Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How have you been affected by covid19?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I hope your parents get better, OP.

I don't really know anyone who has had Covid but I'm worried for my parents. They have to work and cases are starting to go up again. If my parents get it unknowingly, chances are my grandparents will, too.
I hope your parents get better, OP.

I don't really know anyone who has had Covid but I'm worried for my parents. They have to work and cases are starting to go up again. If my parents get it unknowingly, chances are my grandparents will, too.
School classes are twice as long and since our school only has barely 500 people total, it's not too hard to keep everyone at a safe distance. My family is really lucky since there are a lot of us living in one house so woo. Hope your parents get better!
School classes are twice as long and since our school only has barely 500 people total, it's not too hard to keep everyone at a safe distance. My family is really lucky since there are a lot of us living in one house so woo. Hope your parents get better!
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
OP I seriously hope that your parents will feel better sometime, that's extremely sad to hear. I wish the best of luck to you and your family.

For me some doctor appointments have been delayed since I'm at risk for getting covid due to some things I have. I've been on a medical withdrawal for a bit and I can't go back to college yet because the college I go to has mostly only in person classes though I want to in the future. My parents, my brother, and I wear masks when going outside in other neighborhoods. I've also been using Zoom for some doctors appointments instead of going to them in person.

Due to covid my family had around a week-long beach vacation trip canceled in the summer that we didn't get to go to which made us all a bit sadder than normal even my parents who aren't depressed. I only walked around the neighborhood I live in on my birthday instead of getting to go to a restaurant; I haven't been to any restaurants in months, and as soon as covid finishes I'll want to go to them again because I miss eating out food. I've also had bad unforgettable nightmares about covid turning far, far worse and losing my family members due to it so I'm just glad to be awake.

Things it has ended up positively affecting me are that I've taken up drawing again due to having so much extra time on my hands. I've been doing pencil sketches of animals and my family likes them quite a bit. I've also been watching more Netflix than I would if covid didn't happen and I've found several new shows I really like so the amount of time I would normally spend reading has gone done some.

OP I seriously hope that your parents will feel better sometime, that's extremely sad to hear. I wish the best of luck to you and your family.

For me some doctor appointments have been delayed since I'm at risk for getting covid due to some things I have. I've been on a medical withdrawal for a bit and I can't go back to college yet because the college I go to has mostly only in person classes though I want to in the future. My parents, my brother, and I wear masks when going outside in other neighborhoods. I've also been using Zoom for some doctors appointments instead of going to them in person.

Due to covid my family had around a week-long beach vacation trip canceled in the summer that we didn't get to go to which made us all a bit sadder than normal even my parents who aren't depressed. I only walked around the neighborhood I live in on my birthday instead of getting to go to a restaurant; I haven't been to any restaurants in months, and as soon as covid finishes I'll want to go to them again because I miss eating out food. I've also had bad unforgettable nightmares about covid turning far, far worse and losing my family members due to it so I'm just glad to be awake.

Things it has ended up positively affecting me are that I've taken up drawing again due to having so much extra time on my hands. I've been doing pencil sketches of animals and my family likes them quite a bit. I've also been watching more Netflix than I would if covid didn't happen and I've found several new shows I really like so the amount of time I would normally spend reading has gone done some.

gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I am at home rn, waiting for test results
I am 95% sure I only have a normal cold but I decided to go to the doc instead of work to make sure, better safe than sorry (got high risk co workers and a pregnant one too, I'd feel bad forever if I gave them corona)

Other than that it barely affected me personally, I work as usual
Of course I didn't go to the cinema etc all year but I have never been one to go out a lot and I don't miss it that much, except maybe going swimming with my friend...

Also my family's fave restaurant might go bankrupt which is really sad, we often talk to the owner when we're there, she's so nice and built that place herself only a couple of years ago after working hard for the funds, somehow that really saddens me
I am at home rn, waiting for test results
I am 95% sure I only have a normal cold but I decided to go to the doc instead of work to make sure, better safe than sorry (got high risk co workers and a pregnant one too, I'd feel bad forever if I gave them corona)

Other than that it barely affected me personally, I work as usual
Of course I didn't go to the cinema etc all year but I have never been one to go out a lot and I don't miss it that much, except maybe going swimming with my friend...

Also my family's fave restaurant might go bankrupt which is really sad, we often talk to the owner when we're there, she's so nice and built that place herself only a couple of years ago after working hard for the funds, somehow that really saddens me
qR6otwA.png
Since a lot of people are giving well wishes
for my parents, I feel the need to update.
My mom's case was very mild and she is
pretty much over it.

My dad however...it is looking very grim.
They had to put him on life support last
night and today they let family come see
him (just through the glass on the door)
because his heart is starting to give out.
Since a lot of people are giving well wishes
for my parents, I feel the need to update.
My mom's case was very mild and she is
pretty much over it.

