Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | POV of why some users are not happy
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32 33
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-05-06 19:51:09" ] [quote name="@landipan" date="2021-05-06 19:26:31" ] [quote name="Darkfeather" date="2021-05-06 16:40:18" ] recallback Thanks for that sentiment. <3 Ngl it’s been hard for me. I never planned to quit the game but I’ve entertained ideas of selling half my lair, moving to another flight, and starting over lol. Idk if that’s the hurt feelings or not but a change might be nice. I’m thinking about it and I hope I can get back the love for this place I had before this update happened. [/quote] Me too, I've felt a little lost since the update, my gameplay goals and plans no longer seem to have a point. Right now I'm focusing on leveling my breeding pairs to throw in the hibden but after that I kind of need to take a step back from FR and figure out what I want out of the game now, I've also been considering finding a pet sim game that focuses more on breeding for rarities since that seems to be what I've enjoyed the most out of FR. I don't know what I'll do in the long-term, if I'll find a new way to enjoy FR or if I'l have to move on? [/quote] I would suggest maybe taking a look at Sylestia. It is more RPG type focused, but it also is focused on breeding. (just giving a little rundown on it) There are many different pets, that can't interbreed with each other. Each pet has 6 trait slots that can be none, carried, visible or hidden (visible+carried). You can have up to 12 trait points, with carried traits having a cost of 1 point, and visible being 2. (hidden traits and none don't have costs) Each pet also has three body colors, eye color, two accent colors and 6 trait slot colors. When you start you can create a pet with 4 trait points (I believe, two visible), and you can choose all colors. During game play you can catch pets that can have no trait points, all the way up to, I think, 10 or 12 trait points, though those are EXTREMELY rare to find. The more trait points the rarer it is to find a pet. There are things called 'themed' pets that are special pets that are generated with certain color schemes. These are generally the pets that are 'worth' more than regular non-themed pets. There are various ways to find these pets. The focus is on breeding though, you can rarely find a pet with more than one or two visible traits, thus if you want a six visible pet, you have to breed for it. There are some items you can use on certain pets to give them one more trait, but it can be random and only works on certain types of pets. I don't know if this would be to your liking, but you might check it out and see if it is something you want. [/quote] Thank you for the rec! I'll check it out it, sounds like it'd be right up my ally!
Jemadar wrote on 2021-05-06 19:51:09:
@landipan wrote on 2021-05-06 19:26:31:
Darkfeather wrote on 2021-05-06 16:40:18:
recallback

Thanks for that sentiment. <3

Ngl it’s been hard for me. I never planned to quit the game but I’ve entertained ideas of selling half my lair, moving to another flight, and starting over lol. Idk if that’s the hurt feelings or not but a change might be nice. I’m thinking about it and I hope I can get back the love for this place I had before this update happened.

Me too, I've felt a little lost since the update, my gameplay goals and plans no longer seem to have a point. Right now I'm focusing on leveling my breeding pairs to throw in the hibden but after that I kind of need to take a step back from FR and figure out what I want out of the game now, I've also been considering finding a pet sim game that focuses more on breeding for rarities since that seems to be what I've enjoyed the most out of FR. I don't know what I'll do in the long-term, if I'll find a new way to enjoy FR or if I'l have to move on?
I would suggest maybe taking a look at Sylestia.

It is more RPG type focused, but it also is focused on breeding. (just giving a little rundown on it)

There are many different pets, that can't interbreed with each other. Each pet has 6 trait slots that can be none, carried, visible or hidden (visible+carried). You can have up to 12 trait points, with carried traits having a cost of 1 point, and visible being 2. (hidden traits and none don't have costs)

Each pet also has three body colors, eye color, two accent colors and 6 trait slot colors.

When you start you can create a pet with 4 trait points (I believe, two visible), and you can choose all colors.

During game play you can catch pets that can have no trait points, all the way up to, I think, 10 or 12 trait points, though those are EXTREMELY rare to find. The more trait points the rarer it is to find a pet.

There are things called 'themed' pets that are special pets that are generated with certain color schemes. These are generally the pets that are 'worth' more than regular non-themed pets. There are various ways to find these pets.

The focus is on breeding though, you can rarely find a pet with more than one or two visible traits, thus if you want a six visible pet, you have to breed for it. There are some items you can use on certain pets to give them one more trait, but it can be random and only works on certain types of pets.

