Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art interest check / Price help?
I recently started to make new art after a few months of not drawing. Usually, this helps me improve (somehow), and now I'm able to draw lineless better than before. I have no idea what to price my art, or if people on FR would even be interested in buying it. Any suggestions? EXAMPLES : [img]https://i.imgur.com/gH567yc.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DiGOpQj.png[/img]
I recently started to make new art after a few months of not drawing. Usually, this helps me improve (somehow), and now I'm able to draw lineless better than before.

I have no idea what to price my art, or if people on FR would even be interested in buying it. Any suggestions?

EXAMPLES : gH567yc.png DiGOpQj.png
I like your two examples as stand alone pieces a lot, they look great!

However, on the other hand they're so stylized and vague that it makes it a little hard to judge how you'd be able to handle a commission that isn't just a dark silhouette character with not patterns. Most FR users will want you to draw either their dragons, or their OCs, so do you maybe have some examples where you draw some more specific characters?
I like your two examples as stand alone pieces a lot, they look great!

However, on the other hand they're so stylized and vague that it makes it a little hard to judge how you'd be able to handle a commission that isn't just a dark silhouette character with not patterns. Most FR users will want you to draw either their dragons, or their OCs, so do you maybe have some examples where you draw some more specific characters?
by-knighterrant.png
these are rad, generally 100 gems equals 1usd so judge based on what youd charge for a cash comm
these are rad, generally 100 gems equals 1usd so judge based on what youd charge for a cash comm
F2llAUA.png
bump
bump
@anchoram generally im just gonna be doing comms with that sort of style, so it'd be the same, just colored and lineless

@cuchu1ainn i cant get cash comms, hence why i was asking for a estimate in fr prices what to place these
@anchoram generally im just gonna be doing comms with that sort of style, so it'd be the same, just colored and lineless

@cuchu1ainn i cant get cash comms, hence why i was asking for a estimate in fr prices what to place these
id probably suggest starting with around 100-300 gems and then if interest is high raise the price
id probably suggest starting with around 100-300 gems and then if interest is high raise the price
F2llAUA.png
@Wabbamadness i think what cuchu1ainn meant was to price in FR currency based on the exchange rate between real currency, ie, 100g = $1. with that being said, absolutely DO NOT charge just 100-300g, that is waaaay too low! that's $1-3! especially for a finished piece like that! what i do is go by hourly. it's always difficult to estimate, but let's say a detailed sketch takes me about an hour to do. what's the minimum amount of money you'd like to make in an hour? I use US minimum wage (as it [i]should[/i] be): $15/hour. So a detailed sketch for me is $15. I charge more for complex characters because they usually take longer. maybe the com takes more than an hour, maybe it takes less - either way I use that rough estimate to avoid gravely underselling myself. so just take this hourly wage estimate and convert it to FR currency. so $15/hour = 1500g or whatever the treasure equivalent is (i dont know the exchange rate now, but i believe it's close to 1g = 1000+ t) also that being said i'd be interested.............. i love your style [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1]
@Wabbamadness

i think what cuchu1ainn meant was to price in FR currency based on the exchange rate between real currency, ie, 100g = $1. with that being said, absolutely DO NOT charge just 100-300g, that is waaaay too low! that's $1-3! especially for a finished piece like that!

what i do is go by hourly. it's always difficult to estimate, but let's say a detailed sketch takes me about an hour to do. what's the minimum amount of money you'd like to make in an hour? I use US minimum wage (as it should be): $15/hour. So a detailed sketch for me is $15. I charge more for complex characters because they usually take longer. maybe the com takes more than an hour, maybe it takes less - either way I use that rough estimate to avoid gravely underselling myself.

so just take this hourly wage estimate and convert it to FR currency. so $15/hour = 1500g or whatever the treasure equivalent is (i dont know the exchange rate now, but i believe it's close to 1g = 1000+ t)

also that being said i'd be interested.............. i love your style
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
Hey, another person who suddenly gets better at art after not doing any for half a year. :P Your art is spectacular! It could easily go for 1000g+, probably around 1500g but that's just a rough estimate. Please ping me if you ever sell your art, I'm really interested in that dark, shaded style. :D
Hey, another person who suddenly gets better at art after not doing any for half a year. :P Your art is spectacular! It could easily go for 1000g+, probably around 1500g but that's just a rough estimate. Please ping me if you ever sell your art, I'm really interested in that dark, shaded style. :D
An illustration of a blue Fire Flight Mirror dragon with black antlers and black wings, wearing gold jewelry. Blue fire is along the bottom of the picture, and the backdrop is of the Ashfall Waste. Links to progen.