Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene Rarity-Encyclopedia/DragonProfiles
1 2
Apologies for the weird topic title but I have a suggestion that I'd like to put out there... Currently, we have no [i]sure[/i] way of knowing exactly what rarity all of the gens are, aside from assumptions or from various areas in the announcements where the Devs say whether a gene is uncommon or common (take the recent announcement that told us that Ripple and Current are both uncommon now as an example). For the time being, we are tasked with using the scry to assume the percentages and rarity of all of the genes. However, I have a few suggestions... [b]Suggestion 1:[/b] In the Encyclopedia, I'd love for the devs to add into the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=11]Genes Section[/url] what the official percentages are between the genes...is it really a 1% chance of getting a rare gene if you breed it with a common gene, or is it closer to 2 or 3%, and what are the percentages on nest groupings (what I mean here is, how likely are you to get 4 of the same thing, 3 to 1, 1 to 3, 2 to 2, etc)? I believe adding this information would be very helpful for everyone, especially if it is official information rather than info assumed by the players. [b]Suggestion 2:[/b] My second suggestion is to put on the dragons' profiles the specific rarity of the genes your dragons have.. perhaps less in the way by making it so you see the rarity when you put your mouse over the gene itself. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/343220017309024268/814214987001233458/unknown.png[/img] [b]Suggestion 3:[/b] My other suggestion, which I don't personally love(?)... But perhaps when you go in to breed your dragons OR go in to predict the babies, it would give you the percentages of how likely you'd get the genes between the parents... so instead of it being in the Encyclopedia, it'd be in the scry and the nesting grounds. Heck, you could even do all three, or make different suggestions..either way, I'd love for the percentages and rarities to be [i]official[/i] information shared with the players so we don't have to assume what the rarities and percentages are. I do not trust the scry when trying to figure out the percentages. It is randomized, not accurate. [b]Edit #1: [/b]Another suggestion, from BlueJaysFeather, was to put this information into the game database. I agree that it should be here at least, but I think it should also be available in the Progeny and the Encyclopedia as well. It might also be good to have all the genes in there regardless, rather than just the gene change items...mainly to make this more possible? Thank you for the additional suggestion. :3
Apologies for the weird topic title but I have a suggestion that I'd like to put out there...

Currently, we have no sure way of knowing exactly what rarity all of the gens are, aside from assumptions or from various areas in the announcements where the Devs say whether a gene is uncommon or common (take the recent announcement that told us that Ripple and Current are both uncommon now as an example). For the time being, we are tasked with using the scry to assume the percentages and rarity of all of the genes. However, I have a few suggestions...

Suggestion 1:

In the Encyclopedia, I'd love for the devs to add into the Genes Section what the official percentages are between the genes...is it really a 1% chance of getting a rare gene if you breed it with a common gene, or is it closer to 2 or 3%, and what are the percentages on nest groupings (what I mean here is, how likely are you to get 4 of the same thing, 3 to 1, 1 to 3, 2 to 2, etc)? I believe adding this information would be very helpful for everyone, especially if it is official information rather than info assumed by the players.

Suggestion 2:

My second suggestion is to put on the dragons' profiles the specific rarity of the genes your dragons have.. perhaps less in the way by making it so you see the rarity when you put your mouse over the gene itself.
unknown.png

Suggestion 3:

My other suggestion, which I don't personally love(?)... But perhaps when you go in to breed your dragons OR go in to predict the babies, it would give you the percentages of how likely you'd get the genes between the parents... so instead of it being in the Encyclopedia, it'd be in the scry and the nesting grounds.

Heck, you could even do all three, or make different suggestions..either way, I'd love for the percentages and rarities to be official information shared with the players so we don't have to assume what the rarities and percentages are. I do not trust the scry when trying to figure out the percentages. It is randomized, not accurate.

Edit #1: Another suggestion, from BlueJaysFeather, was to put this information into the game database. I agree that it should be here at least, but I think it should also be available in the Progeny and the Encyclopedia as well. It might also be good to have all the genes in there regardless, rather than just the gene change items...mainly to make this more possible? Thank you for the additional suggestion. :3
bEvLAND.png
I SUPPORT THIS IDEA!
I SUPPORT THIS IDEA!
I support Suggestion 1, because, while I do use one of the user made guides, it is reliant on the users updating, and at least one thread seems to be dead.

Suggestion 2, I am iffy on. If it were a hover over, then it might not be bad, but I have issues with those hover texts not going away and it obscuring the text on the page.

Suggestion 3, I would only support if it were included in the encyclopedia section. I try to plan my fodder breeding pairs to have genes with the same rarity. Having that information only available in the breeding area would negate any usefulness to me.
I support Suggestion 1, because, while I do use one of the user made guides, it is reliant on the users updating, and at least one thread seems to be dead.

Suggestion 2, I am iffy on. If it were a hover over, then it might not be bad, but I have issues with those hover texts not going away and it obscuring the text on the page.