I don't know if this would be to your liking, but you might check it out and see if it is something you want.

Thank you for the rec! I'll check it out it, sounds like it'd be right up my ally!
60218142.png
[quote name="landipan" date="2021-05-06 19:55:16" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-05-06 19:51:09" ] [quote name="@landipan" date="2021-05-06 19:26:31" ] [quote name="Darkfeather" date="2021-05-06 16:40:18" ] recallback Thanks for that sentiment. <3 Ngl it’s been hard for me. I never planned to quit the game but I’ve entertained ideas of selling half my lair, moving to another flight, and starting over lol. Idk if that’s the hurt feelings or not but a change might be nice. I’m thinking about it and I hope I can get back the love for this place I had before this update happened. [/quote] Me too, I've felt a little lost since the update, my gameplay goals and plans no longer seem to have a point. Right now I'm focusing on leveling my breeding pairs to throw in the hibden but after that I kind of need to take a step back from FR and figure out what I want out of the game now, I've also been considering finding a pet sim game that focuses more on breeding for rarities since that seems to be what I've enjoyed the most out of FR. I don't know what I'll do in the long-term, if I'll find a new way to enjoy FR or if I'l have to move on? [/quote] I would suggest maybe taking a look at Sylestia. It is more RPG type focused, but it also is focused on breeding. (just giving a little rundown on it) There are many different pets, that can't interbreed with each other. Each pet has 6 trait slots that can be none, carried, visible or hidden (visible+carried). You can have up to 12 trait points, with carried traits having a cost of 1 point, and visible being 2. (hidden traits and none don't have costs) Each pet also has three body colors, eye color, two accent colors and 6 trait slot colors. When you start you can create a pet with 4 trait points (I believe, two visible), and you can choose all colors. During game play you can catch pets that can have no trait points, all the way up to, I think, 10 or 12 trait points, though those are EXTREMELY rare to find. The more trait points the rarer it is to find a pet. There are things called 'themed' pets that are special pets that are generated with certain color schemes. These are generally the pets that are 'worth' more than regular non-themed pets. There are various ways to find these pets. The focus is on breeding though, you can rarely find a pet with more than one or two visible traits, thus if you want a six visible pet, you have to breed for it. There are some items you can use on certain pets to give them one more trait, but it can be random and only works on certain types of pets. I don't know if this would be to your liking, but you might check it out and see if it is something you want. [/quote] Thank you for the rec! I'll check it out it, sounds like it'd be right up my ally! [/quote] If you do (or anyone else reading), there is a festival coming up on May 12th. If you do decide to play and stick around, just contact Jemadar #130932 over there and I might have some pets I can toss you.
landipan wrote on 2021-05-06 19:55:16:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-05-06 19:51:09:
@landipan wrote on 2021-05-06 19:26:31:
Darkfeather wrote on 2021-05-06 16:40:18:
recallback

Thanks for that sentiment. <3

Ngl it’s been hard for me. I never planned to quit the game but I’ve entertained ideas of selling half my lair, moving to another flight, and starting over lol. Idk if that’s the hurt feelings or not but a change might be nice. I’m thinking about it and I hope I can get back the love for this place I had before this update happened.

Me too, I've felt a little lost since the update, my gameplay goals and plans no longer seem to have a point. Right now I'm focusing on leveling my breeding pairs to throw in the hibden but after that I kind of need to take a step back from FR and figure out what I want out of the game now, I've also been considering finding a pet sim game that focuses more on breeding for rarities since that seems to be what I've enjoyed the most out of FR. I don't know what I'll do in the long-term, if I'll find a new way to enjoy FR or if I'l have to move on?
I would suggest maybe taking a look at Sylestia.

It is more RPG type focused, but it also is focused on breeding. (just giving a little rundown on it)

There are many different pets, that can't interbreed with each other. Each pet has 6 trait slots that can be none, carried, visible or hidden (visible+carried). You can have up to 12 trait points, with carried traits having a cost of 1 point, and visible being 2. (hidden traits and none don't have costs)

Each pet also has three body colors, eye color, two accent colors and 6 trait slot colors.

When you start you can create a pet with 4 trait points (I believe, two visible), and you can choose all colors.

During game play you can catch pets that can have no trait points, all the way up to, I think, 10 or 12 trait points, though those are EXTREMELY rare to find. The more trait points the rarer it is to find a pet.

