Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Closed
1 2 3 4 5
@BeLeaf thank you so much! Truthfully I wasn't sure I was going to win, but I'm very grateful I did! Thank you so much, and hoping you have the best of luck outside of FR!
@BeLeaf thank you so much! Truthfully I wasn't sure I was going to win, but I'm very grateful I did! Thank you so much, and hoping you have the best of luck outside of FR!
eA9odUz.png
@Blacknovelist, you won: [center]Lyss [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53304020][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/533041/53304020_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Regardless of what it is others say, Lyss is not sun-blessed. She is not the sun-blessing the old snapper calls her, when she carries his groceries home through the market's noisy throngs. Nor is she the godsend hatchlings' parents proclaim while children dance about the ribbons of her old sunlight-sewn raiment. Not a deft-fingered knot-fixing angel, or a strong-armed construction-helping hero, or even a small, mild-mannered goddess of a toy-deliverer. Most who call her such don't entirely mean it, of course. It's their way of quantifying her, sometimes, as they try to wrap her up in the weight of their thanks. Lyss takes these with smiles and gratitude of her own, though she lays the titles back down at their feet. She does not need them, after all. Gods are creatures of belief, reliant on those who dwell so far beneath them. Their angels and champions, beholden to their whims. A hero needs an evil to fight, a destiny to follow, a higher calling to serve. To bless is to be bestowed upon by others, and she does not bless. There is no invoking favor from another, nor does she carry any of her own — or if she does she’s never paid it any mind. Her respects will be paid, her regard kept in check, her praises placed precisely where they need to be because it’s only right she gives thanks to those who warrant it. But Lyss will not make them her life, will not allow some cosmic Other to become the reason or purpose for who she is. She does not need their guidance to be exactly who she wants to be — she will make that life for herself with her own two hands. [LIST] [*]Lyss is (or would be) a… what’s the word, follower? Of the Eleven? An almost-priest? But she’s also a very staunch believer of like, not letting things outside of herself dictate her life. The result is that she’ll happily celebrate them for the things they do or have done, but doesn’t really like to use phrases that do homage in day-to-day life that has nothing to do with them, if that makes sense. [*]Maybe she does it because of some previous bad experiences with other dragons who followed one or all of the Eleven… if so, she’s not telling. [*]Of course, that's just her, though - everyone should believe in what they want to believe!! Unless it's harmful to others, but that's usually another situation altogether. [*]She spends most of her time just kind of… going around, doing lots of charity and general good deeds. Probably either handles or helps with a donation bin/soup kitchen in the clan in her free time! [*]Sometimes her charity and other tasks brings her around to other nearby clans and things, in which case she also acts as a partial ambassador (though someone often comes along with her regardless, because there's always safety in numbers) [*]Very close with Brazia, and the two often spend time together outside of their respective duties [/LIST] [center][item=Skin: Ceremonial Lightcatcher] [item=Illuminated Emblem][item=Standard of the Lightweaver][item=Golden Roundhorn][item=Daybreak Decorations][item=Brightshine Raiments][item=Black Linen Chest Wrap][item=Pearl Flourish Anklets][item=Black Breeches][Item=Sepia-Edged Claw][item=Corn Snake] [item=Shining Cancer][item=Scene: Lightweaver's Domain] [outfit=1380160][/center] edit: I really love this lore, you can see her personality shine through it. in many ways, it reminds me of myself a few years ago, when I felt more disillusioned with life and with faith than I do now, but not as bad as when I was in high school.
@Blacknovelist, you won:
Lyss
53304020_350.png
Regardless of what it is others say, Lyss is not sun-blessed. She is not the sun-blessing the old snapper calls her, when she carries his groceries home through the market's noisy throngs. Nor is she the godsend hatchlings' parents proclaim while children dance about the ribbons of her old sunlight-sewn raiment. Not a deft-fingered knot-fixing angel, or a strong-armed construction-helping hero, or even a small, mild-mannered goddess of a toy-deliverer. Most who call her such don't entirely mean it, of course. It's their way of quantifying her, sometimes, as they try to wrap her up in the weight of their thanks. Lyss takes these with smiles and gratitude of her own, though she lays the titles back down at their feet. She does not need them, after all.

Gods are creatures of belief, reliant on those who dwell so far beneath them. Their angels and champions, beholden to their whims. A hero needs an evil to fight, a destiny to follow, a higher calling to serve. To bless is to be bestowed upon by others, and she does not bless. There is no invoking favor from another, nor does she carry any of her own — or if she does she’s never paid it any mind.

Her respects will be paid, her regard kept in check, her praises placed precisely where they need to be because it’s only right she gives thanks to those who warrant it. But Lyss will not make them her life, will not allow some cosmic Other to become the reason or purpose for who she is. She does not need their guidance to be exactly who she wants to be — she will make that life for herself with her own two hands.
  • Lyss is (or would be) a… what’s the word, follower? Of the Eleven? An almost-priest? But she’s also a very staunch believer of like, not letting things outside of herself dictate her life. The result is that she’ll happily celebrate them for the things they do or have done, but doesn’t really like to use phrases that do homage in day-to-day life that has nothing to do with them, if that makes sense.
