Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Closed
1 2 3 4 5
@AuroraBolas , you won: [center]Molten [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55894807][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/558949/55894807_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The spiral returns to his cave, carrying an armful of blazing embers in his hands, which were protected by a set of flame-proof gloves. "Give me a hand, will you, Amuht?" Amuht approaches him and offers him a prosthetic arm. "Ahah,hahah. Very funny," Molten says, shaking his head. "Hurry, these coals are very hot." "Let me get my gloves, hang on," Amuht says, walking back into the cave and returning with the fire proof gloves, splitting half of the coals and bringing them to Molten's belows. "We appreciate you helping us, Molten." Amuht says, stoking the coals with some large branches and logs. "We needed someone to assist us with making metals." He squints at Molten, who drops the coals in the firepit. "Of course, I'm glad I can help." He looks at Amuht. "What was it you needed assistance with, Amuht?" The Wildclaw removes his helmet, handing it Molten, who inspects it. "Ah. one of the mandibles are loose," He comments, placing the helmet upon his workbench. "That's an easy fix." Amuht smiles. "Thank you, again, Molten. We appreciate you helping the army." Molten waves his hand in dismissal. "Of course, I'm glad to help you." He pauses form repairing the helmet to look at Amuht. "What is it you guys are against? An army must have an enemy, right?" "Not necessarily. We call ourselves an army but we're really just a group of Wildclaws. We have all saved each other one way or another. Emrakul leads us all, he protects us and made the army." Molten nods. "Got it. So you're...Wildclaw vigilantes then, in a sense?" Amuht shrugs. "You could call us that. We're different things to everyone." "Understandable. Are you only a group of Wildclaws?" "We focus mainly on Wildclaws, but if we were to find another dragon like us but not a Wildclaw, we'd bring it back to our clan. Our clan is dedicated to helping lost and injured dragons." "So..if I were to ask to join," "You could join, just not the army. You'd be a part of our clan, our family, but the army is just for Wildclaws." Molten nods, picking up the helmet and offering it to Amuht. "There, perfectly fixed, as if it never broke." "Thank you, Molten." Amuht smiles. "Your kindness will be remembered, and you will be forever a friend of our clan." [center][item=Searing Emblem][item=Igneous Iguana][item=Conflagrant Halo][item=Conflagrant Kilt][item=Flameforger Crucible][item=Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles][item=Simple Darksteel Bracelets] [item=Scene: Flamecaller's Domain] [outfit=1378967][/center]
@AuroraBolas , you won:
Molten
55894807_350.png
The spiral returns to his cave, carrying an armful of blazing embers in his hands, which were protected by a set of flame-proof gloves. "Give me a hand, will you, Amuht?"
Amuht approaches him and offers him a prosthetic arm. "Ahah,hahah. Very funny," Molten says, shaking his head. "Hurry, these coals are very hot."
"Let me get my gloves, hang on," Amuht says, walking back into the cave and returning with the fire proof gloves, splitting half of the coals and bringing them to Molten's belows. "We appreciate you helping us, Molten." Amuht says, stoking the coals with some large branches and logs. "We needed someone to assist us with making metals." He squints at Molten, who drops the coals in the firepit. "Of course, I'm glad I can help." He looks at Amuht. "What was it you needed assistance with, Amuht?" The Wildclaw removes his helmet, handing it Molten, who inspects it. "Ah. one of the mandibles are loose," He comments, placing the helmet upon his workbench. "That's an easy fix." Amuht smiles. "Thank you, again, Molten. We appreciate you helping the army." Molten waves his hand in dismissal. "Of course, I'm glad to help you." He pauses form repairing the helmet to look at Amuht. "What is it you guys are against? An army must have an enemy, right?"
"Not necessarily. We call ourselves an army but we're really just a group of Wildclaws. We have all saved each other one way or another. Emrakul leads us all, he protects us and made the army." Molten nods. "Got it. So you're...Wildclaw vigilantes then, in a sense?" Amuht shrugs. "You could call us that. We're different things to everyone."
"Understandable. Are you only a group of Wildclaws?"
"We focus mainly on Wildclaws, but if we were to find another dragon like us but not a Wildclaw, we'd bring it back to our clan. Our clan is dedicated to helping lost and injured dragons."
"So..if I were to ask to join,"
"You could join, just not the army. You'd be a part of our clan, our family, but the army is just for Wildclaws."
Molten nods, picking up the helmet and offering it to Amuht. "There, perfectly fixed, as if it never broke."
"Thank you, Molten." Amuht smiles. "Your kindness will be remembered, and you will be forever a friend of our clan."
Searing Emblem Igneous Iguana Conflagrant Halo Conflagrant Kilt Flameforger Crucible Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles Simple Darksteel Bracelets
