Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene Rarity-Encyclopedia/DragonProfiles
1 2
Having percentages for how likely certain gene outcomes would be when breeding seems like a smart idea. It would certainly help gage the likelihood of achieving certain breeding projects, so I'd support. As for best way to implement it, I'm not sure. I'm inclined to say having some sort of percentage shown when foreseeing progeny might be the most helpful? But having the information in the database seems good too

Also @TurtleSkittles , while I do think having more community voting features might be nice (though I'd say thats another discussion to be had), I do think the staff does look at these forums at least somewhat? I've definitely some popular suggestions from here be implemented before so I don't think they totally ignore these threads. A think lot of these things just take time to implement though so, idk, not a coder so thats just my best guess. Also this game updates quite a bit so I could see there being some competition in terms of what is implemented when.
Having percentages for how likely certain gene outcomes would be when breeding seems like a smart idea. It would certainly help gage the likelihood of achieving certain breeding projects, so I'd support. As for best way to implement it, I'm not sure. I'm inclined to say having some sort of percentage shown when foreseeing progeny might be the most helpful? But having the information in the database seems good too

Also @TurtleSkittles , while I do think having more community voting features might be nice (though I'd say thats another discussion to be had), I do think the staff does look at these forums at least somewhat? I've definitely some popular suggestions from here be implemented before so I don't think they totally ignore these threads. A think lot of these things just take time to implement though so, idk, not a coder so thats just my best guess. Also this game updates quite a bit so I could see there being some competition in terms of what is implemented when.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
[quote name="Azurepocalypse" date="2021-02-26 15:41:36" ] Having percentages for how likely certain gene outcomes would be when breeding seems like a smart idea. It would certainly help gage the likelihood of achieving certain breeding projects, so I'd support. As for best way to implement it, I'm not sure. I'm inclined to say having some sort of percentage shown when foreseeing progeny might be the most helpful? But having the information in the database seems good too Also TurtleSkittles , while I do think having more community voting features might be nice (though I'd say thats another discussion to be had), I do think the staff does look at these forums at least somewhat? I've definitely some popular suggestions from here be implemented before so I don't think they totally ignore these threads. A think lot of these things just take time to implement though so, idk, not a coder so thats just my best guess. Also this game updates quite a bit so I could see there being some competition in terms of what is implemented when. [/quote] Also, just want to say that a vote feature would be useless, because the developers have said they do not implement suggestions based upon popularity but rather how well the suggestion fits in with their vision for the site. So, no matter how popular a particular suggestion is, or how easy or hard, or even how unpopular a suggestion is, if it doesn't fit into their vision, it won't get implimented. However, for this particular suggestion, I think it would be nice, if not the exact breakdown of the percentages, having the genes listed, what their rarity tiers are, and how those tiers break down against each other would be great to put into the encyclopedia. Having it in other places would be good as well. Personally I would like the encyclopedia completely updated, so that it encompasses all the lore, including tidbits given in various threads, and things like this and basically information that should be in an encyclopedia feature.
Azurepocalypse wrote on 2021-02-26 15:41:36:

Also TurtleSkittles , while I do think having more community voting features might be nice (though I'd say thats another discussion to be had), I do think the staff does look at these forums at least somewhat? I've definitely some popular suggestions from here be implemented before so I don't think they totally ignore these threads. A think lot of these things just take time to implement though so, idk, not a coder so thats just my best guess. Also this game updates quite a bit so I could see there being some competition in terms of what is implemented when.
Also, just want to say that a vote feature would be useless, because the developers have said they do not implement suggestions based upon popularity but rather how well the suggestion fits in with their vision for the site.

So, no matter how popular a particular suggestion is, or how easy or hard, or even how unpopular a suggestion is, if it doesn't fit into their vision, it won't get implimented.

However, for this particular suggestion, I think it would be nice, if not the exact breakdown of the percentages, having the genes listed, what their rarity tiers are, and how those tiers break down against each other would be great to put into the encyclopedia.

Having it in other places would be good as well.

Personally I would like the encyclopedia completely updated, so that it encompasses all the lore, including tidbits given in various threads, and things like this and basically information that should be in an encyclopedia feature.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png

@Jemadar
I meant more so votes similar to what they did for like, when they released the redesigned ribbons and that sort of thing. So more voting for designs and how specific things are implemented. I dont think voting specifically for which suggestions should be implemented would work very well, I should have clarified. But yeah, thats a different discussion.

@Jemadar
I meant more so votes similar to what they did for like, when they released the redesigned ribbons and that sort of thing. So more voting for designs and how specific things are implemented. I dont think voting specifically for which suggestions should be implemented would work very well, I should have clarified. But yeah, thats a different discussion.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
I don't have a problem one way or another with Suggestion 1. It could be that the exact incidence of the genes is supposed to be a secret or it could be that within rarity categories some are (or are planned to be) more or less rare than others in the same category. I have no idea, but the point is that I'm not attached to it one way or another. It'd be cool to see, but I wouldn't be upset if we never saw it.

