Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 199 200
[quote]Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic.[/quote] pretty much this. I was always exited when i hatched a rare eyes dragon. Also... I sill have 15 Scattersights. I should've sold them all goddamnit. They are probably worthless now.
Quote:
Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic.

pretty much this. I was always exited when i hatched a rare eyes dragon.

Also... I sill have 15 Scattersights. I should've sold them all goddamnit. They are probably worthless now.
Yaaayyyyyy

Can I get a hoya?
Yaaayyyyyy

Can I get a hoya?
SVt2S0L.png
Thank you so much. The scatter sight disaster has FINALlLY been remediated. And to anyone mad...the randomness is still there and there are other things beside eyes to sell your dragon with. Rare colors and low ids for example.
Thank you so much. The scatter sight disaster has FINALlLY been remediated. And to anyone mad...the randomness is still there and there are other things beside eyes to sell your dragon with. Rare colors and low ids for example.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
ohmigods
ohmigods
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
I'm mixed on this update.

On one hand, this is AWESOME for anyone with older dragons they wanted different eyes for, or those who needed to get different eyes for their fresh gen1s. Really it's pretty awesome for anyone who just wants to customize their dragons and doesn't mind it being easy and cheap. People can start and complete so many projects and have many dragons to love! No more spending crazy money only to be flipping between the wrong eye types back and forth over and over again. And it's not like Scattersight number could ever increase, so they were only getting rarer and rarer, making them even more expensive for no guarantee.
I do feel like eventually, something had to be done.

On the other hand...As a number of people in this thread have already stated, it does feel like it's greatly devaluing items that people have stocked up after hearing the promise that they won't come back. People assumed it was a safe investment, and now they know it was not so, which may result in reduced trust in the future even if the promise was TECHNICALLY kept, being that there are no more scattersights. The devaluation of some things will definitely impact those who enjoy investment and profit, and i'm going to be honest, it's a valid playstyle as much as any. I do feel bad for those who have - especially recently - spent large amounts of currency to get items that are now basically worthless.

HOWEVER. I do think it needed to happen in some way or another. I would have gone about it slightly differently.
I feel like the best thing to do (and keep in mind, this is only my opinion) would have been to release cheap-ish vials for the less special eye types (commons, unusual, rare, etc) but either leave special ones (like primal/multi/facet) without a special vial for now, or to make said vial prohibitively expensive. I'm talking a few million treasure. That way the value would not have dropped as much as it did, you'd still have a guarantee like these other specific vials, and you'd have a much more effective currency sink that would increase treasure value greatly imo.

If these special vials were millions of treasure, say 2-5 mil, people would still have a concrete number to save up for, and some might still choose to buy scattersights at the price of a few hundred gems or whatever, which would have been a much less harsh hit to those who had invested.

Again, just my opinion, and not exactly something that can be changed now, haha.
But yeah in summary, this is cool, but I feel like it could have been more balanced.

Also, new eye types from Galore are very cool, thanks staff!
I'm mixed on this update.

On one hand, this is AWESOME for anyone with older dragons they wanted different eyes for, or those who needed to get different eyes for their fresh gen1s. Really it's pretty awesome for anyone who just wants to customize their dragons and doesn't mind it being easy and cheap. People can start and complete so many projects and have many dragons to love! No more spending crazy money only to be flipping between the wrong eye types back and forth over and over again. And it's not like Scattersight number could ever increase, so they were only getting rarer and rarer, making them even more expensive for no guarantee.
I do feel like eventually, something had to be done.

On the other hand...As a number of people in this thread have already stated, it does feel like it's greatly devaluing items that people have stocked up after hearing the promise that they won't come back. People assumed it was a safe investment, and now they know it was not so, which may result in reduced trust in the future even if the promise was TECHNICALLY kept, being that there are no more scattersights. The devaluation of some things will definitely impact those who enjoy investment and profit, and i'm going to be honest, it's a valid playstyle as much as any. I do feel bad for those who have - especially recently - spent large amounts of currency to get items that are now basically worthless.

HOWEVER. I do think it needed to happen in some way or another. I would have gone about it slightly differently.
I feel like the best thing to do (and keep in mind, this is only my opinion) would have been to release cheap-ish vials for the less special eye types (commons, unusual, rare, etc) but either leave special ones (like primal/multi/facet) without a special vial for now, or to make said vial prohibitively expensive. I'm talking a few million treasure. That way the value would not have dropped as much as it did, you'd still have a guarantee like these other specific vials, and you'd have a much more effective currency sink that would increase treasure value greatly imo.

