Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Worst Teacher Stories!
1 2 3
I did high school online and one of my art teachers was horrible. She would refuse to answer questions or respond to emails. She even posted an announcement telling us to not ask questions and if we don't know something it's our fault. I remember one assignment I had seemed to be missing some important instructions, so I sent a nice email asking for clarification. It showed that she had read it but I never got a response. I would of just asked during the live part of the class where we were supposed to ask questions but she canceled those after the second week.

She also decided to cancel a month long project one week after the due date. I assume it was because she hadn't graded anything all semester and when she saw how much work she had she decided just to not count a major project that everyone had already summited. Even though I didn't even like the project that much, I had put a lot of hours into it and was really proud of the final result. I was very annoyed.

Other little things she did was making me resubmit an assignment because it was "missing parts". (It was not, I submitted the exact same thing and she had no problem) She had this complicated labeling system that we had to include on every single page of every assignment, even if it obstructed the artwork. (This was apparently because she liked to print the assignments but she kept dropping them and mixing them up.) We also had these self-graded assignments, but if she didn't agree with the grade we gave ourselves she would change it.

At least enough of us complained so she was only the teacher for one year. My other teachers were wonderful. :)
I did high school online and one of my art teachers was horrible. She would refuse to answer questions or respond to emails. She even posted an announcement telling us to not ask questions and if we don't know something it's our fault. I remember one assignment I had seemed to be missing some important instructions, so I sent a nice email asking for clarification. It showed that she had read it but I never got a response. I would of just asked during the live part of the class where we were supposed to ask questions but she canceled those after the second week.

She also decided to cancel a month long project one week after the due date. I assume it was because she hadn't graded anything all semester and when she saw how much work she had she decided just to not count a major project that everyone had already summited. Even though I didn't even like the project that much, I had put a lot of hours into it and was really proud of the final result. I was very annoyed.

Other little things she did was making me resubmit an assignment because it was "missing parts". (It was not, I submitted the exact same thing and she had no problem) She had this complicated labeling system that we had to include on every single page of every assignment, even if it obstructed the artwork. (This was apparently because she liked to print the assignments but she kept dropping them and mixing them up.) We also had these self-graded assignments, but if she didn't agree with the grade we gave ourselves she would change it.

At least enough of us complained so she was only the teacher for one year. My other teachers were wonderful. :)
~Snowlight BNMXc.gif
I've had tons of experiences with many bad teachers before, but the most interesting one was this English teacher I had in eleventh grade.

I'm used to normal English classes where tests are normal and quizzes and everything else. So what does this one decide to do? Say the questions for quizzes verbally and refuse to adapt them onto paper as we're the ones that write our essays down on paper because he's old so I had a more difficult time. Even though I'm supposed to have special accommodations sometimes they won't work out but my parents never have enough money for a lawyer.

That's not the extent of how different the class was. The teacher would often go on for entire class periods talking about things that weren't even related to English, including religion. He even said at one point the reason why they haven't fired him yet was because there was no one to fill his spot. He even showed us these weird old movies (I forget the names of them but they were odd) which had nothing to do with English and had us write essays on them because we needed to turn something in. He was one of the ones that really didn't like me. We never had any good interactions. The class ended up knowing far more about his life than the books he was supposed to teach.

Honorably mentioning the incident with my eleventh grade math class. We never had a teacher for an entire year, just various substitute teachers, some of which didn't know about math and just read us things in a computer-like voice to the point where I thought it was totally creepy. Which also strained my grades.

I've had tons of experiences with many bad teachers before, but the most interesting one was this English teacher I had in eleventh grade.

I'm used to normal English classes where tests are normal and quizzes and everything else. So what does this one decide to do? Say the questions for quizzes verbally and refuse to adapt them onto paper as we're the ones that write our essays down on paper because he's old so I had a more difficult time. Even though I'm supposed to have special accommodations sometimes they won't work out but my parents never have enough money for a lawyer.

That's not the extent of how different the class was. The teacher would often go on for entire class periods talking about things that weren't even related to English, including religion. He even said at one point the reason why they haven't fired him yet was because there was no one to fill his spot. He even showed us these weird old movies (I forget the names of them but they were odd) which had nothing to do with English and had us write essays on them because we needed to turn something in. He was one of the ones that really didn't like me. We never had any good interactions. The class ended up knowing far more about his life than the books he was supposed to teach.

