Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | GASP (the pinglist) PSA
1 2 3
PSA for the General Accents and Skins Pinglist (aka GASP)
stop pinging for the jewelry/silks tag on accents that don't actually have jewelry or silks.
I gather people probably add it to their accents in hopes to attract the very popular jewelry/silks market of UMAS but not only are you mispinging people who actually want accents with those items, you are driving AWAY people who have the term blacklisted because they don't want accents like that.

I have lost count of the times I was looking through an accent shop, found a really gorgeous accent, wondered why I wasn't pinged for it, look for the gasp ping and find out the author included the jewelry/silks tag, that's why I didn't.
chains and spikes are not jewelry
a flowing shape drawn on the wings is not silks
Jewelry/silks is a tag for accents that mimic jewelry and silk apparel, or jewelry and silk adornments on the body. that's it. Please stop putting the tag in accents that don't have that, you will lose potential clients.

Thank you for listening.
PSA for the General Accents and Skins Pinglist (aka GASP)
stop pinging for the jewelry/silks tag on accents that don't actually have jewelry or silks.
I gather people probably add it to their accents in hopes to attract the very popular jewelry/silks market of UMAS but not only are you mispinging people who actually want accents with those items, you are driving AWAY people who have the term blacklisted because they don't want accents like that.

I have lost count of the times I was looking through an accent shop, found a really gorgeous accent, wondered why I wasn't pinged for it, look for the gasp ping and find out the author included the jewelry/silks tag, that's why I didn't.
chains and spikes are not jewelry
a flowing shape drawn on the wings is not silks
Jewelry/silks is a tag for accents that mimic jewelry and silk apparel, or jewelry and silk adornments on the body. that's it. Please stop putting the tag in accents that don't have that, you will lose potential clients.

Thank you for listening.
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
i didnt know this was a problem, but that sure does sound annoying being mispinged for something you don't even want.

thanks for letting ppl know!
i didnt know this was a problem, but that sure does sound annoying being mispinged for something you don't even want.

thanks for letting ppl know!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
Some of it can be subjective.. mainly when you say "chains aren't jewelry," because to me they can be jewelry.. And perhaps someone was trying to create silks, but didn't do it up to some people's standards..

But I understand the frustration. I have a very general ping on the list, but sometimes I get a misping for things I'm not interested in at all, but usually they turn out to be mistakes, such as misclicks or misunderstandings. But I think a huge part is people copy and pasting from other people instead of the from the list itself. It' obvious that's a common issue from how many times the thread tells people to refrain from doing it, so that could be the issue at hand.
Some of it can be subjective.. mainly when you say "chains aren't jewelry," because to me they can be jewelry.. And perhaps someone was trying to create silks, but didn't do it up to some people's standards..

But I understand the frustration. I have a very general ping on the list, but sometimes I get a misping for things I'm not interested in at all, but usually they turn out to be mistakes, such as misclicks or misunderstandings. But I think a huge part is people copy and pasting from other people instead of the from the list itself. It' obvious that's a common issue from how many times the thread tells people to refrain from doing it, so that could be the issue at hand.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
you ever find a discourse you didn’t know existed?

i don’t usually add myself to pinglists because i get sad when i get a notification and it’s for something i signed up for, but this sounds incredibly frustrating ;; though some of it does sound a bit subjective? some people irl consider chains as jewelry, so i’m not really sure how this could be worked around tbh?
you ever find a discourse you didn’t know existed?

i don’t usually add myself to pinglists because i get sad when i get a notification and it’s for something i signed up for, but this sounds incredibly frustrating ;; though some of it does sound a bit subjective? some people irl consider chains as jewelry, so i’m not really sure how this could be worked around tbh?
I second this because I’m on a breed pingslist and one was pinged for faes and there were NO FAE ACCENTS and that’s super annoying.
I second this because I’m on a breed pingslist and one was pinged for faes and there were NO FAE ACCENTS and that’s super annoying.
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
i third this. i am only on the jewelry/silk tag for veilspuns. i have yet to have this happen to me but it would make me miffed if i was pinged for the jewelry/silk tag on breeds that i did not sign up for. besides, isn't there already a tag for chains/spikes?
i third this. i am only on the jewelry/silk tag for veilspuns. i have yet to have this happen to me but it would make me miffed if i was pinged for the jewelry/silk tag on breeds that i did not sign up for. besides, isn't there already a tag for chains/spikes?
DmRdZYl.png
[quote name="KnucklePuck" date="2021-01-11 10:21:25" ] Some of it can be subjective.. mainly when you say "chains aren't jewelry," because to me they can be jewelry.. And perhaps someone was trying to create silks, but didn't do it up to some people's standards.. [/quote] I agree with this. I also think that pinging extra people on purpose even when you are aware that they don't want to be pinged for what you've got isn't cool.
KnucklePuck wrote on 2021-01-11 10:21:25:

I agree with this.

I also think that pinging extra people on purpose even when you are aware that they don't want to be pinged for what you've got isn't cool.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
huh, I had no idea this was happening....but yeah, I can definitely imagine people pinging people of the unrelated but successful market gjkghjkhd, that's pretty mean.

However, while some chains truly are just chains, chains absolutely can be jewellery. And it's true that some silks just might not look entirely silky but should fall under that category. Perhaps the tags should be edited a bit more, I have no idea.
huh, I had no idea this was happening....but yeah, I can definitely imagine people pinging people of the unrelated but successful market gjkghjkhd, that's pretty mean.

However, while some chains truly are just chains, chains absolutely can be jewellery. And it's true that some silks just might not look entirely silky but should fall under that category. Perhaps the tags should be edited a bit more, I have no idea.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
idk if accent makers will actually see this, but honestly the problem is more widespread than the jewelry/silks:
stuff like getting pinged for "nature" accents for a vaporwave-style accent that has a palm tree (this specific thing is thankfully no longer an issue now that vaporwave itself is a tag, but I give it as another example).
idk if accent makers will actually see this, but honestly the problem is more widespread than the jewelry/silks:
stuff like getting pinged for "nature" accents for a vaporwave-style accent that has a palm tree (this specific thing is thankfully no longer an issue now that vaporwave itself is a tag, but I give it as another example).
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
One of the main reasons why I asked to be taken off GASP was because of this
One of the main reasons why I asked to be taken off GASP was because of this
BuDq0ZK.gif
1 2 3