Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | genes you CANNOT stand?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
None in particular, but now I'm remembering the smirchpocalypse of the last NotN I grinded during.
They're still sitting in my inventory...
None in particular, but now I'm remembering the smirchpocalypse of the last NotN I grinded during.
They're still sitting in my inventory...
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif

FR+1

[center][item=primary gene: crystal][item=primary gene: starmap][item=secondary gene: facet][item=tertiary gene: lace][item=tertiary gene: gembond] If I'm completely honest, [i]I don't like most rare genes no matter the breed[/i]. They just add texture but no pattern, very plain and overused. If not plain, they're sparkly and I just, don't want that on a dragon.[/center]
Primary Gene: Crystal Primary Gene: Starmap Secondary Gene: Facet Tertiary Gene: Lace Tertiary Gene: Gembond

If I'm completely honest, I don't like most rare genes no matter the breed. They just add texture but no pattern, very plain and overused. If not plain, they're sparkly and I just, don't want that on a dragon.
daom3l7-a0e9d769-2c15-438e-b477-777b75bab85b.gif
Pie/paint. Mosaic/Breakup.

Rosette. Hypnotic, except I love what it does to Veilspun manes! Sugarplum and Mottle on Banescales, although I don’t mind the corresponding primary genes.

Tiger. It’s just kind of boring.

Ringlets. Scales. Glowtail, Lace, and Keel mostly.

Stained usually. People say “Oh, it’s a bad tert savior!” but every time I try to use it that way the dragon just ends up looking washed out and sad.

Pie/paint. Mosaic/Breakup.

Rosette. Hypnotic, except I love what it does to Veilspun manes! Sugarplum and Mottle on Banescales, although I don’t mind the corresponding primary genes.

Tiger. It’s just kind of boring.

Ringlets. Scales. Glowtail, Lace, and Keel mostly.

Stained usually. People say “Oh, it’s a bad tert savior!” but every time I try to use it that way the dragon just ends up looking washed out and sad.

V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Hypnotic, Jupiter and Saturn.

Some genes look good on certain colors but I can't find a way to like these ones.
Hypnotic, Jupiter and Saturn.

Some genes look good on certain colors but I can't find a way to like these ones.
Hoo boy. I'm picky as heck. Bar/Daub, Clown/Eye Spots, Cherub (Seraph can stay but it's on thin ice), Jaguar/Rosette, Speckle/Freckle, Tiger/Stripes, Vipera/Hypnotic, Capsule, Contour, Crackle, Okapi, Ringlets, Scales, Spines (the concept is nice but it just feels cheap), Thylacine, Underbelly (it just looks really flat, and besides Glimmer is better)
Hoo boy. I'm picky as heck. Bar/Daub, Clown/Eye Spots, Cherub (Seraph can stay but it's on thin ice), Jaguar/Rosette, Speckle/Freckle, Tiger/Stripes, Vipera/Hypnotic, Capsule, Contour, Crackle, Okapi, Ringlets, Scales, Spines (the concept is nice but it just feels cheap), Thylacine, Underbelly (it just looks really flat, and besides Glimmer is better)
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
i dont really like starmap... if there's too much on the dragon i just remove the gene and have their primary as basic lol
i dont really like starmap... if there's too much on the dragon i just remove the gene and have their primary as basic lol
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
It's interesting that someone's favorite gene may be someone else's least favorite. Makes me appreciate the variety we have with genes.... we have genes that add patterns, that add texture, that add whole new components, genes that are reminiscent of existing species (like jaguar) and then things like starmap which aren't typical of any living things.

So with that in mind I feel like all genes are situational for me! There are genes I've previously disliked that I've found great uses for. Crackle tends to be unpopular but I feel like it looks great with mossy or golden colors (think moss/algae or cracked gold)

I think the only gene I haven't been able to make work is keel... then again now that I am dwelling on keel I feel like it would make some really cute chocolate chip dragons.
It's interesting that someone's favorite gene may be someone else's least favorite. Makes me appreciate the variety we have with genes.... we have genes that add patterns, that add texture, that add whole new components, genes that are reminiscent of existing species (like jaguar) and then things like starmap which aren't typical of any living things.

So with that in mind I feel like all genes are situational for me! There are genes I've previously disliked that I've found great uses for. Crackle tends to be unpopular but I feel like it looks great with mossy or golden colors (think moss/algae or cracked gold)

I think the only gene I haven't been able to make work is keel... then again now that I am dwelling on keel I feel like it would make some really cute chocolate chip dragons.
I can't stand Mosaic, Breakup, Laced, Edged, Lace, Gembond, Stitched, Patchwork, Ringlets, Firefly, and Keel. Most of them look super unnatural and weird to me so I don't really vibe with them.
I can't stand Mosaic, Breakup, Laced, Edged, Lace, Gembond, Stitched, Patchwork, Ringlets, Firefly, and Keel. Most of them look super unnatural and weird to me so I don't really vibe with them.
MBjujvx.png
Keel lol

Any other gene I could probably find a nice combo for but keel? There’s no helping it imo
Keel lol

Any other gene I could probably find a nice combo for but keel? There’s no helping it imo
bVzIUfv.png
Smirch
Nothing else
Smirch
Nothing else
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif