Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How have you been affected by covid19?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Amura" date="2020-10-25 16:09:59" ] Nobody I know has it, or has had it. Everything else though? Is totally normal. Just have to wear a mask everywhere I go. [/quote] I haven't gotten it ( for now) I can still do things normally. I've been homeschooled all my life so nothing is really different. Some individual stores or small chains have had to close down though. The MAIN thing that was really sad is that I usually go on a vacation or a comic-con each year but... Not this time :( I even had tickets to Star Wars Celebration which I was really looking forward to, but of course that had to be canceled too. I also wonder how the holidays will be?? There are [i]always[/i] Christmas parties at my cousins' house, but their grandma lives there who smokes. I don't know if there will be any kind of get-togethers this year.
Amura wrote on 2020-10-25 16:09:59:
Nobody I know has it, or has had it.

Everything else though? Is totally normal. Just have to wear a mask everywhere I go.
I haven't gotten it ( for now) I can still do things normally. I've been homeschooled all my life so nothing is really different. Some individual stores or small chains have had to close down though. The MAIN thing that was really sad is that I usually go on a vacation or a comic-con each year but... Not this time :( I even had tickets to Star Wars Celebration which I was really looking forward to, but of course that had to be canceled too.

I also wonder how the holidays will be?? There are always Christmas parties at my cousins' house, but their grandma lives there who smokes. I don't know if there will be any kind of get-togethers this year.
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, I hope everything turns out alright!

My school let out earlier in the year due to covid, and since it was my graduating year, our ceremony got cancelled, so I'll never be able to experience what a normal graduation is like. I think another thing that covid has really hit me with is just a bunch of anxiety. It's been a bad year mentally.

I'm so so so thankful that none of my family or friends have had it. I can't be thankful enough. My mom makes a big stink about the whole mask thing, but I keep reminding her that it's for her own good. Some of my coworkers are kinda bad about it though :/ like come on, please.

I feel awful for all the people who had convention-going planned, or other social events. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones due to everything that's been going on :( This year has spared no one, and it's been very rough. I wish everyone the best.
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, I hope everything turns out alright!

My school let out earlier in the year due to covid, and since it was my graduating year, our ceremony got cancelled, so I'll never be able to experience what a normal graduation is like. I think another thing that covid has really hit me with is just a bunch of anxiety. It's been a bad year mentally.

I'm so so so thankful that none of my family or friends have had it. I can't be thankful enough. My mom makes a big stink about the whole mask thing, but I keep reminding her that it's for her own good. Some of my coworkers are kinda bad about it though :/ like come on, please.

I feel awful for all the people who had convention-going planned, or other social events. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones due to everything that's been going on :( This year has spared no one, and it's been very rough. I wish everyone the best.
FTuaU7Y.png
hope it all works out for your parents, so stressful :-( i wasn't able to continue my job because it's high risk work and household members are vulnerable. it's been a nightmare financially but i guess kinda nice to have a break!! we live relatively remotely and usually visit a lot of different friends who are a couple hours away during the part of the year when it's not too icy for our car to make it out. has been a disaster in many ways but i do appreciate the rest. everyone is in such a sweet and sad mood.. lots of weird nice tender moments with strangers lately lol
hope it all works out for your parents, so stressful :-( i wasn't able to continue my job because it's high risk work and household members are vulnerable. it's been a nightmare financially but i guess kinda nice to have a break!! we live relatively remotely and usually visit a lot of different friends who are a couple hours away during the part of the year when it's not too icy for our car to make it out. has been a disaster in many ways but i do appreciate the rest. everyone is in such a sweet and sad mood.. lots of weird nice tender moments with strangers lately lol
My biggest hurdle is not seeing my friend's daughter every day like before the virus hit. She may not be MY kid, but I've helped raise her and we're very close. But because we both have crappy immune systems, we're also the only company each other is allowed to have since we're both kept protected. We talk on the phone every day (multiple times through the day), but it just isn't quite the same as her being here every day.

