Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scattersight Hoarders, How We Feelin?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[quote name="CoopiCrumbs" date="2021-05-03 18:00:17" ] [quote name="Altariel" date="2021-05-03 17:51:27" ] I'm annoyed that I saved my scattersights as an investment as we were told the only way to get these new eyes were with the scattersights and after the 3 days would be retired implying after that only breeding would allow you to get new eyes. And now in the span of one announcement I've lost about 40k worth of gems in investment after grinding for those scattersights. And yes I could have sold them earlier but I've been saving up for a 4 digit and was using them as in the bank money. Why can't we let things remain retired, people who were around for the sprites and first festival have retired things that maintain value but other supposedly "retired" elements come back. And even though the scattersights themselves haven't been brought back their purpose has been basically made redundant when you can just buy the eye type you want. I think they should have added the scattersights to roundsey like the other items they are keeping "retired" such as the sprites. [/quote] this put into words what i couldn't quite say. I get that things change but being told that the scatter sight vials were the ONLY way to get the eyes only to release the eyes later anyway feels....weird. Takes the wind out of my sails tbh [/quote] Really disappointed with this update tbh, as well as all the people shaming others for being upset at huge money and sentimental losses.
CoopiCrumbs wrote on 2021-05-03 18:00:17:
Altariel wrote on 2021-05-03 17:51:27:
I'm annoyed that I saved my scattersights as an investment as we were told the only way to get these new eyes were with the scattersights and after the 3 days would be retired implying after that only breeding would allow you to get new eyes. And now in the span of one announcement I've lost about 40k worth of gems in investment after grinding for those scattersights. And yes I could have sold them earlier but I've been saving up for a 4 digit and was using them as in the bank money.

Why can't we let things remain retired, people who were around for the sprites and first festival have retired things that maintain value but other supposedly "retired" elements come back. And even though the scattersights themselves haven't been brought back their purpose has been basically made redundant when you can just buy the eye type you want. I think they should have added the scattersights to roundsey like the other items they are keeping "retired" such as the sprites.
this put into words what i couldn't quite say. I get that things change but being told that the scatter sight vials were the ONLY way to get the eyes only to release the eyes later anyway feels....weird. Takes the wind out of my sails tbh

Really disappointed with this update tbh, as well as all the people shaming others for being upset at huge money and sentimental losses.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
@Aodan You literally copy-pasted your comment from another thread... and for what, just to shame people for being upset? To liken them to crazed pandemic hoarders? Why do you feel the need to sneer at the people whose playstyle is negatively affected by this update?
@Aodan You literally copy-pasted your comment from another thread... and for what, just to shame people for being upset? To liken them to crazed pandemic hoarders? Why do you feel the need to sneer at the people whose playstyle is negatively affected by this update?
eirika_greatlord_sword.gif+3 fr timeephraim_greatlord_lance.gif
[quote name="HSoup" date="2021-05-03 07:33:03" ] Happy for those that can finally make the dragon of their dreams, but sad for my wallet. I still had quite a few left. [/quote]
HSoup wrote on 2021-05-03 07:33:03:
Happy for those that can finally make the dragon of their dreams, but sad for my wallet. I still had quite a few left.
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Feeling pretty good, actually. I now don't have to worry about choosing between using x number of scattersights and breeding instead. I hoarded mine for future use so I was unaware just how expensive they were actually getting. I stopped checking about a year ago when they rose above 300g and that was far too expensive for me. I was never going to sell any of the ones I had before this update so the price they reached only upset me in that what I had was what I was limited to forever.

OR SO I THOUGHT

by the way limiting eye types to scattersights and new dragons only actually made me quit the game for several months
Feeling pretty good, actually. I now don't have to worry about choosing between using x number of scattersights and breeding instead. I hoarded mine for future use so I was unaware just how expensive they were actually getting. I stopped checking about a year ago when they rose above 300g and that was far too expensive for me. I was never going to sell any of the ones I had before this update so the price they reached only upset me in that what I had was what I was limited to forever.

OR SO I THOUGHT

by the way limiting eye types to scattersights and new dragons only actually made me quit the game for several months
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
@Aodan the market didn't crash naturally. We were basically lied to over and over again which is the upsetting part. But glad you enjoy the update have a great day
@Aodan the market didn't crash naturally. We were basically lied to over and over again which is the upsetting part. But glad you enjoy the update have a great day
I do wish the update came sooner. It was probably needed but after almost 3 years (I think?) it might've been better left alone because of the issues caused (even though I appreciate the changes and have already used them, precedent was that things don't get fixed after so much time)

Yeah relating to the thread title I'm mourning my current 22 scattersights lol. I think I sold maybe 6 over the last 3 years for emergency gems but I was waiting for them to at least cross the 4 digit line to sell most of them
I do wish the update came sooner. It was probably needed but after almost 3 years (I think?) it might've been better left alone because of the issues caused (even though I appreciate the changes and have already used them, precedent was that things don't get fixed after so much time)