I would love to see Suggestion 2 happen. There's no reason to have "primary gene" be the hover text; it's pretty much useless. This would not be useless. And it would make matching mates much easier for me, personally, as I wouldn't have to look up those graphs anymore to see if they were in the same category. It's just right there on the dragon.

Suggestion 3 is another one like the first one that I don't particularly care all that much about. Would it be cool to have? Absolutely, yes. But I also can see that it might be against what the point of the "surprise" of breeding is or whatever... But then again people are doing this on their own with breeding tools on spreadsheets and whatnot. I don't know why FR wouldn't want to implement it to keep users on their site more, you know?

I could see the info being displayed both in the encyclopedia and game database, though (on the gene items themselves, perhaps).
I don't have a problem one way or another with Suggestion 1. It could be that the exact incidence of the genes is supposed to be a secret or it could be that within rarity categories some are (or are planned to be) more or less rare than others in the same category. I have no idea, but the point is that I'm not attached to it one way or another. It'd be cool to see, but I wouldn't be upset if we never saw it.

I would love to see Suggestion 2 happen. There's no reason to have "primary gene" be the hover text; it's pretty much useless. This would not be useless. And it would make matching mates much easier for me, personally, as I wouldn't have to look up those graphs anymore to see if they were in the same category. It's just right there on the dragon.

Suggestion 3 is another one like the first one that I don't particularly care all that much about. Would it be cool to have? Absolutely, yes. But I also can see that it might be against what the point of the "surprise" of breeding is or whatever... But then again people are doing this on their own with breeding tools on spreadsheets and whatnot. I don't know why FR wouldn't want to implement it to keep users on their site more, you know?

I could see the info being displayed both in the encyclopedia and game database, though (on the gene items themselves, perhaps).
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
In all of the years that I have been here, I have seen ZERO indication that the devs see, read, or listen to suggestions.

I use many many many websites on a daily basis. Many of them have suggestion forums. In those forums, the company is fully involved in discussions regarding suggestions. You know who to talk to, they answer questions, they update you on EVERYTHING! On a monthly basis, I get surveys in my email from one company or another asking for my suggestions and asking me to vote one things. I have been answering surveys, giving suggestions, and doing votes for 10 years. These companies implement improvements quickly and efficiently and everyone is heard.

.......then there is FR. I have seen "coming soon!" on many things for 4 years...obviously those things are never coming and they have not even bothered to just remove them. I am now being told that this forum is NOT actually some ridiculous "support" or "no support" voting system for the devs. Two days ago I was told the opposite when people needed an excuse for why bashing is going on here.

It is quite obvious that the devs ARE NOT READING suggestions and this whole thing is nothing but a farce. Prove me wrong.

FR - I see no response from you on this thread. Will this suggestion be considered or not? *I bet that I will not get an answer from FR directly. Let's see if they respond.*
In all of the years that I have been here, I have seen ZERO indication that the devs see, read, or listen to suggestions.

I use many many many websites on a daily basis. Many of them have suggestion forums. In those forums, the company is fully involved in discussions regarding suggestions. You know who to talk to, they answer questions, they update you on EVERYTHING! On a monthly basis, I get surveys in my email from one company or another asking for my suggestions and asking me to vote one things. I have been answering surveys, giving suggestions, and doing votes for 10 years. These companies implement improvements quickly and efficiently and everyone is heard.

.......then there is FR. I have seen "coming soon!" on many things for 4 years...obviously those things are never coming and they have not even bothered to just remove them. I am now being told that this forum is NOT actually some ridiculous "support" or "no support" voting system for the devs. Two days ago I was told the opposite when people needed an excuse for why bashing is going on here.

It is quite obvious that the devs ARE NOT READING suggestions and this whole thing is nothing but a farce. Prove me wrong.

FR - I see no response from you on this thread. Will this suggestion be considered or not? *I bet that I will not get an answer from FR directly. Let's see if they respond.*
Full support on suggestion 1, whether it's put in the encyclopedia, the database, or both. It'd just be really helpful for players to have that information, especially new players who might not realize that some genes are inherited more rarely than others.

Suggestion 2, Gonna say no support, just because I (and others too apparently) have a problem with hover text on this site getting "stuck" and not going away. I'm also not sure if it's relevant to add on a dragon's page since only relevant to people breeding the dragon.

Edited to add: Nvm, I support! I actually changed my mind on this point after re-reading @/Almedha's post on it and thinking on it more. I wish the hover feature could be fixed regardless, so sure, why not add that?