Scene: Flamecaller's Domain
Molten
Giveaway
@Self I love the lore you wrote for the spiral, especially how ice and fire are two sides of the same coin, even in site lore. [item=Scene: Flamecaller's domain][item=Igneous Iguana][item=Cinder Mith]
@Self
I love the lore you wrote for the spiral, especially how ice and fire are two sides of the same coin, even in site lore.
Scene: Flamecaller's Domain Igneous Iguana Cinder Mith
Giveaway
@Self , you won: [center]Feud [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55073807][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/550739/55073807_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It ended in a blaze of glorious light. It began in a world of pain and darkness. What this one knew was that he could see nothing and feel everything. All of his nerves were electrified and it was horrible. They were on fire all the time. He remembered working on the copper spires in the Lightning Farm like usual. A particular coil was being stubborn but that was just typical. He thought he heard his name being called out and looked up to see a beautiful light come up over his body. That was it. That was all he remembered. Then there was waking up to this. This awful pain and darkness. He wanted to see that light again. It was pretty. Days passed. Or what felt like days. Nothing changed. Just the pain stayed to keep him company. Light came in the form of new pain and with it newcomers. "He lives. Well, you lost your bet." Said a blue skydancer. "It was a damn long shot, even with your healing." Grumbled the grey snapper. He approached and sniffed the guardian over, "you should probably thank her for that hunh?" "Oh um, yes. Thankyou...?" The skydancer giggled and bounded over behind the guardian letting in more nasty light by opening a window apature. "I'm Flick. That grumbling softy is Blassenda. Don't worry about it too much." The skydancer was suddenly 2 inches from the guardian's nose, "your eyes healed up OK. That's a relief. With the scars everywhere else I wondered." "Scars?" The guardian looked down to see his once glorious shining hide covered in masses of scars. "What?" He whispered in horror. The skydancer, oblivious to the internal termoil of the guardian continued on- "I mean you don't need eyes. But it is good to have eyes. And we saved all your limbs! The right wing was kind of a worryer there for a while but then I said-" "Flick." "Don't interrupt Blass. It's rude." "Flick." "Blass-" the skydancer turned to the snapper who motioned to the guardian silently. Upon looking at the guardian the skydancer realized that she did it again. She had screwed up and hurt her patient. She quietly exited the space and let Blass do her own type of healing. "She really did pull off a miracle pulling you back to the living you know." "What happened?" The snapper hummed with her whole body and it filled the room. It was comforting but also strange. "I tell you this not because you are special, but because you need perspective." The snapper turned away from the guardian. "The Lightning Farms are full of dragons who have been hit or almost hit with lightning that should have killed them. We all laugh it off. But the reality is that there are a great many who are killed. No one speaks of this because the work need to be done and it seems shameful that a lightning dragon should be killed by lightning." The snapper shuddered and turned to the guardian now. "Flick and I are often called upon to heal dragons who get hit. Most don't make it." The snapper’s eyes bored into the guardian's face. "There have been many before you. So when I ask you to appreciate Flicks work-" "I should say thank you and not feel sorry for myself." "You may do both, but I ask that you not look too sad in front of Flick." The snapper did a humming laugh that the guardian was coming to enjoy. "She is the type that will see the butterfly before the graveyard. So let her see the butterfly, please." "Fine. But you better help me find some damn flashy apparel if we are going to pull that off. I look awful." "Oh, I have just the thing." [center][item=Electricians Emblem][item=Standard of the Stormcatcher][item=Thundercrack Cogspanner][item=Highland Scavenger][item=Voltvolley Implements][item=Dented Iron Boots][item=Voltaic Stormclaws] [item=Scene: Stormcatcher's Domain][item=Sparkling Goblin] [outfit=1379017][/center]
@Self , you won:
Feud
55073807_350.png
It ended in a blaze of glorious light. It began in a world of pain and darkness. What this one knew was that he could see nothing and feel everything. All of his nerves were electrified and it was horrible. They were on fire all the time. He remembered working on the copper spires in the Lightning Farm like usual. A particular coil was being stubborn but that was just typical. He thought he heard his name being called out and looked up to see a beautiful light come up over his body. That was it. That was all he remembered. Then there was waking up to this. This awful pain and darkness. He wanted to see that light again. It was pretty.
Days passed. Or what felt like days. Nothing changed. Just the pain stayed to keep him company.

Light came in the form of new pain and with it newcomers.

"He lives. Well, you lost your bet." Said a blue skydancer.

"It was a damn long shot, even with your healing." Grumbled the grey snapper. He approached and sniffed the guardian over, "you should probably thank her for that hunh?"

"Oh um, yes. Thankyou...?"

The skydancer giggled and bounded over behind the guardian letting in more nasty light by opening a window apature. "I'm Flick. That grumbling softy is Blassenda. Don't worry about it too much." The skydancer was suddenly 2 inches from the guardian's nose, "your eyes healed up OK. That's a relief. With the scars everywhere else I wondered."

"Scars?" The guardian looked down to see his once glorious shining hide covered in masses of scars. "What?" He whispered in horror.

The skydancer, oblivious to the internal termoil of the guardian continued on- "I mean you don't need eyes. But it is good to have eyes. And we saved all your limbs! The right wing was kind of a worryer there for a while but then I said-"

"Flick."

"Don't interrupt Blass. It's rude."

"Flick."

"Blass-" the skydancer turned to the snapper who motioned to the guardian silently. Upon looking at the guardian the skydancer realized that she did it again. She had screwed up and hurt her patient. She quietly exited the space and let Blass do her own type of healing.

"She really did pull off a miracle pulling you back to the living you know."

"What happened?"

The snapper hummed with her whole body and it filled the room. It was comforting but also strange. "I tell you this not because you are special, but because you need perspective." The snapper turned away from the guardian. "The Lightning Farms are full of dragons who have been hit or almost hit with lightning that should have killed them. We all laugh it off. But the reality is that there are a great many who are killed. No one speaks of this because the work need to be done and it seems shameful that a lightning dragon should be killed by lightning." The snapper shuddered and turned to the guardian now. "Flick and I are often called upon to heal dragons who get hit. Most don't make it." The snapper’s eyes bored into the guardian's face. "There have been many before you. So when I ask you to appreciate Flicks work-"

"I should say thank you and not feel sorry for myself."

"You may do both, but I ask that you not look too sad in front of Flick." The snapper did a humming laugh that the guardian was coming to enjoy. "She is the type that will see the butterfly before the graveyard. So let her see the butterfly, please."

"Fine. But you better help me find some damn flashy apparel if we are going to pull that off. I look awful."

"Oh, I have just the thing."
Standard of the Stormcatcher Thundercrack Cogspanner Highland Scavenger Voltvolley Implements Dented Iron Boots Voltaic Stormclaws
Scene: Stormcatcher's Domain Sparkling Goblin
Feud
Giveaway
Eek I won. Fued will have a lovely home. He is already spoiled with all the goodies you have on him so I shall have to spoil him with a lady friend.

Thankyou :D
Eek I won. Fued will have a lovely home. He is already spoiled with all the goodies you have on him so I shall have to spoil him with a lady friend.

