Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 199 200
[quote name="SilverRipple" date="2021-05-03 21:10:05" ] [quote name="Amut" date="2021-05-03 20:57:58" ] This may be a hot take. But if you want the "challenge" of hatching your G1 Primal. Go ahead? No one's making you buy the new vials. Not to mention Primal's pretty steep to buy and throw on everything. Not to mention it's in the treasure mp, so prepare for rarity and snipers. So? Honestly? I think once the market properly stabilizes. G1 Primals will still be there (and only a touch more common than they were before). It's like saying Tricolor Scatter scrolls would ruin the G1 market. They clearly never did, because no one's going to drop multiple 350g on top of a G1 egg they bought. So I suspect saying that buying Primal vials "ruins" the G1 market is pretty similar to saying that the existence of scatterscrolls "ruins" the G1 market. [/quote] Yeah, but it's pointless now. Before it's fun because we can't obtain one any other way than buying, but now we can just pluck vials from the marketplace [/quote] I disagree with this. I play pokemon sword and sheild and there are so many easy ways to get shiny pokemon. One of the dlcs made it a 1 in 100 chance to get a shiny pokemon while in raids. Even if I don't get the one I want out of a raid I could very easily trade it for one that I do. My point is it is hella easy to get these shiny pokemon despite the original odds of about 1 in a few thousand. I and many other people who play pokemon are still breeding or hunting for shiny pokemon the hard way because it is fun to do it that way. It's not fun to get because that is the only way to get it, it's fun because of the challenge. I know I definitely still have plans to hatch a gen 1 Primal of my own and I am going to love that one more then any of the others I have vialed because that's the same way I feel about my shiny pokemon who I hatched myself.
SilverRipple wrote on 2021-05-03 21:10:05:
Amut wrote on 2021-05-03 20:57:58:
This may be a hot take. But if you want the "challenge" of hatching your G1 Primal. Go ahead?

No one's making you buy the new vials. Not to mention Primal's pretty steep to buy and throw on everything. Not to mention it's in the treasure mp, so prepare for rarity and snipers. So? Honestly? I think once the market properly stabilizes. G1 Primals will still be there (and only a touch more common than they were before).

It's like saying Tricolor Scatter scrolls would ruin the G1 market. They clearly never did, because no one's going to drop multiple 350g on top of a G1 egg they bought.

So I suspect saying that buying Primal vials "ruins" the G1 market is pretty similar to saying that the existence of scatterscrolls "ruins" the G1 market.
Yeah, but it's pointless now. Before it's fun because we can't obtain one any other way than buying, but now we can just pluck vials from the marketplace
I disagree with this. I play pokemon sword and sheild and there are so many easy ways to get shiny pokemon. One of the dlcs made it a 1 in 100 chance to get a shiny pokemon while in raids. Even if I don't get the one I want out of a raid I could very easily trade it for one that I do. My point is it is hella easy to get these shiny pokemon despite the original odds of about 1 in a few thousand.

I and many other people who play pokemon are still breeding or hunting for shiny pokemon the hard way because it is fun to do it that way.