If these special vials were millions of treasure, say 2-5 mil, people would still have a concrete number to save up for, and some might still choose to buy scattersights at the price of a few hundred gems or whatever, which would have been a much less harsh hit to those who had invested.

Again, just my opinion, and not exactly something that can be changed now, haha.
But yeah in summary, this is cool, but I feel like it could have been more balanced.

Also, new eye types from Galore are very cool, thanks staff!
if no one wants their scattersights I'll take them out of pure boredom

but anyways im so sorry to those who spent so much on g1 primals :(
if no one wants their scattersights I'll take them out of pure boredom

but anyways im so sorry to those who spent so much on g1 primals :(
sBjXpfJ.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-10-at-1-15-02-PM-1-28-50.png
Spiral Club!
Spiral Hatchery!
Spiral Pixelart!
Pretty Veilspun Pairs for less than 150g!
Win Veilspun, Berserker, Unicorn mane for free!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37279282][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/372793/37279282_350.png[/img][/url] I just applied a vial of soft sight to my girl. The thing that tore me up the most about the eyepocalypse was the change to the common eye type - it was a super tiny change on a guardian, but it made her eyes just a shade too harsh, a fraction too dark. Now, for the first time in [i]years[/i]...she's back. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
37279282_350.png

I just applied a vial of soft sight to my girl. The thing that tore me up the most about the eyepocalypse was the change to the common eye type - it was a super tiny change on a guardian, but it made her eyes just a shade too harsh, a fraction too dark. Now, for the first time in years...she's back.
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
Lol, there goes the value of the last few vials of scattersight I've been hoarding. XD I'm very okay with this though, because now we can get us some primal eyes and not be disappointed our perfect dragons can't get it! :D
Lol, there goes the value of the last few vials of scattersight I've been hoarding. XD I'm very okay with this though, because now we can get us some primal eyes and not be disappointed our perfect dragons can't get it! :D
j0NNxXN.gif
[quote name="JayChirps" date="2021-05-03 08:46:18" ] Ooo!! Ok, so I can definitely see why people would be upset. BUT as a user who has fallen in love with the Goat eyes, and had been sad since previously we only had 2 clan-bound vials, I absolutely love this as we can now properly customize older dragons :D [/quote] i concur! on one hand, i feel bad for everyone who's spent a ton of their treasure/gems trying to get scattersights from people, and other similar things... but on the other hand, this update makes it much easier for everybody, including those folks (who can now grab the exact eye type they want instead of crossing their fingers after buying a scattersight vial)! i think this is a wonderful update! such an exciting thing to have woken up to. ^_^ i look forward to what i and everybody else can do with it!!
JayChirps wrote on 2021-05-03 08:46:18:
Ooo!! Ok, so I can definitely see why people would be upset. BUT as a user who has fallen in love with the Goat eyes, and had been sad since previously we only had 2 clan-bound vials, I absolutely love this as we can now properly customize older dragons :D

i concur! on one hand, i feel bad for everyone who's spent a ton of their treasure/gems trying to get scattersights from people, and other similar things... but on the other hand, this update makes it much easier for everybody, including those folks (who can now grab the exact eye type they want instead of crossing their fingers after buying a scattersight vial)!

i think this is a wonderful update! such an exciting thing to have woken up to. ^_^ i look forward to what i and everybody else can do with it!!
you can just call me tundra! 23, they/them!

WuLeD0x.png eGiN2Xv.png
pings = OK!
hell yeaaa [emoji=special eyes size=1] no more scattersight hell (rip to those who invested tho), gen1 market honestly needed a bit of dunking (no more buying cheap ugly xyz primals just to dunk money into scattering them some decent colors), and maybe with a treasure sink this huge the g:t ratio will finally return from the war <3 also mad respect to all those who are handling this maturely and agreeing that i'll do the economy good in the long run, even tho they had so much money in scattersights or spent so much time on primal projects, y'all give me hope that this userbase is actually super nice ^^
hell yeaaa

no more scattersight hell (rip to those who invested tho), gen1 market honestly needed a bit of dunking (no more buying cheap ugly xyz primals just to dunk money into scattering them some decent colors), and maybe with a treasure sink this huge the g:t ratio will finally return from the war <3

also mad respect to all those who are handling this maturely and agreeing that i'll do the economy good in the long run, even tho they had so much money in scattersights or spent so much time on primal projects, y'all give me hope that this userbase is actually super nice ^^
he/they

adult
eng/hun
Encapsulated Mist
Now the night is coming to an end.
The sun will rise,
and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
Bottled Bones
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 199 200