Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 ... 3169 3170
I'm new to the auction forums and I keep seeing people saying LDP and SB. What do those stand for?
I'm new to the auction forums and I keep seeing people saying LDP and SB. What do those stand for?
fqn8lLh.png
@giantcardinal
LDP is last day ping, SB is starting bid. i used this guide to find those :)
@giantcardinal
LDP is last day ping, SB is starting bid. i used this guide to find those :)
Bvx01xY.png
[ it/its or xe/xem ] [ VOLT teams banner by drytil ]
@mindfuzz
That makes sense. Tysm for the guide :)
@mindfuzz
That makes sense. Tysm for the guide :)
fqn8lLh.png
Hello! I'm very new to Flight Rising and was wondering if someone could explain what familiars are? I know pairing them with a dragon allows you bond; is that all they do? I've bonded with the ones in Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, and some of them look like animals--like birds--while one on them is a... clock? I'm just not sure what exactly they're supposed to be? Thanks for helping a newbie out!
Hello! I'm very new to Flight Rising and was wondering if someone could explain what familiars are? I know pairing them with a dragon allows you bond; is that all they do? I've bonded with the ones in Fiona's Fantastic Familiars, and some of them look like animals--like birds--while one on them is a... clock? I'm just not sure what exactly they're supposed to be? Thanks for helping a newbie out!
@KvethaShurtugal

Welcome to Flight Rising! I'll send you a little starting gift.

Familiars are unique companions that you can give to your dragons. By bonding with them once a day, they'll give you a small amount of Treasure every day, and when the progress bar is full, they'll reward you with a treasure chest! The chests get better as they level up, so it's definitely worth it to keep bonding with them.

Aesthetically, there's a lot of variety, but a clock familiar isn't functionally different from a bird familiar. They'll bond and level up just the same, but players like to pair their dragons with matching familiars.
@KvethaShurtugal

Welcome to Flight Rising! I'll send you a little starting gift.

Familiars are unique companions that you can give to your dragons. By bonding with them once a day, they'll give you a small amount of Treasure every day, and when the progress bar is full, they'll reward you with a treasure chest! The chests get better as they level up, so it's definitely worth it to keep bonding with them.

Aesthetically, there's a lot of variety, but a clock familiar isn't functionally different from a bird familiar. They'll bond and level up just the same, but players like to pair their dragons with matching familiars.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@KvethaShurtugal
first off, welcome to fr!
alright, so! familiars are mostly aesthetic. they exist to be companions with your dragons, essentially. there are about 800-900 of them ingame currently, but more are added often. you can get them from pretty much everywhere; gathering, coliseum, baldwin's, swipp's, fiona's, probably more i'm forgetting.
you can bond with any familiar you own once per day. duplicates don't count; if you have 2 ruby webwings in your hoard, you can only pair one of them with a dragon. when you bond with your familiars, you get a small treasure reward. there are 7 levels of bonding: wary, tolerant, relaxed, inquisitive, companion, loyal, and finally awakened. it takes about 90 days of bonding to awaken a familiar. increasing the bond level increases the treasure reward you get every day, and you do get a chest when you raise the level. bonding with an awakened familiar gets you 50 treasure; it might not seem like much, but it adds up!
fiona's exists, essentially, as a way to let players awaken familiars they can't obtain (many familiars are retired, meaning you can't get them anymore unless you trade with other players). every day at rollover (midnight PST), the selection of familiars is randomized. with some familiars, fiona will give you a reward for levelling them up. some familiars have recolors you can get when you awaken them.
hope that answers your questions!
@KvethaShurtugal
first off, welcome to fr!
alright, so! familiars are mostly aesthetic. they exist to be companions with your dragons, essentially. there are about 800-900 of them ingame currently, but more are added often. you can get them from pretty much everywhere; gathering, coliseum, baldwin's, swipp's, fiona's, probably more i'm forgetting.
you can bond with any familiar you own once per day. duplicates don't count; if you have 2 ruby webwings in your hoard, you can only pair one of them with a dragon. when you bond with your familiars, you get a small treasure reward. there are 7 levels of bonding: wary, tolerant, relaxed, inquisitive, companion, loyal, and finally awakened. it takes about 90 days of bonding to awaken a familiar. increasing the bond level increases the treasure reward you get every day, and you do get a chest when you raise the level. bonding with an awakened familiar gets you 50 treasure; it might not seem like much, but it adds up!
fiona's exists, essentially, as a way to let players awaken familiars they can't obtain (many familiars are retired, meaning you can't get them anymore unless you trade with other players). every day at rollover (midnight PST), the selection of familiars is randomized. with some familiars, fiona will give you a reward for levelling them up. some familiars have recolors you can get when you awaken them.
hope that answers your questions!
Bvx01xY.png
@NightmareJudge @mindfuzz
Thank you guys so much! Would it be okay if I send you both a friend request?
@NightmareJudge @mindfuzz
Thank you guys so much! Would it be okay if I send you both a friend request?
So, I know this isn't super important, but...
Why does everyone hate bred g1s? I'm a breeding lair and don't understand why people don't like to breed g1 dragons. People say 'oh, that g1 is bred, not gonna adopt it' a lot. I like seeing my dragons have really long offspring lists because it's pleasant for some reason to see a dragon who has that many kids. I don't know why. However, I can't seem to find any dragons who don't have at most 1 kid or something like that. It gets annoying when trying to find bred dragons. And the g1 dragons I just count as normal dragons, a little bonus because they have a bit more rarity than other dragons, and a little challenge to gene.
There would be no g2s, no opportunities for people who want g1 imps to have one with similar rarity (g2 imps), there would just be g1s and normal dragons that would have to be bred from dragons someone bred a long time ago so it would be a bit harder to get dragons, even, since there would be no g1 breeding, if no one bred g1s.

(I actually had a 100 hatchlings challenge for a g1, but didn't have enough lair space or patience to do it fully -_- )

(yeah, I rambled on a lot there, but the question's just why everyone hates bred g1s :3)
So, I know this isn't super important, but...
Why does everyone hate bred g1s? I'm a breeding lair and don't understand why people don't like to breed g1 dragons. People say 'oh, that g1 is bred, not gonna adopt it' a lot. I like seeing my dragons have really long offspring lists because it's pleasant for some reason to see a dragon who has that many kids. I don't know why. However, I can't seem to find any dragons who don't have at most 1 kid or something like that. It gets annoying when trying to find bred dragons. And the g1 dragons I just count as normal dragons, a little bonus because they have a bit more rarity than other dragons, and a little challenge to gene.
There would be no g2s, no opportunities for people who want g1 imps to have one with similar rarity (g2 imps), there would just be g1s and normal dragons that would have to be bred from dragons someone bred a long time ago so it would be a bit harder to get dragons, even, since there would be no g1 breeding, if no one bred g1s.

(I actually had a 100 hatchlings challenge for a g1, but didn't have enough lair space or patience to do it fully -_- )

(yeah, I rambled on a lot there, but the question's just why everyone hates bred g1s :3)
@SoaringFlame
it's just an aesthetic thing, really. people like seeing the "none" in both the parent and offspring lists
@SoaringFlame
it's just an aesthetic thing, really. people like seeing the "none" in both the parent and offspring lists
Bvx01xY.png
@mindfuzz
Oh okay.
I don't like it it makes me want to find the dragon a new family.
@mindfuzz
Oh okay.
I don't like it it makes me want to find the dragon a new family.
1 2 ... 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 ... 3169 3170