There are things called 'themed' pets that are special pets that are generated with certain color schemes. These are generally the pets that are 'worth' more than regular non-themed pets. There are various ways to find these pets.

The focus is on breeding though, you can rarely find a pet with more than one or two visible traits, thus if you want a six visible pet, you have to breed for it. There are some items you can use on certain pets to give them one more trait, but it can be random and only works on certain types of pets.

I don't know if this would be to your liking, but you might check it out and see if it is something you want.

Thank you for the rec! I'll check it out it, sounds like it'd be right up my ally!
If you do (or anyone else reading), there is a festival coming up on May 12th. If you do decide to play and stick around, just contact Jemadar #130932 over there and I might have some pets I can toss you.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The more I think about and read about people's concerns, I think the worst thing out of the update is the lack of communications. IF STAFF actually communicated in a visible way, this update probably wouldn't feel as bad. I wasn't happy with the original update, but *3 years* of no communication about it, people getting used to that system only to have it completely changed suddenly....

I've really no idea what staff was going for here. After so long i would think they learn to be more transparent about things such as introducing game altering items or mechanics. Seems they'll never be transparent with us in certain regards and that makes me sad and ultimately frustrated.
Like what other crazy things are they going to add? How game altering will it be, how will it rely on RNG or the player? What's next to completely change? How drastically different will it be from the original?
I just feel updates like this crushes trust between players and the staff team.
The more I think about and read about people's concerns, I think the worst thing out of the update is the lack of communications. IF STAFF actually communicated in a visible way, this update probably wouldn't feel as bad. I wasn't happy with the original update, but *3 years* of no communication about it, people getting used to that system only to have it completely changed suddenly....

I've really no idea what staff was going for here. After so long i would think they learn to be more transparent about things such as introducing game altering items or mechanics. Seems they'll never be transparent with us in certain regards and that makes me sad and ultimately frustrated.
Like what other crazy things are they going to add? How game altering will it be, how will it rely on RNG or the player? What's next to completely change? How drastically different will it be from the original?
I just feel updates like this crushes trust between players and the staff team.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
As someone who spent like over 100kg to get a full set of g1 primal and even more gem to scatter their colors. I don't regret it at all. I know it sucks for a lot of ppl but the value of your dragons matter to you not to everyone else.

You could get the most ugly g1 dragon ever that everyone despite but you absolutely love , gene it up slap a custom accent/skin on it , dress it and call it a dream dragon and it's the most valuable dragon you ever own because you love that dragon. My point is no whatever what happen as long as you really love your dragons and treasure the time, money and effort you put in that dragon. Does the rest really matter ?

You play the game for yourself not for other ppl so the pride you should feel about your dragons should sitll be intact no matter what. You don't need other ppl to validate your pride and your effort for you because deep down inside you know you worked hard for your dragons and it's all matter .

Sorry for a long essay. I just want to express what I feel with this update. I know I lost a lot of money, effort and time on my dragons but I have never regret my decision and that's my true pride. I'm truly happy with my dragons no matter what.

I'm also happy for players who couldn't afford primal g1 dragons before too now they can make their dream dragons primals if they want to. And that will be their own pride, you don't have to devalue other ppl pride to feel your own pride. Everyone can have their own pride without searching the validation from other players
As someone who spent like over 100kg to get a full set of g1 primal and even more gem to scatter their colors. I don't regret it at all. I know it sucks for a lot of ppl but the value of your dragons matter to you not to everyone else.

You could get the most ugly g1 dragon ever that everyone despite but you absolutely love , gene it up slap a custom accent/skin on it , dress it and call it a dream dragon and it's the most valuable dragon you ever own because you love that dragon. My point is no whatever what happen as long as you really love your dragons and treasure the time, money and effort you put in that dragon. Does the rest really matter ?

You play the game for yourself not for other ppl so the pride you should feel about your dragons should sitll be intact no matter what. You don't need other ppl to validate your pride and your effort for you because deep down inside you know you worked hard for your dragons and it's all matter .

Sorry for a long essay. I just want to express what I feel with this update. I know I lost a lot of money, effort and time on my dragons but I have never regret my decision and that's my true pride. I'm truly happy with my dragons no matter what.