Suggestion 3, I would only support if it were included in the encyclopedia section. I try to plan my fodder breeding pairs to have genes with the same rarity. Having that information only available in the breeding area would negate any usefulness to me.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I really like the idea of it being in the encyclopedia.
I really like the idea of it being in the encyclopedia.
I'd like it in the Encyclopedia. When I was a brand new player back in 2017, I had no idea what the gene rarities were - I know now that people have made guides for that sort of thing but when I was brand new I didn't even know that there were guides. It's just not intuitive to everyone that there are usermade guides for stuff like gene rarity. The Encyclopedia would be a more intuitive way of finding this information and it would additionally be useful to know the gene rarities as they are released, rather than having to depend on trial-and-error and information collection among the FR population testing it.

It could also be useful in Foresee Progeny, because I've had Foresee Progeny lie to me with previews where the genes are 50-50 chance and will be evenly distributed across some pages but not others (like one page that's entirely that gene, or a page that's 1 out of the 4 scries).
I'd like it in the Encyclopedia. When I was a brand new player back in 2017, I had no idea what the gene rarities were - I know now that people have made guides for that sort of thing but when I was brand new I didn't even know that there were guides. It's just not intuitive to everyone that there are usermade guides for stuff like gene rarity. The Encyclopedia would be a more intuitive way of finding this information and it would additionally be useful to know the gene rarities as they are released, rather than having to depend on trial-and-error and information collection among the FR population testing it.

It could also be useful in Foresee Progeny, because I've had Foresee Progeny lie to me with previews where the genes are 50-50 chance and will be evenly distributed across some pages but not others (like one page that's entirely that gene, or a page that's 1 out of the 4 scries).
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
This seems like it belongs in the game database more than the encyclopedia (and I'm surprised it's not there outside of the database comments) so support for adding it there, I'm not really for or against adding it anywhere else but I do feel like it should be there.
This seems like it belongs in the game database more than the encyclopedia (and I'm surprised it's not there outside of the database comments) so support for adding it there, I'm not really for or against adding it anywhere else but I do feel like it should be there.
wq9PoXA.png
I see no problem with it being in the game database also, but looking up a gene scroll feels a little unintuitive if you buy a dragon that's already gened, which is why I think somewhere else would be good. And yeah, good arguments upthread for putting it on any hatchling predictor, too. :D

The Encyclopedia, specifically, has a page that talks about genes and another that talks about breeding which even mention that genes have different heritability chances, but with no actual numbers except "100%" if both parents have the same gene and "50/50" if the genes are of the same rarity (without clarification about what such genes might be).

I see no problem with it being in the game database also, but looking up a gene scroll feels a little unintuitive if you buy a dragon that's already gened, which is why I think somewhere else would be good. And yeah, good arguments upthread for putting it on any hatchling predictor, too. :D

The Encyclopedia, specifically, has a page that talks about genes and another that talks about breeding which even mention that genes have different heritability chances, but with no actual numbers except "100%" if both parents have the same gene and "50/50" if the genes are of the same rarity (without clarification about what such genes might be).

Support to have this info in the db and somewhere else where it's more accessible. I like the idea of having the ratios in the breeding previews (scrying workshop and nesting grounds one both).
Support to have this info in the db and somewhere else where it's more accessible. I like the idea of having the ratios in the breeding previews (scrying workshop and nesting grounds one both).
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote name="nonisland" date="2021-02-24 19:14:15" ] I see no problem with it being in the game database also, but looking up a gene scroll feels a little unintuitive if you buy a dragon that's already gened, which is why I think somewhere else would be good. And yeah, good arguments upthread for putting it on any hatchling predictor, too. :D The Encyclopedia, specifically, has a page that talks about genes and another that talks about breeding which even mention that genes have different heritability chances, but with no actual numbers except "100%" if both parents have the same gene and "50/50" if the genes are of the same rarity (without clarification about what such genes might be). [/quote] This, the game database would be nice, but that would mean I would have to look up *all* genes in order to be able to compare rarities and figure out which are the same rarity etc... Also @artworkiskey bumping isn't allowed in the suggestions forum.
nonisland wrote on 2021-02-24 19:14:15:

This, the game database would be nice, but that would mean I would have to look up *all* genes in order to be able to compare rarities and figure out which are the same rarity etc...

Also @artworkiskey bumping isn't allowed in the suggestions forum.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I agree with ALL of the suggestions made by @artworkiskey that make it possible for players to know the official rarity of each gene.

I have ZERO complaints about their ideas and I think their ideas have been well thought out.

I do not believe that the devs ever actually see any suggestions that are made on this forum. If they actually do, I would like to see this implemented into the game.

Devs - if you read these PLEASE provide a REAL voting option so we can get this improvement into the game! Thank you.
I agree with ALL of the suggestions made by @artworkiskey that make it possible for players to know the official rarity of each gene.

I have ZERO complaints about their ideas and I think their ideas have been well thought out.

I do not believe that the devs ever actually see any suggestions that are made on this forum. If they actually do, I would like to see this implemented into the game.

Devs - if you read these PLEASE provide a REAL voting option so we can get this improvement into the game! Thank you.
1 2