Thankyou :D
IMG-7708.png

ovaJ1TV.png
@crimsonquasar I absolutly love your "everyday dragons" lore, and I really like the clash between enjoying a good current life situation but also wishing for something more, and I love how his curiosity is what drives him (those are almost always my favorite characters in books) [item=Coursing Skira][item=Tribeam Lurker][item=Skin: Storm Current][item=Skin: Lightning Fish][item=Shock Bolt][item=Scholar][item=Charged Sprocket]x11
@crimsonquasar
I absolutly love your "everyday dragons" lore, and I really like the clash between enjoying a good current life situation but also wishing for something more, and I love how his curiosity is what drives him (those are almost always my favorite characters in books)
Coursing Skira Tribeam Lurker Skin: Storm Current Skin: Lightning Fish Shock Bolt Scholar Charged Sprocket x11
Giveaway
@Lykantos, I [i]love[/i] your lore. site lore can be slightly nonsensical at times, but you worked it so well with the dragon biology working with the environment. if I were't leaving FR, I'd save that first paragraph somewhere to refer to when writing lore for other coatls. [center]Peregrin [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55841728][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/558418/55841728_350.png[/img][/url][/center] In all honestly, Coatls were somewhat ill-suited for constant flight. They were excellent climbers, with long lithe bodies to navigate the rocky environment of the Ashfall Wastes, and wide feathery wings that could generate powerful gusts and catch the rising hot air from magma pools in their native land. All that meant, however, was that the breed made rather poor sustained flyers without constant updrafts to keep them aloft. Peregrin used to lament this unfortunate fact of biology, but she had long since mastered her element, and a true Wind master was by default a decent flier. Even novice ground-bound Snappers could (sort of) fly with Wind magic, and Peregrin was so far beyond novice that she could reliably beat non-Wind Spirals or Skydancers in any flying race, and she had decent chances of winning against even Wind-born ones, too. The vibrant Coatl had spent much of her hatchling years playing in the Zephyr Steppes, then the Reedcleft Ascent, and by the time her delicate-looking wings had reached their full height she was regularly flying near the Twisting Crescendo. The heart-stopping exhilaration of being buffeted by tornado winds, using every drop of magic and pushing every muscle to its absolute limit was addicting. Peregrin had narrowly avoided being sucked into the deadly eye of the storm, and each near-miss only pushed her to greater heights. It was really no wonder that she stayed in the Windswept Plateau for so long, chasing thrills. But even she found roaming the same area for years... not boring, exactly, but unsatisfying. The Crescendo would always be there, baring an act of Windsinger, while she only had so long to see what the rest of the world offered. So Peregrin took courier jobs, using her skills to deliver to places with tricky heat currents in the air like the Ashfall Wastes and the storm riddled Shifting Expanse. Those routes paid well, and the Coatl soon developed a hobby of buying and wearing the local fashions. On a particularly slow day Peregrin was restless enough that she took the first job outside her usual destination: the Tangled Wood. Flying over the Water domain made for a magnificent view of the Sea of a Thousand Currents glittering in the sunlight, though her vision was soon swallowed in the ever-present darkness of the Shadow lands. Bright wings flared wide as the Coatl banked sharply, forced to lower her blistering speed to avoid snaring thorns and grasping branches. Welcoming place, she mused, abandoning sight entirely and closing her eyes to navigate via her Wind senses. It was much more reliable than trusting her sight, with the sheer number of will-o-wisps and the strangely shifting shadows. Good thing couriers get mental maps of addresses, or I'd really be in trouble. Still, it took what felt like hours before she found the place, opening her green eyes to see a lair entrance of intertwined brambles. The clan was evidently busy, dragons bustling about to and fro carrying a surprising variety of items. She approached a sleek dark Spiral who seemed to be in charge, handing over her letter and watching as he read it, frowned, then incinerated the parchment with a single breath. She hummed, "Something wrong?" The common tongue was hard for Coarls, but Peregrin was far too impatient to use a translator for every interaction and had forced herself to learn it long ago. "Our contact decided to cancel," the male grunted, Fire eyes narrowed in irritation. "We're going on an expedition to Harpy's Roost and we'd been hoping to hire a Wind scout help out, but no such luck, apparently." The Spiral growled. The Harpy's Roost? Those rocky towering cliffs were high enough that she could see them when making deliveries, and occasionally she'd catch a glimpse of dark shadows flying nearby, too large to be a dragon. She considered the matter carefully before asking, "You have any special requirements?" The male turned to look at her properly, seemingly seeing her Whirlwind Emblem for the first time. "Hmm. We were looking for an agile flier skilled in Wind magic, to be a lookout and help with the harpies," he said slowly. "I don't suppose you'd be interested in an extremely dangerous, extremely lucrative contract?" Peregrin trilled in amusement, "At your service." Her feathered crest bristled in excitement. Yes, this is the perfect job. [center][item=Whirlwind Emblem][item=Black Protective Eyewear][item=Peace Dove][item=Reedcleft Resonance][item=Copper Cuffs of Transmutation][item=Teardrop Jade Earrings][item=Celadon Tail Bangle][item=Celadon Silk Sash][item=Celadon Silk Scarf][item=Diaphanous Sylvan Dress][item=Tanned Rogue Vest][item=Tanned Rogue Trousers][item=Tanned Rogue Footpads] [item=Scene: Rocky Refuge] [outfit=1379109][/center]
@Lykantos, I love your lore. site lore can be slightly nonsensical at times, but you worked it so well with the dragon biology working with the environment. if I were't leaving FR, I'd save that first paragraph somewhere to refer to when writing lore for other coatls.
Peregrin
55841728_350.png
In all honestly, Coatls were somewhat ill-suited for constant flight. They were excellent climbers, with long lithe bodies to navigate the rocky environment of the Ashfall Wastes, and wide feathery wings that could generate powerful gusts and catch the rising hot air from magma pools in their native land. All that meant, however, was that the breed made rather poor sustained flyers without constant updrafts to keep them aloft.