I'm also happy for players who couldn't afford primal g1 dragons before too now they can make their dream dragons primals if they want to. And that will be their own pride, you don't have to devalue other ppl pride to feel your own pride. Everyone can have their own pride without searching the validation from other players
tDeKDnH.png8113890e65468d3e592e04d0586e31cc.pngss.png
My lair is mostly primals & multi eyes that I’ve spent tens of thousands of gems obtaining and I couldn’t possibly be happier for this update. I’ve spent YEARS trying to breed an XXX obsidian plague primal M imp, and now I can finally get one! And at a reasonable price, not 3k+ gems!

I can get rid of a bunch of my primal breeders now and actually have room to bring some old favorites out of storage, or work on non-primal breeding projects.

It doesn’t give me a sense of accomplishment to spend YEARS ON END trying to reach a single, simple goal, because by the time I end up breeding it, I’ve gotten so frustrated by the wait that it’s not fun anymore, I’m just relieved it’s over.
My lair is mostly primals & multi eyes that I’ve spent tens of thousands of gems obtaining and I couldn’t possibly be happier for this update. I’ve spent YEARS trying to breed an XXX obsidian plague primal M imp, and now I can finally get one! And at a reasonable price, not 3k+ gems!

I can get rid of a bunch of my primal breeders now and actually have room to bring some old favorites out of storage, or work on non-primal breeding projects.

It doesn’t give me a sense of accomplishment to spend YEARS ON END trying to reach a single, simple goal, because by the time I end up breeding it, I’ve gotten so frustrated by the wait that it’s not fun anymore, I’m just relieved it’s over.
Participation.png6ZO43b3.png
[quote name="Altassar" date="2021-05-07 15:38:55" ] As someone who spent like over 100kg to get a full set of g1 primal and even more gem to scatter their colors. I don't regret it at all. I know it sucks for a lot of ppl but the value of your dragons matter to you not to everyone else. You could get the most ugly g1 dragon ever that everyone despite but you absolutely love , gene it up slap a custom accent/skin on it , dress it and call it a dream dragon and it's the most valuable dragon you ever own because you love that dragon. My point is no whatever what happen as long as you really love your dragons and treasure the time, money and effort you put in that dragon. Does the rest really matter ? You play the game for yourself not for other ppl so the pride you should feel about your dragons should sitll be intact no matter what. You don't need other ppl to validate your pride and your effort for you because deep down inside you know you worked hard for your dragons and it's all matter . Sorry for a long essay. I just want to express what I feel with this update. I know I lost a lot of money, effort and time on my dragons but I have never regret my decision and that's my true pride. I'm truly happy with my dragons no matter what. I'm also happy for players who couldn't afford primal g1 dragons before too now they can make their dream dragons primals if they want to. And that will be their own pride, you don't have to devalue other ppl pride to feel your own pride. Everyone can have their own pride without searching the validation from other players [/quote] I don't think most people feel that they need to devalue other players to be proud of their own dragons. At least I know I don't, and I've seen plenty of other people in this thread say things to that affect too. I don't value my dragons based on what other people think or like. I tend to keep weird dragons that would never sell for anything above fodder, but I love them and it doesn't matter if nobody else does. So my feelings changing toward special eyes because of this update has nothing to do with how many other people have dragons with those same rare eyes. It just... feels less special to me because while I may have spent a year or more breeding for a primal (I've only managed to hatch one myself in all the time eye types have existed, and that was just a few weeks ago, lol), it doesn't carry the same gravity when I could give those eyes to any dragon I want whenever I want with a chunk of treasure. Someone earlier in this thread said that there's a difference between challenges that you set for yourself and challenges that exist because that's the way the game is, and I think that's the core of it. Doing it because you have to and doing it because you want to don't fill the same space. And some people will enjoy challenging themselves by choice for certain eyes, but others just don't get that same thrill or satisfaction, and it's got nothing to do with how their dragons compare to others. And I absolutely don't think there's anything wrong with any of this. There are tons of different people who like different things, and a lot of them really love this update. I'm glad it benefits more players, both current and future. It would have been nice if staff could have implemented a system other than just releasing the vials--maybe not retiring scatter vials, swapping eyes from one dragon to another, some item that increases the odds of special eyes without guaranteeing a certain type, or give them out as a reward for some other kind of activity. There were a lot of great suggestions--so people could get special eyes on whichever dragon they wanted, but it would still take some kind of work beyond saving up treasure and maybe kept some of the randomness, if not all of it. I may be wrong, but I think everyone could have benefited from that more than they did this. And of course everyone who was upset by this update had their own reasons. Some people [i]were[/i] upset about monetary value. I mean we're all allowed to play FR the ways we want for the reasons we want, so it's not wrong to be upset about lost value. But you know, this update affected everyone differently and some of those who are upset aren't upset because of the value of their dragons against others'.
Altassar wrote on 2021-05-07 15:38:55:

