Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | BASICally, I Have a Problem
1 2 3 4 5
Interesting thoughts. I'm actually glad to see that so many people like basics, and that so many of you are oldies too. Idk why that makes a difference, but I know when I first joined, any dragon was lovely. It's good to see people who have been here longer than I have who are of the opinion that more ain't always better.

@Velocidade I'd be pretty peeved if any of my dragon's gened randomly mutated, lol. Especially ones that I've bought gem scrolls for. But it would be cool if progens got genes. I also wish there was a gene scatterscroll, that would function like the tri-color and just mix a dergs genes all up.

I also TOTALLY wish found-egg dragons came with genes. It would throw their value through the roof, and make hatching them so much more appealing. I think that might be part of what makes basic seem 'incomplete'. We all sorta associate it with starter dragons.

@Rianna Oooh, I disagree. Terts are my faves, and Crackle and Circuit are the top. I love how they just light a dragon up. I usually plan my projects around the terts I want.
Interesting thoughts. I'm actually glad to see that so many people like basics, and that so many of you are oldies too. Idk why that makes a difference, but I know when I first joined, any dragon was lovely. It's good to see people who have been here longer than I have who are of the opinion that more ain't always better.

@Velocidade I'd be pretty peeved if any of my dragon's gened randomly mutated, lol. Especially ones that I've bought gem scrolls for. But it would be cool if progens got genes. I also wish there was a gene scatterscroll, that would function like the tri-color and just mix a dergs genes all up.

I also TOTALLY wish found-egg dragons came with genes. It would throw their value through the roof, and make hatching them so much more appealing. I think that might be part of what makes basic seem 'incomplete'. We all sorta associate it with starter dragons.

@Rianna Oooh, I disagree. Terts are my faves, and Crackle and Circuit are the top. I love how they just light a dragon up. I usually plan my projects around the terts I want.
hYK4ogH.gif
I'm having this issue with my tundra. I just think they all look better all basic (or maybe with clown). But I also want him to have flamebebes, and I can't have basic flamebebes or no one would be able to tell. :P

I still haven't seen a tert that looks good on them, but hey, it's what people want.
I'm having this issue with my tundra. I just think they all look better all basic (or maybe with clown). But I also want him to have flamebebes, and I can't have basic flamebebes or no one would be able to tell. :P

I still haven't seen a tert that looks good on them, but hey, it's what people want.
479.png"I don't want to set the world on fire~"
@Kitari My poorly-communicated thoughts were that hatchlings would have a low chance of "mutating" a rarer gene than their parents had, and perhaps to up the difficulty level (and **** off many players, I'm sure) occasionally the rarest gene combos would produce a basic-genes baby. Not the dragons that are already grown up! :)

I think it would really speed up the learning curve if progens had a decent chance of starting with at least one gene each. Then we wouldn't associate "basic" with "beginner". It would also be the simplest change, and the least likely to cause conflict.
@Kitari My poorly-communicated thoughts were that hatchlings would have a low chance of "mutating" a rarer gene than their parents had, and perhaps to up the difficulty level (and **** off many players, I'm sure) occasionally the rarest gene combos would produce a basic-genes baby. Not the dragons that are already grown up! :)

I think it would really speed up the learning curve if progens had a decent chance of starting with at least one gene each. Then we wouldn't associate "basic" with "beginner". It would also be the simplest change, and the least likely to cause conflict.
@Velocidade Ahhhhhhh. I see now. That would be a cool surprise! Or an not so cool surprise, if it went the other way XD

I agree with the giving progens a gene. That would give newbies a nice boost, and help them to feel a little prouder of their progens too. It always makes me a bit sad to hear that people exalted their progens to make room for more expensive gened types.
@Velocidade Ahhhhhhh. I see now. That would be a cool surprise! Or an not so cool surprise, if it went the other way XD

I agree with the giving progens a gene. That would give newbies a nice boost, and help them to feel a little prouder of their progens too. It always makes me a bit sad to hear that people exalted their progens to make room for more expensive gened types.
hYK4ogH.gif
@Kitari Hahah yep I'm having a hard time convincing myself to gene up a pair of my dragons, because I just love the basic colors and how they clash as they are. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=308025] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3081/308025_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3690470] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36905/3690470_350.png[/img] [/url] So in love with that color combo, and their terts are perfect, but ahhh I don't feel like any of the current gene options enhance those colors at all!!
@Kitari Hahah yep I'm having a hard time convincing myself to gene up a pair of my dragons, because I just love the basic colors and how they clash as they are.