Peregrin used to lament this unfortunate fact of biology, but she had long since mastered her element, and a true Wind master was by default a decent flier. Even novice ground-bound Snappers could (sort of) fly with Wind magic, and Peregrin was so far beyond novice that she could reliably beat non-Wind Spirals or Skydancers in any flying race, and she had decent chances of winning against even Wind-born ones, too.

The vibrant Coatl had spent much of her hatchling years playing in the Zephyr Steppes, then the Reedcleft Ascent, and by the time her delicate-looking wings had reached their full height she was regularly flying near the Twisting Crescendo. The heart-stopping exhilaration of being buffeted by tornado winds, using every drop of magic and pushing every muscle to its absolute limit was addicting. Peregrin had narrowly avoided being sucked into the deadly eye of the storm, and each near-miss only pushed her to greater heights.

It was really no wonder that she stayed in the Windswept Plateau for so long, chasing thrills. But even she found roaming the same area for years... not boring, exactly, but unsatisfying. The Crescendo would always be there, baring an act of Windsinger, while she only had so long to see what the rest of the world offered. So Peregrin took courier jobs, using her skills to deliver to places with tricky heat currents in the air like the Ashfall Wastes and the storm riddled Shifting Expanse. Those routes paid well, and the Coatl soon developed a hobby of buying and wearing the local fashions.

On a particularly slow day Peregrin was restless enough that she took the first job outside her usual destination: the Tangled Wood. Flying over the Water domain made for a magnificent view of the Sea of a Thousand Currents glittering in the sunlight, though her vision was soon swallowed in the ever-present darkness of the Shadow lands. Bright wings flared wide as the Coatl banked sharply, forced to lower her blistering speed to avoid snaring thorns and grasping branches.

Welcoming place, she mused, abandoning sight entirely and closing her eyes to navigate via her Wind senses. It was much more reliable than trusting her sight, with the sheer number of will-o-wisps and the strangely shifting shadows. Good thing couriers get mental maps of addresses, or I'd really be in trouble.
Still, it took what felt like hours before she found the place, opening her green eyes to see a lair entrance of intertwined brambles. The clan was evidently busy, dragons bustling about to and fro carrying a surprising variety of items. She approached a sleek dark Spiral who seemed to be in charge, handing over her letter and watching as he read it, frowned, then incinerated the parchment with a single breath.
She hummed, "Something wrong?" The common tongue was hard for Coarls, but Peregrin was far too impatient to use a translator for every interaction and had forced herself to learn it long ago.

"Our contact decided to cancel," the male grunted, Fire eyes narrowed in irritation. "We're going on an expedition to Harpy's Roost and we'd been hoping to hire a Wind scout help out, but no such luck, apparently." The Spiral growled.

The Harpy's Roost? Those rocky towering cliffs were high enough that she could see them when making deliveries, and occasionally she'd catch a glimpse of dark shadows flying nearby, too large to be a dragon. She considered the matter carefully before asking, "You have any special requirements?"

The male turned to look at her properly, seemingly seeing her Whirlwind Emblem for the first time. "Hmm. We were looking for an agile flier skilled in Wind magic, to be a lookout and help with the harpies," he said slowly. "I don't suppose you'd be interested in an extremely dangerous, extremely lucrative contract?"