I don't think most people feel that they need to devalue other players to be proud of their own dragons. At least I know I don't, and I've seen plenty of other people in this thread say things to that affect too.

I don't value my dragons based on what other people think or like. I tend to keep weird dragons that would never sell for anything above fodder, but I love them and it doesn't matter if nobody else does. So my feelings changing toward special eyes because of this update has nothing to do with how many other people have dragons with those same rare eyes. It just... feels less special to me because while I may have spent a year or more breeding for a primal (I've only managed to hatch one myself in all the time eye types have existed, and that was just a few weeks ago, lol), it doesn't carry the same gravity when I could give those eyes to any dragon I want whenever I want with a chunk of treasure.

Someone earlier in this thread said that there's a difference between challenges that you set for yourself and challenges that exist because that's the way the game is, and I think that's the core of it. Doing it because you have to and doing it because you want to don't fill the same space. And some people will enjoy challenging themselves by choice for certain eyes, but others just don't get that same thrill or satisfaction, and it's got nothing to do with how their dragons compare to others.

And I absolutely don't think there's anything wrong with any of this. There are tons of different people who like different things, and a lot of them really love this update. I'm glad it benefits more players, both current and future. It would have been nice if staff could have implemented a system other than just releasing the vials--maybe not retiring scatter vials, swapping eyes from one dragon to another, some item that increases the odds of special eyes without guaranteeing a certain type, or give them out as a reward for some other kind of activity. There were a lot of great suggestions--so people could get special eyes on whichever dragon they wanted, but it would still take some kind of work beyond saving up treasure and maybe kept some of the randomness, if not all of it. I may be wrong, but I think everyone could have benefited from that more than they did this.

