Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Right okay so
1 2 3
[quote name="Baneful" date="2020-11-16 15:28:07" ] Just imagine how round and cute they are with the pearl in their bellies though. [/quote] That is cursed and cute at the same time... I don't know how to feel.
Baneful wrote on 2020-11-16 15:28:07:
Just imagine how round and cute they are with the pearl in their bellies though.
That is cursed and cute at the same time... I don't know how to feel.
It starts off as a smol, baby-appropriate pearl that slowly gets built up. No way in heck that whole thing is coming out of them!
It starts off as a smol, baby-appropriate pearl that slowly gets built up. No way in heck that whole thing is coming out of them!
[quote name="Dragonfruiteen" date="2020-11-16 15:14:37" ] [quote name="Reilata" date="2020-11-16 14:25:44" ] Well it could have started off smaller, but then it just continuously barfed black stuff on it as babies are learning all the time. Fast pearl building. [/quote] Yeah, I've always just figured the hatchling art is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after the actual hatching. It's not a newborn, just general baby, and that pearl has been around for more than a few hours.There's been plenty of time for the baby to build it up [/quote] this is how i see it too
Dragonfruiteen wrote on 2020-11-16 15:14:37:
Reilata wrote on 2020-11-16 14:25:44:
Well it could have started off smaller, but then it just continuously barfed black stuff on it as babies are learning all the time. Fast pearl building.
Yeah, I've always just figured the hatchling art is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after the actual hatching. It's not a newborn, just general baby, and that pearl has been around for more than a few hours.There's been plenty of time for the baby to build it up
this is how i see it too
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
[quote name="Dragonfruiteen" date="2020-11-16 15:14:37" ] [quote name="Reilata" date="2020-11-16 14:25:44" ] Well it could have started off smaller, but then it just continuously barfed black stuff on it as babies are learning all the time. Fast pearl building. [/quote] Yeah, I've always just figured the hatchling art is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after the actual hatching. It's not a newborn, just general baby, and that pearl has been around for more than a few hours.There's been plenty of time for the baby to build it up [/quote] That's also how I interpret the art, I'd imagine newly-hatched dragons look more like bird hatchlings.
Dragonfruiteen wrote on 2020-11-16 15:14:37:
Reilata wrote on 2020-11-16 14:25:44:
Well it could have started off smaller, but then it just continuously barfed black stuff on it as babies are learning all the time. Fast pearl building.
Yeah, I've always just figured the hatchling art is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after the actual hatching. It's not a newborn, just general baby, and that pearl has been around for more than a few hours.There's been plenty of time for the baby to build it up

That's also how I interpret the art, I'd imagine newly-hatched dragons look more like bird hatchlings.
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="songofancients" date="2020-11-16 14:23:26" ] Pearlcatchers are secretly just snakes [/quote]
songofancients wrote on 2020-11-16 14:23:26:
Pearlcatchers are secretly just snakes
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
I thought it said somewhere that PCs add to their pearls over time? I always assumed it started smaller, like a baseball and they just added to it, making them bigger.
I thought it said somewhere that PCs add to their pearls over time? I always assumed it started smaller, like a baseball and they just added to it, making them bigger.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
It does specifically say ‘a large, lustrous pearl’ so... I guess it depends on the metric we’re using. Most pearls we’re used to are relatively small... so a ‘large pearl’ to US would be like anything from a d20 to mandarin orange size right? Or bigger??

... a very quick dragon search says that pearlie hatchlings average around 2 m long, which is... a big baby. That pearl’s massive regardless. Though I like to imagine that baby pearls are very messy, constantly secreting mucus to add to the pearl and that it does likely start out smaller- though still larger than pearls from other sources.
It does specifically say ‘a large, lustrous pearl’ so... I guess it depends on the metric we’re using. Most pearls we’re used to are relatively small... so a ‘large pearl’ to US would be like anything from a d20 to mandarin orange size right? Or bigger??

... a very quick dragon search says that pearlie hatchlings average around 2 m long, which is... a big baby. That pearl’s massive regardless. Though I like to imagine that baby pearls are very messy, constantly secreting mucus to add to the pearl and that it does likely start out smaller- though still larger than pearls from other sources.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
i assume the hatchling art is meant to be a general "this is an Child" rather than specifically a newly hatched baby, so the pearlcatcher represented in it is probably meant to be more like a draconic 5-10 year old than a newborn. their pearls probably start off much smaller and just *eventually* get to that size in proportion to their bodies at some point in the average pearlcatcher child's life.
i assume the hatchling art is meant to be a general "this is an Child" rather than specifically a newly hatched baby, so the pearlcatcher represented in it is probably meant to be more like a draconic 5-10 year old than a newborn. their pearls probably start off much smaller and just *eventually* get to that size in proportion to their bodies at some point in the average pearlcatcher child's life.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="Fushide" date="2020-11-16 14:08:21" ] edit;; after eating the eggshell is there a period of time where the baby is just round?? because of the pearl in their stomach?? [/quote] [i]that is a demon thought I need to purge it out of my mind with bleach[/i]
Fushide wrote on 2020-11-16 14:08:21:
edit;; after eating the eggshell is there a period of time where the baby is just round?? because of the pearl in their stomach??
that is a demon thought I need to purge it out of my mind with bleach
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
[quote name="GuacamacaYT" date="2020-11-16 16:25:58" ] [quote name="songofancients" date="2020-11-16 14:23:26" ] Pearlcatchers are secretly just snakes [/quote] [/quote]
GuacamacaYT wrote on 2020-11-16 16:25:58:
songofancients wrote on 2020-11-16 14:23:26:
Pearlcatchers are secretly just snakes
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
1 2 3