It's not fun to get because that is the only way to get it, it's fun because of the challenge. I know I definitely still have plans to hatch a gen 1 Primal of my own and I am going to love that one more then any of the others I have vialed because that's the same way I feel about my shiny pokemon who I hatched myself.
tC7jp2W.png
[quote name="SapphireAppy" date="2021-05-03 22:10:46" ] [quote name="SilverRipple" date="2021-05-03 21:10:05" ] [quote name="Amut" date="2021-05-03 20:57:58" ] This may be a hot take. But if you want the "challenge" of hatching your G1 Primal. Go ahead? No one's making you buy the new vials. Not to mention Primal's pretty steep to buy and throw on everything. Not to mention it's in the treasure mp, so prepare for rarity and snipers. So? Honestly? I think once the market properly stabilizes. G1 Primals will still be there (and only a touch more common than they were before). It's like saying Tricolor Scatter scrolls would ruin the G1 market. They clearly never did, because no one's going to drop multiple 350g on top of a G1 egg they bought. So I suspect saying that buying Primal vials "ruins" the G1 market is pretty similar to saying that the existence of scatterscrolls "ruins" the G1 market. [/quote] Yeah, but it's pointless now. Before it's fun because we can't obtain one any other way than buying, but now we can just pluck vials from the marketplace [/quote] I disagree with this. I play pokemon sword and sheild and there are so many easy ways to get shiny pokemon. One of the dlcs made it a 1 in 100 chance to get a shiny pokemon while in raids. Even if I don't get the one I want out of a raid I could very easily trade it for one that I do. My point is it is hella easy to get these shiny pokemon despite the original odds of about 1 in a few thousand. I and many other people who play pokemon are still breeding or hunting for shiny pokemon the hard way because it is fun to do it that way. It's not fun to get because that is the only way to get it, it's fun because of the challenge. I know I definitely still have plans to hatch a gen 1 Primal of my own and I am going to love that one more then any of the others I have vialed because that's the same way I feel about my shiny pokemon who I hatched myself. [/quote] I'm just saying what I think lol, no need to argue
SapphireAppy wrote on 2021-05-03 22:10:46:
SilverRipple wrote on 2021-05-03 21:10:05:
Amut wrote on 2021-05-03 20:57:58:
This may be a hot take. But if you want the "challenge" of hatching your G1 Primal. Go ahead?

No one's making you buy the new vials. Not to mention Primal's pretty steep to buy and throw on everything. Not to mention it's in the treasure mp, so prepare for rarity and snipers. So? Honestly? I think once the market properly stabilizes. G1 Primals will still be there (and only a touch more common than they were before).

It's like saying Tricolor Scatter scrolls would ruin the G1 market. They clearly never did, because no one's going to drop multiple 350g on top of a G1 egg they bought.

So I suspect saying that buying Primal vials "ruins" the G1 market is pretty similar to saying that the existence of scatterscrolls "ruins" the G1 market.
Yeah, but it's pointless now. Before it's fun because we can't obtain one any other way than buying, but now we can just pluck vials from the marketplace
I disagree with this. I play pokemon sword and sheild and there are so many easy ways to get shiny pokemon. One of the dlcs made it a 1 in 100 chance to get a shiny pokemon while in raids. Even if I don't get the one I want out of a raid I could very easily trade it for one that I do. My point is it is hella easy to get these shiny pokemon despite the original odds of about 1 in a few thousand.

I and many other people who play pokemon are still breeding or hunting for shiny pokemon the hard way because it is fun to do it that way.

It's not fun to get because that is the only way to get it, it's fun because of the challenge. I know I definitely still have plans to hatch a gen 1 Primal of my own and I am going to love that one more then any of the others I have vialed because that's the same way I feel about my shiny pokemon who I hatched myself.
I'm just saying what I think lol, no need to argue
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
People.... just take the L.......
they/them
aka MC Princess, aka The Baroness of Bars, aka MC Foreign Policy[/center]
too many arguments, just continue what you do and go on, nobody is forcing ya to buy them, huhu. i, for one, welcome these new vials! if only they did not sell out so quickly...
too many arguments, just continue what you do and go on, nobody is forcing ya to buy them, huhu. i, for one, welcome these new vials! if only they did not sell out so quickly...
Returning after a long time of not being on
My name is The Puff is IN! Not The Puffis or The Puffin /nm
[quote name="MCPrincess" date="2021-05-03 22:19:34" ] People.... just take the L....... [/quote] Where was this sentiment for the past three years lmao
MCPrincess wrote on 2021-05-03 22:19:34:
Where was this sentiment for the past three years lmao
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I think this eye case is an example of how players who are content with something remain silent while thoise who dislike it has continued screaming and nagging until they got their way. Next thing you know they'll moan about element switch potions.

I loved the excitement of the special eyes - but that is kind of gone now because you can just "fix it later anyway". I'm divided about this update.

I honestly think the very rare eye vials could have been even more expensive (or non-existent), but hey in a few months I'll probably love it.

Regarding the scattervials, you probably just destroyed that economy. But you already know that. Oh well, I've never even considered selling mine anyway - I've always used them for my permas who really needed uncommon, unusual and rare eyes.

Edit: Pure primals are now less worth too. For those who wondered, a pure primal is a usermade term for a dragon with primal eyes whose parents also are primals.
I think this eye case is an example of how players who are content with something remain silent while thoise who dislike it has continued screaming and nagging until they got their way. Next thing you know they'll moan about element switch potions.