Peregrin trilled in amusement, "At your service." Her feathered crest bristled in excitement. Yes, this is the perfect job.
Whirlwind Emblem Black Protective Eyewear Peace Dove Reedcleft Resonance Copper Cuffs of Transmutation Teardrop Jade Earrings Celadon Tail Bangle Celadon Silk Sash Celadon Silk Scarf Diaphanous Sylvan Dress Tanned Rogue Vest Tanned Rogue Trousers Tanned Rogue Footpads
Scene: Rocky Refuge
Peregrin
Giveaway
@crimsonquasar Your lore was very good, and might have won had I not been geeking out over dragon biology. [item=Golden Birdskull Wingpiece][item=Lemongrass Feathered Wings][item=Peacock Firebird][item=Vista: Training Fields][item=Accent: Trade Winds][item=Accent: Flow][item=Gust Slash][item=Berserker][item=Ambush][item=Messengers Scroll]x85
@crimsonquasar
Your lore was very good, and might have won had I not been geeking out over dragon biology.
Golden Birdskull Wingpiece Lemongrass Feathered Wings Peacock Firebird Vista: Training Fields Accent: Trade Winds Accent: flow Gust Slash Berserker Ambush x85
Giveaway
Thank you so much for Arauth and for the extra items! I really appreciate it and hope to give Arauth a good home. I also enjoyed writing the lore so thank you for the opportunity to do so too.
Thank you so much for Arauth and for the extra items! I really appreciate it and hope to give Arauth a good home. I also enjoyed writing the lore so thank you for the opportunity to do so too.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
FObX7rS.png
nmHdjnM.png
This one was extremely difficult to decide, but in the end, I had to go with @feleathion, you won: [center]Koyuki [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52747530][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/527476/52747530_350.png[/img][/url][/center] They were warned ahead of time that the storm was coming. Her instructor thought it would be better for her to wait till it passed to then make a delivery. Everyone knew she was still new at the task, viewing her as a year old dragon, and this particular package was going to be her final assessment. She thought she could outfly a storm. She didn’t know how strong the storm was going to be. The blizzard was blinding, with the light of day fading beyond the clouds. Despite how many layers she covered herself in, the cold was still piercing through her scales, her wings already starting to have a small sheet of frost on her feathers. The package was still held tightly in her talons. No way I’d be able to turn back now. I have to keep moving forward. It’s the only way I’ll survive. It’s the only way I’ll prove I have what it takes to be a messenger. She thought of her parents who both were the same color of snow. Both were confused why she turned away the life of a highly respected dragon for that of a commoner. They’ll never know though. I bought a spell to cover my true skin. I left home without a note saying goodbye. This is me, this is the life I want to live, away from them. Let’s hope I have enough strength to make it through- Her thoughts were cut up when she spotted a mountain ledge jutting in her sight. Pain pulsed through her whole body as she fell, hitting other ledges, finally collapsing onto a pile of snow. The darkness of the sky was everywhere. She attempted to get up, but her head throbbed with pain, and she quickly sank back into the snow. Her wings were growing numb, and her vision faded into a dark grey. The howling of the wings was all she heard before everything went away. Warmth. That was the feeling she woke up with, a small crackle of fire echoing in her ears. She felt like she wasn’t lying down on snow, but a blanket. She opened her eyes slowly and was greeted by the sight of a white Skydancer, who was carefully wrapping bandages on her wings. The Skydancer made eye contact with her. “W… where am I?” “You’re resting in a cave. You’re fortunate that we even found your body at all, the blizzard’s very loud.” “We?” The Skydancer gestured her head toward the other side. Two dragons were seen. A red guardian with green eyes was chewing on a cooked piece of meat, and was talking in a low voice. Beside her was a small green Imperial, who had a solemn look on his face. He placed a few pieces of wood onto the fire as he held onto a bowl filled with greenery. Both stopped talking as they looked at her. “She’s awake,” the Skydancer confirmed. “We’ll have to wait out the storm till we can find the nearest lair tomorrow.” The Imperial gave a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness, you looked like you were a few steps away from death.” “Were it not for Vicino here, we may have all been done for,” the Guardian agreed. It was then that she saw all the dragons had some bandages and wounds. “You’re... Warriors?” The Skydancer named Vicino nodded. “Of the Gladekeeper’s service. We came here to train, but it seems that we all were caught in the same storm.” She nodded quietly before her eyes turned to slits. She glanced down at her talons, which were empty. “My package. W-Where’s my package?” “Calm down,” Vicino assured her. “Ruby found a package nearby, she placed it near our supplies. It only has a small tear, but it’s otherwise fine.” She gave out a shuddered sigh, her paws suddenly tingling with pain. She gave a small wince. “Hold up,” Vicino spoke. The Skydancer held onto her hand, before placing her own. A small faint glow came from her palm, easing away the pain. There was some silence in the cavern. A distant sound of wind was heard. “Are you sure nothing’s in here?” She asked. Vicino nodded. “Sagebreeze and Ruby made sure the cavern was empty before we made camp here. We’ll be safe for the night, and you’ll be able to get some rest.” “But what about you?” “I’ll be fine, I’m used to making sure others sleep before I do. I’ve been a healer all my life, and while I know my rest is important too, old habits die hard. Don’t worry, I don’t think I’ll have to wait too long for that to happen.” Both Ruby and Sagebreeze appeared to have finished their meals and were drifting off to sleep. Vicino came over and made sure both had cloaks over their backs while they slept. She thought about what Vicino said as the Skydancer gave her a warm cloth to sleep under, and a warm meal of rabbit. I know all of my life I’ve been trying my best to prove myself that I’m not who my parents wanted me to be. But by doing that, I’ve just been pushing myself to enter dangerous situations. I could’ve died tonight. And for what? My parents aren’t in my life anymore, I don’t need to do anymore of these stunts. So what do I do? She remembered a time where she wanted to be a warrior herself as a hatchling, before she thought seeing the world as a courier was more interesting. Maybe I could still be a warrior, and a messenger. It wouldn’t be an easy switch. She’d first had to make her delivery, and then make an agreement with her instructor. And of course these dragons lived in a clan, and the decision was ultimately up to their leader. But then again I thought I wasn’t going to be able to run away from my parents. If I did that, then maybe there’s a chance I can do this too. Vicino laid on a warm comforter besides her. “Could you tell me what’s your name? I want to make sure you don’t have any amnesia.” “Oh, it’s Koyuki.” She yawned out, lying down and closing her eyes. “Koyuki, that’s a very lovely name.” [center][item=Skin: Frigid Gale] [item=Frigid Emblem][item=Winter Wind][item=Umbral Leather Skullcap][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Bags][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Coat][item=Tanned Rogue Mask][item=Black Wooly Tail][item=Standard of the Icewarden][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Tail Cozy][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Pants][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Gloves][item=Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Boots][item=Well-to-do Sable Spats][item=Well-to-do Sable Gloves] [outfit=1379371][/center]
This one was extremely difficult to decide, but in the end, I had to go with
@feleathion, you won:
Koyuki
52747530_350.png
They were warned ahead of time that the storm was coming. Her instructor thought it would be better for her to wait till it passed to then make a delivery. Everyone knew she was still new at the task, viewing her as a year old dragon, and this particular package was going to be her final assessment.

