's easier ways to do it. My gameplay lost meaning.' Working within the confines of the old system was what made it fun for those kinds of players. The old system gave primals a lot more rarity and it's a sort of rarity that was easily understood by everyone playing the game. I think this kind of need to be validated externally is what made the accusations of 'elitism' fly around. The internally motivated players, I think, are the kind of players who don't understand why others don't like a dragon 'for what it is', aka 'if you truly loved this dragon, why are you upset it lost value'. But since these dragons are pixels, it's not wrong to value them mostly or only for stonks or rarity.

It also ties back into what others have brought up as 'customization' vs 'challenge' kind of players. The 'customization' people are just happy they can change their dragons eyes to primal much more easily now. I think those players are usually internally driven; they might think well, maybe I sunk a lot of money into my old g1 primals, but I still like them and I'm stoked I get to primal eye my other dragons too. I think the 'challenge' people are more externally driven and prefer 'site imposed challenges' over 'personal challenges'. So those who decided to get into primal eyes because they liked the challenge of it, or the rarity, or the expense have basically lost that reason to like primals anymore.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
After review, we're going to go ahead and lock these threads on the topic of last week's update on eye types.

We appreciate everyone who took the time to share their feedback and feelings on the update, and how it impacted their personal and preferred method of gameplay and interacting with the site. Please know that your feedback has been documented for team review.

If you have any additional gameplay suggestions, please remember to post them in the Suggestions Forum.

If you have feedback or suggestions to share regarding our policies or the team, you must submit that to us directly through Contact Us.

Thank you for understanding.
After review, we're going to go ahead and lock these threads on the topic of last week's update on eye types.

We appreciate everyone who took the time to share their feedback and feelings on the update, and how it impacted their personal and preferred method of gameplay and interacting with the site. Please know that your feedback has been documented for team review.

If you have any additional gameplay suggestions, please remember to post them in the Suggestions Forum.

If you have feedback or suggestions to share regarding our policies or the team, you must submit that to us directly through Contact Us.

Thank you for understanding.
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33