Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the light familiar
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
Ah yes, look, another thread devoted to artificially creating drama because you know, what's a forum without drama about every little thing, right?
Argh. I'm just gonna go and enjoy having bear familars for the next year ~
Ah yes, look, another thread devoted to artificially creating drama because you know, what's a forum without drama about every little thing, right?
Argh. I'm just gonna go and enjoy having bear familars for the next year ~
ijWAday.png
How can you not like Bears? Bears are awesome, bears are amazing. BEARS
How can you not like Bears? Bears are awesome, bears are amazing. BEARS
I love the bears. They're really adorable.

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure the next set of familiars might be one of the other elemental familiar choices we had.

So Imps, Salamanders, elementals etc (I can't remember the other choices) are still viable for the future.
I love the bears. They're really adorable.

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure the next set of familiars might be one of the other elemental familiar choices we had.

So Imps, Salamanders, elementals etc (I can't remember the other choices) are still viable for the future.
I wouldn't mind the bears so much if they hadn't made it seem like a joke option on the poll. :\ I said as much in the admin post, but every other option got a thoughtful write-up, and then just "BEARS" without any explanation.
I wouldn't mind the bears so much if they hadn't made it seem like a joke option on the poll. :\ I said as much in the admin post, but every other option got a thoughtful write-up, and then just "BEARS" without any explanation.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

I would have super enjoyed it if they had played more on the real 'Sun Bear' for this festival. To a certain extent they did, but it would have had been fun to have a real life connection. I like bears, so overall I'm not disappointed in what it is. Just a potential missed neato execution.
I would have super enjoyed it if they had played more on the real 'Sun Bear' for this festival. To a certain extent they did, but it would have had been fun to have a real life connection. I like bears, so overall I'm not disappointed in what it is. Just a potential missed neato execution.
[center][b]BEARS TODAY BEARS TOMORROW BEARS FOREVER. BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS [img]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-01/enhanced/webdr06/3/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-17536-1388772152-4.gif[/img][/center]
BEARS TODAY BEARS TOMORROW BEARS FOREVER.

BEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARSBEARS
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17536-1388772152-4.gif
i0wKxQZ.gif
I need the bears in my life. I need them all immediately. I can't wait a year to obtain all the bears. My hunger is not satisfied.
I need the bears in my life. I need them all immediately. I can't wait a year to obtain all the bears. My hunger is not satisfied.
I don't like the bears, either. It was my least favourite option, really, for several reasons:

1) One year of only bears is boring to me. With elementals, the artists have more freedom. That's the same problem I had with salamanders, though, so it's not bear-exclusive. Had they offered something like zodiac-animals, so a different one each month... that would have been nice.

2) My second problem is the fact that a LOT of our familiars are animals. Between the ten million birds and mammals, we have tons of animals, but very few plants, elemental things or, well, humanoid familiars. Because of that imbalance, I had voted for flower fairies.

3) Bears are just boring animals to me. I don't care about bears at all. Okay, I also don't care about salamanders, but I find them at least somewhat better, lol.

4) I had actually hoped that, in case we would get bears, we'd get cute ones because I like cute familiars, so I'm double-disappointed. Ah well.

That said, I'll get two bears - one for the collection, one in case they actually do retire so that I can sell it. The rest of the festival currency will go into apparel, though - normally, I spread out everything evenly, but not anymore, I guess.

I hope that was more constructive and less bashing...? It's late, my brain doesn't work anymore.
I don't like the bears, either. It was my least favourite option, really, for several reasons:

1) One year of only bears is boring to me. With elementals, the artists have more freedom. That's the same problem I had with salamanders, though, so it's not bear-exclusive. Had they offered something like zodiac-animals, so a different one each month... that would have been nice.

2) My second problem is the fact that a LOT of our familiars are animals. Between the ten million birds and mammals, we have tons of animals, but very few plants, elemental things or, well, humanoid familiars. Because of that imbalance, I had voted for flower fairies.

3) Bears are just boring animals to me. I don't care about bears at all. Okay, I also don't care about salamanders, but I find them at least somewhat better, lol.

4) I had actually hoped that, in case we would get bears, we'd get cute ones because I like cute familiars, so I'm double-disappointed. Ah well.

That said, I'll get two bears - one for the collection, one in case they actually do retire so that I can sell it. The rest of the festival currency will go into apparel, though - normally, I spread out everything evenly, but not anymore, I guess.

I hope that was more constructive and less bashing...? It's late, my brain doesn't work anymore.
tumblr_nl9xvjI7se1tisuvqo2_500.png
I hated the sprites. Did I post thread after thread about them? No, I just refused to collect them. It would be far more productive for the op and others to do the same. Or, at least be constructive. What don't you like? Can the admins do better? Etcetera.

I, for one, welcome our new bear overlords. Bye.
I hated the sprites. Did I post thread after thread about them? No, I just refused to collect them. It would be far more productive for the op and others to do the same. Or, at least be constructive. What don't you like? Can the admins do better? Etcetera.

I, for one, welcome our new bear overlords. Bye.
I love the bears. They're adorable. I like them ten billion times more than the sprites.

ACCEPT OUR NEW BEAR OVERLORDS
I love the bears. They're adorable. I like them ten billion times more than the sprites.

ACCEPT OUR NEW BEAR OVERLORDS
XS9Xu1r.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19