Yeah relating to the thread title I'm mourning my current 22 scattersights lol. I think I sold maybe 6 over the last 3 years for emergency gems but I was waiting for them to at least cross the 4 digit line to sell most of them
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
Completely forgot those were a thing. Turns out I have 31. Oh well, maybe people will start using theirs and one day they'll be a collectors item.
Completely forgot those were a thing. Turns out I have 31. Oh well, maybe people will start using theirs and one day they'll be a collectors item.
tumblr_o6cl7lWaXy1uhcm7no1_250.jpg
[quote name="Aodan" date="2021-05-03 17:57:15" ] I bet y'all feel like those people that hoarded hand sanitizer and toilet paper at the beginning of the pandemic, then sat on it as if it was gold or attempted to sell it for hundreds. The dragon stock market crashed, that's all. You played the stock market and lost. [/quote] You did not just liken people being upset about an aspect of the game that has been static for 3 years to hoarding toilet paper during a pandemic and being dismissive of people being upset. People are allowed to express their disappointment at such a fundamental change. People have literally cried over the eyes for 3 years until staff gave into their demands, the announcement just came out let people be upset. The main problem with this is the staff have repeatedly over 3 years said the eye's weren't coming back, so no we didn't play a stock market that goes up and down naturally. There wasn't supposed to be a way after those 3 days to get eye's other than breeding, making an investment into scatter-sights a perceived safe investment. If they were going to bring the eye's back in vials they should have done it 3 years ago when the eye update initially blew up in their face or even 2 years ago, but to leave something for 3 years and then just drop this out of nowhere, yes people are going to be upset and take some time to adjust to it.
Aodan wrote on 2021-05-03 17:57:15:
I bet y'all feel like those people that hoarded hand sanitizer and toilet paper at the beginning of the pandemic, then sat on it as if it was gold or attempted to sell it for hundreds. The dragon stock market crashed, that's all. You played the stock market and lost.

You did not just liken people being upset about an aspect of the game that has been static for 3 years to hoarding toilet paper during a pandemic and being dismissive of people being upset. People are allowed to express their disappointment at such a fundamental change. People have literally cried over the eyes for 3 years until staff gave into their demands, the announcement just came out let people be upset.

The main problem with this is the staff have repeatedly over 3 years said the eye's weren't coming back, so no we didn't play a stock market that goes up and down naturally. There wasn't supposed to be a way after those 3 days to get eye's other than breeding, making an investment into scatter-sights a perceived safe investment.

If they were going to bring the eye's back in vials they should have done it 3 years ago when the eye update initially blew up in their face or even 2 years ago, but to leave something for 3 years and then just drop this out of nowhere, yes people are going to be upset and take some time to adjust to it.

I was stuck in a recursive loop of wanting to save what I have in case I wanted to use them (and probably would need a lot if I wanted to aim for Primal) and wanting to sell because it was probably the only really valuable thing I had and I’ve never been gem-rich, ever.

I more or less feel like I was cut free from a tug of war. A puff of disintegrating smoke may have went off in my hoard, but at the same time there’s no more tension.
I was stuck in a recursive loop of wanting to save what I have in case I wanted to use them (and probably would need a lot if I wanted to aim for Primal) and wanting to sell because it was probably the only really valuable thing I had and I’ve never been gem-rich, ever.

I more or less feel like I was cut free from a tug of war. A puff of disintegrating smoke may have went off in my hoard, but at the same time there’s no more tension.
-AchievementGet-
[quote name="Altariel" date="2021-05-03 17:51:27" ] I'm annoyed that I saved my scattersights as an investment as we were told the only way to get these new eyes were with the scattersights and after the 3 days would be retired implying after that only breeding would allow you to get new eyes. And now in the span of one announcement I've lost about 40k worth of gems in investment after grinding for those scattersights. And yes I could have sold them earlier but I've been saving up for a 4 digit and was using them as in the bank money. Why can't we let things remain retired, people who were around for the sprites and first festival have retired things that maintain value but other supposedly "retired" elements come back. And even though the scattersights themselves haven't been brought back their purpose has been basically made redundant when you can just buy the eye type you want. I think they should have added the scattersights to roundsey like the other items they are keeping "retired" such as the sprites. [/quote] Scattersights are still retired. There is just also other items. Like how sprites are still retired but you can get recolors (and honestly sprites themselves from roundsey)
Altariel wrote on 2021-05-03 17:51:27:
I'm annoyed that I saved my scattersights as an investment as we were told the only way to get these new eyes were with the scattersights and after the 3 days would be retired implying after that only breeding would allow you to get new eyes. And now in the span of one announcement I've lost about 40k worth of gems in investment after grinding for those scattersights. And yes I could have sold them earlier but I've been saving up for a 4 digit and was using them as in the bank money.

Why can't we let things remain retired, people who were around for the sprites and first festival have retired things that maintain value but other supposedly "retired" elements come back. And even though the scattersights themselves haven't been brought back their purpose has been basically made redundant when you can just buy the eye type you want. I think they should have added the scattersights to roundsey like the other items they are keeping "retired" such as the sprites.

Scattersights are still retired. There is just also other items. Like how sprites are still retired but you can get recolors (and honestly sprites themselves from roundsey)
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14