Honorably mentioning the incident with my eleventh grade math class. We never had a teacher for an entire year, just various substitute teachers, some of which didn't know about math and just read us things in a computer-like voice to the point where I thought it was totally creepy. Which also strained my grades.

gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
[quote name="BreezingWinds" date="2021-04-01 12:55:21" ] I've had tons of experiences with many bad teachers before, but the most interesting one was this English teacher I had in eleventh grade. I'm used to normal English classes where tests are normal and quizzes and everything else. So what does this one decide to do? Say the questions for quizzes verbally and refuse to adapt them onto paper as we're the ones that write our essays down on paper because he's old so I had a more difficult time. Even though I'm supposed to have special accommodations sometimes they won't work out but my parents never have enough money for a lawyer. That's not the extent of how different the class was. The teacher would often go on for entire class periods talking about things that weren't even related to English, including religion. He even said at one point the reason why they haven't fired him yet was because there was no one to fill his spot. He even showed us these weird old movies (I forget the names of them but they were odd) which had nothing to do with English and had us write essays on them because we needed to turn something in. He was one of the ones that really didn't like me. We never had any good interactions. The class ended up knowing far more about his life than the books he was supposed to teach. Honorably mentioning the incident with my eleventh grade math class. We never had a teacher for an entire year, just various substitute teachers, some of which didn't know about math and just read us things in a computer-like voice to the point where I thought it was totally creepy. Which also strained my grades. [/quote] that sounds kinda like my chem teacher. He's been teaching for 50 years, and is qualified to teach math, chemistry, physics, german, language arts, and I think social studies too.
BreezingWinds wrote on 2021-04-01 12:55:21:

that sounds kinda like my chem teacher. He's been teaching for 50 years, and is qualified to teach math, chemistry, physics, german, language arts, and I think social studies too.
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
My elementary school music teacher played very heavy favorites, and was very hard on those who weren't her favorites. (Like I wasn't. I recall when we were doing recorder lessons and had to do challenges to pass to the next level, and I was explicitly told after a test that I did well but I wouldn't be passed anyway, so I got to repeat material I already knew while watching most other students move on.) And complaints about such behavior never came through because the parents of the favorites fought tooth and nail to keep that teacher. So the school only saw the accolades, while most students suffered in the class. And so I spent entire elementary school with this teacher.

Later in life I remember having to explain to a favorite just why so many people didn't like this teacher, because they were so shielded from the behavior.
My elementary school music teacher played very heavy favorites, and was very hard on those who weren't her favorites. (Like I wasn't. I recall when we were doing recorder lessons and had to do challenges to pass to the next level, and I was explicitly told after a test that I did well but I wouldn't be passed anyway, so I got to repeat material I already knew while watching most other students move on.) And complaints about such behavior never came through because the parents of the favorites fought tooth and nail to keep that teacher. So the school only saw the accolades, while most students suffered in the class. And so I spent entire elementary school with this teacher.

Later in life I remember having to explain to a favorite just why so many people didn't like this teacher, because they were so shielded from the behavior.
Had a teacher back in high school yell at us and called us the r slur a few times. She later threw a metal weight at my table (flew past my head and hit the wall, thankfully) because my group was talking. Except I wasn't talking so oh well.

Another refused to help me because I didn't understand. She said "you should know this" and went to help kids who said they did not need it.

In college, I had a professor tell me to my face "you'll never get an A in my class."
Had a teacher back in high school yell at us and called us the r slur a few times. She later threw a metal weight at my table (flew past my head and hit the wall, thankfully) because my group was talking. Except I wasn't talking so oh well.

Another refused to help me because I didn't understand. She said "you should know this" and went to help kids who said they did not need it.

In college, I had a professor tell me to my face "you'll never get an A in my class."
I had a logic teacher last semester who I never saw the face of or heard their voice. In their defense, it was an online class, but still. They would grade homework and tests, but never tell you which questions specifically you got wrong, let alone why you got them wrong. This is especially frustrating because sometimes in logic, the only thing separating a valid statement and a fallacy is a single word. It also doesn't help that they were in such a contrast to my current composition teacher, who is very thorough and clear.
I had a logic teacher last semester who I never saw the face of or heard their voice. In their defense, it was an online class, but still. They would grade homework and tests, but never tell you which questions specifically you got wrong, let alone why you got them wrong. This is especially frustrating because sometimes in logic, the only thing separating a valid statement and a fallacy is a single word. It also doesn't help that they were in such a contrast to my current composition teacher, who is very thorough and clear.
courier new font my beloved
one time my teacher said the the sun was the biggest star in the universe. we were in middle school
one time my teacher said the the sun was the biggest star in the universe. we were in middle school
i had a project on tay-sachs disease for my ap biology class and had to make a tri-fold. i put a bunch of effort into it and included pictures with captions explaining them and everything, i was fully prepared to present my project and knew the material very well.

que a few days later after turning it in, we weren't presenting them and i noticed mine still hadn't been graded. when i went to her class that day, she pulled me aside to the back of the classroom in the middle of class to basically tell me my project was terrible and "wouldn't get a passing grade in a college class". me being startled that my teacher would bring criticism on me randomly and harshly, i kinda freaked out and started tearing up. she then had the nerve to tell me i could go clean myself up in the bathroom very loudly so everyone saw and knew i was crying. it was super embarrassing. i got a 70% on the project and she marked off 10 points because my bibliography was on the front of the board instead of the back lol

she was a HORRIBLE teacher and didn't lecture at all throughout the year and only gave us worksheets and projects in order to "learn". basically made an already tough time when covid first broke out and the schools were closed worse. somehow i managed to pass the AP exam with a 4 despite barely learning at all. i love biology and fell in love with the subject my freshman year and she got so close to ruining any enjoyment i got out of that subject. i feel like i was robbed of a great experience because she was a horrible teacher. i'm planning on majoring in biological sciences at university so hopefully i get better experiences with the subject!
i had a project on tay-sachs disease for my ap biology class and had to make a tri-fold. i put a bunch of effort into it and included pictures with captions explaining them and everything, i was fully prepared to present my project and knew the material very well.