She thought she could outfly a storm.

She didn’t know how strong the storm was going to be.

The blizzard was blinding, with the light of day fading beyond the clouds. Despite how many layers she covered herself in, the cold was still piercing through her scales, her wings already starting to have a small sheet of frost on her feathers.

The package was still held tightly in her talons. No way I’d be able to turn back now. I have to keep moving forward. It’s the only way I’ll survive. It’s the only way I’ll prove I have what it takes to be a messenger.

She thought of her parents who both were the same color of snow. Both were confused why she turned away the life of a highly respected dragon for that of a commoner. They’ll never know though. I bought a spell to cover my true skin. I left home without a note saying goodbye. This is me, this is the life I want to live, away from them.

Let’s hope I have enough strength to make it through-

Her thoughts were cut up when she spotted a mountain ledge jutting in her sight. Pain pulsed through her whole body as she fell, hitting other ledges, finally collapsing onto a pile of snow.

The darkness of the sky was everywhere. She attempted to get up, but her head throbbed with pain, and she quickly sank back into the snow. Her wings were growing numb, and her vision faded into a dark grey. The howling of the wings was all she heard before everything went away.

Warmth.

That was the feeling she woke up with, a small crackle of fire echoing in her ears. She felt like she wasn’t lying down on snow, but a blanket.

She opened her eyes slowly and was greeted by the sight of a white Skydancer, who was carefully wrapping bandages on her wings. The Skydancer made eye contact with her.

“W… where am I?”

“You’re resting in a cave. You’re fortunate that we even found your body at all, the blizzard’s very loud.”