308025_350.png

3690470_350.png

So in love with that color combo, and their terts are perfect, but ahhh I don't feel like any of the current gene options enhance those colors at all!!
@Kitari Yes! Exactly! And we have our evidence, too- there's a "I regret exalting my progens!" thread first-page-ing under discussions along with this one right now.

@Sumbril I mean… they might always add more tert genes? We did just get new primary & secondaries!
@Kitari Yes! Exactly! And we have our evidence, too- there's a "I regret exalting my progens!" thread first-page-ing under discussions along with this one right now.

@Sumbril I mean… they might always add more tert genes? We did just get new primary & secondaries!
@Sumbril Ooh, that is a lovely Guardian. She does look very good with the basic, and her mate is a very nice complement.

@Velocidade Yeah I've seen that thread. I was very close to exalting my random when I started. Glad I didn't now, even tho I still haven't finished her. But there we go, back to feeling like I gotta gene 'em all.
@Sumbril Ooh, that is a lovely Guardian. She does look very good with the basic, and her mate is a very nice complement.

@Velocidade Yeah I've seen that thread. I was very close to exalting my random when I started. Glad I didn't now, even tho I still haven't finished her. But there we go, back to feeling like I gotta gene 'em all.
hYK4ogH.gif
I can't speak for everyone who has been around for ages, but I feel that the fact that I have been around since the site first opened is part of the reason I am totally okay with basics (and even prefer them in some cases). I experienced the dragons market when it started and slowly watched dragon values drop regardless of breed, species and colours. It's reached the point where I rarely sell dragons at all now because there are better ways for me to make money. Because of this I don't feel the need to conform to the idea of what is 'valuable'* (triple colours, triple genes, etc) and I just collect what I like, which includes basics.

Earlier on I wouldn't have had basics in my lair for long because they were not profitable. Now that money isn't an issue I don't care.

*I get why they're popular and a lot of people love them, but I've never really loved any of the major trends myself and I've had to force myself to have the 'right' dragons to make a profit.
I can't speak for everyone who has been around for ages, but I feel that the fact that I have been around since the site first opened is part of the reason I am totally okay with basics (and even prefer them in some cases). I experienced the dragons market when it started and slowly watched dragon values drop regardless of breed, species and colours. It's reached the point where I rarely sell dragons at all now because there are better ways for me to make money. Because of this I don't feel the need to conform to the idea of what is 'valuable'* (triple colours, triple genes, etc) and I just collect what I like, which includes basics.

Earlier on I wouldn't have had basics in my lair for long because they were not profitable. Now that money isn't an issue I don't care.

*I get why they're popular and a lot of people love them, but I've never really loved any of the major trends myself and I've had to force myself to have the 'right' dragons to make a profit.
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
I… I… guys… I only JUST got the joke from the "BASICally" in the title.

Oh. Man.

I am definitely not living up to my username today… Q___Q
I… I… guys… I only JUST got the joke from the "BASICally" in the title.

Oh. Man.

I am definitely not living up to my username today… Q___Q
I'm working on four dream dragons that just have a tert (because the color is important and I want it to show.) They'll be staying mostly basic. And my Cloudless is basic except for underbelly. Most genes add some white to him and that messes up his name! So he's likely to stay basic.

I like gene'd and basic dragons, but I'm not likely to try and sell basic babies. Sometimes, but exalting is easier. (I love exalting. I get the urge to exalt my entire lair sometimes.)
I'm working on four dream dragons that just have a tert (because the color is important and I want it to show.) They'll be staying mostly basic. And my Cloudless is basic except for underbelly. Most genes add some white to him and that messes up his name! So he's likely to stay basic.

I like gene'd and basic dragons, but I'm not likely to try and sell basic babies. Sometimes, but exalting is easier. (I love exalting. I get the urge to exalt my entire lair sometimes.)
Will trade on a 1:1 food point ratio for turtles. Let me protect the precious from dragon bellies!
1 2 3 4 5