Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | An Auto-fight coli feature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
At what point do you stop making portions of this game automatic because they're boring or because they're inaccessible for some users?

Some people can't play the fairgrounds for whatever reason. Why aren't people demanding the game just give you 75kt for free? Why does this only come up in relation to the coliseum? There are all kinds of features in this game that are inaccessible to some users for a variety of reasons. Why is there no demand these be done without any input/effort from the player's perspective?
At what point do you stop making portions of this game automatic because they're boring or because they're inaccessible for some users?

Some people can't play the fairgrounds for whatever reason. Why aren't people demanding the game just give you 75kt for free? Why does this only come up in relation to the coliseum? There are all kinds of features in this game that are inaccessible to some users for a variety of reasons. Why is there no demand these be done without any input/effort from the player's perspective?
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
Even from a disability POV, this wouldn't help all that much. Unless the site requires you to prove that you have a disability preventing you from using the Coli, everyone will be able to use it. I'm quite sure that if the site only required a single click of the 'fight on' button, I'd still be able to do a lot more grinding than someone with hand problems. And then you get inflation; you might end up needing to do ten battles to get the same worth as doing one battle as the system is now. Right now, doing a battle in Woodland Path takes me about two or three turns, that would be seven extra clicks just to get the same worth on the AH/market. You would 'still' be falling behind healthy players, especially since more people would be doing the coliseum in general.

There's a difference between making a game accessible and making it too easy. The challenge of the Coli isn't the fighting, but the will to sit and do the same thing for a long time. When people with poor eyesight have a hard time reading the icons in places such as the dressing room, you make the icons bigger. What you 'don't' do is implement a function that auto-dresses dragons based on some algorithm and leave it at that. And that doesn't even affect the economy/gameplay for other players, and it still doesn't fix the problem. There are better ways to fix the Coliseum than just adding autoplay. Adding custom key bindings, adding controller support, making rounds more difficult but with better rewards. That might not help 'everyone', but there are limits to how far you can go. Going back to the icon thing, making icons bigger might not help someone who has really really bad eyesight (borderline blind), but it's making the game as accessible as possible. Autofight in the Coli would do less than you'd think for disabled people, and could potentially just harm everyone playing the game.
Even from a disability POV, this wouldn't help all that much. Unless the site requires you to prove that you have a disability preventing you from using the Coli, everyone will be able to use it. I'm quite sure that if the site only required a single click of the 'fight on' button, I'd still be able to do a lot more grinding than someone with hand problems. And then you get inflation; you might end up needing to do ten battles to get the same worth as doing one battle as the system is now. Right now, doing a battle in Woodland Path takes me about two or three turns, that would be seven extra clicks just to get the same worth on the AH/market. You would 'still' be falling behind healthy players, especially since more people would be doing the coliseum in general.

There's a difference between making a game accessible and making it too easy. The challenge of the Coli isn't the fighting, but the will to sit and do the same thing for a long time. When people with poor eyesight have a hard time reading the icons in places such as the dressing room, you make the icons bigger. What you 'don't' do is implement a function that auto-dresses dragons based on some algorithm and leave it at that. And that doesn't even affect the economy/gameplay for other players, and it still doesn't fix the problem. There are better ways to fix the Coliseum than just adding autoplay. Adding custom key bindings, adding controller support, making rounds more difficult but with better rewards. That might not help 'everyone', but there are limits to how far you can go. Going back to the icon thing, making icons bigger might not help someone who has really really bad eyesight (borderline blind), but it's making the game as accessible as possible. Autofight in the Coli would do less than you'd think for disabled people, and could potentially just harm everyone playing the game.
[quote name="Wxlfiez" date="2021-02-24 15:10:10" ] At what point do you stop making portions of this game automatic because they're boring or because they're inaccessible for some users? Some people can't play the fairgrounds for whatever reason. Why aren't people demanding the game just give you 75kt for free? Why does this only come up in relation to the coliseum? There are all kinds of features in this game that are inaccessible to some users for a variety of reasons. Why is there no demand these be done without any input/effort from the player's perspective? [/quote] I know I said I was done, but I want to reply to this. I have repeatedly mentioned I [i]CAN'T[/i] play any of the fairgrounds games. They're too visually overstimulating to me, fullscreen has a weird blur/fuzz to it that makes it hard for me to focus, and the clicking and dragging hurts my hands and wrists. The reason I, personally, never mentioned fairgrounds is I can't think of any way to make them more accessible; if you can think of any ideas I'd love to hear them! The reason I think coli is the center of this is because it's something that [i]could[/i] work with an auto feature - like the idea I have repeatedly suggested, 10 battle limit, 1 day cooldown (auto feature could be only used once a day and only 10 battles and no auto continue if you reach a boss or die. If you reach a boss, they could do the same thing they do with the "find a dragon" thing, even though I can never see the dragon because it's too small and pixlated ). Of course, as I previously mentioned, this would be likely too difficult for FR to code. I would imagine with my suggestion, it wouldn't cause a hit to the economy even. Especially since for a lot of people, you don't even get loot all the time lol
Wxlfiez wrote on 2021-02-24 15:10:10:

I know I said I was done, but I want to reply to this.

I have repeatedly mentioned I CAN'T play any of the fairgrounds games. They're too visually overstimulating to me, fullscreen has a weird blur/fuzz to it that makes it hard for me to focus, and the clicking and dragging hurts my hands and wrists.
The reason I, personally, never mentioned fairgrounds is I can't think of any way to make them more accessible; if you can think of any ideas I'd love to hear them!