“We?”

The Skydancer gestured her head toward the other side. Two dragons were seen. A red guardian with green eyes was chewing on a cooked piece of meat, and was talking in a low voice. Beside her was a small green Imperial, who had a solemn look on his face. He placed a few pieces of wood onto the fire as he held onto a bowl filled with greenery. Both stopped talking as they looked at her.

“She’s awake,” the Skydancer confirmed. “We’ll have to wait out the storm till we can find the nearest lair tomorrow.”

The Imperial gave a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness, you looked like you were a few steps away from death.”

“Were it not for Vicino here, we may have all been done for,” the Guardian agreed. It was then that she saw all the dragons had some bandages and wounds.

“You’re... Warriors?”

The Skydancer named Vicino nodded. “Of the Gladekeeper’s service. We came here to train, but it seems that we all were caught in the same storm.”

She nodded quietly before her eyes turned to slits. She glanced down at her talons, which were empty.

“My package. W-Where’s my package?”

“Calm down,” Vicino assured her. “Ruby found a package nearby, she placed it near our supplies. It only has a small tear, but it’s otherwise fine.”

She gave out a shuddered sigh, her paws suddenly tingling with pain. She gave a small wince.

“Hold up,” Vicino spoke. The Skydancer held onto her hand, before placing her own. A small faint glow came from her palm, easing away the pain.

There was some silence in the cavern. A distant sound of wind was heard.

“Are you sure nothing’s in here?” She asked.

Vicino nodded. “Sagebreeze and Ruby made sure the cavern was empty before we made camp here. We’ll be safe for the night, and you’ll be able to get some rest.”

“But what about you?”

“I’ll be fine, I’m used to making sure others sleep before I do. I’ve been a healer all my life, and while I know my rest is important too, old habits die hard. Don’t worry, I don’t think I’ll have to wait too long for that to happen.”

Both Ruby and Sagebreeze appeared to have finished their meals and were drifting off to sleep. Vicino came over and made sure both had cloaks over their backs while they slept.

She thought about what Vicino said as the Skydancer gave her a warm cloth to sleep under, and a warm meal of rabbit. I know all of my life I’ve been trying my best to prove myself that I’m not who my parents wanted me to be. But by doing that, I’ve just been pushing myself to enter dangerous situations.

I could’ve died tonight. And for what? My parents aren’t in my life anymore, I don’t need to do anymore of these stunts.

So what do I do?

She remembered a time where she wanted to be a warrior herself as a hatchling, before she thought seeing the world as a courier was more interesting.

Maybe I could still be a warrior, and a messenger.

It wouldn’t be an easy switch. She’d first had to make her delivery, and then make an agreement with her instructor. And of course these dragons lived in a clan, and the decision was ultimately up to their leader.

But then again I thought I wasn’t going to be able to run away from my parents. If I did that, then maybe there’s a chance I can do this too.

Vicino laid on a warm comforter besides her. “Could you tell me what’s your name? I want to make sure you don’t have any amnesia.”

“Oh, it’s Koyuki.” She yawned out, lying down and closing her eyes.

“Koyuki, that’s a very lovely name.”
Skin: Frigid Gale
Frigid Emblem Winter Wind Umbral Leather Skullcap Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Bags Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Coat Tanned Rogue Mask Black Wooly Tail Standard of the Icewarden Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Tail Cozy Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Pants Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Gloves Sunsetspeaker's Arctic Boots Well-to-do Sable Spats Well-to-do Sable Gloves
Koyuki
Giveaway
@luckybarbarian I love the name you gave her, as well as the lore. [item=Standard of the Icewarden][item=Glacierguard Platemail][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Bags][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Coat][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Pants][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Boots][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Gloves][item=Dustrunner's Arctic Tail Cozy][item=Skin: Frosty Fluff][item=Accent: Phantom Scientist][item=Eternal Snow]x64
@luckybarbarian
I love the name you gave her, as well as the lore.
Standard of the Icewarden Glacierguard Platemail Dustrunner's Arctic Bags Dustrunner's Arctic Coat Dustrunner's Arctic Pants Dustrunner's Arctic Boots Dustrunner's Arctic Gloves Dustrunner's Arctic Tail Cozy Skin: Frosty Fluff Accent: Phantom Scientist Eternal Snow x64
Giveaway
1 2 3 4 5