On the plus side, I've been able to keep her overnight more than usual (before the virus, it was usually just once or twice a month). I help with her school work, sometimes we make cookies or cupcakes or something, we play, and we make a big deal about watching movies together (big batch of popcorn in our matching bowls, get our matching drink cups, and we push back the coffee table, spread out pillows and blankets and make a nice viewing area to relax, and depending on the movie we might wear capes or bits of costumes just because).

She may not be my kid, but I couldn't love her more if she were. So all the other stuff I can handle pretty well, but I miss her being here so often.

My biggest hurdle is not seeing my friend's daughter every day like before the virus hit. She may not be MY kid, but I've helped raise her and we're very close. But because we both have crappy immune systems, we're also the only company each other is allowed to have since we're both kept protected. We talk on the phone every day (multiple times through the day), but it just isn't quite the same as her being here every day.

On the plus side, I've been able to keep her overnight more than usual (before the virus, it was usually just once or twice a month). I help with her school work, sometimes we make cookies or cupcakes or something, we play, and we make a big deal about watching movies together (big batch of popcorn in our matching bowls, get our matching drink cups, and we push back the coffee table, spread out pillows and blankets and make a nice viewing area to relax, and depending on the movie we might wear capes or bits of costumes just because).

She may not be my kid, but I couldn't love her more if she were. So all the other stuff I can handle pretty well, but I miss her being here so often.

Formerly known as Brenning.
Thankfully, none of my relatives or friends have caught covid.

However, I lost one of my jobs to covid. This job was my best paying one, so I've lost lot of my income. It was inevitable that I would lose this job, since it was highly tourist dependent- without any tourists, the business wouldn't be able to function or hold onto most of its employees. Still bummed about that, as it was a relatively new job I'd just settled into and was really enjoying it. :(
Thankfully, none of my relatives or friends have caught covid.

However, I lost one of my jobs to covid. This job was my best paying one, so I've lost lot of my income. It was inevitable that I would lose this job, since it was highly tourist dependent- without any tourists, the business wouldn't be able to function or hold onto most of its employees. Still bummed about that, as it was a relatively new job I'd just settled into and was really enjoying it. :(

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
a speedy recovery to your parents, and much love to everyone else here.

i'm an ER registration clerk in a tiny hospital in NYC. we don't have inpatient beds, so we have to transfer all our admits to the larger hospitals. i don't think i'll ever forget coming across my first case, as it was a pretty harrowing experience. there were shifts of mine where every single patient we had was positive. there were so many people getting shipped out on vents, and you'd just hope they would be okay, since that'd really be all you could do. i won't get too into it, i know it's not great to hear, but i'm glad we've at least got SOME stuff that's helpful now.

i guess the one good thing that came out of this is the fact that the employee helpline put me in touch with the best psych i've ever had, but i do wish i could've met him on better terms.
a speedy recovery to your parents, and much love to everyone else here.

i'm an ER registration clerk in a tiny hospital in NYC. we don't have inpatient beds, so we have to transfer all our admits to the larger hospitals. i don't think i'll ever forget coming across my first case, as it was a pretty harrowing experience. there were shifts of mine where every single patient we had was positive. there were so many people getting shipped out on vents, and you'd just hope they would be okay, since that'd really be all you could do. i won't get too into it, i know it's not great to hear, but i'm glad we've at least got SOME stuff that's helpful now.

i guess the one good thing that came out of this is the fact that the employee helpline put me in touch with the best psych i've ever had, but i do wish i could've met him on better terms.
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
People stay far away from me I like this as I have a fear of strangers
Pretty lucky so far since I try to be a hermit normally
My grades are actually good for once since I'm not having anxiety episodes as much as I'm not having as much in person classes surrounded by people
People in general are less touchy so that's good
I'm sorry if this post comes off as insensitive since I'm not saying a lot of negative things
I really do hope your parents get better soon
People stay far away from me I like this as I have a fear of strangers
Pretty lucky so far since I try to be a hermit normally
My grades are actually good for once since I'm not having anxiety episodes as much as I'm not having as much in person classes surrounded by people
People in general are less touchy so that's good
I'm sorry if this post comes off as insensitive since I'm not saying a lot of negative things
I really do hope your parents get better soon
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
My best friend had it and I was ready to drop everything and go to her house 45min away cause she has asthma and I was just worried. She got a mild case so she's fine now and is back to walking 3-4 miles with me every other week or so.