The reason I think coli is the center of this is because it's something that could work with an auto feature - like the idea I have repeatedly suggested, 10 battle limit, 1 day cooldown (auto feature could be only used once a day and only 10 battles and no auto continue if you reach a boss or die. If you reach a boss, they could do the same thing they do with the "find a dragon" thing, even though I can never see the dragon because it's too small and pixlated ).

Of course, as I previously mentioned, this would be likely too difficult for FR to code.
I would imagine with my suggestion, it wouldn't cause a hit to the economy even. Especially since for a lot of people, you don't even get loot all the time lol
DSvyk5V.gif
JvUa9ma.png

fkWjutW.png

WKtl2lb.png

bYt72YT.png

blepastro-1.png
oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 13:11:16" ] I have changed my mind.... Now I support removing the coli all together. If allowing everyone access by adding an auto button is such a problem, then the coli is a bad thing for FR in general. No more time should be wasted on trying to make it better for people, it should just be removed. I am sure the devs could find a suitable replacement for the coli...which is obviously a very catastrophic problem in the game. I do think adding an auto button would be more beneficial...but...ya know..it is apparently a huge issue. Buttons and access should not cause people to become so angry....it is a problem. This is ridiculous.......I have better things to do. You all have fun fighting over a button...and whatever not real things you want to fight about. [/quote] Wow, I think I found an ableist troll pretending to be a disabled person to make a strawman and try to make all disabled people look whiny and unreasonable in our requests for IRL accommodations. What did disabled people ever do to you? Did someone ride a scooter in the supermarket and get in your way? Are you butthurt that chronically ill people are getting their vaccines first in the pandemic? Because seriously, this is like me saying something like: I can't drive because of my PTSD. Let's ban driving. I'm physically handicapped and can't run. Let's ban running. I can't wear certain fabrics because of my sensory issues with autism. Let's ban those too. Just... no. Much strawman, very fail, obvious ableist troll, wow. Actually, can we get a mod in here to shut this thread down? This has gone past the point of constructive dialogue.
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-24 13:11:16:
I have changed my mind....

Now I support removing the coli all together.

If allowing everyone access by adding an auto button is such a problem, then the coli is a bad thing for FR in general. No more time should be wasted on trying to make it better for people, it should just be removed. I am sure the devs could find a suitable replacement for the coli...which is obviously a very catastrophic problem in the game. I do think adding an auto button would be more beneficial...but...ya know..it is apparently a huge issue.

Buttons and access should not cause people to become so angry....it is a problem.

This is ridiculous.......I have better things to do. You all have fun fighting over a button...and whatever not real things you want to fight about.

Wow, I think I found an ableist troll pretending to be a disabled person to make a strawman and try to make all disabled people look whiny and unreasonable in our requests for IRL accommodations. What did disabled people ever do to you? Did someone ride a scooter in the supermarket and get in your way? Are you butthurt that chronically ill people are getting their vaccines first in the pandemic?

Because seriously, this is like me saying something like:

I can't drive because of my PTSD. Let's ban driving.

I'm physically handicapped and can't run. Let's ban running.

I can't wear certain fabrics because of my sensory issues with autism. Let's ban those too.

Just... no. Much strawman, very fail, obvious ableist troll, wow.

Actually, can we get a mod in here to shut this thread down? This has gone past the point of constructive dialogue.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
lol....and people have resorted to name calling since I won't agree with them. So typical of bullies.

@muto - Agreed. Thank you for your input. I also can not find any way to make the fairgrounds more accessible. I don't actually play those games enough, tbh. They are clunky and well.....there are better games to play. There are sooo many phone app match 3 games that are more fun.

As far as the people who have resorted to childish name calling because I refuse to bow to your bullying: It does not matter if I am disabled or not. I have the right to have my own opinions. I do not have to agree with you and I do not have to bow to any of your bully tactics. I AGREE with the auto option and there is NOTHING you can say or do about it. Call me names all you want. You are just showing that you have a serious control issue when you try to beat down people who don't agree with you.
lol....and people have resorted to name calling since I won't agree with them. So typical of bullies.

@muto - Agreed. Thank you for your input. I also can not find any way to make the fairgrounds more accessible. I don't actually play those games enough, tbh. They are clunky and well.....there are better games to play. There are sooo many phone app match 3 games that are more fun.

As far as the people who have resorted to childish name calling because I refuse to bow to your bullying: It does not matter if I am disabled or not. I have the right to have my own opinions. I do not have to agree with you and I do not have to bow to any of your bully tactics. I AGREE with the auto option and there is NOTHING you can say or do about it. Call me names all you want. You are just showing that you have a serious control issue when you try to beat down people who don't agree with you.
@Madarakita @JCStitches @Peixes sorry to bother you, but this thread should probably be shut down lol
@Madarakita @JCStitches @Peixes sorry to bother you, but this thread should probably be shut down lol
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
bruh
bruh
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
Hi all,

It seems like, first and foremost, that this thread has devolved past the point of being civil and productive. Additionally, the original post is over three years old, at which point starting a new thread may be a better idea.

For these reasons, I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Please feel free to review the Harassment and Forum Etiquette policies, and reach out via Contact Us if you have any questions on them.
Hi all,

It seems like, first and foremost, that this thread has devolved past the point of being civil and productive. Additionally, the original post is over three years old, at which point starting a new thread may be a better idea.

For these reasons, I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Please feel free to review the Harassment and Forum Etiquette policies, and reach out via Contact Us if you have any questions on them.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9