  • Maybe she does it because of some previous bad experiences with other dragons who followed one or all of the Eleven… if so, she’s not telling.
  • Of course, that's just her, though - everyone should believe in what they want to believe!! Unless it's harmful to others, but that's usually another situation altogether.
  • She spends most of her time just kind of… going around, doing lots of charity and general good deeds. Probably either handles or helps with a donation bin/soup kitchen in the clan in her free time!
  • Sometimes her charity and other tasks brings her around to other nearby clans and things, in which case she also acts as a partial ambassador (though someone often comes along with her regardless, because there's always safety in numbers)
  • Very close with Brazia, and the two often spend time together outside of their respective duties
Skin: Ceremonial Lightcatcher
Illuminated Emblem Standard of the Lightweaver Golden Roundhorn Daybreak Decorations Brightshine Raiments Black Linen Chest Wrap Pearl Flourish Anklets Black Breeches Sepia-Edged Claw Corn Snake
Shining Cancer Scene: Lightweaver's Domain
Lyss
edit: I really love this lore, you can see her personality shine through it. in many ways, it reminds me of myself a few years ago, when I felt more disillusioned with life and with faith than I do now, but not as bad as when I was in high school.
Giveaway
oh, woah!! What an awesome surprise — thank you so much!! [emoji=heart] thank you also for running this contest, it was really rad!
oh, woah!! What an awesome surprise — thank you so much!! thank you also for running this contest, it was really rad!
maZIx4r.pngaC2MxeX.pngqbN1OYl.pngACOZFAh.pngcIEO3vJ.png WL
I'm not sure if @AuroraBolas (who won the fire spiral) is still on FR, they haven't picked up their dragon yet, and I checked their lair but they haven't fed their dragons in a really long time or posted on the forums since October 29th.
I have until the end of the day Saturday, and after that, I won't be able to be on FR anymore. if AuroraBolas doesn't pick up their dragon before then, I'll send him to @Self.
I'm not sure if @AuroraBolas (who won the fire spiral) is still on FR, they haven't picked up their dragon yet, and I checked their lair but they haven't fed their dragons in a really long time or posted on the forums since October 29th.
I have until the end of the day Saturday, and after that, I won't be able to be on FR anymore. if AuroraBolas doesn't pick up their dragon before then, I'll send him to @Self.
Giveaway
@Self, it was very difficult to choose between your lore and Blacknovelist's. if it were possible to tie you two would have tied. [item=Accent: Sun's First Rays][item=Skin: Phoenix King][item=Corn Snake][item=Luminous Sundrapes][item=Brightshine Raiments][item= Scene: Remembrance]
@Self, it was very difficult to choose between your lore and Blacknovelist's. if it were possible to tie you two would have tied.
Accent: Sun's First Rays Skin: Phoenix King Corn Snake Luminous Sundrapes Brightshine Raiments Scene: Remembrance
Giveaway
@Silvercats2 [item=Accent: WrappedTurquoise][item=Accent: Glow Worm Cave][item=Blackline Bicorn Whale][item=Corn Snake][item=Gleaming Wing Segments][item=Haunting Amber Pendants][item=Brightshine Raiments][item=Scene: Remembrance]
@Silvercats2
Accent: Glow Worm Cave Blackline Bicorn Whale Corn Snake Gleaming Wing Segments Haunting Amber Pendants Brightshine Raiments Scene: Remembrance
Giveaway
@Lykantos [item=Accent: Stibknight][item=Accent: Grow Nouveau][item=Corn Snake][item=Daybreak Decorations][item=Standard of the Lightweaver][item=Scene: Remembrance][item=Immaculate Tablet]x46
@Lykantos
Accent: Stibknight Accent: Grow Nouveau Corn Snake Daybreak Decorations Standard of the Lightweaver Scene: Remembrance Immaculate Tablet x46
Giveaway
@AuroraBolas [item=Accent: Scroll of Pells][item=Accent: Iris Alight][item=Corn Snake][item=Daybreak Decorations][item=Brightscale Chest Guard][item=Brightscale Bracers][item=Brightscale Greaves][item=Brightscale Helmet][item=Brightscale Shoulder Guards][item=Brightscale Tail Guard][item=Brightscale Wing Guard][item=Scene: Remembrance]
@AuroraBolas
Accent: Scroll of Pells Accent: Iris Alight Corn Snake Daybreak Decorations Brightscale Chest Guard Brightscale Bracers Brightscale Greaves Brightscale Helmet Brightscale Shoulder Guards Brightscale Tail Guard Brightscale Wing Guard Scene: Remembrance
Giveaway
That's everyone! I hope you all have wonderful lives both on and off Flight Rising
That's everyone! I hope you all have wonderful lives both on and off Flight Rising
Giveaway
@BeLeaf Thank you! Wishing you well ^^
@BeLeaf Thank you! Wishing you well ^^
IMG-0395.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She/they
FRT+3
**If I don’t respond to a ping it
probably got lost in my notifications,
please feel free to ping me again or send a PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 2 3 4 5