A lot of the firemen at the department I worked at are out with it, same with pretty much the whole county. A nearby department lost a deputy chief to it and that was really rough on everyone.

I haven't personally had it yet, nor has any of my family members (to my knowledge). I'm trying to stay safe about it, I wear my mask and wash my hands obsessively cause I touch my face a lot out of habit. But yeah. It's a thing that's happening and it sucks trying to get a job as an EMT during a pandemic.
My best friend had it and I was ready to drop everything and go to her house 45min away cause she has asthma and I was just worried. She got a mild case so she's fine now and is back to walking 3-4 miles with me every other week or so.

A lot of the firemen at the department I worked at are out with it, same with pretty much the whole county. A nearby department lost a deputy chief to it and that was really rough on everyone.

I haven't personally had it yet, nor has any of my family members (to my knowledge). I'm trying to stay safe about it, I wear my mask and wash my hands obsessively cause I touch my face a lot out of habit. But yeah. It's a thing that's happening and it sucks trying to get a job as an EMT during a pandemic.
+3 Hours
He/Him/They/Them/It/Its
Always tired, so I apologize if I take forever to respond
That I know of, no one I know nor I has gotten it, thankfully, but my hopes dwindle. My mother and I both work with the public and my boyfriend does construction and is a public servant. I worry about him day-in and day-out.

My mother is a cashier. She's in direct contact with strangers every day. The store she works for doesn't care too much about our state's mask and social distancing orders, either. The staff ignores people not wearing masks and has a few who only wear face shields, no masks.

I work in a small local shop. I get people who don't want to wear masks in sometimes, and some of them have told me my manager doesn't care if they don't wear masks.

I'm currently looking for another job, but it's hard because hiring season here is long over, because the tourism season ended. My boyfriend and I want to move into a new (read: better) house, but my job is only on the weekends and the manager won't give me more hours, so I don't make nearly enough money to help with bills.
That I know of, no one I know nor I has gotten it, thankfully, but my hopes dwindle. My mother and I both work with the public and my boyfriend does construction and is a public servant. I worry about him day-in and day-out.

My mother is a cashier. She's in direct contact with strangers every day. The store she works for doesn't care too much about our state's mask and social distancing orders, either. The staff ignores people not wearing masks and has a few who only wear face shields, no masks.

I work in a small local shop. I get people who don't want to wear masks in sometimes, and some of them have told me my manager doesn't care if they don't wear masks.

I'm currently looking for another job, but it's hard because hiring season here is long over, because the tourism season ended. My boyfriend and I want to move into a new (read: better) house, but my job is only on the weekends and the manager won't give me more hours, so I don't make nearly enough money to help with bills.
Can't you hear the bells singing along?
You all hear it on the radio
Can't you see the hero coming home?
Can't you hear the bells
677.png967.png23821.png
My mom and brother got it early on but were luckily asymptomatic. My mom and I lost our jobs so funds have been tight. I'm in uni and all of my classes are online which would be nice but I'm a studio art/ teaching major so I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. My teaching classes were mostly cancelled so my graduation has been delayed for a semester.
The worst part is that the quarentine caused me to spiral into a depressive episode which caused me to be diagnosed as bipolar. Since I've been stuck inside and on antipsychotics I've gained around 100lbs since January which is... schocking to say the least.
tl;dr:
Covid has wreaked havoc on every aspect of my life
My mom and brother got it early on but were luckily asymptomatic. My mom and I lost our jobs so funds have been tight. I'm in uni and all of my classes are online which would be nice but I'm a studio art/ teaching major so I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. My teaching classes were mostly cancelled so my graduation has been delayed for a semester.
The worst part is that the quarentine caused me to spiral into a depressive episode which caused me to be diagnosed as bipolar. Since I've been stuck inside and on antipsychotics I've gained around 100lbs since January which is... schocking to say the least.
tl;dr:
Covid has wreaked havoc on every aspect of my life
50757045361_69e1bd6251_m.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6