Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Silhouette Scroll Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It currently isn't useful to me, but it's good for making transgender dragons. Maybe I'll have trans dragons, I don't have my lore figured out.
It currently isn't useful to me, but it's good for making transgender dragons. Maybe I'll have trans dragons, I don't have my lore figured out.
1b82b988bb765cc205b1929d59a834f02c6e137a.png
bYt72YT.pngLRdLP2V.pngjI9KbMj.pngUdd22Jj.pngQQYyU47.pngJ7D1quC.png
q7KYqlT.pngFObX7rS.pngBzjAkuF.pngTsZSlfa.pngq7KYqlT.png
love em, but will probably be using for aesthetic purposes only. my dragons who have lil bits of personality and lore in my head are whatever gender my brain arbitrarily designates to them regardless of pose and id like to keep some of them with the poses they already have even if theyre trans bc the pose is just a part of how i picture them now. great for other people to use that way tho
love em, but will probably be using for aesthetic purposes only. my dragons who have lil bits of personality and lore in my head are whatever gender my brain arbitrarily designates to them regardless of pose and id like to keep some of them with the poses they already have even if theyre trans bc the pose is just a part of how i picture them now. great for other people to use that way tho
I think I’m one of only a couple of people who don’t like it.

While it’s a simple pose swap, my artistic side/ anatomy obsessed side is frowning at the secondary sex characteristics flipping between poses when the dragon is still it’s default sex. I did read a great thread suggesting these characteristics become apparel pieces, which would solve the problem of redoing countless artwork and then some.

I saw someone say it defeats a whole mechanic of the game to like or learn to like a certain gender’s pose. If this scroll was free, we’d probably see next to no female tundra or spiral poses ever lmao.

And lastly, everyone calling it a trans scroll. It’s a pose scroll. Gender marker is still there. Yes I do greatly understand the important for trans/nb users and dragons, I know, I am trans myself. I don’t see the joy in giving a dragon the same negative life experience I’ve had. That’s where my POV becomes really personal and different from everyone else, so please don’t assume I’m criticizing, just sharing my perspective.

At the end of the day my reasons are entirely personal and ultimately minor so I will remain respectful to those who do love the new scroll and move on. It doesn’t affect me, and I am genuinely happy for those who’ve wanted this for many years! It’s great for personal lore and simple aesthetics, no denying that. I’ll hold in my opinions here on out and just let people enjoy the new item c:
I think I’m one of only a couple of people who don’t like it.

While it’s a simple pose swap, my artistic side/ anatomy obsessed side is frowning at the secondary sex characteristics flipping between poses when the dragon is still it’s default sex. I did read a great thread suggesting these characteristics become apparel pieces, which would solve the problem of redoing countless artwork and then some.

I saw someone say it defeats a whole mechanic of the game to like or learn to like a certain gender’s pose. If this scroll was free, we’d probably see next to no female tundra or spiral poses ever lmao.

And lastly, everyone calling it a trans scroll. It’s a pose scroll. Gender marker is still there. Yes I do greatly understand the important for trans/nb users and dragons, I know, I am trans myself. I don’t see the joy in giving a dragon the same negative life experience I’ve had. That’s where my POV becomes really personal and different from everyone else, so please don’t assume I’m criticizing, just sharing my perspective.

At the end of the day my reasons are entirely personal and ultimately minor so I will remain respectful to those who do love the new scroll and move on. It doesn’t affect me, and I am genuinely happy for those who’ve wanted this for many years! It’s great for personal lore and simple aesthetics, no denying that. I’ll hold in my opinions here on out and just let people enjoy the new item c:
Untitled_Artwork.png
I like it! I was able to buy one yesterday and use it on my random progen. Now he's a really cool ridgeback with a much shorter snoot. :v

I need to be careful with my gem spending now tho... >>;
I like it! I was able to buy one yesterday and use it on my random progen. Now he's a really cool ridgeback with a much shorter snoot. :v

I need to be careful with my gem spending now tho... >>;
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
i dont have any usage for it at the moment (i may in the future!!) but its so so cool for people with trans dragons and its also easier for peopel who couldnt breed one pose they needed
i dont have any usage for it at the moment (i may in the future!!) but its so so cool for people with trans dragons and its also easier for peopel who couldnt breed one pose they needed
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I think its a cool idea for sure, but I just dont get why they could not have just added a gender changing scroll of sorts instead since I feel that would be a bit more useful aside from just changing the lineart? Plus now it may be quite confusing now, the fact that you cant really tell a dragons gender through the lineart,,
Again its a cool cool idea I just have mixed feelings whoop, maybe ill think better of it later however
I think its a cool idea for sure, but I just dont get why they could not have just added a gender changing scroll of sorts instead since I feel that would be a bit more useful aside from just changing the lineart? Plus now it may be quite confusing now, the fact that you cant really tell a dragons gender through the lineart,,
Again its a cool cool idea I just have mixed feelings whoop, maybe ill think better of it later however
Heyo im Ell!! |
They/Them |
My Beloved |
CkbRBhK.gif
[quote name="JCStitches" date="2020-09-16 07:12:38" ] @Native Hello! This does not effect breeding. To use your example, the dragon's sex is female and does not change. This scroll just lets you toggle between artwork. [/quote] Thanks so much! :)
JCStitches wrote on 2020-09-16 07:12:38:
@Native Hello! This does not effect breeding. To use your example, the dragon's sex is female and does not change. This scroll just lets you toggle between artwork.

Thanks so much! :)
I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol.

There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end.

I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business.
I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol.

There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end.

I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business.
I like it, though at first I had to put buying the scroll out of my mind some to not instantly buy a whole bunch of them because I've been saving up my gems. I have several dragons in my lair that I'd like to use it on. I'm so glad now that they finally put a pose change scroll in the marketplace since I've been waiting for one to be released for a really long time.
I like it, though at first I had to put buying the scroll out of my mind some to not instantly buy a whole bunch of them because I've been saving up my gems. I have several dragons in my lair that I'd like to use it on. I'm so glad now that they finally put a pose change scroll in the marketplace since I've been waiting for one to be released for a really long time.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-09-16 11:50:57" ] I don't care. Not going to use it and not going to purchase dragons who have the scroll applied. I hate the silhouette symbol. There is nothing wrong with the price. In fact, it would expected to be more than 400G. The effect is permanent and can be changed at any time. The dragon is fully functional even after applying the scroll. Unlike permanent hatchling which will need the Scroll of Maturity on top of Scroll of Eternal Youth if wanted to revert back to adult from hatchling. Everything cost money anyway. Flight Rising is ultimately a business in the end. I will not comment about the use of the scroll. Players are free to use it as they want. That is none of my business. [/quote] Ya know.. I hadn't thought of the icon. Eh, that may make me hesitant to use it. I don't like all the cluttery icons.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-09-16 11:50:57:

Ya know.. I hadn't thought of the icon. Eh, that may make me hesitant to use it. I don't like all the cluttery icons.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7