And of course everyone who was upset by this update had their own reasons. Some people were upset about monetary value. I mean we're all allowed to play FR the ways we want for the reasons we want, so it's not wrong to be upset about lost value. But you know, this update affected everyone differently and some of those who are upset aren't upset because of the value of their dragons against others'.
[quote name="Toska" date="2021-05-06 12:51:24" ] So, I'm just going to go over the precedents and list out how long it took for this feature to be added, economic effect, and an attempt to list out any gameplay effects. Oh, and to my knowledge, all these changes were implemented out of the blue, with no warning. Scrying workshop - about a year after site first opened. Basically no economic effect, genes can be easily resold. Absolute worst case scenario is a 15% loss on all purchased treasure genes for those who hosted the service and a likely smaller percentage loss for gem genes, but this service was only offered by a few players. I truly doubt players mourned the loss of having to send their dragons to others and try to piece together individual previews if they wanted to gene all 3 genes at once. Staff did do a 180 on this, but I do not think anyone had an issue with that Roundsey - 5 years after site opened. Light sprites were near 100000g prior, and fell to about 60000g, a 40% loss. Retired items all across the board probably took varying hits. The overall economic impact would be rather huge, given how many retired items there are. Staff did go back on their word on retired items remaining retired, but it was still a bit of a loophole because the items weren't redistributed in the same way. Instead, there was Roundsey. I think Roundsey had a limited effect gameplay wise. It's a fallacious argument to argue that Roundsey made retired items "pointless" simply because someone can theoretically win a light sprite for 1 ticket. Sure it's theoretically possible, but the nature of lotteries means that while some person might win big, usually it is a money sink and everyone who buys into lotteries loses money on average. No way can you expect to win even 1 retired item from roundsey if you buy 1 ticket every time they're put in. Retired items did lose some market value, but they still serve their purpose as being one of the more challenging goals to work towards. In terms of actual "prestige", I have no idea how to quantify that. But earning your way towards a light sprite is still a big accomplishment. Eliminates from Galore - 6 years after site opened. Economic impact, elims went from a high of about 800g to about 200g, a 75% loss. However, elims did initially start out having an even lower price, early in the history of the site. Staff did not go back on their word because they never said anything about alternate distribution methods for non-retired items. I don't believe any gameplay changes really resulted other than more people using the popular and efficient 'glass cannon builds'. Eyepocalypse 2: 3 years after the first Eyepocalypse (I think it makes no sense to calculate starting from when the site first opened, but it's about 8 years). Economic impact wise, scattersights and g1 primals lost 90% of their value. Scattersights went from near 1000g to 100g; g1 primals had a floor price of about 4000g that went to 400g. Staff did a spiritual 180 on their words; while scattersights were never re-released, the intent of those words was to keep primal eyes exclusive to breeding or hatching eggs. Gameplay wise, primal dragon collecting basically completely went up in flames. _________________________________________ So my thoughts are that the precedents were not equivalent, but more like stepping stones. I truly think the eyepocalypse had the biggest financial impact in terms of 'percentage of value loss', though Roundsey may have taken a bigger net loss from all the retired items losing value simultaneously. I think it was also the biggest gameplay change, since collecting primal dragons lost meaning or prestige for many people. The big question is whether staff would go 'one step further' after the eyepocalypse 2 incident. But if there's anything that these past events showed us, it's that should the 'one step further' be implemented....it will be implemented by surprise, years down the line. [/quote] Beautifully put, thank you. This genuinely is unprecedented. Yes the staff have gone back on their word before. Yes they've devalued some markets before. This type of massive, permanent devaluation of a stable investment item is new. I cannot stress enough that someone sold their SKYCAT for MOSTLY SCATTERSIGHTS. You don't sell your Skycat for mostly Eliminates. The gene preview providers didn't lose massive amounts of value in their investments; they lost their income stream, but didn't take a big financial hit to already accumulated wealth. I also agree that there is no way the staff could have NOT gutted the scattersight market, because any forecasting of change would have done the same thing - they needed to not let the market form in the first place, by not releasing the vials, or by not making them so limited and refusing to replicate their function for three years. That's a long period of time for a market to develop and stabilise. Obviously, that ship had sailed, and you can't turn back time, so this is why I think the only fair outcome is for Scattersights to be slowly paid out at market value at the time of the update, although hey, I'm no game developer, maybe that would break the economy some other way.
Toska wrote on 2021-05-06 12:51:24:
So, I'm just going to go over the precedents and list out how long it took for this feature to be added, economic effect, and an attempt to list out any gameplay effects. Oh, and to my knowledge, all these changes were implemented out of the blue, with no warning.

Scrying workshop - about a year after site first opened. Basically no economic effect, genes can be easily resold. Absolute worst case scenario is a 15% loss on all purchased treasure genes for those who hosted the service and a likely smaller percentage loss for gem genes, but this service was only offered by a few players. I truly doubt players mourned the loss of having to send their dragons to others and try to piece together individual previews if they wanted to gene all 3 genes at once. Staff did do a 180 on this, but I do not think anyone had an issue with that

Roundsey - 5 years after site opened. Light sprites were near 100000g prior, and fell to about 60000g, a 40% loss. Retired items all across the board probably took varying hits. The overall economic impact would be rather huge, given how many retired items there are. Staff did go back on their word on retired items remaining retired, but it was still a bit of a loophole because the items weren't redistributed in the same way. Instead, there was Roundsey. I think Roundsey had a limited effect gameplay wise. It's a fallacious argument to argue that Roundsey made retired items "pointless" simply because someone can theoretically win a light sprite for 1 ticket. Sure it's theoretically possible, but the nature of lotteries means that while some person might win big, usually it is a money sink and everyone who buys into lotteries loses money on average. No way can you expect to win even 1 retired item from roundsey if you buy 1 ticket every time they're put in. Retired items did lose some market value, but they still serve their purpose as being one of the more challenging goals to work towards. In terms of actual "prestige", I have no idea how to quantify that. But earning your way towards a light sprite is still a big accomplishment.

Eliminates from Galore - 6 years after site opened. Economic impact, elims went from a high of about 800g to about 200g, a 75% loss. However, elims did initially start out having an even lower price, early in the history of the site. Staff did not go back on their word because they never said anything about alternate distribution methods for non-retired items. I don't believe any gameplay changes really resulted other than more people using the popular and efficient 'glass cannon builds'.