My dad however...it is looking very grim.
They had to put him on life support last
night and today they let family come see
him (just through the glass on the door)
because his heart is starting to give out.
W6qYWQp.png part time adult
fulltime cat connoisseur

they/them

you can try to be my friend if you'd
like. i'm not mean, just socially awkward

TyRiADx.gif TyRiADx.gif TyRiADx.gif TyRiADx.gif TyRiADx.gifTyRiADx.gifTyRiADx.gif

•• *opens coat* want some free familiars?
•• flash giveaway (current: natm)
•• trade thread (lf blotched quetzeel)
I really hope your parents will get better sooner, I don't know what I'd do in that situation /:

I lost my job temporarily, but at least that's back to normal. I'm also a college student, and now I have to deal with fully online courses which has proved to be a pain. Professors have bad connection or horrible mics, and some don't even offer help outside of class. Since foreign students returned to their country, it makes it a lot harder to work in groups, especially with code (I'm a CS major)
I really hope your parents will get better sooner, I don't know what I'd do in that situation /:

I lost my job temporarily, but at least that's back to normal. I'm also a college student, and now I have to deal with fully online courses which has proved to be a pain. Professors have bad connection or horrible mics, and some don't even offer help outside of class. Since foreign students returned to their country, it makes it a lot harder to work in groups, especially with code (I'm a CS major)
sfgdgdf_by_jebiblue-dcx2jm8.gif
That’s very unfortunate, OP. I hope your dad makes a recovery soon.

To my knowledge, none of my family members have had it yet in or out of my household. However, there is a family near us that we know fairly well that has recovered from it. The husband had it a lot more severely than the wife, so I’m glad that they recovered, though I think the husband is still experiencing post-infection symptoms months later.

I have some moderate- to high-risk family members in my household and I might be as well, so I have to be very careful to not bring it home from work. Heaven forbid that happens, many of the customers and a lot of my co-workers are NOT good about proper mask wearing and social distancing...
That’s very unfortunate, OP. I hope your dad makes a recovery soon.

To my knowledge, none of my family members have had it yet in or out of my household. However, there is a family near us that we know fairly well that has recovered from it. The husband had it a lot more severely than the wife, so I’m glad that they recovered, though I think the husband is still experiencing post-infection symptoms months later.

I have some moderate- to high-risk family members in my household and I might be as well, so I have to be very careful to not bring it home from work. Heaven forbid that happens, many of the customers and a lot of my co-workers are NOT good about proper mask wearing and social distancing...
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
my dad has been off work for a month

he hasn't been SICK that long, or even capable of infecting others, but he's still technically shedding viral cells that the test his work uses is picking up as a positive for being infected, and thus, no work for him

which really, really sucks, since we ESPECIALLY need more money right now;;;
got a cat who needs a 1400k surgery, my laptop is on its last legs and thus i need a new one (also i can't work so i have no income myself DX ), rent is due soon, and, y'know, crimmus is coming up. so that sucks.

everything sucks.
my dad has been off work for a month

he hasn't been SICK that long, or even capable of infecting others, but he's still technically shedding viral cells that the test his work uses is picking up as a positive for being infected, and thus, no work for him

which really, really sucks, since we ESPECIALLY need more money right now;;;
got a cat who needs a 1400k surgery, my laptop is on its last legs and thus i need a new one (also i can't work so i have no income myself DX ), rent is due soon, and, y'know, crimmus is coming up. so that sucks.

everything sucks.
I got it like, a few months back and I've never been that sick in my life. I hear people say kids are supposed to pass it just fine, but I genuinely thought I was going to die/wanted to die because I was in so much pain. I lost 20lbs, it was before it was really wide-spread here so they kept taking my blood thinking I had something else. All I did was lay on the couch with my head hanging over a trash can for throwing up. I couldn't move for two weeks.
But I'm well over that, it doesn't affect me anymore, although I'm kind of scared of the lasting effects... As for my family, my brother and I do online school(which I kind of like, I'm graduating early and can speed through everything online now), but my grandma works at the VA where they have a wing(which btw have a lootttttt of rooms, the VA here is gigantic) dedicated to quarantining COVID patients and they have so many they're pretty much overflowing and stopped accepting new people with COVID. I'm just worried about my grandma now, my brother and I have been almost exclusively inside for like, three months, but my grandma is 67, smokes, and is around a bunch of COVID patients every day. So while it's not directly affecting us right now, we can really see how terrifying it is right in front of us. I hope your dad gets better
I got it like, a few months back and I've never been that sick in my life. I hear people say kids are supposed to pass it just fine, but I genuinely thought I was going to die/wanted to die because I was in so much pain. I lost 20lbs, it was before it was really wide-spread here so they kept taking my blood thinking I had something else. All I did was lay on the couch with my head hanging over a trash can for throwing up. I couldn't move for two weeks.
But I'm well over that, it doesn't affect me anymore, although I'm kind of scared of the lasting effects... As for my family, my brother and I do online school(which I kind of like, I'm graduating early and can speed through everything online now), but my grandma works at the VA where they have a wing(which btw have a lootttttt of rooms, the VA here is gigantic) dedicated to quarantining COVID patients and they have so many they're pretty much overflowing and stopped accepting new people with COVID. I'm just worried about my grandma now, my brother and I have been almost exclusively inside for like, three months, but my grandma is 67, smokes, and is around a bunch of COVID patients every day. So while it's not directly affecting us right now, we can really see how terrifying it is right in front of us. I hope your dad gets better
c0svj5p.pngMH6EKBQ.pngVDnSOpl.pngIrk0Pjq.png3c2ff40a1261e2d3446da9d5f686292f1a81828e.png
Nothing really changed.... Nobody in my family has gotten it and we've all still been going to work in my household cause we all can't work from home
Nothing really changed.... Nobody in my family has gotten it and we've all still been going to work in my household cause we all can't work from home
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6