Suggestion 3-- sure, that'd be pretty useful. At the moment I'm using an off-site guide to check how likely my hatchlings are to have x gene, and I don't see how streamlining that would hurt.
Full support on suggestion 1, whether it's put in the encyclopedia, the database, or both. It'd just be really helpful for players to have that information, especially new players who might not realize that some genes are inherited more rarely than others.

Suggestion 2, Gonna say no support, just because I (and others too apparently) have a problem with hover text on this site getting "stuck" and not going away. I'm also not sure if it's relevant to add on a dragon's page since only relevant to people breeding the dragon.

Edited to add: Nvm, I support! I actually changed my mind on this point after re-reading @/Almedha's post on it and thinking on it more. I wish the hover feature could be fixed regardless, so sure, why not add that?

Suggestion 3-- sure, that'd be pretty useful. At the moment I'm using an off-site guide to check how likely my hatchlings are to have x gene, and I don't see how streamlining that would hurt.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif

name's ash! | they/them
okay to ping!

I'd like to see an official gene rarity in the encyclopedia as long as they keep it updated with new genes [quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-26 16:48:29" ] It is quite obvious that the devs ARE NOT READING suggestions and this whole thing is nothing but a farce. Prove me wrong.[/quote] Off the top of my head here are some of the site features that were taken from the suggestion forums, just because they admins don't generally respond to the suggestion forums doesn't mean they don't keep an eye on the suggestions -Keybinds for the coliseum -Ability to turn off animations in the coliseum -Ability to move battle stones around -Pose change scroll in the form of the Silhouette Scroll -Ability to exalt EY Dragons -Ability to use EY Dragons as avatar -Many of the dragon profile changes -Many of the hoard revamp changes -A way to control feeding -Ability to feed dragons individually -Countless familiars, apparel, genes and trinkets -Vistas for everyone -Scenes -Roundsey (which serves double duty as way to obtain retired items and as a site run raffle) -A way to 'completely' the bestiary (Fiona) -Ability to use extra transmutations to make other colors -Changes to familiar or images names that were offensive -Ability to speed up the cooldown for a dragon -Hibernal den -Vault -Ability to change flights -Moving Ice's festival from December to January
I'd like to see an official gene rarity in the encyclopedia as long as they keep it updated with new genes
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-26 16:48:29:
Off the top of my head here are some of the site features that were taken from the suggestion forums, just because they admins don't generally respond to the suggestion forums doesn't mean they don't keep an eye on the suggestions
-Keybinds for the coliseum
-Ability to turn off animations in the coliseum
-Ability to move battle stones around
-Pose change scroll in the form of the Silhouette Scroll
-Ability to exalt EY Dragons
-Ability to use EY Dragons as avatar
-Many of the dragon profile changes
-Many of the hoard revamp changes
-A way to control feeding
-Ability to feed dragons individually
-Countless familiars, apparel, genes and trinkets
-Vistas for everyone
-Scenes
-Roundsey (which serves double duty as way to obtain retired items and as a site run raffle)
-A way to 'completely' the bestiary (Fiona)
-Ability to use extra transmutations to make other colors
-Changes to familiar or images names that were offensive
-Ability to speed up the cooldown for a dragon
-Hibernal den
-Vault
-Ability to change flights
-Moving Ice's festival from December to January
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@TurtleSkittles
For TurtleSkittles and any others who are wondering, here is an extensive explanation of what the Suggestions forum is and is not.

Especially relevant is the first paragraph:
Quote:
This means you will not see developers commenting positively or negatively on any suggestion in this forum.

The Suggestions forum is regularly reviewed by team members. These reviews look at the quality of and the unique contributions to any given discussion. In the extremely rare event the Flight Rising team makes an exception to this policy regarding a suggestion in this particular forum, all future threads on this topic will be locked or removed.

Please keep any subsequent posts in this thread on-topic. Off-topic posts will be removed.
@TurtleSkittles
For TurtleSkittles and any others who are wondering, here is an extensive explanation of what the Suggestions forum is and is not.

Especially relevant is the first paragraph:
Quote:
This means you will not see developers commenting positively or negatively on any suggestion in this forum.

The Suggestions forum is regularly reviewed by team members. These reviews look at the quality of and the unique contributions to any given discussion. In the extremely rare event the Flight Rising team makes an exception to this policy regarding a suggestion in this particular forum, all future threads on this topic will be locked or removed.

Please keep any subsequent posts in this thread on-topic. Off-topic posts will be removed.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
I'd support this really tbh
I'd support this really tbh
Emperor_Banner.png

Former Plague || Ping if you need anything
I definitely like the Database suggestion the most, but it would be good if any of these were implemented. It's really just a quality of life type of improvement.
I definitely like the Database suggestion the most, but it would be good if any of these were implemented. It's really just a quality of life type of improvement.
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
1 2