Eyepocalypse 2: 3 years after the first Eyepocalypse (I think it makes no sense to calculate starting from when the site first opened, but it's about 8 years). Economic impact wise, scattersights and g1 primals lost 90% of their value. Scattersights went from near 1000g to 100g; g1 primals had a floor price of about 4000g that went to 400g. Staff did a spiritual 180 on their words; while scattersights were never re-released, the intent of those words was to keep primal eyes exclusive to breeding or hatching eggs. Gameplay wise, primal dragon collecting basically completely went up in flames.

So my thoughts are that the precedents were not equivalent, but more like stepping stones. I truly think the eyepocalypse had the biggest financial impact in terms of 'percentage of value loss', though Roundsey may have taken a bigger net loss from all the retired items losing value simultaneously. I think it was also the biggest gameplay change, since collecting primal dragons lost meaning or prestige for many people. The big question is whether staff would go 'one step further' after the eyepocalypse 2 incident. But if there's anything that these past events showed us, it's that should the 'one step further' be implemented....it will be implemented by surprise, years down the line.

Beautifully put, thank you. This genuinely is unprecedented. Yes the staff have gone back on their word before. Yes they've devalued some markets before. This type of massive, permanent devaluation of a stable investment item is new. I cannot stress enough that someone sold their SKYCAT for MOSTLY SCATTERSIGHTS. You don't sell your Skycat for mostly Eliminates. The gene preview providers didn't lose massive amounts of value in their investments; they lost their income stream, but didn't take a big financial hit to already accumulated wealth.

I also agree that there is no way the staff could have NOT gutted the scattersight market, because any forecasting of change would have done the same thing - they needed to not let the market form in the first place, by not releasing the vials, or by not making them so limited and refusing to replicate their function for three years. That's a long period of time for a market to develop and stabilise. Obviously, that ship had sailed, and you can't turn back time, so this is why I think the only fair outcome is for Scattersights to be slowly paid out at market value at the time of the update, although hey, I'm no game developer, maybe that would break the economy some other way.
One issue with having scattersights pay out is that would pour money INTO the economy. Before, scattersights were changing hands, and no money was generated by their changing hands (yes some people may have played the fairgrounds or went into the coliseum etc... to be able to afford it, but the simple act of the scattersight changing hands didn't generate that money).

Having it pay out 'at market value' (which I believe someone was saying was close to 1000 gems?) would generate a LOOOOT of money into the economy that simply wasn't there before.
One issue with having scattersights pay out is that would pour money INTO the economy. Before, scattersights were changing hands, and no money was generated by their changing hands (yes some people may have played the fairgrounds or went into the coliseum etc... to be able to afford it, but the simple act of the scattersight changing hands didn't generate that money).

Having it pay out 'at market value' (which I believe someone was saying was close to 1000 gems?) would generate a LOOOOT of money into the economy that simply wasn't there before.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote]I cannot stress enough that someone sold their SKYCAT for MOSTLY SCATTERSIGHTS. You don't sell your Skycat for mostly Eliminates[/quote] HHHHNNNNGG.jpeg Oh man if that had happened to me I would have quit on the spot my gosh. My condolences go out to that poor soul . When I read that I essentially became the shocked Pikachu reaction image.
Quote:
I cannot stress enough that someone sold their SKYCAT for MOSTLY SCATTERSIGHTS. You don't sell your Skycat for mostly Eliminates

HHHHNNNNGG.jpeg

Oh man if that had happened to me I would have quit on the spot my gosh. My condolences go out to that poor soul . When I read that I essentially became the shocked Pikachu reaction image.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-05-07 19:04:28" ] One issue with having scattersights pay out is that would pour money INTO the economy. Before, scattersights were changing hands, and no money was generated by their changing hands (yes some people may have played the fairgrounds or went into the coliseum etc... to be able to afford it, but the simple act of the scattersight changing hands didn't generate that money). Having it pay out 'at market value' (which I believe someone was saying was close to 1000 gems?) would generate a LOOOOT of money into the economy that simply wasn't there before. [/quote] It'd be kinda neat if they would let people exchange the scattersights for some other clan bound item that would actually be usefull. Not sure what item though.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-05-07 19:04:28:

It'd be kinda neat if they would let people exchange the scattersights for some other clan bound item that would actually be usefull. Not sure what item though.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32 33