que a few days later after turning it in, we weren't presenting them and i noticed mine still hadn't been graded. when i went to her class that day, she pulled me aside to the back of the classroom in the middle of class to basically tell me my project was terrible and "wouldn't get a passing grade in a college class". me being startled that my teacher would bring criticism on me randomly and harshly, i kinda freaked out and started tearing up. she then had the nerve to tell me i could go clean myself up in the bathroom very loudly so everyone saw and knew i was crying. it was super embarrassing. i got a 70% on the project and she marked off 10 points because my bibliography was on the front of the board instead of the back lol

she was a HORRIBLE teacher and didn't lecture at all throughout the year and only gave us worksheets and projects in order to "learn". basically made an already tough time when covid first broke out and the schools were closed worse. somehow i managed to pass the AP exam with a 4 despite barely learning at all. i love biology and fell in love with the subject my freshman year and she got so close to ruining any enjoyment i got out of that subject. i feel like i was robbed of a great experience because she was a horrible teacher. i'm planning on majoring in biological sciences at university so hopefully i get better experiences with the subject!
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
[quote name="flook" date="2021-04-02 10:37:24" ] i had a project on tay-sachs disease for my ap biology class and had to make a tri-fold. i put a bunch of effort into it and included pictures with captions explaining them and everything, i was fully prepared to present my project and knew the material very well. que a few days later after turning it in, we weren't presenting them and i noticed mine still hadn't been graded. when i went to her class that day, she pulled me aside to the back of the classroom in the middle of class to basically tell me my project was terrible and "wouldn't get a passing grade in a college class". me being startled that my teacher would bring criticism on me randomly and harshly, i kinda freaked out and started tearing up. she then had the nerve to tell me i could go clean myself up in the bathroom very loudly so everyone saw and knew i was crying. it was super embarrassing. i got a 70% on the project and she marked off 10 points because my bibliography was on the front of the board instead of the back lol she was a HORRIBLE teacher and didn't lecture at all throughout the year and only gave us worksheets and projects in order to "learn". basically made an already tough time when covid first broke out and the schools were closed worse. somehow i managed to pass the AP exam with a 4 despite barely learning at all. i love biology and fell in love with the subject my freshman year and she got so close to ruining any enjoyment i got out of that subject. i feel like i was robbed of a great experience because she was a horrible teacher. i'm planning on majoring in biological sciences at university so hopefully i get better experiences with the subject! [/quote] I've heard the AP Biology class in my high school back when I was taking classes there was really strict which was why I didn't take it otherwise I would've, so I get that. Biology is still a good subject though, I took two classes of it later on at my college including labs and did well enough.
flook wrote on 2021-04-02 10:37:24:

I've heard the AP Biology class in my high school back when I was taking classes there was really strict which was why I didn't take it otherwise I would've, so I get that. Biology is still a good subject though, I took two classes of it later on at my college including labs and did well enough.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
[quote name="BreezingWinds" date="2021-04-01 12:55:21" ] That's not the extent of how different the class was. The teacher would often go on for entire class periods talking about things that weren't even related to English, including religion. He even said at one point the reason why they haven't fired him yet was because there was no one to fill his spot. He even showed us these weird old movies (I forget the names of them but they were odd) which had nothing to do with English and had us write essays on them because we needed to turn something in. He was one of the ones that really didn't like me. We never had any good interactions. The class ended up knowing far more about his life than the books he was supposed to teach. [/quote] omygosh that sounds exactly like my tech-ed teacher! He would always make us copy notes that we will never look through again in the beginning of class while he talks about random stuff. After he's done talking about stuff, we would go to the computers to do 'assignments'. The assignments don't actually help us learn about technology and in my opinion, they're just a time waster. One of his assignments was writing our name neatly with a mouse on Paint 3D and we would be graded on how neat we wrote our name. What made his class worst was that he never answered questions. Whenever we needed his help on something, he just told us to raise our hands until he came to help us. I had to raise my hand for 15 minutes straight and ended up doing nothing. At the end of class, he asked me why I didn't make progress on my assignment when he couldn't take the time to answer my question ._.
BreezingWinds wrote on 2021-04-01 12:55:21:

omygosh that sounds exactly like my tech-ed teacher! He would always make us copy notes that we will never look through again in the beginning of class while he talks about random stuff. After he's done talking about stuff, we would go to the computers to do 'assignments'. The assignments don't actually help us learn about technology and in my opinion, they're just a time waster. One of his assignments was writing our name neatly with a mouse on Paint 3D and we would be graded on how neat we wrote our name. What made his class worst was that he never answered questions. Whenever we needed his help on something, he just told us to raise our hands until he came to help us. I had to raise my hand for 15 minutes straight and ended up doing nothing. At the end of class, he asked me why I didn't make progress on my assignment when he couldn't take the time to answer my question ._.
1 2 3