I loved the excitement of the special eyes - but that is kind of gone now because you can just "fix it later anyway". I'm divided about this update.

I honestly think the very rare eye vials could have been even more expensive (or non-existent), but hey in a few months I'll probably love it.

Regarding the scattervials, you probably just destroyed that economy. But you already know that. Oh well, I've never even considered selling mine anyway - I've always used them for my permas who really needed uncommon, unusual and rare eyes.

Edit: Pure primals are now less worth too. For those who wondered, a pure primal is a usermade term for a dragon with primal eyes whose parents also are primals.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
I am someone who played coli a lot to get those scattersight vials that are literally worthless now.

I am someone who was breeding for primal mostly. Now this fun is taken away.

Kinda... I dont like this feeling honestly. I feel bad for my fire primal with Flamecaller colors because she isnt unique or whatever anymore. All this hard work etc went down the drain.
I am someone who played coli a lot to get those scattersight vials that are literally worthless now.

I am someone who was breeding for primal mostly. Now this fun is taken away.

Kinda... I dont like this feeling honestly. I feel bad for my fire primal with Flamecaller colors because she isnt unique or whatever anymore. All this hard work etc went down the drain.
rkylBBV.pngx0CMhAc.pngzyvrj7C.png
Love this update. I can fianlly rid myself of the many dumb dragon pair projects ive failed for like 3 years cause i cant get primals.
Frees up space for new dragons and not their parents lingering about
Love this update. I can fianlly rid myself of the many dumb dragon pair projects ive failed for like 3 years cause i cant get primals.
Frees up space for new dragons and not their parents lingering about
No Toch Me Im Angy!!
[quote name="JustCloudii" date="2021-05-03 22:06:46" ] Woah wow! Awesome work :D But I do find what some others have reasoned, well reasonable. It does kinda take the breeding eye part out of the game, though you could just use the vials. Some of us have had specific eye, color, gene projects going on for quite a bit, and I do feel this kinda cheats the system. I do appreciate it though! 2 new eye types and eye vials! Kinda on the neutral side here. Not sayin it’s bad, just saying we have opinions and we should all respect each other, I did see a snarky comment about some other people with their cons, sure it’s negative but we’re all just sharing our own opinions! It’s just what we think! You can’t change ‘em! Only you yourself can change your own opinions! I’ve been playing it for an amazing 6 months, almost 7 now. It’s gonna be hard to forget the wonderful joys I’ve had breeding and finding pretty dragons with the original pretty eyes that’ve been here for the past 7 months <3 [/quote] It restored the game's mechanics before the eye update, but keeping the new aesthetics, and breeding for eyes is very frustrating so this is keeping the best of the update and returning to a simpler, less frustrating breeding. Win win, except for a small amount of players.
JustCloudii wrote on 2021-05-03 22:06:46:
Woah wow! Awesome work :D But I do find what some others have reasoned, well reasonable.

It does kinda take the breeding eye part out of the game, though you could just use the vials. Some of us have had specific eye, color, gene projects going on for quite a bit, and I do feel this kinda cheats the system.
I do appreciate it though! 2 new eye types and eye vials! Kinda on the neutral side here.
Not sayin it’s bad, just saying we have opinions and we should all respect each other, I did see a snarky comment about some other people with their cons, sure it’s negative but we’re all just sharing our own opinions! It’s just what we think! You can’t change ‘em! Only you yourself can change your own opinions!

I’ve been playing it for an amazing 6 months, almost 7 now. It’s gonna be hard to forget the wonderful joys I’ve had breeding and finding pretty dragons with the original pretty eyes that’ve been here for the past 7 months <3

It restored the game's mechanics before the eye update, but keeping the new aesthetics, and breeding for eyes is very frustrating so this is keeping the best of the update and returning to a simpler, less frustrating breeding.

Win win, except for a small amount of players.
OcyPyoj.png
Woooo! Eye types buyable like other genes is an excellent update. Thank you staff.
Woooo! Eye types buyable like other genes is an excellent update. Thank you staff.
tumblr_inline_nk71aeUysX1qg2i5p.png
1 2 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 199 200